[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>spinoff games made by a different company are the best

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

File: image.png (7KB, 160x128px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
7KB, 160x128px
>spinoff games made by a different company are the best in the franchise
>>
File: F-Zerogx.jpg (118KB, 433x328px) Image search: [Google]
F-Zerogx.jpg
118KB, 433x328px
This is somehow common with nintendo games
>>
>force retarded dance mini game
>best
Also
>inbefore4GITGUD
>>
>>384835913
Everything from Heroes of Might and Magic V. Not to say it's bad but Sir Kicksalot and Puzzle Quest HoMM were some of the best games under the brand.
>>
>>384836187
Yeah Dance minigame was pure horseshit.. but the rest of the games were god tier.
>>
>>384835913
I disagree that the oracle games are the best but that trend does exist in many franchises.
>Fallout New Vegas
>>
>>384835913
I'm under 25 so I wouldn't know.
>>
I'm not gonna go as far as to say Metroid Prime, but it's amazing how well it is just a continuation of Metroid despite the drastic perspective change. It's more accepted as canon than the original creator coming back and making one.
>>
>having a tree girlfriend
This game was fuck.
>>
>>384835913
Link's Awakening and both Oracle games were excellent, Minish Cap I would say was not quite as good as they are but it's still a great game. Capcom Zeldas are all around very good.
>>
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon is better than the actual series.
>>
File: hqdefault[1].jpg (29KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[1].jpg
29KB, 480x360px
>>384836053
Wow, it is.
>>
>>384835913
>Main company hires spinoff director
>Series becomes shit
>>
Can't wait for the rabbids game
>>
>>384836581
Second best is still pretty dang good for a franchise like Metroid, though I consider it superior (because im bad at platformers)
>>
>>384836581
That's because with the perspective change you have to change the formula but not change the core of what the game is about. The core of Metroid is about exploring new worlds and picking up power ups along the way. Because of the first person perspective mobility takes a hit but you can expand Samus's toys in other ways namely her visors and weapons. Other M failed because even though they changed the perspective they also changed the core making it more about the story rather than the exploration. I'd actually like to see Nintendo try to third person perspective again just with a team that actually gives a shit

Mario is another good example. The core of Mario is platforming and during the transition to 3D Mario kept that core despite the game playing drastically different. Zelda did well too. Sonic dropped the ball because it couldn't figure out how to translate its formula into 3D
>>
>>384836721
I still need to get into that. Recommend a starting point?
>>
>>384835913
>>384836468
>>384836672

I played and sortof enjoyed minish cap and a link to the past but never finished either. Minish i was at the final boss and just kinda quit. I was at the flipshitstick in Link to the past but again just sorta stopped.
Oracle of seasons was the first topdown zelda i played as a very young kid that didn't even understand english and a few years back revisited and finished.
I really liked how it felt like a spin off and the generally more laid back and whimsical cute and i don't give a fuck attitude of the game.
One moment you were fighting bosses, another time boxing wallets, bombing some poor fucks house, getting gangraped by said boss after once again bombing his house, feeding bananas to the flying blue bears, taking a lava bath and having dates with the hilarious subrosians, bodychecking vacuumcleaners, checking into the lobby with skelly pirates, showing off your sick dancemoves and dumping your seed all over the overworld.
It was great.

I should dig up my code and do oracle of ages some time.
>>
>>384837014
Rescue Team> Explorers of The Sky>Super

If you want to play just one play Explorers of the Sky ,the plots aren't related
>>
>>384835913
yeah
>>
>>384836721
So were the Gamecube games. Game Freak has no idea what they're doing, we need another serious Pokemon game by Genius Sonority
>>
File: 40897_fc,550x550,royal_blue.jpg (74KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
40897_fc,550x550,royal_blue.jpg
74KB, 550x550px
>>384838536
the gamecube pokmeon are really good for the fact that you cant start with not starters which is super awesome. and i really like the double battle always thing. HOWEVER the way you catch pokemon in those game is shit.
>>
>>384836721
So are Snap, the Pinball games, Conquest and various others. Not to mention that Yellow was the best of the early games and is technically not a main series game.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.