[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What did this game do to be renowned as one of the best PvP online

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 10

File: guild wars.jpg (31KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
guild wars.jpg
31KB, 400x400px
What did this game do to be renowned as one of the best PvP online games? Did you bought the game because of cover?
>>
>>384812432
Inferior coverfu
>>
File: gwen-poster.jpg (279KB, 480x600px) Image search: [Google]
gwen-poster.jpg
279KB, 480x600px
Buddy introduced me to the game.

And pic related is the cover for horny boys.
>>
>>384812432
I bought it because it was an MMO without a subscription fee. I was pleasantly surprised.
>2006 was 11 years ago
Where did the time go?
>>
it was loads of fun
it's a shame about gw2 though
>>
Are there any good videos of gw1 pvp?
>>
My mom wouldn't let me buy it because of the cover when it came out

When I finally bought it years later the game was mostly dead and I had no idea how to play so I ended up just not doing it at all
>>
>>384816148
Back when Hall of Heroes was 8 players and you could do fun gimmick spike builds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWHt4qyUo1M
>>
File: IV.png (185KB, 304x354px) Image search: [Google]
IV.png
185KB, 304x354px
>>384816381
God, I miss those times.
>>
>>384816381
>tfw all 00s video have shitty background soundtracks
>>
File: 1493944039866.jpg (23KB, 246x275px) Image search: [Google]
1493944039866.jpg
23KB, 246x275px
>>384816570
>Not liking classic Michael Jackson
Say what you will about the man, but he made some damn good music in his prime.
>>
File: 1493389479327.jpg (49KB, 650x425px) Image search: [Google]
1493389479327.jpg
49KB, 650x425px
>gw2 pvp
How did they fuck it up so bad
>>
Why don't they ever discount this game? I can't afford gifting it to friends and they really don't want to buy it full price. Hell, I'd take even a 30% off.
>>
>>384816851
Discount comes every anniversary I assume
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (24KB, 186x268px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
24KB, 186x268px
>>384812432
Except I bought it with this cover
funny, I tried to find a pic of it with decent resolution and all of them had the various girl covers
>>
>>384816724
It's honestly pretty good once you get your head around it. Nothing like GW1 but it's pretty good as its own thing.

I should mention that I haven't done much pvp since HoT.
>>
GOD GW1 WAS GREAT

I loved being a warrior with ranger offclass and having a bow and 2h sword i could freely weave in and out WHY DIDNT GW2 JUST COPY IT
>>
>>384817147
>I haven't done much pvp since HoT
That'd explain it. The expansion killed it.

All the elite specs ruined pvp. Everyone has boons out the ass now, even in WvW, people stopped worrying about stacking might and stability with combo fields because the elite specs gave it to them through skills, and that's saying nothing of how each class has multiple passives that activate at percentage of health or when you get CCed. It's all too hectic of a mess to learn from your mistakes and play better.

Also, there's still like 4 maps total.
>>
>>384816381
>myspace.com
Simpler times.
>>
>>384818060
hambow war, literally pvp cancer build few months ago
>>
File: 1399933136833.gif (2MB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1399933136833.gif
2MB, 200x200px
>>384818060
Have they still not implemented Guild vs Guild pvp?
>>
>tfw gw1 had dozens upon dozens of gimmick builds
It's a shame how gw2 was, because those graphics with the same gameplay would have been mmo of the decade.
>>
File: Accumulated_Pain.jpg (4KB, 64x64px) Image search: [Google]
Accumulated_Pain.jpg
4KB, 64x64px
>>384812432
I bought this game after I watched my brother play it. It's the best MMO I ever played, I miss it so much.
>mfw I played GW2
>>
>>384818352
Hambow is one of the OG gw2 cancer specs.
>>
>>384816570
nigga

the joke is female Necros did the Thriller dance
>>
File: consider the following.png (254KB, 566x533px) Image search: [Google]
consider the following.png
254KB, 566x533px
>>384817604
>2h sword
those did not exist in GW1
>>
>>384812432
Large number of skills allowed for the greatest build diversity. Combine that with dual professions and 8 player parties for even more possible builds, both in PvE and PvP.

Guild Wars 2 should have taken that system and made it more intuitive.
>>
>>384819412
Not only did they not do that, they took it in the exact opposite direction.
It still hurts.
>>
>>384819412
>Large number of skills allowed for the greatest build diversity.
lol no
GW1 is great at many things, build diversity wasn't fuckin' one of them.
>>
>>384812432
Necros were incredibly fun to play solo and in party.
the sheer number of variety and viability of builds in both pvp and pve dungeons and farming was amazing. the game died the day they nerfed 55/600 farming because the bottom fell out of the economy.
>>
Eve > Cynn
>>
>>384812432
I bought the game because it had 3 different boxes, each box having a front and rear flip cover. So in total there were 6 covers I think, covering all 6 classes. That firestorm hamstring bar or whatever was a nice touch on top.
>>
>>384819656
Are you an actual idiot?
The game shit builds. Hell, people were constantly finding new broken as fuck builds anytime they did an update.
>>
>>384820151
He probably a Discord/Sabway fag
>>
>>384820151
>The game shit builds
No. There were some fun ones.
>Hell, people were constantly finding new broken as fuck builds anytime they did an update.
This does not equal build variety you fucking retard. And even if it did, this was not what actually happened. This is how I know you're a bandwagon sperg like the rest of /v/. Y'all can't hold a damn opinion of your own.

But sure, let's keep pretending that just because the game had more builds than GW2s, that it's the gold standard in gaming.
>>
>>384820571

???? Are you arguing that GW1 didn't have the best build variety out of any pvp game out there? Nigga are you fucking dumb?
>>
>>384816381
>Hall of Heroes
>not Tombs IWAY
>>
>>384819778
>Necros were incredibly fun to play solo and in party
Shame that's not the case in GW2. The changes to the minion master playstyle made it a worthless option when before it was very capable.
>>
>>384820571
>Bandwagon
I was playing the game back before you could even reallocate skill points, so I believe I know what I am talking about.
Builds were constantly being made, adapted to changes, etc.
Depending on the content, there was at least one build for your class, I'd not two or three.
Don't pretend that playing just for hall of monument rewards means you understand shit.
>>
>>384820927
I played mostly GvG, and while build variety was pretty good (desu I haven't extensively played any pvp in other MMOs), its build variety was more like MTG. You had like 3 different team compositions (usually something balanced, a spike or some other random shit, but everybody played balanced) where the majority would play generally the same build, but it came down to small things. Most player builds had like 1 or 2 slots that could be swapped out, and your runner was variable.
But for the rest you usually had 2 warriors, a runner, 2 healers (usually a prot and a healer though everybody was protting when divine boon was too good), 2 caster fuckers and a defensive controller (warder or paragon or something). But even then there were large portions of the game where one of these options was so much better (gale warriors for example, or the time when paragons were ridiculous, or when everybody was running meteor shower to win VoD, etc) that builds varied in like 5-6 slots max
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.