[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Half-Life 3 releases tomorrow >it is complete shit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: half-life-3.png (33KB, 760x427px) Image search: [Google]
half-life-3.png
33KB, 760x427px
>Half-Life 3 releases tomorrow
>it is complete shit

What would happen?
>>
File: 1500099119367.gif (1MB, 353x448px) Image search: [Google]
1500099119367.gif
1MB, 353x448px
>>384781119
Giant community backlash.
>>
>>384781119
The expectations about it are so overblown it will be considered shit even if it's a legit good game.
Why even release it?
>>
>>384781119
>implying it will be released
As long as that fat jew gabe is alive the game will never be released.
>>
>>384781202
What fucking community? All hl3 believers are in their 60s or something. No one fucking cares.
>>
>>384781119

It'd hurt Valve, which is making buckets of money.

This is why we will NOT see HL3 until major changes happen over at Valve.
>>
>>384781119
>Huge backlash
>Shitty meme dies
>Shitty meme death spawns new shitty memes
End this crap, fucking Reddit.
>>
File: consider.jpg (23KB, 569x428px) Image search: [Google]
consider.jpg
23KB, 569x428px
>>384781119
>What would happen?

People would be slightly annoyed but ultimately not care because we've all had a decade to realize that, although the cliffhanger was a slap in the face, the story was never that good in the first place. The gameplay is the only legitimate reason to be hyped for a game anyway, and a sequel to a first-person shooter is likely to be just like any other first-person shooter. You have thousands from which to choose.

Also, the next game in the series would be Half-Life 2: Episode Three. That's what was announced. They explicitly stated that the Episodes would be a trilogy, but Half-Life 3 never officially existed. Since they also explicitly stated that there will be no more Episodes, there's no reason to hope for any new Half-Life game. Valve never announced Half-Life 3 and it's clear that they don't care enough to make it.

And I don't blame them. Why make another sequel in a series whose main entries all end with the mysterious-for-the-sake-of-being-mysterious "G-Man" conveniently putting the main character in stasis before the credits roll? You guys want closure for the story, but if you've been paying attention to the series then the only kind of ending you should expect is the "G-Man" knocking on the fourth wall to announce that the game is over after some big enemy dies.
>>
>>384781119
Nothing, HL3 hype died down, people are already over the fact that this game might never be released
>>
>>384781119
i'd fit the rest of the series
>>
>>384781119
It's never happening. Get over it.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.