[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

We can all agree that 3 is the worst Assassin's Creed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 237
Thread images: 30

File: Assassin's_Creed_III_Game_Cover.jpg (48KB, 256x327px) Image search: [Google]
Assassin's_Creed_III_Game_Cover.jpg
48KB, 256x327px
We can all agree that 3 is the worst Assassin's Creed game, right?
>>
Yep.

I'm pretty sure it goes...
>Brotherhood best classic style
>3 is the worst
>4 is the best.
>>
>>384842236
it's my favorite only because I like American History, especially the revolutionary war. I'm not even American, just think it's cool.
>>
I was going to say no but then I can't point another one to be the worst.

I have a crush on Connor desu
>>
>>384842236
That'd be Syndicate.

>>384842295
II > Brotherhood

IV is overrated. Way too many tailing missions, lame story, awful modern segments, and ship boarding is rarely fun.
>>
File: ACSyndicate_Group01.jpg (535KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ACSyndicate_Group01.jpg
535KB, 1920x1080px
*blocks ur path*
Not so fast.
>>
File: 1485402361784.png (174KB, 373x373px) Image search: [Google]
1485402361784.png
174KB, 373x373px
Assassin's creed 1 is the worst AC by far.
This is not debatable at all.
>>
>>384842556
>people thing modern AC is repetetive
>don't remember 1
>>
File: dicklover.jpg (46KB, 720x405px) Image search: [Google]
dicklover.jpg
46KB, 720x405px
>>384842407

>Way too many tailing missions

I swear to you man every single mission in that games has tailoring. How the fuck do you not see a SHIP coming?

>lame story

Kenway wears the Assassins costume all game yet by the end of it he's still not a assassin. He's just wearing it because its a assassins creed game

Also ship boarding gets old after a while. spot on bru
>>
>>384842236
I can agree that everything made after II is mediocre to shit, the series was originally planned to be a trilogy, but Ubi smelled the money and the success of AC2 and ruined.
Ubisoft needs to be burned
>>
>>384842459

Syndicate city was cool at least. AC 3 only had tress

>>384842556

AC1 was cooler to fool around tho
>>
>>384842787
syndicate city was pointlessly large for how samey it is
>>
>>384842787
>Syndicate city was cool
Nah.
>downgraded graphics
>wide-ass streets don't work well for freerunning
>they "fix" this with a fucking grappling hook
>>
File: asscreed.jpg (280KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
asscreed.jpg
280KB, 1920x1080px
>>384842236
Syndicate was by far the worst.
Unity is underrated.

Can someone answer why /v/ thinks brotherhood is so good and then say revelations isn't worth playing? How is there that big of a change between the two?
>>
>>384842981
Brotherhood is basically an expansion for II. Revelations is only worth playing for the setting and the novelty of the hookblade.
>meh story
>tower defense shit
>same boring assassin trainee minigame from Brotherhood
>mostly re-used weapons
>Ezio getting with a young ginger bitch at 50 or so
>the terrible puzzle segments with Desmond's retarded backstory
>>
>>384843308
It's also worth playing for the bomb making stuff. That was pretty neat.
>>
>>384842236

ACIII was a massive disappointment. But the worst one is definitely Revolutions. It wasn't even a finished game and even clone missions from Brotherhood were bugged. The cutscenes were just a glorified hype machine for ACIII. And they totally ruined Altiar's character.
>>
>>384842981
Revelations was made in about 9 months and it shows
>>
File: 2732762-unitybug.jpg (78KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
2732762-unitybug.jpg
78KB, 1280x720px
>>384842981
>Unity is underrated
so are its day 1 glitches and bugs
>>
>>384843505
Only retards buy games on release.
>>
Any new word since E3 on that one Asscreed game that's coming out that focuses on pirate battles?
>>
>4 is always called the best
>rogue is rarely mentioned thanks to being released at the same time as unity
>>
>>384842981

Unity suffered with the bugs on release, online coop shit and bland protagonist.
>>
>>384842236
>changed many things and still has one of the best animations
>weapon variety
>can parkour on fucking trees
>actual variety even with naval combat fuckery
>somehow it's shit and 4 with repetitive as fuck gameplay and tail missions is better
No
>>
>>384843867
see
>>384843721
>>
>>384843867
>bland protagonist.
As every game
Unity is still the best one and everything is fixed a long time ago
>>
>>384843732
Its a new ip not tied to asscreed and it looks like pvp ship battles only, dropped
>>
brotherhood had raiden
it's the best in the series
>>
>>384842981
Unity was fun i do agree that the protagonist was boring as shit though.
i also wish they did more with the co op instead of just doing random side missions i wish there was a story maybe?
>>
>>384843505
>tfw played on release but never got these bugs, just crashes and shit performance
I wanted funny faceless characters too goddamnit.
>>
>>384844042

