[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 415
Thread images: 92

File: Screenshot 2017-07-22 09.49.07.png (544KB, 771x599px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot 2017-07-22 09.49.07.png
544KB, 771x599px
is crash bandicoot coverage the Pursuer of video game """"""""journalism"""""""""?
>>
File: 1495833508345.png (639KB, 735x984px) Image search: [Google]
1495833508345.png
639KB, 735x984px
>>384766070

I don't care, as long as Crash Bandicoot gets the coverage he deserves.
>>
>sony fans spend the past decade mocking "kiddie platformers" as easy and immature
>now that they're finally able to play one again, they're unironically comparing it to dark souls
>>
>make stupid comparison on review
>people call you out on it
>double down

why do these idiots still have a job
>>
File: 1429748358417.jpg (57KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1429748358417.jpg
57KB, 600x600px
>>384766070
I don't care, as long as Dark Souls gets the coverage he deserves.
>>
>>384766070
Why are people who have never played a video game in their life, let alone a remake of a game, allowed to review video games and compare them to another game they've never played in their life.
>>
>>384766070
>"new"
>trying to be as hard as dark souls
>now

Even the simplest of research can tell you
>Naughty Dog designed the base level but cut it last minute
>Back in 1996
>Only the bonus round was designed by VV

These articles just make me laugh at the thought of a Crash Bandicoot RPG
>>
File: Games Journalists.jpg (43KB, 540x370px) Image search: [Google]
Games Journalists.jpg
43KB, 540x370px
>>
>>384766665

Crash Bandicoot is at a strange place in the "kiddie" spectrum.

Crash is obviously not your gritty adult gibfest, but Crash doesn't fall into the cesspit of unappealing childishness like newer Mario titles, Yooka-Leftie or that new fox game either. Crash has found the balance, and might just be the only one there right now.

Not defending Sony ponies, but there's quite a gap between Crash and Mario in terms of "kiddie" presentation.
>>
File: 1432791392603.jpg (56KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1432791392603.jpg
56KB, 720x720px
>new level

FUCKING FUCK AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH
>>
Why are they comparing how a platformer is difficult to how a ARPG or Rogue-like is difficult?
>>
>>384766723
Because they have degrees and games journalism is the easiest journalism to get into
>>
File: Cresh.jpg (223KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
Cresh.jpg
223KB, 720x720px
>>384766734

> he
>>
>>384766070
Video game journalism is a fucking embarrassment.
>>
>>384766903
sounds like you just fell for the marketing, as the actual games (especially the cutscenes) are pretty childish, anon.
>>
It's a platformer. How is it anything like Dark Souls, which is an ARPG with metroidvania-like levels?
>>
>>384767045
You're fucking retarded, aren't you?
>>
>This old game is hard
then
>Hey, this Dark Souls game is sort of hard like old games used to be!
now
>This old game is hard like Dark Souls!
>>
File: Eeey.gif (3MB, 294x384px) Image search: [Google]
Eeey.gif
3MB, 294x384px
>>384767045

Not relative to the games I mentioned.
>>
>>384766856
>binding of Isaac
>crash bandicoot
>hard in any capacity
now i know how /k/ feels when a journalist calls a shotgun a high powered assault rifle
>>
>>384767091
>>384767116
did we play the same games?
Do you just ignore how saturday cartoon-like the cutscenes are in crash?
>>
>>384767195

Are you going to ignore the games we are talking about? Have you played a recent Mario title?
>>
>>384767108
this
>>
>>384767240
There's more to platformers than Mario, anon; also, SM64 and the galaxy games are fairly low-end when it comes to kiddy shit.
>>
>>384767108

Video game """"journalists"""" have a handful of games they have actually played for 20 minutes that they can compare other games to. Some of those games are Dark Souls and Skyrim.
>>
>>384766903

This is one of the most contrived comparisons I've ever seen on this board. If you're not a Sony nigger you might as well be an honorary one.
>>
>>384766070
Can we finally admit that Dark Souls is the Crash Bandicoot of action rpg?
>>
File: 1499921687031.jpg (79KB, 761x779px) Image search: [Google]
1499921687031.jpg
79KB, 761x779px
>>384767448

YES
>>
>>384767240
How does another series being obviously made for children refute this series being obviously made for children? You're just putting your fingers in your ears and shouting "Nuh-uh they're more kiddy so it doesn't count," when it's obvious it's made specifically to appeal to children. What you should realize is that this doesn't make either series inherently bad games, although I'm sure you'll pull something out of your ass to paint Crash as some high adult experience that's okay to enjoy because it isn't those other ones you don't like.
>>
Th- That's not a real article is it?
Took me about 15 minutes to beat it.
Gave up on Demon's Souls, Dark Souls 2 and Bloodborne because they were way too fucking hard. I have no problem with Crash.
WTF is this Dark souls of platforming meme?
Crash isn't that hard. Only the fucking relics are hard.
>>
>>384767240
>>384766903
>My kiddie shit is less kiddie than your kiddie shit

I can't comprehend
>>
Reminds me of New Super Mario Bros. Wii and how "journalists" were saying it was legitimately challenging and "Contra hard"
>>
>>384767501
>Only the fucking relics are hard.
Aren't they talking about that when they say that it's hard?
>>
>>384767108
well put
>>
>>384767524
>I can't comprehend

I'm sorry you're retarded.
>>
>>384766070
Is Crash Bandicoot the Dark Souls of video games?
>>
>>384767497
>>384767524

You seem to have missed the point completely. There's a certain point where the level of kiddiness starts to chip away the appeal to an older audience that the games might have.
>>
>>384767524
Well, it does feel a little less childish, like Mario games can feel a little less childish than Teletubbies.
>>
Is 4chins kill or is it my internet?
>>
What pisses me off the most is
>NEW LEVEL TRYING TO BE DARK SOULS
>NEW LEVEL
>TRYING TO BE DARK SOULS
>>
>>384767701

What if Zelda was a girl?
>>
>>384767765
It would be extremely hot.
>>
When do we get it for PC already?
>>
>>384767702

And YOU get to decide what that "certain point" is for literally everyone?

why do people on /v/ always state their opinions as facts and then absolutely refuse to defend their stance at all?
>>
>>384767601
No, they're talking about beating normal levels like the High Road. Not even getting the gems, just beating them. It's pathetic.
>>
>>384767842

Where that certain point is, is subjective, but the level of kiddiness more or less isn't.
>>
>>384766070
But will the next Dark Souls game be more like Crash Bandicoot now?
>>
>>384767908

Hopefully. The original Dark Souls had some light platforming segments that were infuriating because the gameplay just wasn't cut out for precise platforming
>>
These darksouls comparison headlines are calculated directly to acquire attention from you. It isn't meant to be smart or even correct. Good job felling for it.
>>
>>384767842
More like why you people get so triggered by opinions that you must try to desperately nitpick every single word and concept that got posted because you don't know how to refuse what has been said.
But you are probably a butthurt mariodrone in any case.
>>
>>384766837
>Only the bonus round was designed by VV
It's a really good bonus round too. I like it a lot and it gives me hope for future titles
>>
>>384767796
For you
>>
>>384768170

I think they can manage that just fine, I just hope they won't go full linear like the old titles. It would once again ruin my dreams of getting to explore Crash's world a little more.
>>
>hard as Dark Souls

This is the real cancer here. Gaming Bloggers have been conditioned to believe that Souls games are the pinnacle of difficulty

Every game has a biscuit. The biscuit is the point where difficulty becomes enjoyable. If there's no biscuit, there's no reason to play the game. If the road to the biscuit is poorly made, then the biscuit isn't worth it. If the road to the biscuit is enjoyable but easy, then the biscuit feels like a cop out. If the path to the biscuit is challenging enough to produce an enjoyable experience, then the path is its own biscuit

