[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you think of Borderlands 2? Will there ever be a third

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 15

File: download (3).jpg (15KB, 329x153px) Image search: [Google]
download (3).jpg
15KB, 329x153px
What do you think of Borderlands 2? Will there ever be a third after the disaster of Battleborn?

I liked the core gameplay a lot but the writing is so cringe that I turn the sound off while playing
>>
Borderlands 2 is a fun game that provides loads of bang for your buck and a great PC port but with some of the worst humor ever. Its on par with RLM's Youtube comment section.

There will be a BL3 though, Randy mentions on Twitter that GB is working on that and a new BiA. I'm kind of looking forward to it because this is the only loot shooter series I like since Destiny 2 is bland as fuck.
>>
File: ThisThread.gif (960KB, 338x350px) Image search: [Google]
ThisThread.gif
960KB, 338x350px
>>384809891
Its their only IP that doesn't suck.
>>
Am I really the only one that enjoys borderlands humor? I mean, I know it's basically the same 4 jokes said over and over again, but they always make me laugh.
>>
>>384813810
Same.

I expected a cringefest since /v/ was shitting on it constantly and I actually laughed at some of the jokes and enjoyed myself inmensively.

That's the ppoint where I realized that I should stop listening to /v/ altogether.
>>
>>384814618
That's probably wise, especially since the games the majority of /v/ likes are just popular titles and they have their vision clouded by the nostalgia goggles
>>
Just wait for Borderlands MMO. It'll be epic
>>
>>384809891
loot table and damage scaling ruined it
>>
NG++ number scaling was un fun
Made one or two weapons per build viable with everything else being garbage.
>>
>>384809891
It's alright. The writing isn't that bad (though it definitely hits some really low lows), but on /v/ you pretty much gotta pretend it is.
>>
I hated this game enough to permanently delete off my steam library. Felt embarrassed for ever playing it, I thought the first one was okay but the second one was so bad. Forgettable boss battles, the weapons always looked and did the same but had different stats, main missions and side missions felt like a boring chore which I just wanted to get done with, horribly uncomfortable meme and nerd culture humor, bad story, liberal propaganda, etc.
It's bad.
>>
It has the worst scaling of any game.
>>
File: IMG_2643.jpg (57KB, 520x343px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2643.jpg
57KB, 520x343px
>>384809891
>writing is so cringe

Borderlands 2 is hilarious. I dunno what the hate boner on /v/ is towards this game, but the writing is generally pretty clever and apart from the odd eye rolling mission title reference, is very entertaining in its use of pop culture.

Also, Mechromancer is best girl who makes great robot jokes and Asimov/classic film references.

Borderlands 2 is actually probably my favorite FPS of the last decade and I can't wait for a real sequel. But then I prefer co-op to competitive most of the time.
>>
>>384815780
>the weapons always looked and did the same
why do you lie
>>
>>384816028
it doesn't help that they keep using the word "badass"
>>
>>384816325
I fucking hate it when lilith says "Holy badass"

I die a bit every time I hear that.
>>
Mindless fun.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (146KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
146KB, 1280x720px
>>384809891
>Will there ever be a third after the disaster of Battleborn?
It's their only IP that people know about and earns money.
>>
I didn't have as much fun with BL2 as I did with BL1 since my BL1 buddy was no longer around to play it with me. He got married. I miss him :(
>>
>>384809891
>totally fucked up balance in UVHM
>weapons become useless after a few levels even early on in the game
>"wacky" humor
>Claptrap is suddenly the most annoying character on the planet
>BL1 characters ruined
That said I still like it to some extent. BL1 is better however.
>>
Gameplay is superb IMO, The story isn't anything to write home about but the characters are really well written for what they are in the story. Though some are annoying or just cringy like lillith, theirs 2 more actually funny characters to make up for it like Prof. Nakayama and Jack
>>
>>384809891
it was fun, I just wish the PC port had native 4 player splitscreen because none of my buddies have capable PCs.
>>
File: 1479982742383.png (28KB, 321x322px) Image search: [Google]
1479982742383.png
28KB, 321x322px
>>384816028
Oh wow, a shill
>>
>>384809891
Everyone say's its nothing but Memes but the only real meme left is that its a bad game. BL2 is a legitimately damn good time, especially with some friends, but honestly still fun solo. The grind for specific guns is stupid as fuck, but honestly this isn't the kind of game you should be aiming for specific guns for you, you should just be wrecking shit with whatever you have and using you're specific classes skill to amp that up even more.

I didn't care what gun I had as a Gunzerker, I mainly focused on revolvers and shotguns, but as long as I could money shot/auto load my way through hoardes I was having a good time. Every glass had fun exploits like that and just made the game fun as fuck.
>>
>>384815885
The scaling is only shit when you stop taking new weapons. Part of it is ingrained gaming instincts, you go into new game plus with Orange or Eridium weapons, you think you're set, but then you get raped. Why? Because you didn't wanna toss out that gorgeous Orange the final boss dropped even though every enemy you're running into is about 10 levels beyond it...