what about the game being built around coop online shit? does that gets in your way or what? thinking about getting
>>
>>384844114
The crossbow ruins it.
>>
>>384844196
It's totally optional, and only there for side missions.
>>
>>384842556
Shut the fuck up. It is the most realistic.
What do you think a professional assassin does besides kill people? It's supposed to be repetitive.
>>
>>384843903
Because you forgot about
>dumb as fuck protagonist who still chases after the Templar group who's looking out for his people after finding out who really killed his tribe and mother
>has a short loading screen just to access the 'quick menu' to change weapons, shit even fades to black
>homestead that's comfy as fuck but ultimately serves no gameplay purpose whatsoever
>recruitable 'assassins' that lead nowhere story-wise
>also filled to the brim with tailing missions and that fuck awful eavesdropping mechanic where you have to stay close to the targets to listen to them talking about dumb shit
>in fact, AC3 was the first one to even have these fucking missions in the first place
>main missions are a theme park of historical events where Connor was heavily and directly involved in all the big events during that time period instead of being in the shadows
AC3 had everything bad that was in AC4 with none of the good.
>>
>>384844995
>recruitable 'assassins' that lead nowhere story-wise
That was in Brotherhood and Revelations, too. III's at least have personalities and unique appearances.
>also filled to the brim with tailing missions and that fuck awful eavesdropping mechanic where you have to stay close to the targets to listen to them talking about dumb shit
IV has way more.
>theme park
Unlike almost every other AC, right?
>>
>>384844196
Really not, you still can play most missions yourself. It's worth it now, really
>>
>>384842236
Nah. Revelations, Liberation, and Unity are all much worse.

Most of the AC games have fundamentally the same problems. It seems that most of the raging hate for 3 just boils doing to people who can't stop sucking ezio's wang.
>>
>>384845792
Revelations has a great setting, bombs, and the hookblade. Liberation has the persona/disguise system. Unity is the best-looking AC to date and has arguably the best combat.
>>
>>384845391
>That was in Brotherhood and Revelations, too. III's at least have personalities and unique appearances.
Yeah, that butcher you can call for help in combat who still wears his butcher's apron and uses cleavers definitely looked like he was part of the Brotherhood. In Brohood and Revelations, they set it out from the get go that they're members of the Brotherhood and are just mere recruits that you can use. In III, they introduce the fuckers with a nice story mission to give them these personalities and then proceed to do nothing with them. No initiation, not even another appearance later on. They don't even appear at the homestead.
>IV has way more.
Doesn't stop the fact that III had them too and was the one that started having them in the first place.
>Unlike almost every other AC, right?
Other ACs had you either inadvertently cause something as collateral damage or incite others to do it. In III? Connor was the one dumping tea into the water, lead the defense of Lexington and Concord, chaperoned Paul Revere on the Midnight Ride, etc. Connor always had to be the centerpiece of these events but was somehow not acknowledged at all in history. Other ACs had the protagonist work in the shadows, making it understandable that no one was aware of their part in it.
>>
>>384844995
No, I didn't
The only real problem you've listed is "none quick menu for weapons"
Caring about plot or characters in AC games right after second one is laughable
Eavesdropping shit was already in first one, dumbo
AC4 is more shittier and the real problem that AC3 has is that they scratched the fuck out things that were in rendered target gameplay and most missions are linear, but AC4 has that too
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kg3F0SaPfp0
Thankfully atleast Unity catched that good camera distance and real good parkour animations, and also varied missions, even optional one
>>
>>384846191
They're in taverns around the game. You can go have conversations with them whenever you want, retard.

>Doesn't stop the fact
AC has always had tailing missions. III's weren't even that bad.
>Other ACs had the protagonist work in the shadows
You've obviously never played Syndicate.
>>
>>384842236
Nah, its just unfinished and it shows.
Unity on release was the worst.

Admittedly, its not the best, but the entire series runs the gamut from mediocre to good. However, judging unfinished games compared with games that are complete is disingenuous.

So I'll rate it wested potential/10. Still got my favourite MC along with Altair tho.
>>
>>384842295
nope but everything post 3 is awful.
>>
Why do Connor's robes look better (in motion) in III than in Unity?
>>
>>384846545
You really like Elise that much? Arno is treated more like a side character.
>>
>>384846229
>Eavesdropping shit was already in first one, dumbo
Weren't tailing missions numbnuts. You just had to sit down and watch the small cutscene. AC3 invented the whole 'tail this guy and stay within the circle to listen to them talking about dick'.

AC4 was shit too and had many problems but 3 was in no way better. They were equally shitty at best. Unity was much better.

>>384846528
AC has always had tailing missions. AC3 invented the tailing and eavesdropping missions. Pay attention anon.
>You've obviously never played Syndicate.
I wish I haven't. That game was fucking awful.
>>
>>384846640
Liberation is pretty good. Rogue is fun and not weighed down with tons of tailing missions like IV. Unity actually tried to improve the stale combat.
>>
>>384846707
I was talking about 3.
>>
>>384846707
I thought so too after playing it. Weird that she wasn't playable, even in a DLC.
>>
>>384846739
It doesn't even have that much eavesdropping shit to arguing this much, anon, but I do agree with you about Unity being better
Still 3rd one was something fresh and still more unique than Rogue and 4 because of everything it has invented
>>
>>384846871
She was dead.
>>
>>384847059
They could've done a flashback type thing.

It's not like they've never done something similar. Rogue takes place before III and IV before both.
>>
>>384846998
>It doesn't even have that much eavesdropping shit to arguing this much
It didn't have as many as AC4 but still enough to annoy the fuck out of me while playing. AC4 pushed it when it had you tailing ships in your ship but my point is that AC3 invented these missions in the series. AC4 just ran with it like a retard, how anyone can argue that's the best is just fucked up. AC3 did feel fresh, I liked how deep snow slowed you down and gave you incentive to parkour in the trees, were able to climb up steep cliff faces with those cracks in them and had predator animals that could fuck your sneaking up. But it had more flaws than it had pros and is rightfully pegged for them.

