[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A friend of mine recommended me pic related a lot, is it actually

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 7

File: header.jpg (54KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
54KB, 460x215px
A friend of mine recommended me pic related a lot, is it actually good? Is it the best in is genre (Diablolike f2p?)?
I don't feel like investing time in this game if there's something better.
>>
It's trash, but there's barely anything better out there
>>
File: 1499564924219.jpg (102KB, 419x500px) Image search: [Google]
1499564924219.jpg
102KB, 419x500px
>>384769479
One of few looting simulators that I don't completely hate
>>
What else is there? Try it out when the new expansion hits next month.

You don't sound like you even played D2 though
>>
>>384769479
Do you like loot grind? Because it's ALL loot grind. You might see a "skill tree"; don't be misled, it's all micro-incremental bullshit like "-0.000%1 cooldown for ice spells." Everything cool comes from gear/gems, which are 99% RNG drops.
>>
it's the beast at what it does and that is being an old school arpg with a fair amount of complexety for builds and item system.

if you just want to klick shit to death in a item threadmill play diablo 3.
>>
>>384769479

for one playthrough yes, but ultimately its just a grindy farm simulator game with repetative and onesided content.

difficulty? haha, u oneshot all mobs with the rare occasion where u get oneshot barely being able to tell what it was
>>
PoE is the best online game that is free to play. If you want to get into trading the stash tab increase is pretty much required but otherwise the game give you everything you need to be successful from the start ignoring that. Only real downside is that melee skills sucks dicks. Even melee characters often turn into magical classes by the end of the day with stuff like righteous fire. Beside that the game is ok beside the minor things here and there.
>>
>>384769479
the game has some major flaws that you only notice if you play a lot
>>
>>384769604
The friend i was talking about was mi D2 partner actually, we obsessively played fo years
>>
Will there be some notable changes with the update? I mean side from obvious.
>>
>>384770001
There is a D2 mod that update it for Path of Exile fans.
https://pathofdiablo.com/
Pretty much all about those leagues. Never play it for myself though so I'm not sure how good it is.
>>
>>384770054
Ton of minor things. They rework pierce so you hopefully won't hit a reflect mob off screen and kill yourself because of it. Beside the 6 new acts, the new systems and all of that jazz I'm not sure what kind of answer you were expecting. The minor stuff they are doing are just stuff they are doing on the side more or less.
>>
>>384770101
I will make him go first, since he already knows both
>>
>>384770101
>https://pathofdiablo.com/
>more players than battleborn
wew lad
>>
>>384770213
Have they made any new announcements about what they're doing with minions?
>>
>>384770213
If I knew what to expect I wouldn't ask. Been out of the loop and I don't know if things I know are still valid.
>>
File: arthas with a flesh golem.jpg (453KB, 667x482px) Image search: [Google]
arthas with a flesh golem.jpg
453KB, 667x482px
>>384769479
The best ARPG on the market is Grim Dawn.
>>
>>384769479
It's diablo with a convoluted skill tree that looks like the bastard child of FFX and bejewelled.
>>
Prob one of of the most bang for you buck games out there considering its free and i have played it for 1500 hours.

3.0.0 in 13 days

hell yeah
>>
>>384770707
More like FFX and FFVII gem slots. The weird thing is that it seems to work in this game.
>>
>>384770553
Well you gotta read the updates if you haven't been keeping up. There is no other way, even if an anon were to "spoon feed" you the info it would just be a shitter abridged version of the same info.
>>
>>384769479
There is nothing better in the genre. Then again it's not a very good genre to begin with.

The problem with PoE is that "fun" way to play it is very nonintuitive, you basically have to copy a perfect build from someone else but then play suboptimally for atlas completion once you get to maps. If you don't copy a build you won't even get to endgame, if you endgame optimally it's requires you going full autismo spamming the same level over and over for best monetary gains.

Basically the game has a learinning curve for fun if that makes sense. If someone else is introducing you to it it's fine.
>>
File: angry.png (7KB, 309x266px) Image search: [Google]
angry.png
7KB, 309x266px
>>384770781
I can't wait to come back and be disappointed with the state of life and melee in another new ladder.
>>
>>384770894
I just wanted to know if they replaced mana with coffee or added segways. Or something NOTABLE
>>
>>384770956
>sunder as one of the most powerful skills ingame
>dual wield slayer DOMINATES the ladder every single race

I mean, life is getting a huge buff in case you have no fucking clue
>>
It's by far the best in terms of game design and difficulty/reward progression.

It's best in terms of story, but that isn't really saying much. These games generally have either outright shit stories (Diablo 3), or really unengaging ones (Grim Dawn).

The sad part is that when it comes to the raw gameplay, that is the experience of killing shit, the eldritch monstrosity of game design Diablo 3 is far ahead of the competition.