From created a formula for the Souls games where progression was difficult, but only because of how much you suck at the game. It's intentionally unforgiving, because that's how it teaches you. Once you learn, the game responds and you succeed. You feel good because you beat the level, instead of getting some magical boon from the game to beat the level. That's the Souls Biscuit, and since there were tons of popular, relatively easy games out when Souls got big, Journos equated it with "difficulty" because they were so used to revolving progression systems you see in all major FPSes today, which is the easiest and least rewarding kind of "success" anyone could accomplish

But this isn't the only kind of enjoyable difficulty. It's true that the "get good" factor is present in anything difficult, but Souls games are just one kind of difficulty. There are other games that require time and resources be used efficiently in order to be successful. There are games that require pure technical skill. There are games that force you to pay attention to random things NPCs and other "useless" characters say if you want to get ahead. Would anyone say that Deus Ex 1 is "hard like Dark Souls?" I wouldn't, but plenty of people give up on Liberty Island. And Crash isn't "hard like Dark Souls" either. It's a game based on timing, reflex, and mastery of the physics. But they won't ever learn that

Plus it's clickbait
>>
>>384768024

Not him but we cant just say discussing posts is "being butthurt", even more when what was stated is presented as an obvious fact when it's an absolutely subjective matter.

Saying mario is disturbingly toddler appealing while crash bandicoot aka poochie the bandicoot is objectively more akin to adult tastes is a shameless display of unself-awareness.
>>
>>384768761
Linear Crash is best Crash.
>>
File: ThisThread.gif (960KB, 338x350px) Image search: [Google]
ThisThread.gif
960KB, 338x350px
>>384766070
>>384766734
>>384767490
This meme needs to disappear. For years they we got titles that were basically holding the players hands and the moment they bring back a classic everyone complains about the difficulty as if its Dark Souls tier levelDesign/difficulty.
>>
>>384769165
Agree.
That poster was probably born in 2000 and thinks Twinsanity is a good game
>>
>>384769180
>and the moment they bring back a classic everyone complains about the difficulty as if its Dark Souls tier levelDesign/difficulty.
Dark Souls isn't even that fucking hard. It's tough adjusting to it at first if you're used to easy shit and wrecking everything musou style, but by end game of your first one you'll be able to get through any of the games with not much trouble.
>>
File: 1450764210883.png (33KB, 621x574px) Image search: [Google]
1450764210883.png
33KB, 621x574px
>barbosa
>>
>>384769180
Sorry for the poorly put together format guys but you get my point, there shouldn't be a reason for complaining about the difficulty, most of the people lurking and complaining have just become ultimate casuals who are use to being guided everywhere.
>>384768868
>but only because of how much you suck at the game
Any first playthrough is hard, you cant just say that. Lets use Dark Souls 1 as example, once you beat the game, you're not going to get smashed by a BlackKnight the second time around because you already know everything and how to defeat one easily.
>>384769376
>tough adjusting to it
Thats the difficulty buddy and you're too far off from what I am saying and now you actually have me hooked, what do you consider hard?
>>
>>384767009
>Western video game journalism is a fucking embarrassment.
FTFY
>>
>>384769371

Both statements are wrong. I was born in 1990, and was always frustrated by how the original game's levels teased you with how you can't go anywhere but the set path, when it's one of the most potentially interesting game worlds.
>>
>>384769542
What's Eastern journalism like?
>>
>>384766903
>falling for marketing
you're still a kiddie yourself, anon.
>>
>>384768950
>Not him
>But I'll whine about this silly subjective/objective "matter" exactly like he did.
Ok.
I think that Mario objectively feels a little less Kirby, Kirby feels objectively less childish than Teletubbies, and Crash objectively feels a little less childish than Mario. Each of them potentially appealing to a broader or less broader audience, like that guy was explaining, yes, clearly and objectively. The fact that you disagree with us doesn't change that both I and that guy think that it's something obvious, we perceive it as something evident, you don't, ok.
All you and the other guy posted did is getting triggered, spamming this overused "If I don't think it's objective It can't be objective" logic fallacy, and twisting what the anon who started this discussion said, because you are clearly butthurt about your precious mascot, this place is a den of fanboys just like it's a den of contrarians.
>>
>>384769601
He has no idea but it's based nippon so it must be good
>>
I still can't finish this stage on time trial. I'm making good time for gold, I just can't finish the damn stage. At least I'm choking at the last section with withdrawing platforms so the end's in sight but fuck, I want to be done with this shit.
>>
>>384769536
>you're too far off from what I am saying
>>you're are not too far off from what I am saying*
Sorry man I mistyped, Im really tired but this thread hooked me.
>>
>>384768950
>>384769671
both of you faggots take vidya way too seriously and are probably insufferable to have to deal with IRL
go eat a bag of dicks
>>
>>384766903
Is this shit for real?
>>
>>384768868
You forgot one other important thing. Dark Souls was memed into its status. The difficulty became a huge meme. Normans love epic memes. So that is why the series took off the way it did. This is also why you will see the normans compare it to any hard game.
>>
>>384766070
Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if they're just trying to fuck with people now.
>>
>>384769536
>Thats the difficulty buddy and you're too far off from what I am saying and now you actually have me hooked, what do you consider hard?
But even considering that, Dark Souls isn't really near the hardest games out there. I don't always play ultra hard games, but out of all the ones I've played I'd say a fresh normal mode run on the original NTSC release of DMC3 is probably the hardest a game has ever kicked my ass. I'm not exactly sure how to measure it, but most areas of Dark Souls took me maybe around 3 deaths to get through with a few exceptions like the archers in Anor Londo, Capra Demon before I figured out the trick, and Ornstein/Smough. In contrast I think I must have died around 100-200 times going through DMC3 the first time.
>>
Just got all golds in Crash 2.
Only trophy left is the 99 lives one which I've been working on just by playing through the levels like normal.
I'm about a half an hour away from platting all 3 games.
No way I'm going for the Platinum relics though.
Well maybe I will.
29th Plat: Crash 3
30th Plat: Crash
soon to be 31st plat: Crash 2
>>
>>384769593
There's always more room to explore these places by creating more interesting looking and technically different levels. Anyways, Jak and Daxter 1 did a good enough job of creating an open but somewhat linear world and I don't think the later Crash games came close to that quality.

Just let Crash be Crash. Open World doesn't add anything to the Crash games.
>>
>>384769536
>what do you consider hard?
game with actual tricky gameplay, super ghouls n goblins games.

in the souls games most of the "difficulty" comes from bullshit traps you cant even know about the first time.
>>
>>384769671
>two people think it's evident therefore it must be true

Okay Mr Fallacy accuser. This doesn't change the fact that the triggered sonybro fired off a claim about "levels of kiddiness" crap without any argument to show it. Neither have you, so I guess you can keep those "facts" that are obvious to only about two people and keep it to yourself.
>>
>>384770003

And I didn't ask for open world. There's a long way from Crash's old format to "open world".
>>
>>384767842
You mean like how you act like your opinion is fact and are absolutely refusing to elaborate or defend your stance?
>>
>>384766837

I really thought the bonus round was unnecessarily complex.

It has

>Examples of steel box physics working differently if placed on gravity rather than just in a spot
>A lucky alternative route that makes the player feel like they have to grind for that pixel wide high bounce window rather than play it through correctly
>Off screen boxes
>TNT timed section that you can't possibly beat on your first try because of the off screen boxes
>A really shitty spring board situation where you can't hit the top box first despite it being a simple and calm segment because of the box placement

Just combined it felt disjointed and relied on memorization and luck a bit too much.
>>
>>384769536
>Any first playthrough is hard, you cant just say that.

