[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have some questions about the map symbols. Making sure I understand

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

File: Xenoblade_Chronicles_X_-_Boxart.jpg (139KB, 322x400px) Image search: [Google]
Xenoblade_Chronicles_X_-_Boxart.jpg
139KB, 322x400px
I have some questions about the map symbols. Making sure I understand the symbols:

>2 stars
There's a specific treasure that needs to be found

>Monster head
A specific tyrant that needs to be killed

>Clasping hands
An affinity mission needs to be completed

>A piece of paper
A normal mission needs to be completed

Regarding the last 2, are the quest givers for these located where the symbols are on the map? Or is it that whenever you do a mission/affinity and it takes place in that spot, it clears/'check mark's the symbol, and those are missions/affinities located throughout NLA?
>>
read the in-game manual
>>
>>384802432
I have. Tells little to nothing about the symbols, nor how to clear them, nor where quest-givers would be located.
>>
HELLO?

IS THIS THING ON?
>>
>>384803970
Stop that. Thanks for the unique bump, but stop that.
>>
AM I ALL ALONE
>>
switch port when?
>>
IS ANYONE THERE
>>
>>384802093
>>
>>384804272
>>384804228
>>384804119
>>384803970

...what are you doing?
>>
>>384802093
Most of the quest-givers will be in NLA, and then the quest will take you into a different location, which it will then fill in.
>>
>>384804480
Gotcha. Thanks.
>>
>>384802093
>Or is it that whenever you do a mission/affinity and it takes place in that spot, it clears/'check mark's the symbol, and those are missions/affinities located throughout NLA
Yes, this. The quest terminal will sometimes have 1 star "So and so wish to speak to a BLADE representative" type missions, those are usually just indicators of named NPC missions and where to go get them, and these are the missions that will sometime lead to clearing paper piece map symbols. Sometimes you'll need to follow a quest chain to lead to the symbol clear.
>>
>>384804726
Much appreciated!
>>
Are we taking about clearing the grid or are we talking about the icons?

If I remember correctly the grid can be a little inconsistent in regards to what gets cleared and whether it where the mission is picked up or takes place. While most missions are picked up in NLA not all are. Icons for available missions don't necessarily pop up the second they are available, you have to know about it. Knowing about it usually involves eavesdropping on conversations either in NLA or the other locations where non-hostile NPCs are. Which conversations are going on to eavesdrop on depends on the time of day so you might be in the right spot to eavesdrop but the wrong time. You can still take a mission you haven't heard about if you find the quest giver and talk to them directly.
>>
And remember: Verus is cute.
>>
File: amdusias.webm (504KB, 534x300px) Image search: [Google]
amdusias.webm
504KB, 534x300px
>>384806475
>tfw no qt Amdusias-chan logo
>>
>>384806696
I prefer Amdusia over Verus but the stupid ox head it get at 50+ kill it for me.
>>
>>384804120
Never. Fuck off.
>>
>>384806906
Yeah, I can understand that. Why did the heads change for them anyway?
>>
>>384805786
I think anons above answered, but I'll specify to give an example.

So I'll look at my map. In Primordia, right outside NLA (east), I see a paper icon. So I looked all over that hexagon for quest giver, since paper icons = quest. But I never found one.

So what I'm gathering is somewhere in NLA there's a quest giver that has a quest for me to do in that hexagon and when I complete it, that paper will be checked off.

Is this right?
>>
>>384802093
>This game died for an inferior tales rip-off catering to the most cancerous fanbase all because Monolith Soft fell for the mass appeal and money bait.

RIP XCX, you will be remembered as the only open world jrpg that had genuine ambition.
>>
>>384807285
Yup.
>>
>>384807359
Gotta get that Smashfag money.
>>
Oh yeah, you may not know this.

To participate in "multiplayer", join the invasion squad. You'll get a list of icons at regular interval (it can be hidden). Press R then L several time to see which icons represent which monsters. If you kill a monster you'll get 3 tickets (6 if it's the monster required is a tyrant) Once you killed enought monster you and every other player on the squad will get 30-36 tickets.

Those tickets can then be exchanged against monsters part, which make them useful for farming.

Each tasks completed give access to a short mission for more tickets. These missions can be done with other players and dissapear when someone clear them or when the timer for the set of task is over.

Doing those tasks also has the advantage of sometime giving you a BLADE medal. A medal can be used to fight against the global nemesis when one shows up. If you break their parts, you won't get materials but a number of tickets.
>>
>>384807284
Because every robot head change at 50+ ?
>>
>>384807721
I'm the last person in the world to say this but, It's gotten to the point when Monster Hunter World seems more an evolution (visually) for what the sequel to XCX should feel like.

sad
>>
>>384807359
You can't stop believing like that. X2 will be next.
>>
>>384808007
Takahashi said in the interview he just wants to make small mobile games, and his favorite gene is fps. He hates XCX and never wants to make anything ambitious in sci-i genre anymore.

http://www.siliconera.com/2017/06/25/xenoblade-chronicles-2s-executive-director-says-like-work-much-smaller-projects/
>>
I finally had the time to really sink my teeth into this game after owning it since day one. Four weeks and 150 hours later, my only response is holy shit, it's so big and complex yet understandable with some research. I've finished the main story and I'm at 86% survey rate, now it's off to grind for powerful builds and clear up what's left.
>>
File: 10-07-2017_34.jpg (433KB, 1920x1084px) Image search: [Google]
10-07-2017_34.jpg
433KB, 1920x1084px
To this day, I'm still playing this more than any other Wii U game. I wanna deck out my character with stat boosters as much as I can.
>>
>>384808007

X2 is a clear step back from XX. XX was all about seeing the vast expanse of the world, seeing what's in the distance and getting there. Massive scale. X2's camera on the other hand is scared to go more than 3 metres behind the player.

From what they've shown of X2, it's far less than what was shown of XX 6 months before release. It's going back to X1 to appeal to a fanbase that doesn't exist. Hell, I'm worried it has even less scale than X1 based on current footage.

And yes, if Nintendo aren't bullshitting, X2 is out in less than 6 months.
>>
>>384802093

If you need a map of every segment, you can use this:

https://frontiernav.jahed.io/explore/game0/visualisations/map/nodes/s1i100-10
>>
>>384808348
Nice reading comprehension. He says he'd be open to working on smaller projects, not only on them, and that he can't anyway because Monolith needs to develop big games. Also: https://mynintendonews.com/2017/06/14/monolith-soft-talk-xenoblade-chronicles-2-for-nintendo-switch/

>The way I see it, I feel as though Xenoblade 1 and 2 are connected and linked in the sense that they’re linear and story-driven games, whereas Xenoblade Chronicles X was more focused on open world and exploration, and maybe an online aspect. I feel like I’d like to continue to create games separating those two aspects out.”

He wants to create games in the style of X.
>>
>>384804228
I NEED A BIGGER GUN
>>
>>384808590
I meant X2 as in Xenoblade Chronicles X2, a hypothetical sequel to Xenoblade Chronicles X. Sorry if it sounded confusing.
>>
>>384807359
Please kill yourself, I beg of you.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.