[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's wrong with me /v/? I was reasonably hyped for the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 181
Thread images: 15

File: Destiny-2-Official-Reveal-Art.jpg (518KB, 1900x1068px) Image search: [Google]
Destiny-2-Official-Reveal-Art.jpg
518KB, 1900x1068px
What's wrong with me /v/? I was reasonably hyped for the beta and I can't find any enjoyment whatsoever while playing it.
>>
Well, what was wrong was you being hyped in the first place.

For me, I'm wrong because I wasn't hyped at all but enjoyed the beta
>>
>>384752803
>demo
>call it a beta
>>
>>384753075
>>384752803

Yeah it was a demo.

Every other Beta I played usually has all the content of the game currently made.

This is what will be released in September.

Of course, if you are burnt out on Destiny don't get it. But you will if you are making this thread about it.
>>
>>384752803

I played a little bit of it but I'm really just waiting for the PC version.
>>
I'm not even going to try the beta I'm so pissed off at them over the last one I will never buy another Destiny title again no matter how good it is
>>
>>384753224
I won't get it, I just wanted to know if any of you feel the same about the game
>>
>>384753542
everyone on here is just going to shit on the game.

Demo's are to test the game. The final product is obviously going to be much bigger, and I guarantee you will jump on it's dick once they come out with some gimmicky shit when the game is out.

Game is probably going to launch with like 60 strikes and 3 raids.
>>
>>384753816
BS their going to sell this shit pice meal just like the last one. Guarantee their going to sucking ever cent out of players they can.
>>
>>384752803
It's not a new game. It's, at most, an expansion. No reason to be excited for it.
>>
Seems like even Destiny fans are getting sick of Activision's bullshit.
>>
>>384754271
Yeah, but they already are making it bigger than the original Destiny plus the expansions. They probably making a point to do so as well.

But they still are going to cut content and sell it later like the last game as well, also to be expected launch micro transactions like the last game.

The original Destiny was a huge success and they would have to be mentally retarded to screw up the formula they crafted over 3 years.
>>
>>384752803
I had the same issue playing the Space Marine game. You're bored. The game sucks.
>>
>>384754430
Until they pull some gimmicks. The Demo didn't suck, but Destiny fans were expecting more as they always do and will.

Remember the opening weeks of Destiny should have straight up killed the franchise, but they managed to have the base game have enough addicting qualities until they came up with updates.

I think it was such a huge success because people on consoles didn't get their taste of loot driven multiplayer games on the level of Destiny, and it generated an enormous fan base that will eat Destiny shit up until they stop making content.
>>
>>384752803
because it's fucking boring

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ukm_QuJQfU
>>
because it's fucking the exact same as the first if not worse.

the tickrate must be like fucking splatoon levels because I get hit around corners SO god damned often it's not even funny.
>>
>>384752803
>D1 is our most ambitious and advanced game yet!
>We will be supporting it over all our platforms for 10 years!
>3 years later
>D2 IS THE MOST AMBITIOUS AND ADVANCED GAME
>WE WILL SUPPORT IT FOR 10 YEARS

Peter, fuck off, we all know it's you. Fable 3 was garbage.
>>
>>384754768
you're retarded. never did they c laim to support it for 10 years. That leaked document said they plan to have the series span over 10 years, meaning sequels. It was supposed to be a yearly release like cod.
>>
>>384753816
>60 strikes and 3 raids
Please don't expect this....you will be sorely disappointed. I believe they already said theyre only launching with 1 raid.
>>
>>384754915
Go to bed, Peter. No one wants to buy semi-annual games, especially not the ones you shill. Fable being a rail shooter? What were you thinking?
>>
>>384755372
peter molyneux is actually a cool guy. At least he fucking talks to his fans instead of sitting in some shitty high tower like the actiblizz corporate faggots. Even if his games are shit he tries to direct them in a realistic manner with lofty goals, instead of just stealing money like the japs have been via kickstarter.

peter is the significantly lesser evil. Imagine a world without fucking black and white, you cunt.
>>
>>384755476
>Imagine a world without fucking black and white
I never played
>>
>>384755476
Peter, we didn't forget about Godus. Just go back to bed, man, get some sleep. Stop making games, stop shilling in the industry, you're done man. You're all washed up. Don't be like this, it's embarassing.
>>
File: kek.jpg (45KB, 600x477px) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
45KB, 600x477px
>>384753816
>60 strikes and 3 raids
>bungiefags are this delusional
>>
>>384753504
But the beta is free
>>
The changes seem like they favor pvp at the cost of pve, which is fucking stupid because there are billions of other pvp shooters where as Destiny is the only shooter with raids and dungeons.
>>
>>384755979
I've already made up my mind I'm not going to give them the opportunity to try to sell me. Fuck Destiny for life
>>
Still haven't touched destiny. Damn I love knowing if a game will entertain or not without having to play it.

It's some sort of sixth sense
>>
>>384755764
>>384755227

I heard something in the reveal stream there was going to be like 60 strikes on varying levels with the example of Protheon being an advanced one.

But obviously as I can't find any information on either that information is false.

But they are going to be launching with more content than the Original Destiny did with 18 strikes and 4 raids.

They are probably going to launch with in between 20-30 strikes and 2-3 raids.

They definitely are going to make it bigger than the first initial launch as they don't want the negative PR that the first game got from it.

It also isn't something we won't see coming either, if they don't make it bigger less people will buy it and trash it.
>>
>>384756219
It'll launch with half a pack of saltine crackers and three apples
>>
>>384756219
>4 raids
the original destiny launched with 1 raid. vault of glass.
>>
>>384756539
>>384756563

Yeah, they aren't going to have the game launch with the same content the first one had. The only reason they did that to begin with was they were working with Xbox 360 and PS3 and they needed to completely drop those games for the Taken King expansion.

