[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>The Ataribox, a new console by Atari, has been circulating

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: atari.png (355KB, 744x842px) Image search: [Google]
atari.png
355KB, 744x842px
>The Ataribox, a new console by Atari, has been circulating the net for a while. We finally have confirmation as to what it looks like, and the fact that it will be a modern console, competing with PS4 and Xbox One! It will also support old Atari games, probably through emulation, but that is not Atari's main focus. There are two designs to choose from, the "wood" model and a "red/black" model.

I almost feel bad for Atari, because this will be the final nail in their coffin. Then again, old Atari is dead anyway and modern Atari is a bunch of dicks without any clue what they're doing.
>>
File: 1497827838598.gif (2MB, 1000x714px) Image search: [Google]
1497827838598.gif
2MB, 1000x714px
You're probably right.
Regardless I want to know what companies they will be working with. Also specs when?
>>
>>384767869
>final nail in their coffin
I doubt that.
ATARI is just an empty label bought and sold to cash on the trace amounts of nostalgia left over from the golden era.
No one expects anything big from ATARI, most people realize it's just a form of advertising.
>>
It looks nice
>>
>competing with the ps4 and xbox one
that's not stated anywhere. It just says it has "modern and classic games". It's literally an emulation box/ouya type monstrosity. the SD card more than confirms android as the OS of choice, meaning it's probably literally going to be an ouya. I have 0 hope, but I never did anyway.

the chances of this piece of trash making it out of the crowdfunding stage is less than none.
>>
>>384767869
this shit looks like a small air purifier
>>
>>384769684
It looks like a smooshed knife rack.
>>
This shit will fail hard and be worth a fortune in 10+ years... People love failed and rare tech
>>
>>384767869
The design is brilliant but what the fuck are they thinking. Why does anyone bother trying to edge in on sony and microsoft, even those two are moving closer to PC.
>>
>>384771031
> t. clever atari shill
>>
>>384767869
>this will be the final nail in their coffin.
No, this is their desired coffin design.
>>
E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial HD remaster when?
>>
I have a feeling it's going to be a NES classic type of console, and will include every single Atari game ever made. But the caveat will be they're not technically included, instead it'll be an online catalogue of Atari games you can purchase, along with third party mobile game apps.
>>
How hard is it to make games for different consoles? They just reskin the button prompts and controls, right?
>>
>>384767869
I'm pretty certain that the Atari name is a vampiric curse by now, only popping out of it's coffin every 3-5 years to claim the benefits for tax purposes
>>
>>384767869
All they need to do is funnel a lot of money to studios to make modern games for it and give away old Atari games on the console for free with a selling price of 299 and it'll btfo Xbox One and get people interested.
>>
>https://gbatemp.net/threads/ataribox-design-revealed.477721/

OP is a troll you retards
nothing is confirmed you massive retards
>>
File: 1499387257962m.jpg (194KB, 744x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1499387257962m.jpg
194KB, 744x1024px
Atari is just the name for Infogrames these days
>>
File: 1437470918807.jpg (4KB, 250x248px) Image search: [Google]
1437470918807.jpg
4KB, 250x248px
What do you think are going to be Ataribox exclusives? Or whats going to be the game that defines the Ataribox?
Can't think of any IPs atari has that would define the console.
>SKYRIM ON ATARIBOX
>>
it'll literally be some shit tier android box equivalent but unlike even the ouya it wont run android games

>>384769274
this, they've died and their empty shell of a brand has been inflated multiple times now
>>
>>384767869
>This kills the Nintendo

Good
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.