Unity was several steps in the right direction. Then Syndicate came out and undid nearly everything good in it. Syndicate was so fucking shit man.
>>
>>384846871
I think it was planned to be DLC but the whole thing was fucked up that they gave away Dead Kings for free. I remember them saying that there would be more DLC for it than just Dead Kings but with the whole buggy release controversy, refunds and compensatory free DLC and a whole other game, I think they just canceled all other DLC plans.
>>
File: 1486496386126.jpg (10KB, 380x296px) Image search: [Google]
1486496386126.jpg
10KB, 380x296px
>>384844625
>It's supposed to be shit

Every time.
>>
>>384842236
Unity and the nds games exist.
>>
File: ben-franklin-1024.jpg (188KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
ben-franklin-1024.jpg
188KB, 1024x576px
I really disliked the characterization of the historical figures in 3.

Why did they go with the grade school "jolly old Ben Franklin"? Franklin was quick witted and shrewd, he definitely had some sort of edge to him.
>>
>>384842556
AC1 had cool ideas, like giving the player to opportunity to plan their attack and getting to know the target, but poor execution.

I unironically enjoyed it even then. Wish those things had made a comeback later.
>>
File: diplomacyfails.gif (961KB, 245x213px) Image search: [Google]
diplomacyfails.gif
961KB, 245x213px
>>384843817
Rogue did everything black flag did but better and with a protagonist who learned to fucking shave.

My biggest complaint about assassins creed games is some of the assassins didn't shave and it doesn't make them look mysterious at all.
>>
File: 1500741900488.jpg (17KB, 420x410px) Image search: [Google]
1500741900488.jpg
17KB, 420x410px
Every Asscreed after 1 is the worst Asscreed.
>remember all those abilities you had to unlock? >you have them at the start now
>no more comfy save zones
>even more repetitive shit you can do
>cities are even more lifeless
>no more reason to climb the towers besides unlocking locations for useless shit
>and we made the games even easier
>fucking ancient humanoids or whatever
>save the world plot-line
>buy that city
>you're the leader of the assassins now
>you're in a coma but not really
>Defend that tower!
>Desmond isn't the MC any more
>Abstergo makes vidya now
It should have died after Asscreed 1,
>>
>>384848567
The writing in Rogue is probably the most hamfisted and the worst of the series though.
>>
>>384848567
I liked Ezio better when he shaved. The goatee made him look like a douche.
>>
>>384848881
What was the point of Desmond's character?
AC 1 and 2 we're slowly setting up a future game and he died like a bitch in 3.
>>
>>384848881
Desmond has always been awful.
>>
>>384842236
Are any Assassin's Creed games worth playing? Do you need to play them in order for plot continuity?
>>
>>384849021
Audience surrogate and giving a sense of purpose to the series.
Also, setting up the stakes to get a better understanding of who is right and wrong.
>>
>>384848907
Probably because it was shat out on short notice for last gen consoles only when the current gen was being released.
>>
How come in every Assassins Creed game your character is always on the right side of history?

No Imperial Jap Assassin, no Southern Confederate Assassin, no Conquistador assassin

How dull.
>>
>>384849238
As tourism simulators in the past, yes. Release order is generally the best option for any game, but for the purpose of having fun doing parkour in the past or to play the pirate in a good ambience, its not necessary.
The overall plot ends in 3, after that its just an excuse to do cool things in the past.

AC1 is just if you play for the story, the most important element - the parkour - was improved in later games.

The usual is to play 2 and Brotherhood in that order, then 4 and Rogue because those have pretty fun mechanics and ambience.

For a change of pace in term of MC, play 3, it concludes the story of 1 & 2+BH+R. It is seriously flawed, however.
Revelations gives a bit more insight but can be skipped.

For gameplay improvements, play Unity.
And if you've played all of that, play Syndicate.
>>
>>384849737
Last time I checked in black flag you were just some asshole who stole a assassin's gear.
>>
>>384849021
Exactly this>>384849263

Finding out about the backstory through him is infinitely more engaging than what they did in AC4.
>>
>>384849751
So if I want to just mess around, do the Assassin's Creed games offer the same kind of freedom/things to do that you get in GTA games?
>>
>>384848907
The gameplay was the best in the Kenway saga though. No shitty tailing/eavesdrop missions
>>
>People constantly forgetting about Revelations' powerfull OST
Specially in that ending, HOLY FUCK
>>
>>384842236

Why does it matter if it's the worst? It was free.

If you bought it before the Ubi30 give-away, then it sucks to be you.
If you bought it after the Ubi30 give-away, then you're just stupid.
>>
>>384850550
Only thing I remember from Revelations is how fugly Desmond got. He honestly looked like a monkey in that one. Rebecca also looked like a dolphin in one of the games but I can't recall which.
>>
>>384849964
Not really. The only ones to do that kind of thing are maybe Unity and Syndicate.

For fun, Rogue and 4 give you the opportunity to move from island to island, listening to your singing crew, fishing sharks, whales, narwhals. You can do a bit of hunting too. The hunting applies to 3.

In terms of repeating activities, those games are fairly empty. Mostly just collectathon. The worst is 1 with 100 flags and 60 Templars, but 2 is not exempt.

There are some scripted activities, like in 3 where you go around discovering the reason for various rumours or hunt special animals. Or participate in a bare handed boxing tournament.

If you are looking for GTA but in the past, its not too likely you will find what you are looking for.
>>
>>384850796
Syndicate is only good for its murder mysteries. Everything else is garbage.
>>
>>384850796
Anon... there were 400 flags in AC1.
>>
>>384849979
Sure, but the horrendous writing really takes me out of it.