Which was already in concept when the game came out.
>>
isnt it exactly like the first one? thats what it looked like at least
>>
>>384757003
Yeah they're gonna launch it with less, probably. I mean, objectively that's already the truth, they've downscaled all forms of pvp which is a horrible, horrible mistake.
>>
>>384757127
yes, even plays the same. They've renamed the stats but they're functionally identical, new weapons but stats are all the same, the only real differences are the new subclasses (one, which we got in expansion packs for $30), and the split between primary and secondary now being kinetic and elemental, so you can have two handcannons if you want. Which is neat, but ultimately the gunplay is still the same, everything feels super spongey just like halo, so it's awful, just awful.

and the beta is using some of the most jank ass ghetto ass servers i've ever seen it's like 16 tickrate. Unacceptable.
>>
>>384757127
That's what the reviews are saying I'm here and it's not that good
>>
Huge Destinyfag here, it's probably because they literally extracted all the fun from the first game OP. Game plays slow as fuck, TTK in PVP is 60% slower and they removed all the mobility options. Ability recharge rates are actually good for PVP, but make PVE super stale.

That's on top of all the depth they removed from the subclasses by locking them to two predefined trees.

Destiny 2 is a shit. A SHIT.
>>
>>384756218
The sense is called "shit taste".
>>
>>384757303
Overwatch started with 20 tickrate, it is the most popular FPS game besides CS source. May have even usurped it at some point idk.

Most of the skill trees in the original Destiny left unshifted other than grenade mods, and even then there was a definitive best one.

There was nothing wrong with the gameplay to begin with and expected them to make a complete genreshift in the second game is retarded.

The Strike was much better than your average Destiny strike.

>>384757305
>>384757315

Destiny people love shitting on the game, yet they still play it. Just look at the forums, constant complaining and you look at the average poster and they have over 500+ hours often times more.

There isn't any game that could replace Destiny at the moment and they certainly are saving some shit for when Anthem comes out.
>>
Pros:
>Warlocks get actually support skills now!
>Sniper Psions are somewhat fun

Cons:
>No speccing
>Cooldowns way too long for pve
>Two primary weapons is shit
>No Heavy weapon is shit

The beta made me less excited for the game, if anything. They could salvage this by launching with tons of content and very large maps and good open world activities, but I am not going to buy it expecting them to do that considering the first game.

I don't know why it's such a challenge for developers to clue into the idea of balancing pvp and pve separately. It's the only way you can get both balanced ever, and many devs have realized this far too late.
>>
>>384757938
popular doesn't mean good. and no, overwatch is nowhere NEAR the most popular fps game. Even on the downswing, cod shits all OVER it, in every way possible.

Doesn't excuse the shit tickrate either, cod uses 64 tickrate servers.
>>
>>384757979
The thing is they did balance them separately, for a number of different weapons and abilities.

Thing is, it isn't that they don't want to work on this. Is that they don't think it is necessary, the only reason Destiny has PvP to begin with is to hold people off for more PvE content.

The game was always centered around PvE, with minor updates that seemed huge to players like Iron Banner and Trials of Osiris going to PvP players.
>>
>>384758161
popular is objectively good idiot lol.
>>
>>384758315
then cod is the golden standard. why is this game so shit since it's less popular than cod, AND has worse features? same motherfucking company publishing it, there should be some standards.
>>
>>384758161
>overwatch is nowhere NEAR the most popular fps game.

Nope, just looked it up and Overwatch is now the most popular FPS game, CoD peaked in 2016 which had about 2 million more sales than Overwatch but has since been declining.

And this is 30 million vs 32 million.

Overwatch now has 60 tickrate servers. Destiny probably won't have that high because they know players will eat up the same shit that Destiny one had, as there were people who consistently got on for Trials of Osiris despite how meaningless it was.
>>
>>384758243
which is why it sucks they are doing things to pve that seem to only benefit pvp
>>
>>384758575
Most popular in what way? There are literally 1.6m people playing cod right now on just ps4. takes maybe 15 seconds to find and load into a match while it takes upwards of 45 or even longer for overwatch.

Where are you getting those sales figures from anyway? I can't find anything about them.
>>
>>384758720
League of legends, the most popular PvP game of all time has minute long queue times. But they match you based on a number of factors, not sure if CoD games do or not.

Look up Cod sales and Overwatch sales.

They stopped posting sales after black ops 3 because there was a massive decline with advanced warfare.

Not to mention Battlefield took a huge portion of the player base as well.
>>
Scout rifles are op again...

Grenades and super take forever to load
>>
>>384759365
I think the supers take forever is because of the support abilities.

The Titans and the Warlocks are genuinely good, and the warlock should have been debuffs but they get fucking dodges.
>>
File: 1495169479303.jpg (108KB, 537x537px) Image search: [Google]
1495169479303.jpg
108KB, 537x537px
>>384753816
>Destiny launches with 6 strikes
>DLC after 3 years brings it to 17
>Destiny 2 getting 60 at launch
wew lad
>>
File: Halo 3 Bungie vs Destiny Bungie.png (293KB, 6506x1674px) Image search: [Google]
Halo 3 Bungie vs Destiny Bungie.png
293KB, 6506x1674px
In every single Destiny thread ever people constantly claim that most of the developers who made Halo are gone which is why Destiny turned the way it did. Out of curiosity I went through the Halo 3 credits and checked off who still works there. If I counted right 115 Bungie employees were credited on Halo 3, and of those 23 have left the company in the years since Halo 3's release. I think people should learn to accept that individuals who made something you enjoyed can also make something you dislike too.
>>
>>384759365
Scout Rifles have never been OP, aside from that short time MIDA was the meta, and it wasn't even OP at all there.
>>
the ranger abilities are gay. Even the supers suck. golden gun barely does like 100 damage with a dead on shot, meanwhile the staff does 150 with a glancing blow and can hit like 10-20 times versus... six, but it slows you down no matter your mobility.
>>
>>384760201
That is really interesting, I would have expected Bungie to be much bigger than just over 100 people for Halo 3. There is something you are not taking into account here though, while these people are still there they might not be in the same positions still. Bungie is over 750 employees now. The people still there from the Halo days might have been jumbled around, or been promoted out of hands on work into management roles.
>>
>literally make the game worse in every way possible