When I finally said fuck it and swapped out my level 36 Orange for a level 45 blue suddenly the I could actually kill things.
>>
>>384821952
>lv. 45 weapons
>thinks he's anywhere near the point where enemy scaling becomes a shitfest
>>
File: 1492814349054.jpg (154KB, 508x406px) Image search: [Google]
1492814349054.jpg
154KB, 508x406px
>>384821238
>anyone who says good opinions about a game is a shill

you're not wrong, though
>>
>>384816028
I think theres a lot of roll over hate for Andy Burch... which he does deserve. But honestly even a massive faggot can make decent jokes from time to time. He doesn't get really obnoxious till the Pre-Sequel and HI DID I TELL YOU I'M A LESBIAN IN THE LAST 5 MINTUES?-The Character.

The rest of the writings is pretty damn clever. I really have a love for all the flavored texts on weapons, and the skill name and descriptions.

I am a sexual tyrannosaurus!
>>
>>384814618
Some of the jokes when they try can warrant a giggle, but that's when they stop trying to go for sarcastic observational humor. Borderlands was always meant to be a black comedy in a way
>>
>>384819948
I don't get all the hate for claptrap. I mean thats the fucking joke! He's literally designed to be hated. The first game has claptraps getting fucked up and killed non stop just because they annoy people. The one in the sequel is the very last one on the planet for that very reason

And you know what, I love the way they explained it in the Pre-Sequel. Which over all had a better story that 2 by far. The downfall of Jack was honestly pretty well done. You can only betray and fuck with a guy so many times before he says fuck you back and snaps.
>>
File: 1483889007636.jpg (60KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1483889007636.jpg
60KB, 400x400px
>>384822553
Intentionally annoying is still annoying.
Go read Borderlands: Fall of Fyrestone to see how Claptrap should be characterized.
>>
>>384809891
It's the best, worst game that I wish was better. That being said, I find it odd that while Borderlands 1 was by no means a perfect or even great game, literally every other type of game like it (including its own sequels) has failed to make a better version of it's mechanics and formula. There was a point where the word Borderlands clone was floating around and nothing ever came out better because of it. Despite still being an interesting idea with untapped potential.
>>
>>384809891
>What do you think of Borderlands 2?
Gameplay: Fun as Hell
Story: Can burn in a tire fire.
>>
>>384822553
There's a huge difference between Claptraps' depiction in BL1 and BL2/TPS. They are actually useful in the first game and while they have their quirks it's nowhere near as bad as in the sequels.
And how the fuck do they explain it in TPS? Jack hates Claptraps from the start of the game with the same passion as everybody in BL2.
>>
File: Jakobs.jpg (45KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
Jakobs.jpg
45KB, 600x338px
What is the best gun company and why is it Jakobs?
>>
>>384823568
Jack wanted to improve the Claptraps to make them less obnoxious, but they can only be edited by their creator, and he died so it's next to impossible to improve them or something. So, the Claptrap that led the revolution was taken and augmented in an attempt to them into something useful. Eventually though Jack decides that they're not worth the trouble, and has them all destroyed and the product line stopped
>>
File: 1470232909641.png (14KB, 320x177px) Image search: [Google]
1470232909641.png
14KB, 320x177px
Gonna play this game in a few days with some friends. Which one's better, TPS or 2, also why?
>>
>>384823568
The one in 2 was the last one, and he was the one turned into an assassin in the last DLC. He was pretty much insane.

And Jack was just annoyed with them like anyone else, they were exactly the same in TPS as they are in 1, its not till one of the late missions in the Space Station that it causes you to go through hell due to stupidity that he says fuck it and that when he takes over he's having them all scrapped. He says it as a throwaway line, but ends up following through, and its pretty damn funny. He just casually has them all trashed.
>>
>>384823918
I think 2 is a bit more varied in enviroment and I like its classes more, but TPS has double jumping and laser weapons. Honestly you can play them in any order, flip a coin.
>>
>>384823643
Fuck off it always takes more than one shot these fucking bullet sponges I swear to fuck.
>>
>>384809891
I actually liked Borderlands 2 except for Tiny Tina. Pre Sequel was cancer but I enjoyed playing as the Baroness.
>>
>>384823918
OP here. I just started TPS recently and its pretty much the same as 2 but with more mobility and laser weapons. Dialogue is even worse though
>>
>>384819187
My condolences for your loss.
>>
>>384823918
Go for 2 since it has fun Vault Hunters.
TPS is just more of 2 except boring.
>>
>>384821238
found the
BADASS
A
D
A
S
S
>>
Am I the only person who likes Tiny Tina? Before I played the game all I ever heard about was how much everyone hates her. /v/ hated her, journalist hated her, everyone I talked to hated her. Me and my friend get to her and start dreading it. I don't fucking get it, she's one of my favorite characters, same for my friend. Am I missing something? I hate Gearbox as a company and don't really like Randy or Anthony Burch but I like the story, characters, humor, and game mechanics of Borderlands series. There's pretty much nothing I hate about the series.
>>
>>384823860
It's some time since I played BL2 and TPS, but I'm pretty sure that's not accurate.
Jack wanted to reprogram Claptrap after he found out, that he was an assassin during the BL1 DLC. But he couldn't work around his dance routines and rage quit on the project. Also he destroyed the product line later on and by that point it was his anger about the incompetent Claptraps from TPS (which like I said before don't behave like those in BL1) that drove him.