>>384851046
Yeah, I mistyped. It was just so boring I never went through with it anyway.
>>
>>384849925
The fact hat we have gotten neither a future Asscreed nor a Asian setting outside of fucking 2d games is fucking baffling.
then again the game is made by a fucking load of frenchies and Europeans so they don't want nothing to do with Asian culture.
>>
>>384851661
AC1 takes place in Asia.
>>
>>384851661
AC China is such a goddamn waste.
>great setting
>good female mc with cool robes
>unique hidden blade
>larger focus on stealth
>>
>>384851661
Nah, they just lack imagination. Asian culture is pretty popular.
>>
>>384851876
Last time I checked Asscreed 1 takes place somewhere around Lebanon and Sidon. Located absolutely nowhere near asia and more around where europe, russia, and africa meet.
>>
>>384844196
You can do every single co-op mission solo and they all have a downtime portion for you to collect the skill points in them.
>>
>>384852297
Part of Asia.
>>
File: 15610150667_35e8e379cd_b.jpg (155KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
15610150667_35e8e379cd_b.jpg
155KB, 1024x576px
What's the general opinion of Pic related on /v/

I personally couldn't fucking stand her. Pretty cute looking but didn't like her character at all.
>>
>>384852754
Well I guess that's why I didn't think it was part of asia.
Sidon, Lebanon is on the very ass end of Asia.
>>
>>384853242
Hated both her and Arno. Cute though.
>>
>>384853242
Does this still require a fucking computer from the 2030s to run this shit?
>>
>>384842236

I personally hated revelation more
>>
File: cover_orig[1].jpg (86KB, 584x800px) Image search: [Google]
cover_orig[1].jpg
86KB, 584x800px
>>384842236
Nope. That would be this.
>>
>>384853242
Better than Arno at least. I will never get over "Mirabeau and Pisspot man are dead, but it's okay because the memories I stole from the bad guy's mind from stabbing them told me there's a man behind it all!"

>>384853673
I played it on a 5770 at silky smooth 15 FPS with the latest patch so I doubt it. Maybe to max it but not to play it at a reasonable framerate with reasonable graphical quality.
>>
>>384842236
>Everyone hates 3
>It's my second favorite

I still don't understand why people hate it. Every time I ask why, the reasons given are things that apply to every AC game.
>>
>>384853915
>Arno steals memories, tells the council about it and no one even stops to question what the FUCK is this memory stealing shit all about
I was so fucking confused then. Was it just a thing that assassins could do?
>>
>>384854012
Because it did not live up to expectations. That's the real reason.

It is the best selling entry because there was a ton of hype at the time, but plenty of people were disappointed with the modern world segments, the ending, the rushed writing.
>>
>>384854145
>Was it just a thing that assassins could do?
I thought it was just some sort of blood thing passed down a la Eagle Vision that only Arno could do and everyone just believed his nonsense.
>>
>>384854296
But Eagle Vision is already established as something that anyone can do. Fucking Adewale had Eagle Vision too. In fact, Edward could do it even before he became an Assassin.
>>
>>384842407
Syndicate is surprisingly good, it actually has a city and the hang warfare is fun. There are just too many Assassin Creed games.
>>
>>384854445
>But Eagle Vision is already established as something that anyone can do
You still need to be a special snowflake with a certain DNA strand if I remember right to actually do it.
>>
don't listen to the niggas, if you really loved old PoPs then 1 is really the only good one.

2 is good too, but just to play when you have nothing better to do.
>>
>>384854445
Eagle vision is a trait passed down to those who are related to the Precursors, and only those. Its a degraded version of a special sense they had.

Moreover, every MC has a different version. Altair could only use it at a stop, Ezio's changes between games, and so on.
>>
Even fuckinf Bayek looks like he will have more emotion

Although apparently Connor barely showing emotion seemed to be planned I think
>>
Arno was a good MC and had the outfit

Worst would be Evie even Jacob wasn't that bad
>>
>>384854854
Connor logically suffers from genuine PTSD, not the tumblr version.
He focused his entire being on an enemy he holds responsible for the death of his mother.
The writing just makes that more obvious, probably because he was planned to appear in at least one more game.
>>
>>384854639
>>384854530
With the recent games, I just don't buy that anymore. Seems it's become more of a standard wallhack mechanic rather than having proper and consistent lore driving it. The game's rely on them too much without expanding on or explaining them, the characters can just do them without any further insight. I remember when it was a sixth sense that the Precursors had and it's something passed down by blood but it seems the devs have forgotten it.
>>
>>384854854
Abstergo themselves said Connor had a bland personality with fits of rage
>>
>Abstergo used Shay and Avelennie as shitposting starts towards the assassins
>>
>>384848360
It also relied way too much on the blend in mechanic.

In a group of monks? Sure. But alone? Out in the open? With blades covering every part of your body? No one in their right mind would let you get anywhere near anyone important. Yet at least half of the missions involve you doing just that.
>>
>>384855203
The devs forgot a lot, including the fact the Brotherhood was active at least 200 years before Bayek.