I'm impressed. Bungie deserves a medal for this.
>>
>>384761487
Golden gun flat out sucks now, its awful. Doesn't even kill some red bar enemies, and the duration is so short that you can barely get the six shots off in time.
>>
>>384761848
Yup. It's a shame it has the objectively superior melee though. Really fucking frustrating. I'm not interested in buying destiny 2 now, at least. Getting so pissed off at dying from around corners and having to do that boss in the strike 3 times because he gets 5 times faster and gains tracking and melee attacks after you blow his head off in the final phase has made me uninstall the beta even. Maybe i'll rent it in october or something.
>>
>>384760201
What happened was Bungie vets left after Activision started messing with the game, something they promised they wouldn't do, and Jason Jones allowed it. So now you have a bunch of spineless employees listening to daddy Kotick while simultaneously trying to have that "badass" attitude Bungie was previously know for.

Go read any Luje Smith interview about the series, it's so pathetic because he wants to sound brimming with confidence saying things like "yeah you're gonna buy our product anyways" but Destiny is not even close to Halo so instead of "badass" it sounds scummy.

And even with Halo, Bungie fought tooth and nail for maps to be free and were only able to grant that wish with Cold Storage, so to see the company now say "you will buy this" is such a 180
>>
File: 1499390958536.jpg (72KB, 812x960px) Image search: [Google]
1499390958536.jpg
72KB, 812x960px
>>384752803
>i cant find any enjoyment whatsoever while playing this uninspired piece of shit game made for retards and children

ITS A MYSTERY
>>
File: ash-beds-yellowstone-eruption.jpg (48KB, 960x618px) Image search: [Google]
ash-beds-yellowstone-eruption.jpg
48KB, 960x618px
I have like 600 hours in D1 and so far D2 feels like mostly the same game with minor/medium improvements.

>graphical improvement is pretty substantial
>gunplay has been slightly improved with some snappier reloading animations. Other animations are the same
>sound effects are generally better
>loading times seem to be down by about 25%
>the menu system is much quicker, and easier to access various things like friends and destinations
>PVP is gimped as fuck, and somehow way worse than D1
>auto rifles are fun now
>the new weapon system feels like an improvement to me

I just have a bad feeling that the beta is going to end up like the D1 beta and be 50% of the full game. I preordered it because I really like Destiny for what it is: a simple loot grinder. But if you're expecting a sweeping space opera MMO, you're probably not going to get it.
>>
>>384762028
I actually like how much the boss moves around, its a huge departure from the Destiny 1 strike formula. Where the boss either never moves, only moves around a very tiny space, or only moves between two set points where it stands still.
>>
>>384762287
oh absolutely. first two phases and the first half of phase 3 are really cool. But when he's down to like 25% and his head flies off and you can see his core in his abdomen, he gets supersonic speed and his melee attack has ultra knockback and flings you into the ether for near instant death. It really REALLY blows.
>>
So there's no explorable part in the beta? Just two competitive and one coop mission? I didn't try the mission yet.
>>
>>384762574
yeah. You can explore a little bit in the strike, but not very much and only at the beginning.
>>
>>384761527
>There is something you are not taking into account here though, while these people are still there they might not be in the same positions still.
Noting what they are currently doing at Bungie probably would have been a good idea, yeah.
>>384762085
>What happened was Bungie vets left after Activision started messing with the game, something they promised they wouldn't do, and Jason Jones allowed it. So now you have a bunch of spineless employees listening to daddy Kotick while simultaneously trying to have that "badass" attitude Bungie was previously know for.
Those are all people who were still working at Bungie during the development of Rise of Iron in 2016, I made sure to mark off people who departed or were fired during Destiny's development. I think your idea here is baseless and just wishful thinking because you don't want to accept that the people who made something you really like went on to make something you don't
>And even with Halo, Bungie fought tooth and nail for maps to be free and were only able to grant that wish with Cold Storage
Get over yourself, Bungie pretty much kicked off the idea of selling map pack DLCs with Halo 2. Halo 2, 3, and Reach all had map packs; and all of them were a pretty lackluster value. How does them throwing out a token free map make up for that?
>>
>Play Destiny 1 alpha
>Didn't like the game one bit
>Play Destiny 2 beta hoping it'll be a noticeable change from Destiny 1
>its the exact same game but with balance changes and a campaign mode with more humour than the last one

Destiny is really making me question how Bungie were the ones who created Halo
>>
>>384762829
Halo was baby's first FPS with less mechanics and weapons to Balance compared to Destiny.
>>
>>384762218
How could one story mission, one strike, and two crucible maps possibly be 50% of the game?
>>
>>384752803
>it's another fps.
>how exciting.
>>
File: 1326148191487.gif (1MB, 266x268px) Image search: [Google]
1326148191487.gif
1MB, 266x268px
>>384756219
>>384753816

Fuck me, prepare for disappointment, pal.
You took the hype train and left earth.
>>
>>384762939

Did you get D1 at launch? It was pretty bad.
>>
>>384762939
Because that was pretty much the case with the destiny 1 beta being a good amount of the content available at launch. Most people seem to forget d1 was pretty fucking empty. Outside of it's story mode it had very very little content.
>>
>>384763276
Seriously they've already confirmed that there is only one Raid at launch.
>>
>>384763317
>>384763336
The Destiny 1 Beta was literally the full game, only with just the Earth content and a single Moon mission available to select. The Destiny 2 beta is a repurposed stage/show floor demonstration build, not really compatible. Its only 15GB, when the full game is going to be over 60GB.
>>
>>384763563
>when the full game is going to be over 60GB.
Get the fuck outta here Bungie. Learn to compress your ridiculous audio and textures. It barely looks better than what Destiny 1 looks on Xbox 360 in terms of assets.
>>
>>384763736
Well Destiny at launch was somewhere between 30-40GB if I recall, so take that as you will.
>>
File: 2de.png (1MB, 673x435px) Image search: [Google]
2de.png
1MB, 673x435px
>>384763736

