[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>every MMO thread ever >"MMOS are dead because none

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 4

File: 1500694733200.jpg (356KB, 2272x1074px) Image search: [Google]
1500694733200.jpg
356KB, 2272x1074px
>every MMO thread ever
>"MMOS are dead because none of them are sandbox games!"
>"I want to grind on my own, fuck quests!
>"casual carebear bullshit ruined the genre, full loot PVP is the only way to create a living world!"
>"locked classes are outdated, I should be able to be anything I want by working on my build, skill tree and equipment!
>this shit is released, the basement dweller's wet dream
>nobody talks about it
I hope this means that you fags will finally shut up about this "sandbox pvp" meme.
>>
>>384748446
Is there wenches, waifus or anything that I can smash?
>>
It's meant for tablets and the payment model is horrendous.
>>
>>384748539
You can smash the female characters of other players and steal their clothes. I'm fairly sure this can be considered a fetish.
>>
File: 1497915110952.gif (1MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1497915110952.gif
1MB, 500x281px
>>384748732
Go on...
>>
>>384748446
>click to move
>super fucking slow
yawn. even Exile is better looking than this shit.
>>
>>384748446

> Make the "Perfect" MMO.

> It's P2W.

Why even bother?
>>
>>384748446
>buy to play, subscription, and a cash shop
>also p2w
lol no
>>
>>384748446
Have you seen this game's movement system and combat?

I have. My interest died months ago.
>>
>playing tablet games
>>
File: albion day 3.jpg (2MB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
albion day 3.jpg
2MB, 1920x1200px
>>384748446
>nobody talks about it
because they're busy playing it you fucking faggot
>>
>>384749341
>every video game has to be anime fast to be fun

>>384748716
>>384749506
Gear can't buy skill. It can't buy you friends, or castles or even skill progression.

>>384749529
There is no cash shop and there's nothing wrong with a game having a price tag or a subscription. Luckily it filters poorfags who can't even afford $30 to play a game indefinitely. Yeah I'll really be missing them, what will I ever do without thousands of brazilian and russian children to shit up my game?
>>
>>384748446
>Sandbox
Said nobody ever. Sandbox is much easier to keep supplying content for, but it doesn't make it better.
>Another said nobody ever
>Said nobody ever
>Said nobody ever
>This shit is released and features such an excessively P2W system on top of a $30 entry fee that nobody gives a single shit
Shoo, shill-man.
>>
Albion is a shit game that completely fails to capture what made Ultima Online good

>If you want to make a combat character you have to grind the same 2 Group Expeditions (basically dungeons) thousands of times, have fun goy! Thanks for the $30+tip!
>>
>>384753418
>Bumping a thread you don't like
>>
is this game fun? ive never really played an mmo like wow or guild wars, im down to grind and have interactions with players though.
>>
>>384753547
it's not about the grind, its about how you have to grind with a horribly simplistic combat system where you just press the same 3 buttons over and over. its dreadfully boring

stay the fuck away from this steaming pile of dogshit
>>
>>384748446
>b2p without free 1st months subscription in a p2w game made by russians to run in a browser
no way fag
>>
>>384748446
>>"I want to grind on my own, fuck quests!
Fuck grinding.

>>384748446
>>"casual carebear bullshit ruined the genre, full loot PVP is the only way to create a living world!"

Full PvP just creates a world where you can't interact with other people in interesting ways because the common player is an edgy shitbird. There has to be very strong disincentives to stop people from randomly murdering people and ruining the in-game culture.
>>
>>384754008
The Sub isn't required to play, but is required to play reasonably along with being in one of the major Guilds since everyone will just take all your shit if you're not in one of the truce-pact Guilds.
The Sub is also bought per-character and not per-account.
>>
Fuck off Albion shill, that game is as shitty as Black Desert
>>
>>384748446
Hopefully this meme will die and people will finally understand that WoW is successful for a reason.
>>
>>384748446
Albion's problems are in the design of the world and the progression system. It's so generic that the entire gameplay could just be replaced with a clicker game interface and it would be just as engaging.

