[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did we never get a proper follow up to Symphony of the Night?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: alucard.jpg (120KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
alucard.jpg
120KB, 600x800px
Why did we never get a proper follow up to Symphony of the Night? Was Konami really that clueless? And no, none of the rehashes that came after it are proper follow ups.

Since beating the game in 1997 I was waiting for a 3D Castlevania in the future that took the aesthetics from this game to the next level. Alucard's white hair and attire, donned with every loose fabric, flowing with full physics as he swooshes around in 3D hacking and slashing through enemies in DMC style and gore splatterings spreading across the floor. Massive, elaborately designed castle rooms and crazy looking boss designs like the Souls games had. We never fucking got it, instead we just got DMC and the Souls games from other companies which were still good but not Castlevania.

Do you think the new animated series will get Konami to actually make a good modern 3D Castlevania finally?
>>
I feel you dude, I definitely want a new Alucard game...
>>
>>384794364
no, fuck it, i want annother belmont game
but this time, their don't try to kill Dracula
>>
fuck alucard, i want the julius belmont game.
>>
Given that we never got a proper 2D follow up to SotN, fat chance.
>>
No, the silent hill demo was a big hit, every media talking about it and Konami let it pass.
Even capcom used P.T. sucess as inspiration for RE7 and yet konami totally ignore the series.
>>
>>384794506
>>384794628
A new Belmont game would be cool too, give the whip the combat style like Trevor has in the animated series, so it feels like it has weight to it. I also wouldn't want the game to be open world but I wouldn't mind the beginning to be like that, like an opening village setting with some quests in the surrounding areas, like Witcher 2.
>>
>No one will ever make Souls-esque Castlevania

Truly, this is the worst of timelines.
>>
>>384795667
Thank god.
>>
>>384792812
They tried, somewhat, with Lament of Innocence and Curse of Darkness. They just weren't very good. What you mention are all obvious stylistic things; making a compelling game that's unique enough to find a strong audience within a designated budget is harder than you make it sound. The PS2 games tried, they just sucked.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.