You still play a special snowflake because the later games are based off of genetic samples taken from Desmond who was the most genetic snowflake of all the snowflakes.
>>
>>384855450
you know that back in the day everyone carried weapons right? It was ancient Texas everywhere.
>>
>>384855037
>Arno was a good MC
>Gets drunk worse than Edward
>Gets two of the highest ranking members of his organization killed with no repercussions
>His entire reason for living is trying to dick Elise.
>Is basically Ezio before he realized the responsibility laid before him except throughout the entire game instead of just the first couple hours.
>When he's confronted by the Council his reasoning for everything is "Stabbing a guy let me see his memories, don't kill Elise!"
>Doesn't even give a damn about the Creed or his organization, he basically follows Elise like a thirsty lapdog.
Arno was a terrible MC. He's Ezio 2.0 without any of the character development. The entire speech he gave at the end of the game came out of nowhere.
>>
>>384855450
I did not say it was perfect, but giving the player the possibility to plan out or rush in was nice. I wish that remained in a way.
I never liked blending in because late game, in a group of monk you just stand out like a sore thumb, admittedly.
>>
>>384848360
Oh but they did in Unity
>>
>>384848881
>>remember all those abilities you had to unlock? >you have them at the start now

This. I hated how you could counter people without your character going through any kind of training in 2 and 3.
>>
>>384855750
Oh boy thanks for bringing this shit back into origins
>>
>>384855649
>ancient Texas

lol
>>
>>384855895
What is Origins doing?
>>
>>384855723
I have yet to play it. I don't know why, but the game repels me.
>>
>>384848360
AC1 fags really should play Unity
>>
>>384855661
I still remember how the devs described him as someone who loved Paris and its citizens, how the main story was a 'love' story in a way because it focuses on Arno's love for his country and shit. Then you play the game and there's absolutely none of that anywhere. Even after Elise died at the end, Arno just wants to fuck off out of the country in the DLC and doesn't mind fucking over France to achieve that. He was a dick.

>>384855750
What are you talking about? Connor and Ezio did have to train for their abilities. You see it happen in the cutscenes. It was retarded in the first game because Altair already had the training, he just couldn't do them because he was stripped of his rank. Imagine that, he somehow lost his ability to counter simply because he got demoted. What the fuck?
>>
>>384856021
In Origins enemies have levels, which is completely different from abilities being tied to story progress.

At the very least, you cannot instant kill an enemy whose level is much higher than yours with the hidden blade.
>>
>>384856156
That

that sounds kind of dumb
>>
>>384856235
Well people complained and look at what it got you
>>
>>384856235
>they should really make you train since why can I do this
>wait no that's retarded
>>
>>384856131
Eh, the instant you get to control Connor out of his village, you can do most everything that's not using the rope dart. I always find it funny to rush the closest fort and free it just as soon as I can.
>>
People who actually liked the modern plot and the shit with Desmond are the worse I always hated that shit
>>
>>384842556
It aged like shit, sure, but it still actually had interesting characters, great assassination missions and targets, some of the better cities the series has had, and I loved the darker tone to it all. 3 has none of the above and is an insult to anybody who played a single video game before it.
>>
>>384856235
Well we don't know the specifics yet. But we do know there will be a ton of grinding involved right of the bat.
Looking at it, its more or less Prince of Persia: Forgotten Sands but with the AC brand.
>>
>>384856305
>>384856390
>It's hard to put a training segment into the story
It's only an issue in 2 and 3, where your character literally has no training at all, yet can easily kill anything and everything.

In the games where you're already an Assassin, it doesn't matter if you can do all this shit from the start because it makes sense that a trained Assassin would have that training already.
>>
>>384856606
Can you AC1 niggers play Unity if you want this shit
>>
>>384856131
You can literally do any combat ability as soon as you get the robes and sword in 2. And Connor can counter as soon as you leave his village.
>>
>>384856727
In 2, you can't counter with a weapon or perform disarms until you train in Monterrigioni. You were only able to counter with hand-to-hand against hand-to-hand attacks since the intro sets Ezio up as a brawler.
>>
>>384854012
Here are things that most certainly do not apply to the other AC games that came before 3 (1, 2, Brotherhood, and Revelations)
>training/tutorial missions into the SIXTH SEQUENCE
>chase missions all over the place, including the final fucking mission
>enormous barren wilderness that gets old the second time you run that well-crafted route between four trees
>awful protagonist
>setting that featured small houses and buildings, taking away the free running and verticle aspects that made previous games' settings so good (technically not Ubi's fault because of the setting, but they still fucked that up)
>story is a convoluted mess that jumps around years at a time to shoehorn Connor into every major event of the revolution
Fuck, I'm mad just typing this. AC 3 fucking killed Ubisoft for me and I have never pre-ordered a game since. It's an abortion in a series that was improving and could have been something good by now if not for Ubi phoning it all in.
>>
>>384856967
>And Connor can counter as soon as you leave his village.
This was so jarring.
>Hasn't even gotten training from Achilles yet
>Can take down entire groups of Redcoats without even trying.
>>
In a couple of years people will say the Frye Twins are good
>>
>>384856735
What shit? Never played Unity.
>>
>>384857140
Some people are already saying Evie is the problem.
With that said I never played Syndicate so I really have no idea.
>>
>>384857132
That's what I'm talking about. It makes no sense.
>>
>>384857223
Unity has everything people want from the series besides story

>muh assassin missions that let me learn the target and plan out my attack
>muh city
>muh customization
>muh vibrant and alive city
>>
>>384857510
Technically, you don't learn about the target much at all. I can only think of La Franiere's mission that actually had any planning involved. The others had a neat design to them that's fairly open but you don't really get the chance to scout things out that much. Syndicate, ironically, handled these missions better but had worse everything else.
>>
>>384842236
3 is the worst AAA game ever released.
>>
>>384857510
That sounds a lot better than the alternative and 99% of 3.
>>
>>384842236
No the first game is the worst. It is the most bland repetitive one of the series. 2 was a tenfold improvement over 1.
>>
File: 2451646514541.png (853KB, 736x1476px) Image search: [Google]
2451646514541.png
853KB, 736x1476px
>>384857403
Im one of the few people who sticks with the Frye Twins so bear with me