Not even shilling, but D2 looks insanely good.
>>
>>384763563
so was the destiny 1 beta. Do you not remember them showing off the fucking beta elements at E3 when they announced the "alpha"?
>>
File: 1500444205922.jpg (34KB, 500x366px) Image search: [Google]
1500444205922.jpg
34KB, 500x366px
>>384763276
fuck, someone make something similar
>>
>>384764328
Destiny 1 looked really good too, but Destiny 2 is not an improvement at all asset wise. Model and texture work looks almost exactly the same, there is no improvement to be seen there. The only visual improvements are down to new stuff they added into their engine. Better lighting and weather effects, physically based rendering, better screen space reflections, more particle effects, and those particle effects having neat physics to them as well.
>>
File: 1497654415859m.jpg (45KB, 1024x622px) Image search: [Google]
1497654415859m.jpg
45KB, 1024x622px
>>384753816
>Game is probably going to launch with like 60 strikes and 3 raids.
>>
>>384764624

Texture resolutions are easily twice as good.
>>
>>384764430
Not even close, the Destiny E3 demo was significantly different from what people got to play with the Alpha/Beta builds. When you spawned in to a zone your ship would fly by, hand cannons were secondary weapons, scout rifles didn't exist, pulse rifles used what eventually became the scout rifle base weapon model, sub-classes didn't exist at all, everyone used what would become the hunter knife melee, and the UI was massively different.

It was also shown off an entire year before the beta came out. While with Destiny 2 the beta build is exactly the same as the build that was shown off at the gameplay reveal in May, and E3 in June. It showed the same playable content, the same weapons and armor sets, the subclasses are all the same as well.
>>
Have they said anything about matchmaking or giving more social options?

Or are they happy for people to use a third party site to create a raid?
>>
>>384757315
>I rely on supers/grenade spam and class abbilities to get kills

god i hate d1 faggots, I've been 1v3ing people all night rofl
>>
>>384765051
They added something called "Guided Games" it is sort of like matchmaking for Raids and other end game stuff, but not for full groups of randoms. People who are looking for groups can browse listings from partial groups who are looking for more people.
>>
>>384762734
Bungie didn't want map packs to cost money from day one, MS fought against the idea of them giving players free content because other devs would see that and follow suite, making MS lose out on potential revenue.
>>
>>384765358
Well they did a shitty job of fighting it then. After Taken King came out Bungie made all of the maps from Dark Below and House of Wolves free to anyone with just vanilla Destiny, that's seven maps they eventually gave out for free. With Halo they only gave out Cold Storage and made the first Halo 3 pack free after awhile.
>>
>>384765579
Yeah because the gaming landscape changed over the last 13 years you dumbass. "Free" DLC is a marketing term now.
>>
>>384765767
Not one Activision is very interested in, they literally never give anything away with any of their in house titles.
>>
>>384754720
This video pisses me off. The guy went in wanting to hate it, and came out with deep and edgy social criticisms. People like him are tragic. You can tell that they suffer from apathy and cynicism. It's like /v/, where you're taught not to enjoy a game unless it tingles your special places.

He goes on about how he thinks the encounters are just bullet sponges and that how you choose to approach with with your different weapons and setups are ultimately redundant because the encounter is still boring, and then he goes on to cite Halo bosses as if they're the fucking epitome of design.

Halo bosses were fucking shit compared to Destiny. They were the real fucking bullet sponges. Holy shit. Did nobody ever kill Tartarus? Dual-plasma the Heretic? Triple-tap Spartan Laser 343? Boring, short, unchallenging shit.

They even fucking cite "unique approaches" to dealing with enemies like sidestepping Halo Hunters and one-shorting their backs. THE CABAL LITERALLY HAVE CRIT SPOTS IN THEIR BACKS.

I cannot understand how when you give players more, they feel like it's less. Destiny 2 is one of the most mechanically complex shooters in the genre and I'm getting tired of this "oh it needs better mechanics". Fucking name what you think that entails and then maybe we can talk.

Destiny 2's beta's only problem is it's limited to one mission and strike strike, and 2 MP maps and modes. Other than the social space come Sunday, I think that's all it needed.

New game betas need a wide selection of their features, but sequels seriously only need to sample a small amount. You should be aware by now the sort of thing you're getting.

But in the end he's not better than anyone else, because he said he'll buy the game anyway so he can shit on it. He's clearly good at it and enjoys it. He just can't admit it.
>>
>music is still as good as ever
>pvp massively improved
>guns are finally balanced
What's not to like?
>>
>>384753816
>The final product is obviously going to be much bigger
Except we all know that's horse shit because it was fucking proven how they're handling these games after Destiny 1.
>>
outdated build
slower PvP
PvP weapon nerfs affect PvE (no separate balancing)
underwhelming abilities
ability recharge rate is slow in both modes
fixed armors even though the new armor system reduces rng to 1/3

>>384759365
bullshit
SRs do 71-75% of their damage in PvP compared to D1
and christ do they feel shit in PvE
>>
>>384766217
PVE needs a lot of tweaking, the strike feels very off compared to how Destiny 1 feels polish wise. Ammo drops in particular just feel non-existent, I ran out of either energy or kinetic ammo a few times while running through. Nevermind that heavy never drops ever.
>>
>>384766092
Let me guess, it was BDobbinsFTW?
>>
>>384766423
forgot that missing our dedicated special makes us weak as hell, and no amount of "power" ammo drop improvements will make us that powerful in PvE in D2

"power" weapons in PvE are also very underwhelming
>>
>>384766572
the trick is to use fusion rifles. Cause snipers and rocket/grenade launchers with both absolute garbage when I tried them, but I was shitting out 800-900 damage with fusion rifles.
>>
>>384766572
I can't wrap my head around the rocket launcher. Terrible blast radius and damage, but only one rocket in the tube. The grenade launcher is also a complete joke in both PVP and PVE, it can't be what they intend as it is unusable tier bad.

