[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bosses aside Dark Souls 3 DLCs were fucking great. Painted World

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

File: 1500674239211[1].jpg (46KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
1500674239211[1].jpg
46KB, 960x540px
Bosses aside Dark Souls 3 DLCs were fucking great. Painted World was top tier comfy and Ringed City is the most beautiful area in the series by far
Redeemed a pretty mediocre game to me
>>
i like slave knight and the demon prince though
>>
>bosses aside
But DaS3 has the best bosses of the whole series
>>
>>384820513
Fuck right off, painted world was boring as shit and the first half on ringed city with those dumb gimmicky angels was awful
The bosses were the only good part of the dlcs
>>
>>384822647

Worst*
Combat was never the focus of the Souls games
>>
>>384822714

Shit taste
also

>using the world gimmicky unironically
>>
>>384820513
Ringed City was fun and had great bosses, but Jesus Christ did it make a mess of the lore. It honestly makes me like Dark Souls 2 more when it comes to lore since at least they tried to make a standalone story without ruining ideas from the first game.
>>
File: 1500724259218.png (23KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
1500724259218.png
23KB, 625x626px
>>384822764
>Combat was never the focus of the Souls games
>>
>>384822764
Dark Souls 3 has the best bosses in the entire franchise.
>>
>>384820513
>bosses aside
are you fucking retarded
>>
I honestly didn't like ringed city. Although it might have just been the entire game as a whole i couldn't really tolerate anymore. I just have no desire to fucking finish it even though i only got through one boss on that DLC. How do i make the game fun again?
>>
>>384823174
Why didn't you play Bloodborne tho?
>>
>>384823727
Im not talking about Bloodborne or Demon Souls, Im talking about Dark Souls. Sorry but go back to whatever reddit you came from.
>>
>>384820513
Ringed City is brilliant, Painted World was very disappointing.
Gael and Sister Friede were triumphant ends to each DLC and I'm happy with the style and mechanics of Gael as a final boss of the trilogy, if he is a bit of a who??.
>>
>>384824080

Painted World only fault was being too short, its the best snow area in the series
>>
>>384820513
Painted World was short and felt kind of low on quality as well. Right out of the gate you arrive in the painted world and you're not trapped in it because there's a bonfire a few steps away from where you spawn in and you can warp to every other bonfire from it and because of this the Priscilla knockoff doesn't even get the impact right because you're all like "Hey thanks for the bonfire, I'm going to go spend my souls and upgrade my equipment now" and then you just come back. And then the rest of the DLC has a load of Sif/Artorias wank via Abyss Watchers cross contamination that can't even bother to have special interactions with those types of armor. And the fucking forest of shitty enemy trees is just tedious.
Ringed City wasn't great either. 2 entirely unique swamps and the entire first area only passes real muster because you're driven through it at breakneck speed by shitty stealth segments/huge mob spawns/one-way drops that prevent you from realizing that the level lacks complexity.

>>384822647
Depends on your metric for boss quality.
>>
File: 1485442828621.gif (2MB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1485442828621.gif
2MB, 400x300px
>>384820513
Painted World was dogshit. Boring level design and enemies and 1 boss, and atmospherically not nearly as cool as the original and that was included in the main game.

Ringed City was so fucking boring and bland looking with such shit linear level design I refunded it after 30 minutes.

DaS3 is garbage, almost as bad as 2.
>>
>>384820513
Painted world of ariendel was a horrible dlc
>spawn in
>run to snow that falls down
>run through forest
>fall down again
>open some doors
>fight guy
>knock over some trees
>pull level
>fight boss

You can finish the dlc in less than 15 minutes
>>
>>384827070
Did you use a guide or what.
>>
>>384824080
I think From just didn't want to flesh out Primordial serpent/Pigmy/Abyss lore so they just went with a slave knight obsessed with his "Lady's painting".
>>
>>384826584

>anime reaction pic

opinion discarded
>>
>>384822764
>Imagine being this guy
>>
>>384828036
No i played through it, it took no effort at all
>>
>>384820513
>Painted World was top tier comfy
Painted World wouldn't have been so bad if the painted world was one of two or three new zones instead of the entire DLC
>>
File: 1493608395169.jpg (170KB, 850x534px) Image search: [Google]
1493608395169.jpg
170KB, 850x534px
>>384820513
>Ringed City
>beautiful

what the fuck are you smoking, the second and FINAL DLC has two fucking swampy/watery areas, three if you want to stretch it to Midir's boss room. The DLC should've actually taken part in the CITY part more rather than a swamp and some catacombs.

Ariandel would've been great if it wasn't for the fact that there's already a snowy area in the game that is much more striking/beautiful (but also unfortunately has a swamp in it).

DaS3 has way too many fucking bland, linear, swampy, uninspired areas that is made up for by having really great, fun bosses bar the odd gimmick one.
>>
>>384822764
leave it to the tripfag to be a complete fucking retard
>>
>>384823898
Demon's Souls at least deserves to be considered part of the same franchise as Dark Souls since it was a rights issue that caused a new IP instead of Demon's Souls 2.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.