[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>buying remasters >buying remakes >buying mini classic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

File: 1492254321981.jpg (157KB, 1047x1572px) Image search: [Google]
1492254321981.jpg
157KB, 1047x1572px
>buying remasters
>buying remakes
>buying mini classic versions of consoles with only 20 games
Why do people do this shit?
>>
>>384776136
>kissing white boys
But why?
>>
>>384776136
is that tyler? i want to fuck tyler.
>>
because technology back then sucked
>>
>>384776136
Because nostalgia pandering is a successful marketing strategy.
>>
>>384776136
he looks like an actual monkey
holy fuck
>>
>>384776136
Old capcom games are great. Would you rather buy upcoming garbage like Bannerlord or Super Bingbingwahoo 2018 or Nu-Spooky Walking Sim?
>>
>>384776737
well yeah, what else did you expect from an African?
>>
File: odin-sphere-leifthrasir-ps4.jpg (379KB, 760x949px) Image search: [Google]
odin-sphere-leifthrasir-ps4.jpg
379KB, 760x949px
>>384776136
>buying remasters
>buying remakes
I never owned the previous console and I can support the developer. Don't see how this is a problem whatsoever.

>buying mini classic versions of consoles with only 20 games
Now THAT I don't get. Especially when NES/SNES mini are horrible emulators that fuck up both the image and sound of those games
>>
>>384776136
>People with money can do what they want
In other news, water is wet.
>>
>>384776136
oo oo ahh ahh
>>
Classic minis have collector value and also make great gifts.

Remakes/remasters/VC are great for people who didn't own the originals, and want to support their hobby
>>
>>384776136
who dat boi?
>>
>>384776136
The same reason you've made the same thread as dozens of other people have already done previously: guaranteed attention.
>>
>Building a PC to play multiplats with marginally better framerates and resolutions
>Pirating games and harming the industry
Why do people do this shit?
>>
>>384779224
I pirate games/music and then end up buying what I actually enjoy when I can. I'm poor and sick so I don't want to waste my money and I don't think there's anything wrong with pirating as a safety measure when there are enough instances of game devs/publishers literally lying and ripping people off. But I do want to support the makers of the things I like.
>>
>>384779224
The PC industry already fell 15 years ago, no need to beat them down any further. Just let them suffer from their own actions. Things will only get worse and worse.

I mean, 80% of what PCfags want are Crowdfunded/EarlyAccess/F2P/Microtransaction games. Just imagine 5 years from now, that number will increase to 95%. Pretty much the only PC exclusive genre that isn't cancerous are Grandstrategy/RTS games but even those come with atrocious performance and bug issues or the developers fuck up in major ways half of the time.
>>
>>384780160
There's nothing wrong with crowdfunding/early access just because it's abused by some people, it can be a good thing. Also reminder that the horse armor DLC for Oblivion was put out with the 360 release of the game.
>>
>>384780606
Disgusting. I don't want to talk with you if you accept those practices. Your brain is obviously fried.

I feel pity for everyone who brags about PC gaming and PCMR meme nowadays. If only they were alive and not underage in the 90's and (very) early 2000's to see how good PC gaming truly was.
>>
Maybe because I don't feel like digging out and hooking up my old hardware? Or I missed out on it the first time around? Or the games have additional content that wasn't in the original?
>>
>>384781070
They're not inherently bad practices though, only when abused. Shovel Knight was crowdfunded and it was a good game. Early access can be good if people want to support the devs and play the game early while accepting it's an early version, and not being abused as an excuse for a game just simply being bad. Almost anything can be used for good or bad reasons.
>>
>>384776136
>>buying mini classic versions of consoles with only 20 games
i understand remasters and remakes, but this really is stupid
>>
>>384781368
>Shovel Knight was crowdfunded and it was a good game
It's not a good game because it was crowdfunded. It's a good game because it is a good game. Also not a PC game in ANY way, shape or form so I'm not sure why you brought it up.
However we all know GOOD crowdfunded games are the raaaare expection rather than the rule. Seems like you're pretending it's the other way around and that Shovel Knight's and FTL's are something that happen every other week. When in truth you get a good crowdfunded game with no drama every 3 years and everything else is either a scam, trash, or a completely unremarkable game.

