[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this worth $30 for someone who doesn't care about Digimon,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 10

File: 14848efffc.jpg (57KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
14848efffc.jpg
57KB, 450x450px
Is this worth $30 for someone who doesn't care about Digimon, but likes Megaten? I've seen a lot of people here likening it to SMT lite for kids.
>>
The battle system is way worse than a megten game imo. It also goes on sale a lot so you might be better off waiting if you're not a Digimon fan.
>>
Not really. The game is really easy. The only challenge is the optional bosses but even those aren't that bad. I love the game but if you have no attachment to Digimon and are used to SMT difficulty then you probably won't like it
>>
I was in the same boat as you OP and no. Its not worth the. $15 I spent on it.
>>
>>384778785
I thought it was really fun.
The sequel is coming soon too.
>>
File: Lucemon child.jpg (612KB, 707x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Lucemon child.jpg
612KB, 707x1000px
>>384778785
I've dumped 60h into this game and I'm not even finished with the content, pretty sure it's 15€ in PS+ EU store.

The combat is kind of repetitive and the dungeons not too good, I kept playing because I was a huge digimon fan as a kid and I'm enjoying getting my fav digis, but the story is standard, the combat is standard and raising digimons is fucking hard. I'd recommend watching a digimon anime or something and see if you can get into it, otherwise just get a better rpg.
>>
Normal is super easy

Hard is super grindy and game mechanics make a relative handful out of hundreds of digimon viable.

Beyond that it's pretty neat.
>>
>>384778785
I bought it fir three fiddy on sale and enjoyed it, even though my contact with Digimon was seeing few episodes on Foxkids.
>>
>>384778785
It's terrible.
Kind of like SMT, but a million times more bland.
>>
>>384778785
No. Normal mode has no challenge while hard mode is the kind of broken where at times you feel op then out of nowhere you're suddenly getting one shot. The story starts out alright for a digimon game with it being a bit of a .hack clone then teeters off into bullshit. digivolving was pretty nice. Not enough unique abilities for digimon with unique effects. Once you get ultimates no matter the difficulty the game will get piss easy and megas you can pretty much steemroll. Battles on normal usually boil down to spam strongest move and occasionally heal.
It's fun for the first 5 hours.
>>
Is Digimon World: Next Order any good?
>>
>>384779597
It's a great game, but it's more of a simulator/pet game than a JRPG. You'll have to use guides to get the digimon you want because there are a lot of conditions for digivolution. It's more like Digimon World 1 / Digimon World Re:Digitize than any of the other games.
>>
>>384778785
Do not buy this, OP.
>>
>>384779746
>It's a great game
You're actually autistic, aren't you?
>>
I got pretty bored by it honestly. The story wasn't very interesting and neither was the gameplay.
>>
>>384778785
CyberSluts is a lot like the Devil Survivor games if you played those.
It has the same kind of vibe going and a lot of darker undertones, if you liked DeSu1/2 I'd say you get your money's worth.
Just don't expect it to be similar to a mainline game or anything.
>>
>>384778785
I bought it despite not knowing shit about Digimon, enjoyed it a lot. You can definitely compare it to some of the more modern MT spinoffs.

Gameplaywise it's a bit basic, if you play on Hard Mode the beginning is completely retarded and bullshit hard, but it very quickly becomes trivial. Then the extra bosses at the very end will give you a bit of a challenge again. If you play on Normal the entire game is faceroll.
>>
>>384778785
I think it can be enjoyable for people who aren't fans of Digimon.

It's probably a good entry point to the franchise's premise and general vibe.

It's not like it's a game made for Digimon fans and only Digimon fans. It's still a solid RPG outside of the monsters, fucky translation notwithstanding.

>>384779597
Depends on how you feel about virtual pets.

Digimon World, its remake Re:Digitize and Next Order all take heavy inspiration from the design of virtual pets, which is how this franchise started.
It blends the care mechanics of a virtual pet with the stat-based progression, exploration and quest systems of RPGs. There's a cyclical, micro-progression of birth, growth, death, rebirth as you move through the macro-progression of the main story and various side quests.

Like the V-pets, you also aren't an active participant in battle, where their effectiveness relies on how you raised them. Though NO puts in new mechanics that allow you a degree of control beyond what the original World offered.
>>
>>384779597
Only just started it and I'm just confused about the whole thing. It's a bunch of weird leveling with also them having to do nonsensical things to digivolve into different digimons. I mean it's weirdly fun at times but I really feel like I'm just throwing shit at a wall and seeing what comes out.
>>
>>384780651
That's how it is to start out. NO makes a LOT of improvements on the original game in this regard.

You may have done it already, but through caring, you will unlock digivolution info which lets you know which evolutions are available, and the stat thresholds you have to reach to secure that evolution.

There will be NPCs you can bring into the town that assist in digivolution through various means.

Also, here's my advice.
If you aren't playing on easy, make the switch now.
The higher difficulties only change the stat gains from training. So it's literally just a waste of time and shouldn't be bothered with.
>>
>>384780975
Yeah playing on Easy because someone told me the same thing. I mean I'm playing blind so I am just trying out different things. Some things seem to work others don't. Hopefully things will start making more sense as I play more.
>>
File: arata cyber sleuth.jpg (277KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
arata cyber sleuth.jpg
277KB, 1920x1080px
>>384778785
turn based battle and exploration are somewhat generic, as opposed to being the bread and butter as it is on SMT. Online competition is broken.