I can. Mostly because the difficulty in Souls games comes from learning patterns and an unorthodox control feel. The technical skill required to beat Souls games isn't actually that high. Once you learn how to dance the dance, it's not a hard game. There are still games out there where you can put in hundreds of hours and learn how to play the game and still be constantly challenged.
>>
Dark Souls has ruined video games
>>
>>384766070
what's the dark souls of videogames?
>>
File: TFw.jpg (54KB, 680x598px) Image search: [Google]
TFw.jpg
54KB, 680x598px
>>384769947
You're not too far off*
Sorry about that I fixed it earlier>>384769728.
but most areas of Dark Souls took me maybe around 3 deaths to get through with a few exceptions like the archers in Anor Londo, Capra Demon before I figured out the trick, and Ornstein/Smough.
I can guarantee you looked up a guide on how to get through many areas.
and if this is true, are you going to sit here and tell me how intelligent you are?
>>
>>384770108
>tricky gameplay
>bullshit traps
>cant even know about the first time
Name one trap that's like this.
>>
File: 1500348782955.gif (2MB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1500348782955.gif
2MB, 300x300px
>>
File: roughly.png (39KB, 778x131px) Image search: [Google]
roughly.png
39KB, 778x131px
>>
>>384770606
bed of chaos fight
capra demon with dog rng in your face
blight town blowdart niggers that arent even visible on screen
>>
>>384770724
they often dont have time to play through the whole games because the reviews gotta come qucikly.

especially not when they are fucking garbage at games and have to redo levels.
>>
>>384770531
>I can guarantee you looked up a guide on how to get through many areas.
I did not. In fact I missed the great hollow and ash lake and a bunch of other shit like most of the covenants first time around. Could probably be that I took to being a turtling spear/miracle fag my first time though. I did die quite a bit in the burg/parish though, but after that I think I got a good grasp of the mechanics.
>>
>>384770215
>two people think it's evident therefore it must be true
>Still utterly twisting what gets posted.
I see that you are still that desperate.
>>384769671
>we perceive it as something evident, you don't, ok.
No, I'm not going to point out again something as obvious as how that has nothing to do with the number of people. I'm starting to think that you have serious mental problem, which wouldn't be surprising for someone getting triggered about fucking Mario.

>This doesn't change the fact that the triggered sonybro fired off a claim about "levels of kiddiness" crap without any argument to show it
>this shit again.
Yeah, right, so nobody can say that Mario objectively feels a little less childish than kirby without a long university paper and in depth analysis, otherwise they would be wrong.
Don't worry, I'm absolutely sure that in that case some kirby fans would autistically whine as hard as you are doing.
>>
>>384770865
thats the point and the problem
>>
>>384770734
bed of chaos fight
>There's two big ass orange orbs on each side how was it not obvious
>capra demon with dog rng in your face
How is this artificial difficulty?
>blight town blowdart niggers that arent even visible on screen
In all this you can actually avoid taking damage if you were more observant.
>>
>>384771052
lmao
>>
File: 1495387081815.png (1MB, 742x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1495387081815.png
1MB, 742x1000px
>Dark Souls is now a synonym for "hard game"

What the fuck is the point anymore
>>
>>384770941
The word objectively is bring thrown out quite a bit with no actual examples to back it up anon. What makes Crash objectively less kiddish than Mario?
>>
Looks like they're going to increase the hitbox of the planks on the bridge levels.
>>
>>384771110
Look here, its not artificial, of course you're going to die a few times before finally understanding what you need to do. Artificial difficulty would be when you're going up against something you cant avoid for example an attack, they give you iframes for a reason use them.
>>
>>384770724
People like these make me wish every new game would have a 'Video game journalist' mode that's super easy but after 20 minutes of playtime it automatically deletes the save and leaves them with a big, fat 'GIT GUD' until they reset or close the game
>>
>>384771228
I hope not by much
>>
>>384770941
>still has no support for his stance

Unless you can present a universally agreed upon scale to quantify how "kiddy" a game is, it's entirely a subjective opinion. Objective matters are falsifiable/verifiable. Keep spouting your overvalued opinions.

>triggered about mario

I didn't even say whether Mario was good or bad, but somebody sure was defending Crash from some shitty greentext shitpost.
>>
File: 15145005731.jpg (85KB, 598x651px) Image search: [Google]
15145005731.jpg
85KB, 598x651px
>>384766665
>the fans are the ones comparing it to dark souls
>>
>>384771514
wew
>>
File: 1484365329172.jpg (11KB, 196x110px) Image search: [Google]
1484365329172.jpg
11KB, 196x110px
>>384768950

> poochie

Opinion discarded
>>
>dark souls
>shit hitboxes and bullshit glitches
>nu-crash
>shit hitboxes and bullshit glitches
HHHhhhhmmmmmm.....!
>>
>>384766903
>"kiddie"
>cesspit of unappealing childishness
>Sony ponies
Are you 12? Are you aware that you're discussing mascot character platformers with anonymous strangers on the internet? There's no need to act too cool for school.
>>
>>384767135
>the man shot down poor Tyrese, who was just trying to earn enough money for school supplies and weed, with a high powered assault Mossberg at close range using shell rounds and a high capacity assault grip
>>
Design a Crash Boss.
>>
>>384769601
Famitsu, the only vocal authority, gives every AAA Nintendo game a perfect score. That's the gist of it.
>>
File: Untitled.png (65KB, 801x508px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
65KB, 801x508px
>>384772230
Sure thing dude, every game gets a perfect score.
>>
>>384766903
Come on now anon, those are some mighty fucking massive jumps you're making there
>>
Post your speedrun score
>>
>>384772476
>38 out of 40
>two reviewers out of 4 gave it a 9 instead of a 10
golly gee
>>
>>384766665
>sony fans
>they are comparing

No they aren't. A journo is.
>>
>>384766070
>hard as dark souls
>comparing anything to dark souls

I remember before I had ever played dark souls, my brother told me it was the hardest game ever made

Anyone who's played it knows how easy it is, so many people who always write about games make it out to seem so hard because they're completely inept at completing games. It's like trying to teach your grandma how to use a computer, she has no fucking clue and even after telling her 6 other times she still has no idea
>>
>>384772815
>backtracking

Golly gee.

>same score as the shitpile that was FFXV
>good score
>>
>>384771562
>>384772850
did you miss all the dark souls/"crash is so hard" threads?
>>
>>384768749
BIG
>>
>>384772698
>tfw too dumb for platinum relics
>>
>>384769950
Did you jump on the polar bear in 2nd hub to get your complimentary lives?
>>
File: 1498059319753.png (100KB, 491x248px) Image search: [Google]
1498059319753.png
100KB, 491x248px
>>384766070
>Jesus christ guys, this whole "Crash Dark Souls" debacle is ancient by now, don't you faggots have anything bett-
>July 21st, 2017

What the fuck
>>
wtf I just got a platinum relic on this level.
>>
>>384766070
>dark souls
>hard
lmao
>>
>>384772968
did that instantly a few weeks ago. I'm not a new crash fan. I play the series over and over every year.
Just going for the 99 lives trophy, and then I'm done.
>>
Does doing the extra shit for Slippery Climb knock the % higher than 102%?
>>
Is it really that fucking hard?
>>
>>384766070
>Barbosa
>>
>>384766070
If Crash is the Dark Souls of platformers, what is the Ninja Gaiden of platformers?
>>
>>384766070
who's the dark souls of plateformer crash remake or end is nigh ?
>>
>>384773332
Ninja Gaiden Advance
>>
>>384772698
>he didn't get all the boxes

that shouldn't count 2bh
>>
>>384772892
Did YOU miss all the threads about the journalist complaining about Crash's difficulty and /v/ mimicking it?
>>
>>384766903
Nothing about mario is that off putting or childish desu. Like, in most of the games the characters don't even talk and there's 5 minutes of cutscenes total so there isn't any cringeworthy story full of "power of friendship" or anything like that.

