[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are arcades literally killing fighting games for everyone not

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

Are arcades literally killing fighting games for everyone not Japan?

>Arcades always need to get their head start
>Takes 8 months or more for most games to get released to consoles as a result
>By the time the game gets to consoles a new version inevitably comes out in Arcades killing any momentum or excitement for the console version which is now viewed as old and irrelevant

Shit like the next Guilty Gear version is inevitably going to not be a patch like Revelator 2 but another fucking $60 version you'll have to pay for after waiting a year
>>
Arcades are a unnecessary relic of the past. It's only good for novelty.
>>
>>384801194
So why does this genre of games cling to them and cater to them over consoles?

Arcsys at least still 100% panders to them and you have stuff like the roster of the most recent Gundam Versus game being gimped because they didn't want it to compete with the arcade version
>>
>>384800950
I thought the main problem about fighting games is that Japan always gets it earlier then the west does?
>>
>>384801331
Arcade release for Guilty Gear Xrd
February 20, 2014
Console release for Guilty Gear Xrd
JP: December 4, 2014
NA: December 16, 2014
>>
street fighter v and kofxiv got on console first
sfv doesn't even have an arcade version
>>
>>384801630
This is mostly a problem for the anime fighters

It's a big reason why people find it so hard to stick with them, because you're constantly dealing with turnover as people drop the version the West has in expectation of the version Japan just got.

It's an endless cycle of "I'll wait for the next version"
>>
>>384801279

The Japs are all about tradition so they intentionally use a dated means of playing video games even when it makes no fucking sense. Also money.

>Gundam Versus game being gimped because they didn't want it to compete with the arcade version

They deliberately fucked up a game by design just for that? How disgusting.
>>
fighting games are made for the FGC, and breaking from how SF2 worked in literally any way makes the fgc pitch a fit and not buy the game
>>
>>384802048
They purposefully removed a majority of the roster and replaced it with characters less people would care about
>>
>>384802049
Case in point, take the /fgg/ general on /vg/.
>>
>>384800950
Arcades work as a good testing ground for balance changes before releasing a game on consoles.
>>
>>384802502
>Release game on consoles
>Immediately kill anyone's excitement to play that version of the game by putting a new one in arcades
AAA business model

Also you can't use that as an argument when Day 1 DLC/Console characters who aren't even tested get into console ports these days. Shit like Elphelt in vanilla Xrd or Kokonoe in BB is a great example
>>
Arcades are where ArcSys make their money. Anything outside of that is extra. If they could get the console release sooner, this wouldn't be as much of a problem.
>>
>>384801765
that pissed me off about blazblue, to the point i would purposefully wait a long time before picking up a used copy of the "current" game and just play with the leftovers still playing that version

but i haven't even bothered with bbcf yet
>>
>>384802792
>Immediately kill anyone's excitement to play that version of the game by putting a new one in arcades
Sounds kinda like Apple Computers
>>
>>384802049
fighting games nowadays are way more braindead than SF2 buddy.
>>
>>384805292
sf2 = matchup city
>>
>>384802792
Because Soul calibur 3 was such a quality game guys.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.