However, the meat of the game is really creating digimon, evolving them and giving them the battle skills you need. The supporting cast (both enemies and allies) are also pretty good. The game looks and plays ery smoothly, and you can change stuff like the random encounter rate or the difficulty on the fly so you can play it the way you like it; too bad you can't skip cutscenes though.
>>
>>384778785
It's subjective op, although, personally I would recommend this game.

I had a lot of fun and kyoko is best grill tbqh.
>>
>>384781254
There's an element of experimentation at the beginning since you don't know anything yet. But naturally, through using the systems and unlocking new info/features, it all sort of becomes second nature.

It's also a long game so you have plenty of time to get comfortable.
>>
>>384778785
30?! Since when did the price double? Usually it's $15 during Amazon price matching of Best Buy and GameStop.

Is it worth it? If you enjoy being bored, it is. All Digimon games suck pretty bad. Great art, but awful gameplay.
>>
File: digimon world poster.jpg (267KB, 899x1158px) Image search: [Google]
digimon world poster.jpg
267KB, 899x1158px
>>384781254
While not as impenetrable to casual players as the PS games (DW, DW2, DW3), next order is still a game need to know what the hell you are doing before you can start to enjoy it.

I recommend the re:digitize guide to at least get the basics, knowing that some things were changed for next order:

https://www.gamefaqs.com/psp/637157-digimon-world-redigitize/faqs/74471
>>
Wait for hacker's Memory.
It'll have this game, all this games no longer gettable DLC and more.
>>
>>384778785
It was like 15 a few days ago you reet
>>
>>384781874
The 2-1 thing is Japan only, cause CS was originally a Vita exclusive there.

https://twitter.com/BandaiNamcoEU/status/844118034168057856
>>
File: vqoqe0j7kkntkchmqstx.gif (2MB, 636x353px) Image search: [Google]
vqoqe0j7kkntkchmqstx.gif
2MB, 636x353px
I still don't get why can't we have a really good Digimon RPG, we have it all:

>signature moves
>shitton of digis with good designs
>complex but rewarding digimon breeding
>interesting story possibilities like AIs, hacking, Yggdrassil, ayylmaos, etc
>even the girls are top tier

The only thing it needs is a better combat and level design.
>>
>>384782170
Hopefully being able to keep using the same game engine means digimon games will be be able to get the polishing and development they need.
>>
File: Digimon-2.jpg (73KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
Digimon-2.jpg
73KB, 960x540px
Nokia and Garurugreymon were the best parts of Cyber Sluts
>>
File: Nokia_Shiramine_b.jpg (84KB, 323x690px) Image search: [Google]
Nokia_Shiramine_b.jpg
84KB, 323x690px
>>384783825
She got me kinda mad.

>total spaz with no self awareness
>automatically befriends 2 of the digimons with the best potential
>spends like 1 day with them
>FRIENDSHIP POWER
>wargreymon and metalgarurumon
>another day passes
>'oh shit I'm going to lose this sh-'
>FRIENDSHIP POWER
>level 999 omnimon

I forgave her because her outfit pleased my dick.
>>
>>384778785
I played it without ever having given a shit about Digimon before and I loved it.
I still don't give a shit about Digimon actually, but that's a good game.
>>
>>384784281
>I forgave her because her outfit pleased my dick.
And really, that's all we can ask of her.
>>
File: 1488242104331.jpg (259KB, 800x1231px) Image search: [Google]
1488242104331.jpg
259KB, 800x1231px
>>384784281
>>
>>384784610
Aren't her garterbelts attached to her panties? How does this make sense?
>>
i did not like this game at all. it was complete garbage and felt very budget like
>>
File: 31205934_p0.jpg (557KB, 912x904px) Image search: [Google]
31205934_p0.jpg
557KB, 912x904px
>>384784281
Pretty much this for me, except the game pleased my dick in other ways.
>>
>>384784683
No, those straps would be connected to a garter belt, which is an article of clothing worn over panties.

Those straps might hold some pressure on the panties where they overlap but if Nokia moved around enough (which, let's be honest, she would), whatever grip they have would easily give way.
>>
>>384783825
>>384784281
Reminder that Nokia is canonically ugly.
>>
>>384786275
>hot girl dressed like a slut gets called ugly
Anime Tropes 101 my dude
>>
File: 1500594333860.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1500594333860.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>384778785
>>
>>384778785
Digimon gameplay is the real reason why it lost against pokémon, the anime and atmosphere can be good as you want, but it won't get you hooked or make you talk forever about it like pokémon
>>
Doesn't the Digimon game in the works feature some version of Cyber Sleuth?
>>
>>384788405
It's Cyber Sleuth gameplay, with returning CS characters, set in an AU or something. So it doesn't connect to anything that happened to CS, at least as of yet.
>>
>>384788579
Ah, I was actually thinking of Hacker's Memory and the bundle, but it seems >>384782103 answered my question already.
>>
>>384787902
I've talked more about Digimon games in my life than Pokémon games.

And I've played more Pokémon than Digimon.
Honestly, Pokémon is serviceable at best, and Game Freak has dropped the ball on a number of occasions throughout the series.

If nothing else, Digimon games are always fresh.
One thing I like is that Digimon doesn't have "generations," so the game teams aren't fussed over creating a bunch of new 'mons, and can just focus on making the game.
Granted, most of them aren't... great. But that's probably a direct result of Digimon's low popularity, meaning a low budget, which is a consequence of being matched up against a powerhouse like Pokémon.

I mean, how the fuck was a V-pet going to compete with that?

Anyway, I enjoyed my time playing Next Order more than probably all of my Pokémon years combined.
Especially since they went 3D.

There are some ideas Digimon absolutely got right over the years, and Pokémon should be taking notes.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.