I've always felt like Nintendo was the Pixar/Ghibli of video games. They make kids games that anyone can enjoy.
>>
>>384773239
Stormy Ascent, and yes
Getting the gem brings it up to 104% and I've not gotten a relic because I keep rushing but it's safe to assume it's 105 - 106%
>>
>>384766070
>new level
>its an old level that was unreleased with nu graphics
God fucking damn it
>>384770724
Fucking GameSpot
>>
So is this the new level in the DLC?
I never updated the game when I got it and I already have this level
>>
>>384773501
Neat, that's pretty cool, thanks.
>>
>>384773445
He's a nintenbro, he lacks even the most basic reading comprehension skill.
>>
>>384767361
>Some of those games are Dark Souls and Skyrim.

LIKE SKYRIM WITH GUNS
>>
File: Crash Trilogy Done.jpg (2MB, 1920x3240px) Image search: [Google]
Crash Trilogy Done.jpg
2MB, 1920x3240px
>>384773430
?
>>
File: 20170722_195159.jpg (1MB, 2560x1536px) Image search: [Google]
20170722_195159.jpg
1MB, 2560x1536px
>>384772698
Too lazy to take ps4 cap
>>
Dark souls is ClassicVania of videogames
>>
File: Too tired.png (1MB, 738x889px) Image search: [Google]
Too tired.png
1MB, 738x889px
>>384773645
wtf why is it on the side fucking ugh im too tired for this shit
>>
>tfw only tr\ophy left is the 99 trphpy in crash 2.
>tfw trying to get it but are losing lives because drunk as fuck

Only one trophy left and I'm too drunk to get it.
I keep hovering around 45 to 55
>>
File: 1453173100295.png (178KB, 282x357px) Image search: [Google]
1453173100295.png
178KB, 282x357px
>>384773598
Please dont
>>
>>384766070
Is this real ? It's just stupid to market game as a "dark souls" game, but I bet this work very well with retards aka 80% of gamers.
>>
Wait, the new levels are out? Are they paid dlc or something?
>>
>>384773819
Free for a month
>>
File: bowing-black-guy-Sony-E3-2017.png (598KB, 943x520px) Image search: [Google]
bowing-black-guy-Sony-E3-2017.png
598KB, 943x520px
>>384767045
>>384767414
>>384767524
>>384769670
>>384769801
Stay butthurt you peasants
>>
HERE WE FUCKING GO WITH THE DARK SOULS AGAIN, HOLY SHIT.
Seriously, what's the fucking deal with this people? Every single journalist and youtube critic that touches an action game with midly medieval theme, and I'm not talking only gothic architecture, or it's harder than fucking Tetris, it get's named Darksouls-like game or some shit.
For example, I was watching the trailer of Blasphemous and both the comments and video commentaries about trailer was DARKSOULS THIS, DARKSOULS THAT. Jesus fuck it get's annoying fast.
>>
Can someone explain why I've had the DLC since I got the game on release? I haven't been able to connect my ps4 to the internet to even download it.
>>
>>384766070
You need to understand that this people barely play games. They just talk about them.

Go and watch the polygon doom video. Now imagine that guy whining about how hard the game it was.
>>
>>384770607
Crush Sandicoot
>>
>>384773856
I'm currently not at home and the playstation store doesen't work on my phone, do I purchase it like a DLC on the store or does it download automatically when I launch the game? Do I get to keep it after a month? I'll get it as soon as I get back
>>
>>384773603
The timed run shouldn't count if you didn't get all of the boxes during the run
>>
>>384767135
Binding of Isaac does have some difficulty to it though. More RNG than difficulty, but still.
>>
>>384773865
>nothing but multicolored haired """people""" and niggers
Well, that explains a lot
>>
>>384774004
If you download it on the PSN store before the month is over, then you get keep it for free.
>>
>>384774136
all right anon, thank you for the info
>>
>>384774051
Not him but nice retard logic bro
>>
I'VE HAD THE DLC SINCE LAUNCH, WHY??? IM CONFUSED
>>
>>384774237
You are probably thinking of Slippery Climb

Stormy Ascent is the level you get in the DLC
>>
>>384774231
>not him but...
Suuure
>>
>>384766903
i understand where your coming from anon
its like comparing loony tunes to disney
>>
>>384773603

> playing as Coco when Crash is available
>>
>>384774367
>Not enjoying some hot coco
>>
File: 1339176107118.jpg (134KB, 500x334px) Image search: [Google]
1339176107118.jpg
134KB, 500x334px
>>384766903
>but there's quite a gap between Crash and Mario in terms of "kiddie" presentation.
Ahahahahah oh my God, this takes me back to 2007 or 2008, when a friend of mine said that PS was more mature than Nintendo because Kingdom Hearts was more mature than Mario.
Everyone bursted into laughter, and I'm still laughing to this day.
I've been laughing non-stop for 10 fucking years man, and now YOU say this shit, dooming me to another 10 years of laughter.
AHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>384766070
Dark souls this dark souls that. Who the fuck started this meme?
>>
>>384774706
http://www.gamezone.com/originals/9-games-that-are-the-dark-souls-of-their-genre

this guy
>>
>>384773445
no, there's been genuine threads discussing the game's difficulty in a serious manner.
>>
>>384774486
>Everyone bursted into laughter
At who, you for buying Nintendo products?
>>
>>384774475

Not when I have to be her as well. I'd rather be Crash.
>>
>>384775175
HE DOES IT FOR FREE
>>
>>384774051
>giving a fuck about the non-time boxes in a fucking platinum run
>>
File: ohohohoh.png (50KB, 192x159px) Image search: [Google]
ohohohoh.png
50KB, 192x159px
>>384775206
>i'm going to spout some meme since my generation can only communicate through them

The joke is ON you, underage sony pony :^) What do you think about xbox? It sucks right? Ahaha fucking xbox, sony 4everrrrr best console amirite?
>>
>>384775175

> just as childish

And you're full of shit if you think that Crash and Mario are equally childish, or you generalize and put games in absolute terms like "mature or childish".
>>
>>384775429
Xbox has no games because I have a PC so it's not even in the equation.

It's basically the MS branded steam machine of this gen.
>>
>>384766924
I don't own the game but I have to ask, does downloading the level mess with your completion rate?
>>
>>384773913
"games journalism" is really just cheap advertising for the games companies. so there are a lot of "advertisers" who went to school for liberal arts degrees and aren't really all that creative or smart (seeing as they got a job advertising advertisements of toys), so they just latch on to buzzwords to try and sell the games, and this isn't helped by the fact that game designers latch onto trends in gaming to be more successful and sell more copies, and as devs see articles shilling a certain buzzwordy type of game they try and make their game more like that. it's a feedback loop.
>>
>>384766993
>has
>>
>>384771216
probably underage or normalfags who never play retro games or both
>>
File: 1461820207460.jpg (163KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1461820207460.jpg
163KB, 1920x1080px
""""Journalists"""" should stop saying Crash is as hard as Dark Souls or it's TRYING to be as hard as Dark Souls.
Crash Bandicoot is older than that entire franchise, so it'd be more correct to say Dark Souls is as hard as Crash Bandicoot
god fucking dammit, when did difficulty become such a meme, that everything that is remotely challenging, HAS to be inspired by Dark Souls
FUCK
>>
File: 1418538445379.png (90KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
1418538445379.png
90KB, 300x225px
>>384767891
I was able to 100% the original game back when I was 5 and yet there are adults today who struggle with these levels to this degree?
>>
I liked the Pursuer, even if she was a tryhard faggot. I love mechanics where a bosstype enemy fucks with you throughout various levels. Kinda cool design, too. Disappointed that her sword isnt better tho.
>>
>>384772230
Famitsu never gives anything less than 35/40.
>>
>>384767501
I honestly don't have the patience for the Souls games. My little cousin and my sister's SUCH A NERD XD friend have beaten Bloodborne but I get past barely a boss or two in each Souls game before something really pisses me off and I just rage quit it. They're for the most part poorly programmed and feel cheap despite people claiming it to be the paragon of tough but fair game design when I would argue that Crash 1 in its original release was a much better example. They claim otherwise but every difficult thing in it was meticulously designed with nothing left to chance. If you fucked up it was your fault and it was well within the realm of possibility for everyone. They have this infallible reputation that makes it completely inaccessible to me. The games also have disproportionately high completion rates considering how difficult they are meanwhile I would argue plenty of much easier games have lower completion rates yet people tend to find that shit harder that I find trivial. I guess maybe I just grew up on platformers and people persist with the Souls games for gamur cred, I don't know. There's also the distinct possibility they summoned and had someone else do most of the work for them.
>>
>>384776717