The sniper is a new super ultra-low impact one, and the previous lowest impact snipers were already worthless in PVE so it is no surprise that this one feels awful too. The shotgun and fusion rifle were really nice though, a huge step up from their Destiny 1 counterparts.
>>
>>384766517
By the way you guessed that so accurately, I take it this is just his bread and butter?

It's so toxic though. I'd like to talk about Destiny without parrots circlejerking about how good of bad it is in general. I just want discussion about the story and the changes they've made.
>>
>>384766217
>pvp massively improved
This is bullshit. It's still a no-skill required ADSfest with no actual good mobility options to avoid incoming damage or make engagements go beyond who can shoot first and maybe pop headshots in 1v1s, or whoever can get a teammate to join them in the fight first. It's completely fucking mindless and skilless for a shooter and it's amazing these people were the ones that made Halo. Fucking Halo 5 has more satisfying gunplay and 1v1 engagements always allow for a multitude of ways to outplay your opponent that go beyond melee this guy first, use your dumb grenades that don't even allow for any skillful bounces, maybe jump in hopes to have the other guy score less headshots than you or simply give in to the inevitability of your death with no options to carry beyond using your dumb powers. The 4v4 format doesn't fix any of the inherent issues with Destiny, that range from map design to weapon balance to even inherent issues with its classes, ESPECIALLY the fucking super abilities that just become even more of a problem with less players running around.

>guns are finally balanced
Because it's a beta and everyone gets the same shit, Bungie isn't dropping the moneymaker that is making expansion-only weapons the meta choice and purposefully making certain weapons far stronger than others in a supposedly balanced arena that still shows level and gear advantages. That's how they lure the retards, and their money, in.
>>
>>384766913
>I want fully fledged discussion about a game that's not fucking out yet
You're a retard. Shocker that someone with a contrary opinion would send you into a tism fit.
>>
>>384766941
>It's completely fucking mindless and skilless
Oh my god, you're such a fucking shitter. LEARN2PLAY.
>>
>>384766941
I disagree, dude. PVP is far better off now.

They've done away with any little edge you can learn to stump less experienced competition. Now if you lose an encounter, it's all on how you approached it.

I clocked in 2000 hours of D1 and learned how to skate as a Titan or bunny hop as a Warlock, but with those tiny leg-ups I had gone, I'm forced to focus on gunplay and strategy.

You can call that casualizing if you want, but I've had some seriously tough encounters with people that I'm sure aren't as experienced as me. And that gives me such a buzz.

Now if I win a match, it's because I outplayed them.
>>
>>384766913
The guy has become entirely dependent on his negative Destiny videos. Just browse through his channel, every non-Destiny video will barely creep past 50k views. While all the Destiny videos will have several hundred thousand plus, its pretty sad really. He's stuck making that very specific kind of content.
>>
>>384767047
>fully fledged
You're the fucking autist. Can't actuallly argue so you've got to put words in people's mouths to win?

What we've been given is enough to talk about where it might go, and compare it to the stakes of D1, which were completely non-urgent in comparison.
>>
>>384766913
>unironically using toxic in a sentence

Way to put yourself as a shill.
>>
>>384752803
thats because the gameplay is objectively shit-tier just like in Destiny1
>>
>>384766941
Changing to 4v4 brings a direct improvement to the map design though. Destiny being split into 3v3s and 6v6s led to maps that weren't very tightly designed. The bulk of the maps were made to try and accommodate both, and basically every problem with Destiny's map design originates right there. A shift to 4v4 only made a clear improvement, the two maps in the D2 beta are a big jump over the average map quality in D1.
>>
>>384766895
RL has a fucking 4 meter diameter radius
I think instead of removing special, they watered everything down, called it "power" and shat on RLs to move them in line so they can then remove heavy
they already removed MGs probably because it would destory everything from close to past mid in PvP
proper crowd control and area damage is removed
>>
>>384767107
>You're such a fucking shitter

I literally stay at the top of the scoreboard in every match I get. There's nothing more to Destiny's gameplay than trying to be precise with headshots in a game that already has ridiculous amounts of aim-assist, and now mobility options don't even feel as satisfying or varied as they did in the first game, which by itself was fucking trash.

Destiny is a shooter for shitters. It's for people who can't actually get good at pointing, shooting and having some semblance of map awareness, and anything beyond that, including skillful movement, fast, perfect shots or even precise hipfiring without ADS/quickscoping to win is way away from their skill range. It's for idiots who believe grinding out a legendary weapon and topping the scoreboards thanks to it and the thirty bucks they spent in an expansion to even get the chance to get it from random loot makes them skillful in any way.

It's a braindead shooter that basically amounts to CoD with ultimates, a barebones piece of shit that has little to no depth to it. Jesus christ, even a casual shooter like Titanfall 2 has more of a skill ceiling.

>>384767142
Yes, but you outplayed them in a very basic sandbox with limited rules that only allows for the most barebones of shooter combat to truly shine. Shooters are about more than just having quick reflexes and approaching a situation properly. What makes me enjoy FPS in the first place is the ability to always come on top of my enemies with good movement, precise shooting and quick thinking, always having a way to get out of an admittedly shitty situation with the tools that are available to me. Destiny 1 was shit due to the random one hit kills and the weapon inbalance, but other than that it could've been an okay shooter, if you ignore the part where it was made by Bungie.
>>
>>384767227
Might come to you as a surprise, but words exist to be used, anon.

I'm not talking toxic like it's gonna fucking drop sales. I'm talking toxic like it's just negative vibes. I'm all for critical discussion, but when you're just shitting for the sake of meeting a viewpoint quota, you're fucking pathetic.

Like I'm really shilling the game. He's literally paid to talk about the game. Even if he's shitting on it, he's still helping keep it relevant.
>>
I enjoyed the beta. It's also pretty important to make the distinction between beta and demo. Demo implies that the version of the game you are sampling is the launch version of the game, while beta refers to a build existing prior to the initial 1.0 version. Bungie has already stated that this is a true beta build, and it isn't even as up-to-date as their in-house copy.

