[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there STILL people here looking for a Switch and can't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 6

File: spla2on switch overload.jpg (374KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
spla2on switch overload.jpg
374KB, 2048x1152px
Are there STILL people here looking for a Switch and can't get one?

I heard that especially japan can't get any and even have to win a fucking lottery ticket first in order to even buy one.
>>
I'm still looking for one. Check stock a few times every week. I heard Amazon had them a few weeks ago but by the time I knew about it and checked they were gone.
>>
I've never even seen a switch on store shelves in real life.
I live in the US.
>>
>>384838869
I saw a Switch ONCE at Walmart. Makes me wanna live in the UK sometimes.
>>
Now that the Switch is confirmed to not be Wii U 2.0 I wonder where the shitposting narrative will go next?
>>
>>384839537
As soon as a Pokemon game releases
>HAHA IT'S THE 3DS 2 AND IT'S GONNA FLOP AND TURN INTO A HANDHELD
>>
Whenever I go to a store I look for one. I've yet to see one.
>>
Literally no gamestop has any in stock. They literally just order you one from a warehouse and mark it up accordingly.

That said, better than getting scalped like I'll have to for the SNES Classic.
>>
US here, I saw a Switch in a store for the first time THIS week.
>>
Never had any trouble.
Pretty much spontaneously bought my switch from amazon and I got it within 2 days.
>>
Every store in my area is sold out, but I went to a Walmart that was a bit out of the way and they had 6 of them just sitting behind the glass. Kinda thought about buying one just for Splatoon 2, but that probably wouldn't be a good idea.
>>
>>384838869
Fucking stupid. I got one on launch day.
>>
>>384841034
sonygerm please
>>
>>384841034
>Zelda
>Pokemon
>Blunders
Wow this is just, wow. I don't even like Zelda and I know this is serious bait.
>>
>>384838869
i got mine a few weeks ago. was put on a waitlist for about a month.
>>
>>384838869
I'm trying to sell mine
>>
>>384841301
why
>>
>>384841301
Gib
>>
>>384838869
I checked with the gamestop next to where I work, and I saw that they had switch bundles so I decided I'd wait until my paycheck so I could get it and still pay my bills and shit. I go up there 2 days later, all of them are gone. I go into a Best Buy, ask for one, guy goes into the back, I got the last one in the district. Fucking crazy.
>>
>>384843096
congratulations anon

what game(s) did you get?
>>
>>384838869
>overload
that's not what overload looks like fagtron

look at the xbox headsets. no store ever overloads headsets, of any kind, and there's almost the same quantity of the consoles.

that's a fucking low number of consoles
>>
>>384843290
Zelda, MK8, Arms, Cave Story +, and an eShop card that I bought Thumper with. feelgoodman
>>
File: sony nog2.png (47KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
sony nog2.png
47KB, 500x500px
>>384841204
>sonygerm
that was not funny

kek
>>
>>384838869
I got one about a week ago. Gamestop was out for months, and I didn't have the money anyway. But at some point I fell ass backwards into some cash and was like, "Oh, okay." And started looking around. Found out that local Gamestops had literally just that day gotten new supplies. But they raffled them to stores in the area, so a store had to be "lucky" to have gotten a shipment. Of the 5 or so Gamestops within driving distance of me, 3 had gotten lucky and received a shipment, and 2 were completely out. The third one is in an awful impossible to access parking lot where you can't even see the sign, so most people don't know it's there. They had like 1/3 of their stock left, but didn't allow for holding. So it was first come first serve. It was like 1 in the afternoon before most people get off work and kids get off school, and I got there in like 15 minutes and they had all of like 6 units left. So I wound up getting one. But I'm well aware that means someone who was waiting for it who probably had school or work and couldn't show up at that exact moment likely lost out on getting one. And it'll be months before they get another shipment, as I understand it.

tl;dr In the US, in populated parts of Cali, there are totally still people looking for them who don't have them.
>>
>>384838869
I have never seen a switch in the wild.
Makes me glad I got mine on launch or I wouldnt have one.
>>
>>384838869
Someone shop mario wojack looking at the pile and walking away crying
>>
I finally got mine from walmart the other day. For about a week and a half I had to call first thing in the morning, since they're always sold out by noon. As far as I know, they're they only store within an hour drive that gets them in-store.
>>
No one is buying this shit where I live either.
Not just the hardware, lots of stores I go to got burned because no one buys the fucking amiibos.
>>
File: 1497589337251.png (624KB, 1932x2388px) Image search: [Google]
1497589337251.png
624KB, 1932x2388px
>>384841249
>Being this new towards pokebarneyfag
lurk moar
>>
I have a question. Is the switch bad with the wifi or whats up? My friend has one and whenever he is next to the router he gets 3 bars of course, but when he walks 10 feets away from it goes down to 2 or 1. If this has happened to you do you guys have any suggestion to fix it? We just wanna play splatoon and have fun with no problems.
>>
>>384838869
I could order one online right now for 350€. Stock is also showing 25+ so who knows how many they actually have
>>
I'd suggest using this if anyone in this thread is looking for a Switch.