There were no time trials in the original
>>
>>384766665
Only game journalist who suck at platforming compare this game to darks souls
>>
>>384769950
Getting 99 Lives in Crash 2 is pretty difficult this time around. In 1 and 3 you get them automatically but in 2 they are much more sparse unlike in the original Crash 2 where they were just as plentiful. I had to farm like 60 lives at the end as well for the Platinum.
>>
>>384777105
Yes but the other anon said they're struggling just to beat them normally.
>>
>>384769601
The lack of SJWs already make them objectively better than us.
>>
>>384776980
I dont care about your whatever
I'm stuck on Crash 2
that's all I have left. crash 2.
that's it
hel me please
snow bizs
>>
File: (You) Have To Go Back.jpg (137KB, 717x880px) Image search: [Google]
(You) Have To Go Back.jpg
137KB, 717x880px
>>384769671
>den of fanboys
if you don't like this place and want everyone to agree with you in an echo chamber then boy have I got a place for you but I bet you already go there don't you
>>
File: Heckin_9ce712_6328710.jpg (4KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
Heckin_9ce712_6328710.jpg
4KB, 200x200px
>>384773603
mfw i didnt even completed sunset vista
>>
>>384770865
On the N Sane Trilogy I beat each game in a night, Platted 3 in a day, 2 in 2 days with the first one taking the longest. They are not long or hard.
>>384770724
Funnily enough most of the people who say "there's nothing wrong with the remasters you're just shit git gud XD" readily admit they haven't played the games in 20 years and don't recognise that shit like the Nitros jumping 50 feet in the air randomly just to hit you in 2 is awful programming.
>>
File: ok.png (18KB, 684x177px) Image search: [Google]
ok.png
18KB, 684x177px
Oh i guess this makes it ok then :)
>>
>>384775446
>0.1$ have been deposited in your PSN account
>>
>>384775587
No, but you can now get 104% completion
>>
>>384766070
aren't these crash games rerelease of old ps1 games if they are than why people are suddenly saying they are hard aren't they the same games they played in childhood?
>>
>>384777392
gamers have no idea about anything that came out more than 2 years ago
>>
>>384777392
They don't have the same physics as the original. The remakes are harder.
>>
>>384777537
not harder, less functional
>>
>>384777624
Yes, so harder.
>>
>>384777657
The way you say harder implies it's for any reason other than developer incompetence though.
>>
>>384777657
they're only harder because of added time trials
>>
>>384766070
Man From must love this shit. Every time a new "hard" game comes out it's free marketing. It's like the only difficult game that ever existed in the history of video games is was Dark Souls, kek.
>>
>>384766723
>make article
>turns out it's clickbait
>double down
wew
>>
File: 1487932378904.jpg (41KB, 480x403px) Image search: [Google]
1487932378904.jpg
41KB, 480x403px
>mfw it took me like 30 lives to beat Storm Ascent

Those fucking timings man
>>
>>384777725
>when some kid who clearly doesn't remember or has even played the original games at all tries to imply the remake is the same
The physics are fucked, kiddo, Crash now has weight to him. In the original as long as a pixel of Crash's feet were on the platform, you would not fall. Now he has weight, if half of his body is off the platform, you get dragged into the pit. This makes the surface area of every platform smaller and every pitfall bigger, since now you have to avoid the edges before and after the jump.

Shut your trap, little boy, you're embarrassing yourself.

>>384777720
Naughty Dog were incompetent when developing the original game. The box counter was not supposed to reset on death and you were supposed to be able to save any time you want. Naughty Dog admitted they had no idea what the fuck they were doing when developing the original game. I'm sure you were one of the autistic kiddies complaining how they casualized the game by allowing you to die without the box counter resetting. Take the new physics as "compensation" for making the gem collecting easier.
>>
>>384777657
>game has worse controls because of incompetent devs
>hurrrr its better because its harder now
>>
>>384778093
>Controls = Physics
So this...is the IQ level...of /v/...woah.
>>
>>384777657
>playtesting a video game with the dev
>"How do you like it, anon?"
>"Yeah I like it a lot! It is a bit too easy, though."
>"No problem, let me ramp up the difficulty."
>Dev takes controller from my hand
>Removes most of the buttons
>Locks it in a box
>Gives me the box
>Beats me round the head with a baton
>Reminds me of Dark Souls
>>
>>384778091
>Naughty Dog admitted they had no idea what the fuck they were doing when developing the original game
I'd like to see your source for that. All I've seen them say is how much effort they put into programming it so they could get the most out of the PS1.
>>
>>384772698
3:07:32

My thumbs want to kill me.
>>
>>384778152
he's not wrong, though. The motion and physics of your character are the most vital part of control. I mean, did you think controls are only about the buttons you press?
>>
>>384769180

I don't give a shit. "Crash Bandicoot is the new Dark Souls" meme replaced "Crash Bandicoot is the Poochie of video games" meme, and I take Dark Souls meme over that shit.

I like memes and fun observations, not blatant lies.
>>
gotta get them hard hitting key words in the title
>>
>>384778152
>did you think controls are only about the buttons you press?
I bet he unironically thinks that, yes
>>
>>384778256
On a technical level it was impressive and they did a good job, in terms of game design they were autists.

>>384778282
That's not control. That's physics. Crash responds perfectly to your inputs.

>>384778362
Yes. That's what controls are Autismo.
>>
>>384778912

They did have an experienced game designer on board, David Siller, but they fired him before the game was finished because he was neither a part of the NaughtyDog team, nor part of their Sony stepping stone. Sounds like a cult to me.
>>
>>384766070
Search Engine Optimization, son. Google it.
>>
File: 1499008726911_0.jpg (154KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1499008726911_0.jpg
154KB, 1280x720px
>Guys Crash is Dark Souls
>No wait this part of Crash is REALLY Dark Souls

Why can't they just say challenging or hard.
It's especially annoying since Dark Souls isn't even really hard, it's just tedious if you lose shit.
Combat is babby simple
>>
>>384779581

Dark Souls is hard because they didn't design the combat system to handle more than one enemy at a time, and then they throw 4 at you.
>>
>>384766665
It's a faggot journalist doing it
>>
>>384772892
You know those are jokes, right

Jokes made at the expense of the journalists who originally made that comparison
>>
>>384766070
I beat this game when I was 9. What is their fucking problem?
>>
>>384780074
They dont actually play videogames.
>>
>>384766903
>Sony niggers when they don't have a thing
>HAHA LOOK AT THING IT MUST BE PURE SHIT SINCE BASED MASSA SONY DIDN'T IMPLAMENT IT *Eats Sony brand watermelon and drinks Sony brand grape drink*
>Sony niggers when they nnow have the thing they didn't have before
>HAHA LOOK NOW WE HAVE THING MASSA SONY DID IT THE RIGHT WAY AND WE LOVE IT NOW SINCE WE HAVE IT NOW *picks Sony brand cotton and eats Sony brand fried chicken*
>>
>>384766070
>new
are they even trying?
>>
>>384767702
No there is not. You're just an immature retard
>>
>>384779761
That's not true and you know it
>>
>>384779761
Dark souls is not hard. Its just beginner's traps - The game.
>>
>>384771228
just fix crash's hitbox instead, thats the main issue
>>
>>384781271
>dark souls isn't hard
>hold on let me show you my 500 hours play time on steam
>>
>>384781845

Both fixes will completely invalidate all set records, though.
>>
>>384782057
>can beat game by watching a playthrough of it on your first try
>hard
>>
File: 1337230584059.jpg (45KB, 240x320px) Image search: [Google]
1337230584059.jpg
45KB, 240x320px
>>384770724
faggot
>>
>>384782057
Its not hard, its punishing. Key difference.
>>
File: 1499635559653.png (119KB, 926x418px) Image search: [Google]
1499635559653.png
119KB, 926x418px
>>384766070
>>384766665
>le crash is le dark souls of video games
>so difficult, who made this?? xD
I don't know who these people are who have somehow infiltrated video game journalism but it's exactly why I refuse to ever read any articles of video games anymore. It's all sensationalism and does not give a fuck about the actual game, just grabbing your attention and trying to make something shocking to grab your attention, when they're not even being shocking.