So if you want a dumbed down, shallow as a puddle, atrociously designed yet fun playing game, get Diablo 3. If you want a game that doesn't insult you, has mechanical depth and reason to theorycraft, get PoE.
>>
>>384770929
>you basically have to copy a perfect build from someone

shitter detected

How hard can it be to make a character viable for t11-12 and uberlab ?
You don't need to farm shaper
>>
>>384770929
>you basically have to copy a perfect build from someone else
>bad advice
Pick two. You're literally telling people to forego 90% of the sense of progression and achievement that comes from the game.
>>
>>384770615
is that diablo iii
>>
>>384771127
>diablo 3
>good gameplay

Greater rifts are NOT fun, diablo 3 is NOT fun

The best aRPG gameplay wise is Dungeon Siege 2, with Sacred 1 being a close competitor
>>
>>384771230
pretty hard if you've never played the game before. You'd have to spent quite a few hours in trash characters before being able to make your own, don't try to kid yourself anon.
>>
>>384771230
Pretty much impossible if you're new to the game. Creating a build requires knowledge of
>endgame items
>types of mods that are available
>all active and support skills
>types of mods you can get in maps
>level of dps/survivability you need for bosses
>>
>>384771560
These things are why I called it an eldritch monstrosity of game design. Wherever it was possible to make a wrong design decision, Blizzard did it.

The game still has the best feeling of blowing shit up, though, and I'm saying this as someone who absolutely hates the game to its core.
>>
>>384771572
>>384771589
>muh instant gratification

That's literally the point of the game, you YOU DOUBLE NIGGERS
You're not supposed to get to Atziri with your first character let alone your second

But turbo autists like you always have to look shit up on the internet so they can subconsciously take away the joy of video games since they literally have themselves

tl;dr

go
fuck
yourselves you sickening morons
>>
>>384771734
This guy is very angry, but i honestly think the concepts he expresses are truth
>>
>>384771285
>progression
That's not how PoE works. If the build isn't working, you just hit an impenetrable wall sooner or later. No porgression, no adjustment, just full reset with a different character.

If you're playing for the first time, there is a 99% chance that your build isn't working but you'll only learn it halfway through the game.
>>
It is good if you have tons of time and like theorycrafting
If you're a casual player who just want to kill things there is diablo 3 for you
>>
>>384771734
(You)
>>
>>384771959
Who said progression needs to happen within one character?

Yeah, I played the game for the first time several years ago, hit a wall at level 55, and guess what I did. Made a character that leveled to level 70, all by myself.
>>
>>384769729
This is bullshit.

>>384771079
>dual wield slayer DOMINATES the ladder every single race
Only since AoE got nerfed.
>>
>>384769479

This game is a blast at first, then once you realize that viable builds for higher difficulties depend on a precise piece of armor or some unique weapon that you, sadly, never managed to loot by yourself, the game becomes a chore because you won't be able to progress unless you start grinding like a motherfucker and/or "trade" (get ripped off) by other players.

Don't even bother with that game if you're a fan of hardcore mode, lag and desyncs WILL fucking kill your characters.
>>
>>384771734
>turbo autists like you
I'm not the one incapable of processing the fact that a new player may be different than mine, or that someone might not have the knowledge I accumulated over the years of playing bruh. Also not the one telling someone to jump into the game that requires you to complete the same content over and over again if a build doesn't work out.

(Enjoyment of repetitive actions and inability to understand the difference in people's perspectives are both classic symptoms btw)
>>
>>384769479
3.0 hits early next month, don't start playing before it.

PoE is a game where you're going to spend a fair bit of time if you want to get going. If you're looking for something story based and only want to make one character and play the game through once then PoE is not the game for you.
>>
>>384771734
you'd have a point if rerolling characters wasn't the most mindnumbingly boring shit in the game
>finish beating the game three times
>find out your build is shit
>time to beat the game another three times
hopefully the expansion changes the monotony of leveling well.
>>
>>384772262
There's a line between telling a player to "copy a perfect build", which is a surefire way to delete any sense of satisfaction a person could get from actually figuring something out or coming up with a build, and offering some pointers.