Although I miss how the game felt in Y1 in terms of mobility, I think the changes are going to be for the better. The increased cooldown for abilities was a change in the right direction. There's nothing fun about dying to firebolts that burn too long, or one shot by a grenade that tracked you around a corner. Make people rely more on their thumbskill rather than spamming grenades and melees. And although supers allowed for big play potential, getting killed by a super just isn't fun, because in most cases, there's little to nothing you can do to prevent that death. Anything that makes it so your ability to outplay your opponent is essentially removed, such as supers and one-hit grenades, just isn't fun to play against.

My biggest gripe is that the guns feel off. Although the hand cannon, Better Devils, seems serviceable, it feels incredibly underwhelming compared to my Eyasluna with Hidden Hand or my God-roll vendor Palindrome. Although the pulse rifles feel more consistent than the hand cannons, having strictly used SUROS pulses since TTK, I don't quite like the feel of the pulses, yet. I'm really liking that fusion rifles seem to be great again.

>>384767519
>the thirty bucks they spent in an expansion to even get the chance to get it from random loot makes them skillful in any way.
I can't think of a single instance where this has been true throughout the existence of D1. Can you please be specific with this example?
>>
>>384767693
>tldr PvP
destiny is a PvE game too and those changes affect PvE hard
>>
Feels way too much like another expansion.
>>
>>384767419
Its just a shitty rocket launcher, nobody used the low blast radius ones in D1 either. It only having one rocket just makes it exceptionally shitty. Just like it is a shitty sniper that we have in the beta, that at least gets lots of ammo to compensate. The fusion and shotgun on the other hand show clear benefits from having been turned into power weapons.

The fusion feels like something right out of the massively OP heyday of fusion rifles in vanilla D1, it is a low impact fast charging fusion but can still consistently kill at long ranges and works great for boss DPS. The shotgun feels like a well rolled max impact/range D1 shotgun before any of the nerfs, but it is a lower impact one that doesn't even have any beneficial perks. The new power weapon slot lets the form special weapons to exist in glorious forms, it beats neutering them into the ground to keep them under control like they did in the original game.
>>
>>384767693
>Can you please be specific with this example?
It's just hyperbole, but back when the first expansion for D1 released, if my memory doesn't fail me, a couple of quite fucking broken weapons were only available if you had bought said expansion.
>>
>>384767519
No, you're a shitter. You want pre-nerf Thorn back as well as TLW. You rely exclusively on broken guns to win. I enjoy denying faggots like you a flawless lighthouse run.
>>
>>384767693
>My biggest gripe is that the guns feel off. Although the hand cannon, Better Devils, seems serviceable, it feels incredibly underwhelming compared to my Eyasluna with Hidden Hand or my God-roll vendor Palindrome.

Have you had the chance to try the Minuet? The energy HC? I think you only get it from drops, but the moment I picked that up, I felt like I was using a familiar weapon again. A lot of the weapons do feel really off, and I think it's due to a higher TtK. I can't touch the ARs or SMGs. They just recoil everywhere. Even pulses seem a bit sporadic, though the Omolon feels nicest.
>>
>>384767693
I really like the elemental Suros hand cannon that Titans start with, feels really slick.
>>
>>384767901
What. How do you get that from my post?

I didn't rely on those guns to win. It's just that any sort of multiplayer game that doesn't allow for an even playing field without hours of grinding to be done beforehand, or any where between two players with the same exact skill aren't evenly matched due to some bullshit weapon or numbers, really pisses me off. If anything, I'm arguing that D1 would've been much better if all weapons were the same, with no extra damage modifiers, and any legendary drop you got amounted to nothing more than a pretty skin in PvP.
>>
File: Tohr(You).png (783KB, 1300x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Tohr(You).png
783KB, 1300x1080px
>>384766092
>Destiny 2 is one of the most mechanically complex shooters in the genre
Take this shillanon. (You) deserve it.
>>
>>384767905
>>384767994
That was the one I was talking about. Titans start with it in their inventory. It is the only HC win the beta without explosive rounds, that is a setup I've never really been a fan of.
>>
>>384768101
Name a deeper shooter as an alternative then please because I would love to play it.
>>
Having the same experience with this beta as I had with the first game:
"I wish I was playing this on PC"
>>
>>384768090
Nah I'm just fucking with ya. PvP in D2 is hot garbage.
>>
>>384768101
>>384768207
"Shillanon" here. I second that.
>>
>>384768207
Destiny 1.
>>
>>384768207
Quake Champions
Lawbreakers
Titanfall II
Rainbow Six: Siege
Even DOOM 4's multiplayer

Those are all modern options that have greater depth than Destiny 2.
>>
>>384766092
>Destiny 2 is one of the most mechanically complex shooters in the genre
Please tell me this is copypasta.
>>
>>384767874
we still do less overall damage than what we do in D1 PvE because of the new system move

every "power" weapon should feel near double their equivalent in D1 in PvE because of the change
>>
File: 1489905637169.jpg (33KB, 460x640px) Image search: [Google]
1489905637169.jpg
33KB, 460x640px
>>384753816
>>384756219
It's no small wonder why the industry has taken a nosedive with deluded mongloids like you hyping everything to such a retarded extent. I hope your mom veers into oncoming traffic next time she takes you to gamestop, shit-for-brains.
>>
>>384768123
Really? I find that surprising. Never got into Fatebringer-likes. Was a big shill for the Vanity when it was a thing in TTK. Loved weapons that felt laser sharp. Explosive rounds make me feel like I'm missing all my shots.
>>
>>384767886
>a couple of quite fucking broken weapons were only available if you had bought said expansion.
[citation needed]
Every "broken" gun was vanilla. The Last Word, Thorn, Gjallarhorn, Felwinter's Lie, Pocket Infinity, Hawkmoon, SUROS Regime, and Vex Mythoclast come to mind. I actually can't think of a single time a DLC released a weapon that was significantly better than a vanilla counterpart. Closest would be House of Wolves with Matador 64, which identical to the Felwinter, except it fired one less pellet and did one more damage per pellet, which allowed you to kill with one less pellet. And even then, that wasn't drastic. Hell, even in TTK, when Doctrine of Passing was the meta, you could have just used a Dr. Nope, or Atheon's Epilogue

>>384767865
I'm not seeing that yet because the one strike we have felt miles ahead of any PvE content in D1, save for the raids. In fact, I liked that it seems like they're going to focus more on mechanics for boss encounters, rather than bullet sponges (which made up the majority of strike bosses).