It's turned into a steaming pile of garbage and the more I see it the more revolted I become. I honesty hate whoever these people are. It's like a new group of losers who had nowhere to go, ran to video games when they barely even like them, then cling and demand they are now the voice of the video game industry.

Basically, time to find a new hobby. Video games have never been more pathetic.
>>
>>384766070
>friend bragging about how even though the remake is ten times harder than the original he's still close to finishing the first one
>dont know whether to laugh or pity him
Did our skills just atrophy since the ps1? why the fuck is he having so much trouble with something we finished when we were kids?
>>
>>384766903
Holy kek
>>
>>384780542

Sonychads beat you in elementary school, didn't they?
>>
>>384782764
I AM VERY SILLY
>>
>>384780542
Thanks for your thoughtful and well-articulated opinion, man-child.
>>
File: 1494762932182.png (3KB, 136x58px) Image search: [Google]
1494762932182.png
3KB, 136x58px
>>384766903
Best post. Mario is just cringy with boring unchalenging gameplay.
>>
>>384782764
>"""Journoes""" shit on their easily-ignored safe-space cribs
>Somehow video games itself is now pathetic.
Check your logic.
>>
>>384766070
I guess we finally became Dark Souls®: Prepare to Die™
>>
File: 1299393510270.jpg (59KB, 387x357px) Image search: [Google]
1299393510270.jpg
59KB, 387x357px
>>384767108
Please name ONE 'old' game that plays like dark souls.
If anything old games where I wanna be the guy- hard, not dark souls hard.
>>
>>384766903
>Crash has found the balance, and might just be the only one there right now.
What balance? Crash games are ridiculously easy. The one reason why people are currently ingredients or hard is because of the changes in physics and the fact that the hitboxes are utter ass.
>>
>>384783268

No, most people today coudn't even beat the originals, with maybe the exception of Warped, don't kid yourself
>>
>>384774997
It's really hard for you to admit that you were wrong? Do you really need to continue showing everyone how delude you are?
>>
Why is everything compared to dark souls? It's not even hard
>>
>>384783367
>implying
I know that kids these days are seriously loaded with chemicals, but come on.
>>
>>384783367
>most people today coudn't even beat the originals
You don't honestly believe this do you?
>>
>>384772698
8 hours well spent
>>
>>384776480
Just set up a word filter.

Dark = Hard
Souls = Game
>>
>>384783367
>most people these days couldn't finish it because I couldn't!
>>
>>384774997
Just because people discuss the difficulty of the game it doesn't mnea they are falling for the Darksouls meme. Discussing about a game's difficulty is a common and old thing you know.
>>
File: IMG_0969.jpg (686KB, 1390x1845px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0969.jpg
686KB, 1390x1845px
>>384783719
Tienes que regresar
>>
>>384774051
>caring about boxes in a time trial run
Does autism hurt?
>>
>>384783635
>>384783659

It's fine if you are bad, but you don't have to blame hitboxes and physics when there are people cutting plat times by 20 seconds with ease
>>
>>384783845
Autism only hurts others
>>
>>384776480
The problem there is that Crash was never a hard game. I mean it still isn't but people are having trouble adjusting.
>>
File: IMG_3073.jpg (154KB, 905x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3073.jpg
154KB, 905x1024px
>>
>>384779761
(You)
>>
>>384783268

We were talking about presentation here, not difficulty. Besides, these games are indeed harder, because they don't even offer kiddie difficulty settings.
>>
>>384783863
>but you don't have to blame hitboxes and physics
You mean the thing that's clearly different from their original incarnations?
The thing that's causing these ridiculous dark souls comparisons?

>when there are people cutting plat times by 20 seconds with ease
You might want to think about why they're finding it easy now rather than before.
>>
>>384783839
I'm not going back to that level ever again.
>>
>>384783939

Change it to "prepare to whoa"
>>
>>384766070
Casualisation was a mistake
>>
https://youtu.be/Kmgg7mq9OX4?t=120
>developer even embraces Dark Souls comparisons even though his game predates it
>>
>>384777777
>>
>>384783939
Shop crash’s head onto there
>>
>>384784078

You are not adapting, that's all, no need to contradict yourself any further, if you have the skills needed, the game becomes easy
>>
File: 1396096558088.jpg (44KB, 245x250px) Image search: [Google]
1396096558088.jpg
44KB, 245x250px
>>384776480
I'm glad that she is an end game for Ararararagi
>>
>>384784039
>We were talking about presentation here, not difficulty.
Crash Bandicoot having the presentation of a Saturday morning cartoon. In other words it's presented as a child's game. Unless you're trying to say that the GTAs and CoDs appeal to that audience.
>Besides, these games are indeed harder, because they don't even offer kiddie difficulty settings.
How is that an indicator of difficulty? If anything it's the exact opposite because they didn't feel the need to create a lower difficulty setting like say Megaman 2(?) when it came to the west.
What exactly defines "kiddy" to you? Because it certainly isn't what everyone else defines it as.
>>
File: 12a6c8d159cfc1b8eceeae4c35b80f3a.jpg (407KB, 2309x1250px) Image search: [Google]
12a6c8d159cfc1b8eceeae4c35b80f3a.jpg
407KB, 2309x1250px
>>384784330
>>
>>384784296
Are you even paying attention?
I'm saying the game is incredibly easy but the only reason it's being called hard is because the physics and hit boxes are completely different from the original versions. These people are going off of muscle memory which is why I, as a person who didn't play one of the originals until a week before, find the trilogy extremely easy. I don't have those years of muscle memory.
That's the entire reason why they're only now blitzing through platinum times the adjustment period for them has passed and they've become accustomed to the game.