http://www.istocknow.com/live

Click Switch on the left, "Retail Only", and "hide if no stock", then punch your zip into the search bar in the top right. This site offers people a way to track whether or not the Switch is sold out around them and where the nearest store with one might be, but sometimes it updates slow, so it's always best to call ahead.
>>
File: 239345638444.jpg (10KB, 236x247px) Image search: [Google]
239345638444.jpg
10KB, 236x247px
>>384838869
I thought nintendo had more clout then this, thinking about all the dumb products I have to deal with everyday, the manufacturing process behind those products... if apple and samsung can throw towel and fight it out, I'm surprised a shitty video game company can't provide at the very least, the minimum to their customer base. Poor as fuck. It's a fucking video game console, not a nuclear missile component. Probably just a marketing tactic. gay.
>>
They have them in stock locally, although I'm waiting for a hardware revision and mario
>>
I wonder how many Switches are sitting in warehouses all over Europe
>>
>>384839250
>tfw since switch release i haven't gone to a store even once
the hikki life is a depressing life
>>
>>384845423
Nintendo has no direct competition though, so they have no incentive to get enough out
>>
>>384845675
You're a just a pussy piece of shit, not hating, I'm one as well. Fuck off dude.
>>
File: fkPT.png (228KB, 749x737px) Image search: [Google]
fkPT.png
228KB, 749x737px
>>384845184
No switch goes directly to portugal?
I've already seen some being sold in FNAC and other well known shops.

I've been lurking for a switch for weeks now...
>>
>>384845765
yeah they do, sony fucking microgaysoft, they make these shit ass toys same as nintendo.
>>
>>384839537
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cb-srOfRqNc
>>
>>384843096
good job man. I call my gamestop and found out that they were getting in some nintendo switches in. Went there first thing in the morning. Hesitated on buying it but I didn't want to miss out on splatoon 2 like I did with the first game. Come in next day on my way to work and found out they sold out all of them on the day they came in.
>>
>>384845881
what are you talking about, there are a bunch of wortens around here that have at least 5 each.
>>
>>384844982
i guess no one else has this problem
>>
>>384839985
My gamestop literally has 20+ in store and they've had atleast 10 in stock since relase
>>
>>384846180
where u at senpai?
>>
you've gotta do some digging around here but you can generally find one. a local target had like 10 for whatever reason but EVERYONE else had absolutely none.
>>
>>384845881
It's not a perfect map. It does rely somewhat on user input and market listings through larger retailers. Sorry to get your hopes up. If you fiddle a little with the load out and unclick "hide if no stock" and click "All stores" instead of "retail only" it should show you how much coverage the map actually has in your area. Sometimes that helps, because the system considers some stores to not fit into normal search terms. Clicking a store and then going to "Switch" on the left, will also sometimes tell you when a store last had one. If it's all just basically blank, there's a chance they might not keep track of that particular store, but know that they sell switches.

I'm not familiar with the market for Portugal, though. So I have no idea how much this site would be keeping track of it, if at all.
>>
>>384845109
>350€
Why are Switches so expensive in Europe compared to the rest of the world?
>>
>>384844982
the switch has some pretty awful wifi connectivity, a recent firmware made it a bit better but its still kinda weak because of the large sheet metal plate they put on the back.
The range is a bit better with 5.2 ghz wifi
>>
>>384844982
>>384846259
It's not an issue I've encountered, personally. And I haven't heard much about the issue. I know it has some issues reading weak signals and sometimes extra signals from bluetooth devices and other wireless systems might interfere with internet signals coming out of cheaper routers. I would make sure the router isn't buried under or behind shit and make sure you didn't put a phone or a wireless controller between you and the router.

Also, general rule of thumb is to not walk a room away from a router when you want to use the internet. Walls block signals real good sometimes.

I took my Switch into my bedroom a couple days ago. It still worked online despite being 3 walls, 2 rooms, and like 15 or 20 feet away from my shitty 20 dollar router. But the moment I rolled over in my bed, I lost online because there's a dead spot in my room I'm aware of, but wasn't thinking about. (Always learn and be aware of your house's dead spots.)
>>
File: blunderfag.png (1MB, 2208x3032px) Image search: [Google]
blunderfag.png
1MB, 2208x3032px
>>384841034
Leaf range ban when?
>>
>>384847342
but my friend has a ps4 in the basement and it connects perfectly fine. even the wii u lol
>>384847105
i'll tell him to give it a try
>>
>>384847621
Oh, well maybe it's like >>384847105 said, then.
>>
sweetie, you can get them in yurop because they retail for 500 to 600 USD there
>>
I actually hunted a switch for a few weeks before pre ordering gamestops bundle+buying splatoon 2 because there wasn't a damn switch for 90 miles. When mine came in it works fine in portable but loses its goddamn shit as son as its docked.

So now I gotta wait for a damn replacement to be shipped in cause there's still no switch for 90 miles
>>
>>384848037
what is it doing while docked?
>>
>>384847402
>Based Anon calls him out
You're not based if you call yourself based.
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.