>>384767905
>>384767994
Not really. Mainly used the Better Devils and the exotic that the Hunters get, and feel that the Better Devils is a much better hand cannon than the exotic offering. Actually I haven't done anything on a Titan other than the one campaign mission, which was mainly to test the super. All of my crucible matches have been on either my Hunter or Warlock.
>>
>>384753816
>Demo's are to test the game. The final product is obviously going to be much bigger
Never change anon. It's hard to find pure people that still exist in this world.
>>
>>384768394
The fusion rifle does do massively more boss damage than its counterpart in D1 would, its hard to say exactly how much because the damage numbers are so different, but a fusion being effective at boss DPS at all is a huge step forward for them.
>>
>>384768638
Fusion rifles felt slick as hell in Crucible as well. In vanilla, I used nothing but fusions. Specifically the Purifier VII from New Monarchy or the Pocket Infinity. Fusions in D2 feel like they're at their best since vanilla D1.
>>
>>384768356
I've played Titanfall II, its a fun game but it is not as mechanically complex as Destiny is. D44M's multiplayer is a really shitty Halo clone, and Siege has tons of strategic depth but that isn't quite the same thing. I've never played or looked deeply into the other two so no comment there.
>>
>>384768792
>its a fun game but it is not as mechanically complex as Destiny is
You are beyond help.
>>
>>384768895
I think the problem here is people are big fans of the mixture of gunplay and magic, while those games mainly seem to focus on the former.

It's okay if you're not into Destiny dude. There's no need to feel smugly superior about it though.
>>
>>384768792
I can see the comparisons between Doom and Halo but calling it a shitty Halo clone makes me think you've never played Doom or Halo. The multiplayer was done by ex-Bungie devs, so there is that, but I can't think of a single instance in Halo where I've teleported inside someone then spammed shotguns on another person then picked up a demon rune and wiped their entire team. Doom's pace was nothing like Halo's.
>>
>>384768471
>focus more on mechanics for boss encounters
Great, as if we needed another lootershooter with stupid collective jump the rope as endgame.
>>
>>384768471
Then it's just my memory failing me. Nonetheless, having every meta weapon locked behind a grindwall is absolutely fucking awful in itself.

>>384768792
>its a fun game but it is not as mechanically complex as Destiny is
>Air strafing
>Slidehopping and strafejumping
>Strafe-ejecting
>Grappling properly and breaking the hitreg with speed gains
>Perfect walljumping and wallhopping
>Precise hipfire shooting
>Projectile-based weapons you need to lead your shots with
>etc

C'mon, Kotick, you're better than this.
>>
>>384769020
Buddy, last I checked, D44M's multiplayer uses the Reach engine.
>>
>>384769097
And the Call of Duty series uses a modified version of Quake 3's engine. Your point?
>>
>>384768895
>>384768895
Titanfall's movement does have depth but from the time I played the game I don't really feel it was required at all, what you can do with it is impressive but it is not required to do well. The game was also half dead when I played though so I might not have gotten a full picture.
>>
>>384769218
On PC if you're not fixed to walls hipfiring SMGs you are walking fodder for the better players.
>>
File: 1500252093064.gif (229KB, 500x719px) Image search: [Google]
1500252093064.gif
229KB, 500x719px
I like it, and apparently it's an old build, so the final game will change/will be changed in patches, but given that:

>Cooldowns are long AND Abilities are fucking lame, I don't know why their design is so anti-fun. Why design the game around throwing one grenade per minute.
>Class Homogeneity is still a massive issue and the RPG mechanics are still completely fucked (Seriously, the current CoD games have more RPG depth and character customization than Destiny, and that is not an exaggeration)
>Everything seems to proc of kills and melee attacks which is fucking boring when you're faced with anything besides legions of weak enemies
>Most classes don't flow well and seem incoherent (except Lightning Hunter)
>Warlock is the most fun and interesting by a country fucking mile, and Dawnblade is the best class in the beta

It's pretty, and I love the lore/music/art, but the game still feels dead simple. Again, I can't shake my CoD comparison. It irks me knowing that this game is more shallow than CoD, let alone something like Warframe or TESO.
>>
>>384769009
>mixture of gunplay and magic
>implying destiny has any mixture in the first place
The fuck are you even on about, destiny has even less rpg elements and ability impact on gameplay than a fucking division, let alone warframe or borderlands.
>>
>>384769262
I did play on PC, and I never had much trouble while not doing much with my mobility options.
>>
>>384769136
Sorry, I'll concede the point. Thought you were saying they weren't branched code engines (literally a clone), but I get now you're meaning in terms of gameplay.
>>
>>384769332
>literally has a flaming gun infused with the power of the sun
>not magical
>>
I have over 1.5k hours in Destiny 1. I stopped playing shortly after taken king. Can't even look at the game anymore.
Of course I downloaded 2's beta but I uninstalled it even before getting to Savala.
There is no way in hell I'm putting anymore hours in anything that even remotly reminds me of Destiny
>>
>>384769345
I haven't played Doom since the first wave of map packs, but trust me, if you tried to play like Halo, you're going to get punished, and punished hard. Although you can play deliberately with the Burst (Battle) Rifle and depend on its incredible accuracy at range while ADSing and from the hip in order to engage people at close range, while using your limited frags to help you finish off a fleeing target or to prime a target you're going to engage, the reality is that someone is just going to shoot a rocket at you then teleport either right on top of you or behind you, and shove a shotgun down your throat. Doom's pace is very much hold forward and rip and tear.
>>
>>384769020
To me Doom 4's multiplayer felt like a very similar attempt at an arena shooter-lite type experience that Halo is well known for. Just coming at it from a different direction. I knew it was outsourced but I didn't know it was to ex-Bungie dev studio, that explains a whole lot really.
>>
>>384769465
>visual presentation is more important than gameplay impact
>>
>>384769324
You're fucking Right:

Current Call of Duty
>Primary with 3 max attachments
>Secondary with 3 max attachments
>Up to three Perk 1s
>Up to three Perk 2s
>Up to three Perk 3s
>Character archetype's passive ability
>Character archetypes active ability
>Melee
>Lethal Equipment
>Non-lethal Equipment

Destiny
>Primary
>Secondary
>Tertiary
>Melee
>Jump type
>Grenade
>>
>>384769650
I never felt like holding forward was a viable strategy in Halo. In Doom, however, if you weren't holding forward, you're dead. The pacing of the experience very much defines how the multiplayer is perceived, which is why I can't see how Halo and Doom are comparable, despite being technically similar.
>>
The FoV in this game feels like my character's head is sticking out two feet forward from where it's supposed to be.
>>
>>384769324
>IT'S AN OLD BUILD WE SWEAR
Holy shit people still fall for this
>>
>>384769964
It's demonstrably true though.
>>
>>384769704
Destiny 2 is introducing weapon mods. Not only that, in D1 and D2, instead of selecting a measly 3 perks, you get 4 armor pieces with 2 perks each, plus one artifact with one perk. Then you also have the subclass skill trees. Even without weapon mods, D1 had more customization that CoD.
>>
>>384770020
I'm just happy they fixed the fucking ammo counter from the reveal build.
>>
>>384770132
What about all the other mmo shooters out there?
>>
>>384769704
A bit inaccurate.

For a fair comparison Destiny 2 should be:
>Primary with an array of ~three sights/barrels/perks
>Secondary with with an array of ~three sights/barrels/perks
>Tertiary with with an array of ~three sights/barrels/perks
>Head/Arm/Chest/Leg Armor pieces all with an array of stat mods and perks
>Melee Ability
>Jump
>Grenade Ability
>Super
>Subclass Perk Cluster
>Exotic Weapon/Armor

There are also the Weapon/Armor mod system which Destiny 2 is adding, but we have no idea what exactly those do, how they work, or what level of depth they add if any.
>>
I just hope I don't have to farm for individual shaders for each slot to make up for the lack of grind of weapons since they're set on perks now. Gonna piss me off grinding for a boot shader to match my gun and ship shaders.
>>
>>384770340
You can bet your ass you'll have to grind every individual thing
>>
>>384770340
I would imagine weapon and armor shaders would be separate, but there is no way they will make you grind for individual armor type shaders.
>>
>>384770569
Sweet summer child
>>
>>384770340
good chance of grindy shit unless there is some sort of palette of shaders you put in your inventory that can then be applied onto individual pieces

better chance of there being only a limited number of shaders (less than what you can select) for specific gear so they don't have to add in a palette or some sort of way to swap them out
>>
>>384770635
Have you just not been paying attention at all? Destiny's grind elements have been slowly phased out with each new release. Now weapons and armor don't even have random perk rolls anymore, you manually customize them with mods instead of grinding forever for god rolls.
>>
>>384766423
Why the fuck would you balance things seperately? Damage is already scaled down.
>Get sick Sunshot handcannon
>Literally disintegrates enemies and also has explosive rounds
>take it into crucible
>>W-w-w-we took half your mag, goy! Y-you can have fun with 3 bullets and no accuracy, r-right?
>Gun turns out to be trash
>Because 11 year olds are complaining
I played destiny since House of Wolves and never got what the problem was. However now they can tune weapons individually and not whole archetypes. Now that was a fuckup in d1
>>
>>384770921
>now they can tune weapons individually and not whole archetypes
I never understood this meme. You know that's entirely false, right? Take two seconds to think it through and you'll realize it's literally impossible that this was the case.
How could they have different guns in the same archetype with different damage or rof if they couldn't change individual values?
>>
>>384770921
>Damage is already scaled down.
that's what I am saying
primaries in PvE feel as weak as what they've been nerfed to in PvP compared to D1
a lazy blanket nerf because bungie is using the same engine

don't put blanket nerfs across modes is what I am asking for because PvE feels prolonged now
>>
>>384770921
The issue is when they make changes for PVP that end up making PVE less fun. Biggest example I can think of from D1 is when late into TTK Snipers and Shotguns got their reserve ammo caps cut down, a change made to stop people from using nothing but snipers and shotguns in PVP but it made certain Raid encounters more of a pain to play because you would run dry on special at the worst times.
>>
>>384771194
>>384770921
I think what they mean is that individual weapons now exist as their own specific things in the codebase, while before weapons were all just a stack of modifiers applied to stats of the base archetype that was actually what the game considered you to be using.
>>
File: 1445695675422.jpg (25KB, 321x322px) Image search: [Google]
1445695675422.jpg
25KB, 321x322px
Dawnblade is the best subclass DESU.

>Quickly reduce CDs by popping niggers while lazily drifting through the air (way better than most subclasses where everything procs off of melee and/or grenade kills)
>Shooting while airborne
>Ultimate is spammable AND ranged
>Has the awesome Warlock rifts
>>
>>384758315
So according to you Skyrim is a good game, ok.
>>
>>384771850
Voidwalker is the superior choice
>Mildly unerfed version of blink, combined with the new climbing mechanic
>Throwing a charged up vortex grenade onto a crowded point is a guaranteed multikill
>Only non-roaming super left in the game
>Energy drain for getting grenades back faster
>Has awesome Warlock rifts
>>
File: watno.png (115KB, 268x290px) Image search: [Google]
watno.png
115KB, 268x290px
>>384768307
aAHAHAHA fucking SAVAGE
Thread posts: 181
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.