Jacobs thing is unlike the other protagonists is he was introduced to the Creed at a young age but he hates being an assassin. Syndicate has VERY minuscule bits of character building due to the writer being the shit one from Brotherhood. Jacob though all his goofy and wacky antics can be a good character if given to a good writer. He is basically a dude with major daddy issues since he was forced into being an assassin when all he ever wanted was to be a British goof.
>>
>>384857915
never played 3, but shit nigga, we just had ME:A.
>>
File: Me-and-my-fedora.jpg (37KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
Me-and-my-fedora.jpg
37KB, 480x640px
>I like Assassin's Creed
>>
File: 1478911938683.jpg (74KB, 668x695px) Image search: [Google]
1478911938683.jpg
74KB, 668x695px
>>384842236
>I preordered the collector's edition
>the Connor statue is really fucking cool and pretty good quality
>mfw he's one of the worst protagonists in any game I've ever played
>>
>>384858003

Jacob was a literal criminal with assassin toy
>>
>>384858053
Haven't played Andromeda, and not that anon, but 3 is atrocious and truly the worst AAA I've played.
>>
>>384858003

Jacob like you said with a little work could be a good character

I just wished they kept the darker tone
>>
>>384858003
So again, the issue is shit writing. Well its not like AC is known for its amazing writing.
OTOH, I'm a Connor apologist.
>>
>>384850764
>He honestly looked like a monkey in that one
You're definitely thinking of 3. In Rev he looked like Adam Sandler (and a lot of people called him ugly there too), but specifically like a monkey? That was 3, and that was a fucking atrocity. I don't even know how they could look at his model and say that was okay..
>>
File: 1494091778472.jpg (108KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1494091778472.jpg
108KB, 400x400px
>in the final follow-the-leader obstacle course with Charles Lee
>actually catch up to him on the top platform in the burning ship
>he's just doubled over panting for breath, doing nothing at all
>I run at him and hammer the ATTACK button over and over
>Connor simply stands over Charles Lee, looking at him, twirling his axe around in his hand like a retard until Charles Lee stands up ten seconds later and continues running away

Great game.
>>
>>384843308
>Ezio getting with a young ginger bitch at 50 or so
>womenizer and charismatical god such as Ezio wouldn't be able to pull bitches at 50
>>
>>384850550
Revelations missed on a few things like the memebombs and tower defense mode, but it was such a great ending to the Ezio trilogy. Hell, it even added more story about Altair. I wish the series ended there.
>>
File: 54515454515451451.jpg (77KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
54515454515451451.jpg
77KB, 1280x720px
So are we all in agreement Ezio can beat kratos?
>>
>>384842236
>>384842236

I've played AC, AC2, AC:B, AC:Revelations, AC:III and AC: Rogue, and Revelations is by far the worse of those.

From what I've heard I imagine Unity is the worst of all.
>>
File: rogueblogjpg-89c1fd_1280w.jpg (475KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
rogueblogjpg-89c1fd_1280w.jpg
475KB, 1280x720px
>>384842236
Best is Rogue except for the ancient alien shit. Ubisoft just can't make good ancient alien stuff.
>>
I remember playing this game for the first time and eventually I was just screaming, "I can't believe I'm playing an Assassin's Creed game where:"

>the mission is to ride around knocking on doors
>the mission is to walk around a ship for an hour
>the mission is to play hide and seek
>the mission is to just follow NPC #654 and listen to him spout exposition
>>
>>384849021
I've played 3 and gave up after a couple of hours, really awful game. Had no idea they killed Desmond. How did they present story afterwards?
>>
>>384857915
>>384858192
I 100% agree with you guys.

>>384858053
I haven't played ME:A myself either, but let's put it this way. ME:A was AAA and shit, sure, but it was made by the side Bioware team. Nowhere near the main team. AC3 was (and was advertised as so). The reason why there were two non-numbered entries after AC2 (Brotherhood and Revelations) was so they could "spend more dev time working on 3" and whatnot. I'd say that's a lot worse than ME:A
>>
>>384858662
Looks like he's about to lose to me. Kratos is 2 rounds up and Ezio is one hit from death.
>>
File: 5456145456455141.png (100KB, 516x782px) Image search: [Google]
5456145456455141.png
100KB, 516x782px
So will Bayek be a good protagonist
>>
>>384859042
The present day stuff switches to a weird first person thing where you're working for Abstergo Enertainment, using a commercial animus to dive into Desmond's ancestors (they get his body and viable genetic samples) to:
A) Make propaganda movies that paint the assassins in a bad light by careful editing and
B) Find the location of some new pieces of eden

At least for Black Flag and Rogue. Not sure what the present-day stuff for Unity and Syndicate are.
>>
>>384859134
Impossible to tell right now.
>>
>>384859261
Is that why the Assassins look worse and worse as the series goes on?
>>
>>384842236
1 is objectively the worst. It feels like a stretched out tech demo
>>
>>384859134
I think Origins will be more in common with Farcry than Assassin's Creed.
>>
>>384859134

I dunno he seems alright playful with a little girl and apparently hates religion enough to kill a priest in the street
>>
Anyone else wish that Unity was just about a group of four assassins, like the cinematic trailer presented, instead of what we got?

