[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>doing really good in a game >computer literally starts

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

File: 1402858.jpg (703KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1402858.jpg
703KB, 1920x1080px
>doing really good in a game
>computer literally starts cheating to win

What's her name /v/?
>>
all of the KOF bosses
just take my quarters, it's basically gambling
>>
I played MW3 survival or whatever it was called at a friend's house and a bot turned around in a 180 instantly and shoot me through a wall without knowing I was even there (normal difficulty and it was some distance).
>>
>>384774386
Most of the time you actually just weren't doing as well as you thought.

>>384774583
For example, KoF boss syndrome is mostly a meme among people who don't actually play fighting games.
>>
>>384774386
Canary fucking Mary
>>
File: 37d.jpg (123KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
37d.jpg
123KB, 900x600px
>>384775107

>red shell red shell red shell blue shell lightning

Sure buddy. The computer launched a coordinated strike on me, and it's just that I wasn't doing as well as I thought.

>>384774583

I've been told all fighting games cheat by reading inputs. So this isn't surprising.
>>
>losing to the ai in mario kart
I really hope nobody here is that terrible at the game.
>>
>>384775594
If I remember right, For Honor had a system where the bot would actually run off rng as to if it acknowledged your input first and blocked it or let it through.
>>
i wish there was a no items mode. the rolls depending on your position is really bullshit.
>>
Any facing game with rubberband AI. Once you figure out of the game has it or not it's too easy to remain in 2nd until halfway through the last lap and then just take the lead and win before the rubberband kicks in.
>>
FFVIII
Risk of Rain
>>
>>384775107
>Most of the time you actually just weren't doing as well as you thought.
Sometimes yes, sometimes no. If the AI bombs you with double red shell and/or a blue over a pit, then there really isn't much you can do unless you are already lapping opponents. And given the rubberband AI at times, that's simply impossible. I've seen minimum speed AI babies keeping up with firehopping Bowser, so don't pretend like the game tries to be fair.

At that point, acceleration is really the only thing that can save your ass. (And it is amusing when you can eat a blue shell and still hold onto your lead.)

>KoF boss syndrome is mostly a meme among people who don't actually play fighting games
A lot of the big problems with KoF Boss Syndrome is that it requires you to play fundamentally differently to win. It isn't just a fight requiring his skills or accurate inputs to win. It is a fight which requires you to do some frequently bizarre actions just because it takes advantage of the AI in such a way to win. You wouldn't stand there in a fighting game and repeatedly set up a high-kick for a jumping in opponent, but if the boss repeatedly attempts such a thing, that would be a winning strategy (sometimes the only one) that is required to beat an otherwise cheating boss.

>>384776571
>i wish there was a no items mode
There is. It's boring as shit. If you are a max speed cart then it all depends on how well you've memorized the track and how well you can emulate those world record track runs. If not, then you basically have no chance unless everyone faster than you fucks up and drives off the track.

The only thing worse than MK8 no items is something like MK8 Bob-ombs only.
>>
>>384774583
Of all fighting game you chose kof instead of gill and sf2t american version
maybe kof 2k1 and xiii had cheep bosses but xiii isn't that cheap if you know what you are doing mr karate can fuck saiki and ash easily
>>
>>384775194
Go slow till halfway, she rubberbands fuckwit.
>>
>>384774386
Any racing game ever
Any fighting game ever
Any strategy game ever
>>
File: 224.jpg (46KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
224.jpg
46KB, 512x384px
>Horn Drill
>KO's my Pokemon
>Horn Drill
>KO's my Pokemon
>Horn Drill
>KO's my Pokemon
>30% accuracy

Take a guess which Pokemon game I'm playing
>>
>>384777443
Yokai Watch 2 Fleshy Souls and Bony Spirits
>>
>>384777443

>RNG faggots will defend this

Yeah, it's *possible*, but not likely that it will happen that many times in a row, unless something is going on behind the scenes.

Either that, or you and I have witnessed miraculously improbable bad *luck*
>>
Fucking KF2 can pull this shit off because zeds can quite literally spawn behind a pillar or corner, as those are areas considered to be out of the player's sight. If you have to relocate you can end up being ambushed because of an unlucky spawn.
>>
File: Sissel.jpg (26KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
Sissel.jpg
26KB, 1200x630px
>>384777443
>Need to farm Battle Maison points for evolution items.
>Apparently the Maison only has a roster of 20 Pokemon, all of which can one shot my team.
>>
>>384777896
>attacking the last enemy with even 1% chance of dying
>not always taking worst case scenarios into account
I guess thats on par with an awekening shitter
>>
File: dk.jpg (153KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
dk.jpg
153KB, 1200x675px
>>384774386
I don't get it.
>>
>>384774386
>offline Mario Kart
What the fuck?
>>
>>384778550
>Paying Nintendo for the privilege of connecting to the internet
>>
>>384775594
You weren't, i've had this exact scenario happen to me online multiple times

The human mind has a tendency to believe the computer is cheating when there's no other humans involved because we are relatively self absorbed
But in reality computers functions after a certain logic in MK8, they always throw their items at a certain time-frame and sometimes you get especially unlucky with this depending on what items the computer gets
>>
>>384778681
But it's free atm.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.