Why on earth do you want to perpetuate this hard meme?
>>
>>384783035
>>384782919
>triggered neogaffers
the best part of waking up
>>
File: 1495360066174.gif (538KB, 519x608px) Image search: [Google]
1495360066174.gif
538KB, 519x608px
>artbook announced

more bandicute for me, thank you
>>
>>384770941
And yet you're here autistically whining as well. Fuck off with your mario faggotry, it's not welcome here.
>>
>>384785993
>Spyro knotted that Goat pussy
>>
>>384773493
> mario
> not being for underage people

kek
>>
>>384783217
You need to be 18 to post here.
>>
>>384774486
It's a retarded thing to say, but it's also retarded to buy nintendo as an adult or teen. There are no winners in your story, only losers.
>>
File: 1499785838143.png (37KB, 674x671px) Image search: [Google]
1499785838143.png
37KB, 674x671px
>>384785993
>>
File: 1499303791256.jpg (566KB, 1024x1452px) Image search: [Google]
1499303791256.jpg
566KB, 1024x1452px
>>384786507
>>
>>384766723
It's IRONIC you just don't get it retard
>>
File: 1497780911550.jpg (62KB, 840x950px) Image search: [Google]
1497780911550.jpg
62KB, 840x950px
>>384786671
>>
Is Nioh the Dark Souls of action rpgs?
>>
File: 1493894852672.png (91KB, 386x594px) Image search: [Google]
1493894852672.png
91KB, 386x594px
>tfw I could never complete Crash 1 as a kid without cheats
>tfw now at 29 I still can't do it and am permanently stuck on High Road
>tfw no problems with Crash 2 and 3

I hate Crash 1 but I guess this is what I get for having vidya as a secondary hobby.
>>
>>384766070
But Crash Bandicoot isn't hard???? It literally isn't.... It's moderate difficulty. You want hard? Go play some of the original DragonSlayer Games, you will give up you piece of shit casual.
>>
>>384767524
Compare Loony Toons vs Mickey Mouse

Or 90s-07 Cartoon Network vs Disney Channel.
>>
File: all the eggs.png (3MB, 1024x1452px) Image search: [Google]
all the eggs.png
3MB, 1024x1452px
>>384786671
>>
>>384766903
>kiddie games on a sony console aren't actually kiddie games
loving every laugh
>>
>>384787165

Way to miss the point, sperglord. It's about Crash not being AS kiddy in its presentation. Stop thinking in absolute terms like a literal autist.
>>
Hey guys I came from Reddit
>>
File: 9698d62922932b84ea978511ed2b8bfc.png (258KB, 1069x630px) Image search: [Google]
9698d62922932b84ea978511ed2b8bfc.png
258KB, 1069x630px
>>384786887
>>
>>384787345
Don't bother with that idiot, it's literally mariofans being the giant autist that they are.
>>
What's the time for the gold relic in hot coco
>>
>>384774076
You're missing the larger point that the article in questions claims crash is a roguelike.
>>
File: 228[1].jpg (102KB, 733x800px) Image search: [Google]
228[1].jpg
102KB, 733x800px
>>384787353
>>
>>384787897

I'd totally play vidya with Crash
>>
File: 1496281254676.jpg (18KB, 451x451px) Image search: [Google]
1496281254676.jpg
18KB, 451x451px
>>384766903
You're getting a lot of shitposts but I agree with >>384774341

It's kiddie stuff, but it's easier to digest,
>>
File: d455c1076a7cb579ed4d8cd65b66dade.png (814KB, 1062x1275px) Image search: [Google]
d455c1076a7cb579ed4d8cd65b66dade.png
814KB, 1062x1275px
>>384787897
Buenos Dias, Coco
>>
>>384787345
>It's about Crash not being AS kiddy in its presentation
Except that Crash uses 90s early 2000s cartoons as a basis of Crash's animation, story etc.
Everything "kiddy" in Mario is kiddy because you associate mario with kids rather than it using childish themes as a native basis.
>>
>>384788797
imbecil
>>
>>384766903
>Yooka Leftie
Fuck off faggot.
>>
>>384788980
found the triggered redditor neofaggot

go back nigger
>>
>>384788980

Fuck off, regressive.
>>
File: 1495367573748.png (163KB, 1106x1588px) Image search: [Google]
1495367573748.png
163KB, 1106x1588px
>>384788909
>>
>>384788797
>>384788909
>>384789445
>>
File: 1495898270096.jpg (56KB, 464x404px) Image search: [Google]
1495898270096.jpg
56KB, 464x404px
>>384776717
Average kid are better in video games than average adult. It's because your brain ages poorly.
That's why games nowadays are easier - target demographics switched from kids to adults.
>>
>>384766070
>t. Alessandro Barbosa
>>
File: GhoulsSNES_boxart.jpg (21KB, 390x266px) Image search: [Google]
GhoulsSNES_boxart.jpg
21KB, 390x266px
>hard games used to be compared to actually hard games
>due to /v/ being retards and shilling darksouls and making it a fucking meme it is now compared to everything

you guys happy about this?
And whats really funny is you then whine and bitch about monsters YOU created I say you because I didn't shill DS
Hey, You know most memes and e-celebs are your doing. You created RAGE faces, you created gamegrumps and markiplier
Those are all on you.
I didn't give them views or partake in them. You stupid twats did.
>>
>>384770724
>GameSpot was provided with a complimentary copy
Hopefully Sony stops supporting their fuck ass.
>>
File: 1492062733120.jpg (50KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1492062733120.jpg
50KB, 640x480px
>>384789757
>I don't know what I'm talking about the post
>>
>>384776313
>no
>>
So how is the dlc level? I haven't gotten around to hooking my ps4 up again to try it out.
>>
>>384766070
I don't have a PS4, can someone answer a quick question. Is the remaster any more or less forgiving than the originals? I remember being sent back a few levels when you ran out of lives to your last memory card save, but you NEVER had to start from the beginning. It was the same as DKC or SMB1 with A+start. Has this system changed at all for PS4?
>>
File: 1499279237787.png (268KB, 500x571px) Image search: [Google]
1499279237787.png
268KB, 500x571px
>>384790183
same as 1996 one + VV proved that they can do interesting and challenging levels too, but still it was only bonus one, we will see
>>
>>384790205
They changed save system similar to Crash 2 and Warped
>>
>>384790205
It has an auto save now do you tell me.
>>
>>384766903
because he fits the Sonic mold of mascot platformers.

AKA "cool" with an "attitude"

Crash's original model was specifically designed to have all edges and edgy polygons
>>
>>384790334
Does Coco have medical degree too?
>>
>>384766856
>start playing Crash
>reset until I get the brimstone
>proceed to beat the game without dying
Fucking journos these days.
>>
>>384766903
Oh shut up you insufferable faggot.
Dino, Polar, Puma and Coco are all incredibly adorable.
Not to mention all the goofy deaths.
Crash is as kiddie as Kirby.
>>
File: 4c38.png (426KB, 840x950px) Image search: [Google]
4c38.png
426KB, 840x950px
>>384786887
random draw fag here, i tried
>>
Was it rape?
>>
>>384789724

Is that Cojak?
>>
>>384777251
>stuck on the fucking sixth level
Nigga.
>>
File: 1484844450639.jpg (82KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1484844450639.jpg
82KB, 1024x1024px
>>384790790
Can you do something similar to this
>>
>>384788797

What's he trying to do here?
>>
File: 94e423a94e25d9e530cd3c1da95c3d50.png (242KB, 739x1187px) Image search: [Google]
94e423a94e25d9e530cd3c1da95c3d50.png
242KB, 739x1187px
>>384790819
Was it?
>>
File: 4c39.png (427KB, 840x950px) Image search: [Google]
4c39.png
427KB, 840x950px
>>384790952
i'm in a slump of actually drawing, so i'm colouring
>>
>>384790790
>>384791248

She's not brown, what the fuck.
>>
>>384769950
>they took out Unbearable's infinite lives
JUST
>>
>>384791437
it's like a dark orange?
>>
File: 2af62ec2c4ae45894ae857ba97b54d6d.png (234KB, 758x1197px) Image search: [Google]
2af62ec2c4ae45894ae857ba97b54d6d.png
234KB, 758x1197px
>>384791240
>>
File: 1500498539020.jpg (61KB, 726x720px) Image search: [Google]
1500498539020.jpg
61KB, 726x720px
>>384766070
I really like this meme tbqh
>>
>>384766734
Dark Souls isn't a good game, though. inB4
>le hard skillz
You have to go back
>>
>>384766070
>video game """journalism""" cashing in on the dark souls meme for click bait clicks

Nothing surprising here.
>>
File: IMG_2450.png (100KB, 372x274px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2450.png
100KB, 372x274px
>>384766903
>Yooka-Leftie

I want /pol/ to leave
>>
>>384777180
>>384791673
There is a infinite lives exploit in Bee-Having
>>
>>
>>384791737

