[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this game our last chance (relatively at this point because

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

Is this game our last chance (relatively at this point because there have been dozens of last chances) for a decent competitiven FPS or is 2GD playing everyone like a fiddle?
>>
I'm the average game consumer who is mildly interested in arena FPS but obviously does not regularly consume them. What makes Diabolical special?
>>
>>384841384
Nothing whatsoever, which is why its all but guaranteed to be DOA
>>
>>384841384
Extensive mod and tournament support for said mods out of the box with an ingame map editor.
>>
>>384841747
Is this map editor on par with Bangai-O Spirits and Mario Maker? Is it as polished, intuitive, and fun to use as running around fragging people?
>>
>>384841384
Looks just like another quake 3 or possibly cpma clone, which honestly I'm bored of playing by now. I want a new arena shooter with fast gameplay, the requirement of tactical thought and probably a new movement system as well.
>>
>>384839593
>last video update on youtube is from December 2016
RUH ROH
>>
>>384842268
The twitch videos are more up to date and show the map editor
>>
>>384842263
Quake 3 and CPMA are practically two different games. CPMA isn't shit for starters.
>>
>>384842938
No, it's shit for veterans.
>>
>>384843016
Any vet worth his salt isn't dumb enough to play VQ3 with its atrocious netcode, bad balance, and slow gameplay. At the very least they'll use CPMA for OSP or QL.
>>
>>384842938
I didn't say it was both, but that it will end up being a copy of VQ3 or CPMA. CPMA is also very overrated, and doesn't reward as many playstyles as VQ3.
>>
>>384843387
>as many playstyles as VQ3
ah yes the +back and rail for 100dmg playstyle my favorite
>>
if you don't like counter strike, FPS is dead

ESPECIALLY if you want a game with an active competitive scene
>>
>>384843136
>slow gameplay

VQ3 is the fastest of all the mainline Quakes on account of

1) Killing being much easier in general, as you spawn with a very good weapon (MG, which does 7DMG/bullet in VQ3) and depending on the map you'll have the Rail

2) Strafejumping taking after Q2 i.e. being more streamlined and not as finicky as Q1's

You will get fast, insane sprees in QW on account of Q1's nonexistant weapon balance, but duels are still slow-looking in it (look at every 1v1 Cistern demo for QW), and the average joe gameplay will be less fluid and high-flying than Q3's easier SJing and jump pads everywhere

Q3 was designed from the ground up to be the most "exciting" Quake MP game. It was made faster on purpose (and easier to tap into that speed than ever)
>>
>>384839593
ALL RIGHT YOU MOTHER *BLEEP*ERS GET READY ITS TIME TO SACK UP IN DIABOTICAL THE ULTIMATE FREAKING HASHTAG EPIC HARDCORE MULTIPLAYER FPS 2GD IS ABOUT TO MAKE YOU HIS BAZINGA B*TCH
>>
Great arena shooters are already out there and are playable as ever and even more thanks to most people having a pc that can run them max, so why people is gonna start siddendly caring about them for some generic, identity lacking, yet another Q3 clone when they could play great games like UT 2004 or QL? Even reflex looked better than this and it cant even get over 70 players.
>>
>>384841384
Epic voice lines that make me XD
>>
>>384843840
VQ3 is the slowest quake due to no stairjumping/doublejump, no air control, and high friction. QW has no strafe jumping.
>>
>>384842938
>>384842938
CPMA has hardly a large playbase or features on its own to call it a different game, its just modded version of Q3 some snowflakes prefer than the actual game, calling it a different game is just misinformation and trying to fool people into thinking they are not playing Q3A with some changes, why are the fans obsessed with denying its just a mod?
>>
>>384845917

Technically the way you extend a bhop is a SJ in Q1. The strafe is required for maximum speed increase every jump
>>
>>384846161
there are clearly defined terms for these things and the method that works for quakeworld will not work for quake 2 or 3
>>
>>384846247

It won't, but Q1 does in fact have SJing, it's just "contained" within bhopping and done slightly differently (it won't work well with a diagonal, like it will in Q2 and 3)

Q2 onwards just streamlined it
>>
>>384845953
probably because the style of play and meta is completely different from Q3A as its an attempt to combine mechanics from all 3 games into one and no longer requires a copy of quake 3 to play
>>
leave arena shootan to me
>>
>>384848424
you mean zfps
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.