>>384823987
Claptraps in BL1 didn't have problems with opening doors (unless it was completely busted). They were never used to play stupid pranks on people or made fun of them. They were tools. Tools with dancing routines, yes, but still tools that you could use to get shit done. In BL2 they mutated to a completely unnecessary nuisance.
>>
BL2's weapon system was total garbage
If 3 is more like 1 in that regard, I'll play it
>>
File: IMG_0261.jpg (36KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0261.jpg
36KB, 500x375px
>>384817305
>that exposed hip
>>
>>384815143

WTB [Burch's Dignity] 40,000$
>>
>>384827283
>canonically asexual

shame
>>
>>384828157
>>canonically asexual
Source?
>>
>>384828308
https://twitter.com/_anthonyburch/status/771034647065038848
>>
>>384815143
You mean it will be BADASS
>>
>>384815780
>liberal propaganda

Thanks for letting me know that I can ignore everything you have to say
>>
File: [angry toad noises].jpg (69KB, 480x327px) Image search: [Google]
[angry toad noises].jpg
69KB, 480x327px
>>384828431
Motherfucker
>>
File: IMG_1054.jpg (53KB, 750x300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1054.jpg
53KB, 750x300px
>>384828431
Thanks for giving me cancer, this is why I don't use Twitter.
>>
>>384816028
I don't mind the humour it's just that fucking mechanic I hate him so much
>>
>>384828696
Well...you don't have to worry about him anymore
>>
>>384828431
>tfw i will never mindbreak maya into craving cock for pure pleasure
IT HURTS
>>
>>384824331
I hated Tiny Tina until the DLCs, which were better than the main game by a very large margin
>>
>>384828431
>trusting Burch
>>
>>384823568
Claptrap suffered a bad case of Flanderisation.
>>
>>384809891
>the writing is so cringe that I turn the sound off while playing

I got it this last steam sale and played for half an hour. That little robot in the beginning is so fucking annoying I haven't gone back to the game yet. Was thinking about refunding it, but maybe I'll do this instead.
>>
1 and 2 are great games, yeah the writing is cheesy and tries too hard to be funny in 2, but oh well. 2 also got hit hard by gearbox kikery, tons of dlc and almost none of it included on the season pass. TPS took a more stark turn for the worse by ruining or changing series-defining mechanics and features.

1 is the best in most aspects, best balance, best legendaries, best design, best writing. 2 had better QoL, class/build variety, boss fights, and tons of content.

Things they need to do for 3 include balancing the higher difficulties to not so drastically require certain mechanics like slag. make it so you can start new characters faster without having to play through the fucking game like 40 times to level a few character, make it so you can start a character in UVHM or something after you've beaten the game on UVHM once already. less retarded dlc releases too

Burch is already gone so it's already got the potential to be better than 2 if they don't completely fuck it up. Hopefully they Burch's gross sister the boot too
>>
>>384830645
Claptrap was easily the worst thing in Bl2
>>
>>384831468
>Hopefully they Burch's gross sister the boot too
Ashley is a part of the stupid VA protest so she's definitely not in now.
>>
File: 1500518205748.png (494KB, 667x603px) Image search: [Google]
1500518205748.png
494KB, 667x603px
>>384815532
I mean the point of it was to force complete optimization of your build before proceeding to OP levels, but you're right. Without slag and a good build, it stops being fun.
>>
I feel like the first game had a much better tone and feel to it
It felt much darker and realistic both in story and equipment.
In Borderlands 1 you don't get the wheel gun, you get something that makes some sense barring Eridan guns, which to be fair are supposed to be alien.
In Borderlands 2 it's all BADASS and annoyingly bright.
>>
>>384813810
This. The first times I saw /v talk about BL2, I was surprised with all the hate.
I think a lot of people hate the writer more than the actual game...
I loved 1, and the second one is one of the best games I've ever played.
>>
It was fun for a while but i stopped giving a shit about it when i had to either watch or play it every time i went to a friend's house, just got sick of looking at it. It got to the point where i wouldn't go out anymore because we'd always land back to his and he'd want to play BL2, i just wasn't arsed.
>>
>>384833253
You're just new.
Thread posts: 72
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.