[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

11 years and a remaster later, can we finally agree that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: Vayne.jpg (156KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Vayne.jpg
156KB, 1920x1080px
11 years and a remaster later, can we finally agree that he did nothing wrong?
>>
File: 1376899516646.jpg (172KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1376899516646.jpg
172KB, 720x720px
He made the mistake of being a really forgettable villain.
>>
>>384844518
The reins of destiny back in the hands of man.
Anyway the true Unsung Hero of the story and all of Ivalice is actually Venat.
Literally the true fucking Hero with capital H.
The Prometheus of Ivalice.
>>
palpatine did lots wrong. now cid is the one who did nothing wrong. he just wanted to let humanity control their own future.
>>
>>384844518
literally who? He was upstaged by his judge minions all game. Hell, he even got cucked out of a spot in Dissidia. Even Dr. Cid was way more memorable, and enjoyable, as an antagonist with his connection to Balthier
>>
>>384844518
He was really mean to the guy in Rabanastre. Fuck Vayne.
>>
>>384844908
This was my feeling basically.

But they needed a villain with good hair because the power of the ps2
>>
>>384844908
I legitimately don't consider any of the imperials to be villains.
They're antagonists sure but not villains.
I think the reason they picked Gabranth is simply because he had more presence in the story and bigger moveset to draw from.
Same reason why Jecht is the FF10 antagonist representative instead of Jew Jewon the Giant Tick, Golbez instead of Zemus/Zeromus for FF4 and so on.
Vaan isn't even the main character but he's still the rep character for example.
>>
>>384845786
The Archadians are the basic warmongering empire, as such, it's difficult to sympathize with them at all. They aren't as much about independence of mankind as they are as taking the control from the Occuria and leading the reigns themselves.
>>
>>384844518
Don't know who that is since I didn't bother with 12 after I saw the worst combat in a FF game ever
>>
Might as well ask here. How long is FFXII on average?
>>
>>384845943
All you do is select a move in a menu if you want slower paced or set up dealies if you dont feel the need to manually select every move

I dont get this meme.
>>
>>384846036
https://howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=3529
But IZJS and TZA both have 2x / 4x speed boosts so not this long.
>>
>>384846036
no sidquests and straight through story probably about 30-50 hours. all the hunts and stuff, easily over 100
>>
>>384845930
Vayne is quite clearly established to not be a warmongering piece of shit and actually having benevolent goals in mind, not to mention literally planning to abdicate and give the throne to Larsa once his plan is completed because he knows Larsa will be the true benevolent leader that people need.
I literally fucking hated Ashe for being a complete bitch 24/7 and almost fucking up.
Cid, Vayne and Venat are the real heroes.
It's like with real world anon, you can't bring order without slamming the hammer down first a couple of times.
Julius Caesar and Augustus are best examples in history of that, enlightened despots.
>>
>>384844518
Venat is literally Prometheus
>>
>>384846173
IZJS only has 2x.
4x was added in Zodiac Age only.
>>
>>384846263
Is there a reason for him driving a bulldozer into rabanastre at the end?
>>
>>384846036
If you are new to the game and completing it for the first time, easy 50 of content for the main story and you can easily go 100 hours for the side content
>>
>>384846468
Nah IZJS had it but you needed to beat the game once
>>
>>384846517
To fight the Rebellion.
The ending is literally mix of A New Hope and Retur of the Jedi complete with Millennium Falcon (Strahl) flying out of the exploding Death Star (Fortress Bahamut) at the last second.
FF2 and FF12 both rip off Star Wars pretty fucking hard.
>>
>>384845930
>>384846263
wrong, vayne/cid are the reason that the archadian empire invaded nabradia and dalmasca. I can't remember who said so but basically cid convinced vayne to do some political manuevering to cause the wars. This is pretty obvious when you consider that he killed his own father after he showed that he wasn't willing to go to war with the rebellion.

The archadian empire and the senate themselves are not bad, vayne manipulated them into doing what they did.

you have to remember that besides vayne and his immediate cronies, not many people knew abouy deifacted neithicite.
>>
File: qeq2.gif (564KB, 800x430px) Image search: [Google]
qeq2.gif
564KB, 800x430px
>>384846723
>The ending is literally mix of A New Hope and Retur of the Jedi complete with Millennium Falcon (Strahl) flying out of the exploding Death Star (Fortress Bahamut) at the last second.
>>
>>384845943
>Videk game series built on ATB combat uses ATB combat in their next game without going to a battle screen
>People call the combat system they liked trash for some reason

Literally makes no sense. Its turn based combat without having to constantly click through menu buttons in random encounters that inflate game time
>>
>>384846468
>IZJS only has 2x.
If you're playing IZJS you're emulating it.
>>
>>384846836
>but basically cid convinced vayne to do some political manuevering to cause the wars
Cid basically wanted to test the power of the stones, convinced vayne and got entire locations wiped out
>>
>>384846836
And you seem to forget the PRIME reason why Cid and Vayne did what they did in the first place.
To stop the cycle of puppet kings ruled by Occuria, free mankind from control of the petty totally-not-greek gods and unify the land under one rule.
Literally google what Enlightened Despotism is, fuck. Classic case of "can't make an omelette without breaking a few eggs".

>>384847047
I played it on real PS2, since I had a modchip.

>>384847023
Han Solo, the handsome rogue pirate aka Balthier
Chewie, his furry half-animal companion aka Fran
Luke, the clueless hero of the story who loses his family and is dragged into Rebellion to fight the Empire aka Vaan.
Leia, the princess who lost her homeland and father in an Imperial attack, now seeking to overthrown the Empire aka Ashe

Need I really go on?
>>
>>384847304
>Luke, the clueless hero of the story who loses his family and is dragged into Rebellion to fight the Empire aka Vaan.
False, vaan is not a chosen one and he's not the hero
>>
>>384844518
He was going to destroy Rabanastre and go straight to war with Rozzaria because 'muh dynast king'
>>
>>384847430
He's the protagonist of the story, definitely not the chosen one though but neither was Luke, since Anakin was the chosen one.
>inb4 you spout Disney horseshit how the Mary Sue is the actual Chosen One
Non canon garbage as far as I'm concerned.

Then you've got Basch literally being the old guy Ben Kenobi mentor figure who has seem some shit and has history with the Empire and their Darth Vader (Gabranth).

It's not a literal 1:1 ripoff obviously but you have to be fucking blind to not see how much shit is directly lifted from SW.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.