>>384859134
I'm getting the impression he is going to be stoic which will quickly become boring with one wrong move. I'm wondering how the daughter angle will play out if she'll die in the first few hours or if she'll end up playable during the epilogue in a twist.
>>
>>384859383
that and the assassins are just shit heads. The Templars had a major conversion after the Ezio line, but both sides gained major assholes.
>>
>>384859405
1 was something new at the time and really looked stunning. I've tried playing it after 2 though and just couldn't do it, 2 was just a massive improvement in gameplay and missions
>>
>>384859261
>>384859383

Kenway saga/American Revolution era were basically Abstergo propaganda

Unity though Syndicate your assassin hackers who are able to use the animus under abstergos noses
>>
>>384857510
Can you play with French audio?
>>
File: 1466266640355.png (89KB, 340x352px) Image search: [Google]
1466266640355.png
89KB, 340x352px
>6 hour tutorial stretch
>main """"""""""""""""""missions"""""""""""""""""" have dick all to do with killing anyone or are tailing missions
>Connor in general
>"""""""""""""""chase"""""""""""""" missions that are just obstacle courses giving no tension whatsoever and can't just shoo the guy trying to run away from you
>pointless frontier
>reduced the freerunning to one button, meaning there's no run stage between "walk" and "sprint and interact with anything you come remotely close to by accident"
>entire game is based around context sensitive actions and there's a shit tonne of overlapping areas of context
>cities aren't sprawls of dense buildings meaning rooftop free-running is pointless, it's literally fast to just sprint the streets than make a path over buildings which was the basic premise of the series being cool
>so restrictive and handholding that you can't even swing your own weapon without the game's permission

If it were in my power everyone involved in the creation of this """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""game"""""""""""""""""""""""""""" would be dragged out into the streets of Montreal and executed
>>
>>384859604
I tried to play them in order and 1 was so mind numbingly repetitive it hurt. Then, to top it off the Boss missions were literally just throw you into a room with the person to kill and that's it. I really expected to just be given the target, then to go hunt them down and find the best time to strike, not be put into a fucking tiny level where I just ran past everyone and stabbed him in the neck. It was such a let down that it hurt my enjoyment of the game and I tried to play it shortly after 2 came out.
>>
why does /v/ of all places have the best AC discussion
>>
Everyone shits on Connor's story but it was definitely pretty spot on, especially the ending where everything is pretty much vain.
All he did was for nothing
And Haytham was right
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6d79JHh3cU
>>
>>384860051
It mirrors Desmond's choice at the end where choosing to do nothing would be more beneficial than trying to steer the masses away from the edges.
>>
File: 5461564645464511.jpg (298KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
5461564645464511.jpg
298KB, 1280x720px
>>384860004

We know the series has flaws but we enjoy it anyway other places like to act like they top shit and say "oh assassins creed who plays that garbage amiright guys please upboat my smug comment"
>>
>>384842407
>ship boarding is rarely fun.
Never before have I seen a more false statement than this
>>
File: 1425740653767.jpg (292KB, 500x701px) Image search: [Google]
1425740653767.jpg
292KB, 500x701px
>>384858932
>the mission is to ride around knocking on doors
To the left Connor!
To the right.
To the left!
To the left Connor!
>>
>>384860004
Because we all know that the games aren't perfect anyway so everyone just talk about it for what it is.
>>
So is Nikolai essentially the most modern playable assassin even if its 2.5 d scroller shit
>>
>>384860293
Ship boarding is lame brah
>get to cannon
>shoo them until they're dies
>>
WHERE IS CHARLES LEE
>>
How would Edward even react to Haythem being a Templar
>>
>>384861408
>ah I was a Templar for a week my good ol son is playing the long game he will show his true colors any minute now
>>
>>384861408
Maybe disappointment because he failed him.
Also because he's no sailor.
>>
>>384861408
Probably wouldn't care since he wasn't there for him at all.
>>
File: 11485218.jpg (113KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
11485218.jpg
113KB, 1280x720px
HAVE YOU SEEN CHARLES LEE?
>>
>>384861408
Be more proud of Connor being assassin and competent sailor
>>
>>384842556
>thinks AC1 is the worst
>posts a smug anime face
Fucking kill yourself
>>
>>384842787
>Syndicate city was cool
Haha oh yes I too enjoyed the same 5 buildings copied and pasted over and over again
>>
>>384861979
>>384858893
IUH MAKE MUH OWN LUCK
>>
>>384861979
>>384862289

THE OBSERVATORY WHERE IS IT
>>
>>384842981
Unity got too much shit because of it's broken launch. The story sucked shit and the protagonist was one of the worst in the series sure, but the game nailed everything else
>best and most detailed map
>combat that focused on timing and position rather than mashing at everyone in front of you and countering enemies who wait their turn to die
>amazing choice in weapons and the character customization was a welcome addition
>co op was meh but it had it's moments when you pull off synced kills with a friend
>>
>>384862397
REQUESCAT IN PACE
>>
>>384862397