>Early access can be good if people want to support the devs and play the game early while accepting it's an early version
No, fuck off. You have absolutely NO defence on this becaues 99% of devs abuse EarlyAccess rather than use it as they should for a very short period of time. If fucks like you who buy the latest FOTM survival game that'll sell 5+ million early access copies. THEN you wonder why REAL finished polished PC games aren't made anymore. Because you support EarlyAccess shit instead and devs see where the money is at.

> Almost anything can be used for good or bad reasons.
Sure, but you're being extremely disingenuous with that statement. It implies it can happen either way, that it is a 50/50 chance of being a good memorable game or a scam, when the real ratio you see is 1 to 20 (good game to scam or shit game) and the shit games are often supported much more.

Anyway I'm glad PC hasn't been my main platform for over a decade, because I couldn't win to faggots like you which multiply every year and come to accept the absolute bottom of the barrel way of developing/publishing games. All you're doing is ruining your favorite platform.
>>
>>384781926
I didn't say it was good because it was crowdfunded. And it doesn't matter that it's not a PC exclusive, we were talking about crowdfunding.

I haven't bought any early access games and see the problems with it, but that's because it's used as an excuse for bad games. If someone wants to support a game they like by being able to play it early and paying for it to help with server costs and other costs, reporting bugs, learning a bit about the game before official release, etc. what's wrong with that? I'm not saying you're wrong about the abuse and scams, but they do help out good devs too.

Have you ever looked through a complete title list for any of the consoles? They're filled with just as much trash and generic games, that's not specific to PC. Good games are a minority on any platform. I think you're cherry-picking because you don't play PC games as much anymore. The last game I bought was in 2014, so you shouldn't assume that I'm one of those "faggots" you have a problem with.
>>
>>384779224
Don't worry too much, Anon. Steam is becoming worse with each passing year. It's only a matter of time before they add a verification check.
>>
>>384776136
The market has changed, the majority of people who buy consoles just want to one machine with the ability to play everything. That's why I think remakes and remasters are successful.
>>
>>384784027
Basically. One of the biggest complaints about people whom own PC games on consoles is that they could have purchased the games for cheaper on PC, yet PC users are jealous because console owners have a physical copy of their favorite game.
>>
>>384784027
Just want to add that the people who don't like remakes, remasters or ports are the people who probably liked the 5th and 6th generations the best.

An era where each console was worth owning, every console had a huge library of both first-party and third-party exclusives, these people had no problem and probably enjoyed having multiple different machines.

In contrast to today, where outside of Nintendo the consoles are multi platform machines with maybe 1 or 2 exclusive games, but the consoles are designed to do everything so you don't even consider getting both a PS4 or Xbox One unless you have money to burn and really want to play Halo or Bloodborne.

These people are probably really disillusioned because the old industry they know and love has turned into something they don't like, they hate ports and remakes of PS2 games on PS4 because they still own their PS2. Unfortunately the reality is industry won't change for them as they are a small minority now. At least Nintendo still makes plenty of first-party games.
>>
>>384776737
well yeah, what else did you expect from an great ape?
>>
>>384776136
>posting a faggot that literally looks like an ape
>>
File: goblin.jpg (20KB, 300x270px) Image search: [Google]
goblin.jpg
20KB, 300x270px
>>384776737
>>384777373
>>384786216
He looks more like a Goblin
>>
I only want the mini thing for Starfox 2 and like half the library on that thing that I never got around to playing
>just emulate
just suck my dick
>>
I like video games thats why
I wanna play mgs2 and 3 on my ps3
It has a better controller than the ps2
Thats reason enough alone
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.