About average orange.
>>
File: 1498845767455.png (974KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
1498845767455.png
974KB, 640x1136px
>>
>>384791889

I love this
>>
>>384791034
Looking if she also has the orange spot in her back.
>>
>>384770224

That was my first post in this thread, my dude.
>>
File: 1498816192682.png (620KB, 1750x1258px) Image search: [Google]
1498816192682.png
620KB, 1750x1258px
>>384791889
>>
>>384770607
Gash Vandersnoot
>>
>>384791034
for her tail, because Tawna have one
>>
>>384766903
>spain's crash ads announce it as "the return of a childhood friend"
>>
File: 1464357796139.jpg (28KB, 600x726px) Image search: [Google]
1464357796139.jpg
28KB, 600x726px
>>384792115
>tfw fat deposits to your stomach and not your breasts too
>>
>ywn cum inside Coco

how do you guys deal with it
>>
File: 1499913056709.png (107KB, 552x466px) Image search: [Google]
1499913056709.png
107KB, 552x466px
>>384792480
That's not a bandicoot tail
>>
>>384792480

Nah, they all have tails. Crash and Coco just don't poke holes in their perfectly good pairs of pants like dumb whores.
>>
>>384787156
underrated
>>
File: 1500051038431.png (469KB, 1382x674px) Image search: [Google]
1500051038431.png
469KB, 1382x674px
>>384792756
How much do you think "things" those are not tail went from that hole?
>>
>>384790014
WHOS BITCH THIS IS?
>>
>>384792896

Pls, Inglès.
>>
File: 1491971742453.jpg (501KB, 1600x978px) Image search: [Google]
1491971742453.jpg
501KB, 1600x978px
>>384792957
Mary Doll from Batman: The Animated Series
>>
>everything is dark souls
how did dark souls took over vidya?
>>
>>384792968
si,
>>
>>384792896

Why would they do that with clothes on? Nobody is in that much of a hurry.
>>
>>384773493
BING BING YAHOO 1UP
>>
>>384767108
>This game which is older than Dark Souls is just like Dark Souls!
>Dark Souls invented difficulty!!
>>
File: 1492028879752.png (583KB, 1420x1294px) Image search: [Google]
1492028879752.png
583KB, 1420x1294px
>>384790014
>>
>>384773493

There's more to kiddy factor than cutscenes and story. Visuals, characters and music come to mind with Mario.
>>
File: 1492050103356.png (578KB, 1182x1156px) Image search: [Google]
1492050103356.png
578KB, 1182x1156px
>>384793993
>>
I don't know that's more retarded, "new level" or "as hard as dark souls"
>>
Activision is smart to take advantage of the meme.

Regardless of if the original games were really that hard or not, now its known for it after this shit. You have let's players and streamers putting up rage compilations and cashing in hard. Now's the time to put out a new Crash Bandicoot game that is actually designed from the ground up to be ball-breakingly hard and the series will be a big deal again in no time.
>>
File: 1491964217071.png (708KB, 1269x1387px) Image search: [Google]
1491964217071.png
708KB, 1269x1387px
>>384794065
>>
>>384790051
>peenor
>>
File: 1492351831454.jpg (122KB, 944x645px) Image search: [Google]
1492351831454.jpg
122KB, 944x645px
I'm interesting right now, what are they gonna write about Spyro or CTR remakes at this point
>>
>>384766070

Crash Bandicoot trilogy is only hard because the physics are shitty and way different from the original.
>>
>>384791921
Shut your mouth, dark souls is perfect.
It's the sequels that are bad
>>
>>384794791
Only for Crash 1, it's still ok for Crash 2
>>
>>384794739
VV are aware of fans desire for both CTR and Spyro, but have not said anything confirming yet.
>>
>>384766903
It's not as childish. Crash's deaths are animated (he gets chopped in half, crushed, electrocuted, etc), the enemies have darker influences and are scarier-looking (disfigured mad scientists, enemies with actual weapons like guns, and a lot of the animal enemies are more dangerous looking by having small eyes and sharp teeth), unlike Yooka Laylee that has random shit with googly eyes pasted on or Mario where enemies are changed to make them look less scary. There's also Tawna, the big-titted slut who was apparently based off of Pamela Anderson.
>>
>>384794914
Judging sales it's just a matter of time, they just have to choose one of it
>>
Does Coco like humans?
>>
File: 1499633553846.png (9KB, 254x261px) Image search: [Google]
1499633553846.png
9KB, 254x261px
>>384795003
She likes Nathan Drake for sure
>>
>>384766903
>>384774341
These guys are on to something. Disney presents lots of colors and and emotions with some "adult" references in between that children are unable to catch, while loony tunes does slapstick and visual gags.

Both are cartoons but they aren't exactly the same things.
>>
>>384795104
He is a nice guy, what can I say if you skip his thing about killing 1000 people
>>
File: cartswjhncvx.png (1MB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
cartswjhncvx.png
1MB, 960x960px
Is Crash Bandicoot non-souls game to be called a souls game?
>>
File: 1499306048195.png (1MB, 1024x2313px) Image search: [Google]
1499306048195.png
1MB, 1024x2313px
>>
>>384788306
No it doesn't? It's comparing difficulty, not gameplay styles. You're reaching.
>>
>>384766903
>cesspit of unappealing childishness like newer Mario titles
Mario games just have a really Japanese aesthetic compared to Crash, I think you're looking at it wrong.
They have been visually pretty bland after Galaxy though, but Odussey seems extremely imaginative again
>>
>>384766070
>post yfw they post to PC and include crash maker
>>
File: 1499969127608.png (29KB, 756x734px) Image search: [Google]
1499969127608.png
29KB, 756x734px
>>384797542
>>
>>384795003
She's my wife anon. Of course she likes humans.
>>
File: thumbs.png (303KB, 488x288px) Image search: [Google]
thumbs.png
303KB, 488x288px
>>384797542
>Coco and Tawna models ripped and usable on SFM
>>
>>384792627
just find a guy who likes small tits.
>>
>>384766903
>but Crash doesn't fall into the cesspit of unappealing childishness like newer Mario titles

Someone never played 100 man mario.
>>
By there logic every game before the SNES was "Le dark souls xd" tier difficulty

When will these people realize they just suck at video games?
>>
>>384766903
this is actually some good bait, congrats dude. most people go way too overboard, but this is just the right amount.
>>
>>384786213
she isnt a goat
>>
>>384798056
GREAT DOUJIN
>>
File: It was me!.png (138KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
It was me!.png
138KB, 350x350px
>>384799696
Fuck off faggoat
>>
>>384797395
Read the article, numbnuts.
>>
File: 1500138399694.gif (1022KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1500138399694.gif
1022KB, 500x281px
>>384766903
This. Crash is kino af.
>>
>>
>>384766818
It's called cost efficency.
>>
>>384766903
I agree with this.
>>
>>384766903

You're a fucking retard m8
>>
>>384766903
As a nintenbro, I completely agree.
>>
>>384766070
Do they not realize that this level was developed by Naughty Dog in 1996?
>>
File: CatMario.jpg (100KB, 658x370px) Image search: [Google]
CatMario.jpg
100KB, 658x370px
>>384766903
I agree with this
mario is very cute, adorable and unoffensive to an almost sickening degree
crash is definitely more palatable to people who are put off by marios cuteness
>>
>>384787897
I want to lick Coco's feet
>>
File: crashs.jpg (116KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
crashs.jpg
116KB, 1200x675px
>>
>>384770941
>make a claim with nothing to back it up
>throw in words like "objective" and "evident"
>anyone who disagrees with me has mental problems

Ok your series is less kiddy than Mario, but it's also more autistic than Sonic
>>
Not enough Coco ITT.
Thread posts: 415
Thread images: 92

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.