The game is not so fiendishly difficult or obtuse that a couple of pointers can't set someone on the right direction. Tell people "if you want x, do y". Give them general ideas on how to set up their passive tree. Offer skills or synergies that they might miss.
>>
>>384772262
yes yes I'm literally autistic good job deducing that you fucking tool

Why are you bringing up your "years of playing"?
In case you missed it, my comment was about people going into PoE for the first time and looking up guides instead of figuring shit out themselves

>>384772307
Also if you find rerolling boring with your second and third character then you are the autist
WE ARE NOT TALKING ABOUT EXPERIENCED PLAYERS HERE FOLKS GET THAT IN YOUR TINY HEAD
>>
>>384772547
>Also if you find rerolling boring with your second and third character then you are the autist
>you are autistic if you dont enjoy playing the same game nine times in a row
keep in mind it probably takes a new player 10+ hours to get from normal A1 to Merc A4
>>
>>384772719
>10+ hours

You're being quite generous, I'd say 30 hours at least

FINE we rephrase that to people who don't enjoy rerolling for their second and third character to simply not liking PoE enough
>>
>>384769479
It´s really good, i would wait for the FoO expansion, as the 3 difficulties can get really boring if you play on HC and die early.
>>
>>384769479
By far and wide one of the best video games around right now, globally speaking.
>>
You can invest tons of time in it and try for Shaper, Uber Atziri etc., or just go for a flashy build that you think is fun.

PoE is a good game because it rewards casuals and tryhards alike.
>>
>>384772258

different guy here, its not bullshit. you are bullshit. only braindead people can bear to play this repetative grindfest over and over.
>>
>>384769479
It's shit and ran by devs who don't play the game or even do basic napkin math, but the bar is low enough that it's the best in the genre.
>>
>>384769479
It's easily the best in the genre, yes.
If you are serious about this type of game, play hardcore seasons in PoE and never look back.

Nothing else comes close.
>>
>>384771370
Its the necromancer class from the upcoming Grim Dawn expansion
>>
>>384769479
I liked it. It has good aesthetic, very dark and gloomy atmosphere, interesting skill tree, sounds are very quality and the storytelling / lore is really nice (basically throughout the game you find old writing and journals left behind, and when read you hear the story told from from the eyes and voice of the writer).

Would recommend.
>>
>>384769479
ask again in a few weeks, it's getting a pretty big overhaul soon
>>
>>384771589
>>384771230
>>384770929

What makes it so that you can't just respec whatever your current character has and that you'd need to make a new char? I'm only on act 2 right now but they gave me some respec points in act 1 that I assumed I'd want to save til endgame cause my story shit would be awful for endgame
>>
>>384773791
Well you technically can, but it isn't enough for a full respec unless you want to spend all of your currency on reset points.
Most people just make a new character and fund it with their old one.
>>
Ignore anyone saying it's grinding / loot simulation.

I finished the game on all difficulties except the last (got to last act but got bored eventually) and I grinned for maybe... 2 hours total. It's really up to you and how you play games, but it's very much possible to complete without grinding.

Also people complain about not enough inventory slots etc - I just say fuck it and sell everything I don't need to vendors at shit price. Finding a good deal simply don't worth the time imo.
>>
>>384773871
ohh I thought 1 respec point was a full respec, if it's not then having to remake a char makes sense
>>
>>384773886
>I finished the game on all difficulties except the last (got to last act but got bored eventually)
So you're saying you didn't do maps?
It's a grind, but the people who play these games usually find the grind fun.
>>
why not play something like Ragnarok Online instead?
that actually comes with real content and you dont just run the same shit 24/7.
>>
>>384773886
>I finished the game
>except the last

just stop
you don't know anything
>>
>>384773672
so their ripping of diablo iii
>>
File: Divination_card_frame004.png (456KB, 440x668px) Image search: [Google]
Divination_card_frame004.png
456KB, 440x668px
I unironically think it's one of the best games ever made. Plus the Devs are insanely active within the community.

The only kinda downside to picking PoE up is the learning curve is harsh and you never really stop learning new things. I have like 2k hours and still figure new shit out almost everytime I play
>>
>>384773989
Yes because killing the last boss when he have +10% damage and resist is so important. I could literally go and do it now in an hour if I wanted to. And if you meant the atlas maps I played them but didn't like it very much.

>>384773949
I did couple of maps, didn't like it very much. But the game has enough to offer without it.
>>
File: GD New Masteries.jpg (198KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
GD New Masteries.jpg
198KB, 1280x720px
>>384769479
>best
Is this the Grim Dawn thread?
>>
If you don't like PoE then you probably don't like the genre as a whole. That is fine, but don't expect anything other than trading, planning and executing builds, and GRINDAN.

Oh, I guess you can decorate a base, too.
>>
If you don't like PoE then you probably don't like the genre as a whole. That is fine, but don't expect anything other than trading, planning and executing builds, and GRINDAN.

Oh, I guess you can decorate a base, too. I played my 11th season of D3 yesterday and am already bored. In PoE I usually hang in there a month or two before I'm ready to play other stuff.
>>
File: Haku.jpg (203KB, 976x750px) Image search: [Google]
Haku.jpg
203KB, 976x750px
>>384774318
>>384774372
don't know how that happened, but sure.
Thread posts: 72
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.