MY ROOKS
>>
>>384842981
For me personally I just got tired of the Ezio formula with Revelations. I didn't want to go through the tedium of training my recruits and rebuilding the city all over again. It barely improved over Brohood. The bombmaking was pointless fluff and the fact they had to give you 2 fucking weapon wheels really showed how much they were bloating Ezio with all his gadgets. A lot of the weapons were redundant too.
>throwing knives are silent but won't always kill in one hit
>hidden gun is loud but an instant kill
>but then you get the crossbow, which is not only silent and a one hit kill, it also carries more ammunition than the knives or the gun when upgraded
AC3 was also guilty of this. AC4 was a step in the right direction by reducing your weapons to a realistic amount.
>>
>>384856156
levels have been in the series since unity
>>
>>384859261
>Not sure what the present-day stuff for Unity and Syndicate are.
It's even worse. In Unity the modern day is pretty much nonexistant, you, as in you actually you in real life is supposed to be playing the game for the assassins to find the ancient artifact shit for them.
Syndicate had the british guy and the hacker chick go on missions to fight back against templars. The ending showed something about templars making mutant human hybrids with the DNA from the ancient alien race.
I really wish I was making this up but I'm not, look it up on youtube
>>
>>384863031
Sure, but in Origins the system is more developped. They literally show the enemies level, not just difficulty. And the same goes for Bayek who even has a skill tree
>>
>>384859134
No one is going to play that shit, so we'll never know
>>
>>384858893
>MAYBE I AM A MONSTER he says as he tries to stop the assassins from mindlessly killing thousands of people for the third time in a row
>assassins are also stupidly evil with street gangs attacking anyone loosely associated with templars and building poison bombs to use against civilians
>>
>>384849964
Syndicate's gang system might be what you want. It's pretty much like how the gangs in Saints Row work. You just point at any scrub and they follow you around and you can get in carriage rooftop fights with enemy gangs. Speaking of the carriages you can do pretty fun stupid shit with them, like shooting the horse when the carriage is at full speed will make the entire carriage go flying killing anything in its way, and you don't get penalized like you normally would for killing innocents. The novelty only lasts for an hour or two, so I don't know if it's worth playing the whole game for.
>>
>>384853242
literally a disney princess
>>
>>384842236
No, Unity or Syndicate is
>>
>>384859839
Yes, and you should. The characters in this game are annoying as fuck, it's best to use french audio + english subs
>>
>>384842614
But it was repeative. The only time the story gets interesting is the end.

And also when you chat with the mission dude in damascus. A true savage.

Say what you want about "muh I feel like a real assassin" meme and there being a pretty good story to start the series on, it's sequel improved on almost every aspect from the first.

I respect and fondly remember AC 1 like I do with Demons souls and then the rest of the souls series. They laid down a foundation for the rest of the series for better and sometimes for worse.
>>
File: 1474177753748.png (36KB, 400x390px) Image search: [Google]
1474177753748.png
36KB, 400x390px
>>384842236
No more AC threads until we finally get a protag and story in Asia. Fucking faggots at Ubisoft made boring ass France, London and fucking New Orleans of all places before an Asian setting and then made the one China setting a shitty 3DS game.
Since Ubisoft is such shit at developing, all they have to do is:
>Take For Honors mechanics
>Make that the Samurai dueling when not in stealth.
>Take the current AC formula
>Add in stealth at night and cool shit like grappling hooks, throwing stars and all other weeb shit
>Have it take place in China and Japan with the major cities.
>50hr long campaign with some chink or nip
It's not that hard.
>>
>>384864192
>Take For Honors mechanics
Lost me already. Everything about that dead game is fucking shit and you should feel bad for thinking otherwise.
>>
>>384864192
hang yourself weeb
>>
>>384864292
For Honor's problems lies in its online funtionality and Balancing. Not gameplay. the singleplayer was even better than what I expected though i have m gripes with this and that (why did I have to do 4 Orochi levels).
>>
>>384864292
It's admittedly a bad game but its core mechanic was solid.
It was also just a suggestion since Ubisoft can't design for shit. Just reuse old shit since they're so lazy.
>>384864349
Get the fuck >>>/out/, retard.
>>
>>384864192
I see your proposal and raise you a MGSV clone with the AC brand
>>
>>384865310
>MGSV clone
get out
>>
>>384865374
The gameplay is good enough. Criticise the writing all you want, there are good mechanics.
>>
>>384865310
MGS V is already has the marks modern AC games anyway
>>
>>384865437
Solid gameplay, shit everything else.
>>
>>384865660
Well yeah, but for the purpose of an AC game it would not be a bad gameplay.
>>
>>384857101
You missed
>that fucking sequence 8
>you have to do exactly what the devs want you to do get 100%
>if you don't they will mark an x on the screen
>the whole crafting and trading bullshit
>>
>>384865753
If they managed to populate the world and make it feel alive, then I could go for it. Especially if you had castles or forts to sneak into.
>>
>>384865831
Also the side activity is literally just running from point A to B without any context at all.
>>
>>384842236
Not at all. It's pretty good game and a great template for a number of later games.
Brotherhood and Revelations are the worst because they so pointless and a waste of time. They stood in place, reusing the mechanics of 2 without meaningfully improving them.
>>
>>384866846
>Great template for later games
>the ship battles were problably the best new feature in the whole series
>jumping across trees and shit, wow.
>much bush whacking
>very fun chases and tailing.
>MC before and after remain more memorable than the mutt.

Ya wow. Great template.
>>
File: anime on 4chan2.jpg (264KB, 1691x752px) Image search: [Google]
anime on 4chan2.jpg
264KB, 1691x752px
>>384862201
you don't belong here
>>
>>384853875
>xboner
>not the POO one
>>
>>384854509
Syndicate is trash. Get the fuck outta here.
>>
File: graphics thread.jpg (3MB, 4480x2521px) Image search: [Google]
graphics thread.jpg
3MB, 4480x2521px
Why did this game have the best graphics
>>
>>384858540
They literally have a fucking picnic. Kill yourself, closeted fag.
>>
>>384867880
It's ok anon. You don't have to get upset about a fictional Italian from 500 years ago getting more pussy then you.
>>
>>384868005
>then you
>then
Closeted and retarded. A deadly combination.
>>
>>384868103
Arguing grammar is all you can fall back on?

Typical.
Thread posts: 237
Thread images: 30

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.