[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm on a Final Fantasy kick right now. Is FFXV any good?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

I'm on a Final Fantasy kick right now. Is FFXV any good? I love the SNES ones and XII! Also how is this mopey qt? Is he a good main character or is he Lightning tier?
>>
>>384769385
Had real potential unfortunately nomura can't direct for shit and it got stuck in development hell and suffered immensely for it.
>>
>>384769385
Worse than Lighting honestly. The game sucked. FF is dead.
>>
Noctis is fine as a character. A little bland but inoffensive. The game itself is a genuine stinker though. And I am not the kind of typical jaded /v/irgin who shits on everything new for the sake of it.

The combat is next-level terrible. Clusterfuck visual effects, animations stealing control, camera that gets stuck behind shrubs, hold button to dodge, impossible to lose, insta-win magic etc. I could go on. Also, offensively bad side quests and ui.

Conan put it best when he called it an "aggressive waste of time".
>>
no

>is he a good main character

he's not bad, though that's because most FF leads suck.
>>
>>384769385

its rather short for a main-FF.

took me 30 hours and I did a lot of sidequests.
>>
>>384769976
I feel exactly how you feel about the game. I never went into this game as a jaded fuck, but I sure as hell came out more jaded about the series and SE. It's crazy to think just a year ago, I would defend XV in threads from, what I thought were shitposters, but I guess they were just trying to warn me the whole time.
>>
>>384769385
The criticisms I most agree with are that the plot and world building are bad, or done wrong at least. Going into a FF you expect cutscenes with detail about the world and its cities and landscapes and this game offers none, the few cutscenes you get are just confusing. The second one is that you're pretty much invincible, but I don't think a game needs to be challenging.

Real time FF combat is fun though, and you can switch to a sort of turn based style if you want.
>>
>>384769385
As someone who literally beat it for the first time last month, I must say that it's quite meh. Or more like full of missed opportunities + that 10 years of development, together with many times changed plans causing a mixed bag of ideas.

The story and cast are quite great, but there's sooo little of it IN the game itself. Which is partly why Square's now shelling out character DLC packs and those films.

If you ask me, the FF Type-0 HD is the "real" FF15, and vastly superior game. Put a good 300 hours to that babe earlier this year as well, truly an amazing, very underrated game.
>>
>>384769385
I would say he isn't lightning tier since he values his group a lot more than lightning does and his group does ragg on him when he gets mopey.
>>
>>384769385
>Liking XII

No, yeah, XV will be right up your alley.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.