The game feels like it has no soul.
>>
>>384755176
It's made by Germans, what do you expect?
>>
It looks and plays like fucking runescape. It's shit
>>
>>384754976
WoW is successful mostly because all the theme parks are the same shit and its continuous users see no reason to drop it when it's the same everywhere and they already have investment in WoW.
>>
>>384748446
>I hope this means that you fags will finally shut up about this "sandbox pvp" meme.- 25 posts and 2 image replies shown.
fuck off, Albion is a mobile game
>>
>>384753418
This.

Albion lacks adventure. From the moment you decide what you want to do you know exactly what you need to do to reach that point. There's no mystery. Everything is so fucking streamlined it feels like a mobile game.
>>
>>384748446
nice runescape graphix
>>
>>384756163
>this meme again
Graphics is one part where they actually succeed. The aesthetic is fucking great and the armors and weapons are very readable so you can tell what people have equipped in PvP.
>>
>>384755678
>Platforms: Android, iOS, Microsoft Windows, Linux, macOS.
uh. it literally is a mobile game.... It' was made from the ground up to be a mobile game. hence the click to move and shitty graphics. It just so happens you can play it on your PC too.
>>
>>384748446
>b2p mmo with 3 tiers of starter packs
literally the red flag of a soon to be dead mmo, every one of these nu-indie-mmos being made have this shit and it's pure cancer, fuck you OP and fuck every shit gurgler that enables these hacks
>>
File: 134214234.jpg (9KB, 191x263px) Image search: [Google]
134214234.jpg
9KB, 191x263px
>>384756572
Yeap. fits it will just be packs then when the hype dies down they will start putting in cashshop shit and pay to win. the first thing out of the game will be some kinda alue pack that gives you increased drop chance exp etc that you have to have to be competitive. Then comes the $20 custom skins etc. They will beat it until its dead as fuck and needs to shut down slowly becoming more and more pay to win as time goes on.
>>
>>384756572
Funny enough they had the founder packs years ago when it was still a relatively new thing. It's just that the game was in beta for like over 3 years.
>>
>>384756794
>pay to win
A reminder that the Sub you can buy right now gives you:
>Enhanced general progression (Fame)
>An extra 4 hours worth of grind you get automatically (Destiny Board points)
>50% more money and Loot in general from enemies
>Faster crafting
>50% more materials from all gathering sources in the wild
>Double drops from farming sources and double animal growth speed
>Pay 50% less taxes on all trades you make
>>
>>384748446
>basement dwellers wet dream
It's just a stupid grinding and open world pvp game. It's a only sandbox in the sense that it doesn't have any content beyond grinding and killing people.

Also, not starting people out with a month's subscription is a fucking crime.
>>
>>384758440
Kek, if that's true then i guess i was wrong they are doing it right out the gate haha. games shit anyways i mean look at it? its for 3rd world shitters that have potato PCs and phones/tablets.
>>
>>384758440
Basically if you want to play you have to get premium which sucks but beyond that there isn't much you can actually P2W for. So it's more like pay to be on the same level as everyone else. Still bullshit. And the game is horrible so it doesn't matter.
>>
>>384758627
Why does every game have to have AAA tier graphics? The aesthetic is fucking great which is why I'm so fucking disappointed the game itself sucks.
>>
>>384752038
>30 dollars filters poorfags

what year do you think it is?
>>
>>384755678
>like amobile game

Because it is. And since its a mmo they know they can get some pcbros to put out their betabux to try 'thenextbestthing' that all mmo players constantly chase after.
>>
>>384748446
>MOBA combat system

this is the dealbreaker for me. can't stand that crap.
>>
>>384759127
It's more boring than a MOBA

typical MOBA game:
>1 gap closer ability
>2 damage dealing abilities
>1 powerful and fun ultimate

Albion:
>1 basic attack on a 3 second cooldown
>1 gap closer
>1 massive damage or utility skill
>movespeed, stealth, and other utility from your armor
>>
>>384748446
This isn't ashes of creation though
>>
>>384758627
>if that's true
It is.
https://albiononline.com/en/shop/premium
>>
is this the game a lot of ex-EVE players were checking out ? I don't remember the name of the game they were talking about.
>>
>>384758736
You act like TRIPPAAA graphics are hard to do these days. You don't know anything shut the fuck up.
>>
Wait, wait - hold one. You're telling me this shit is B2P? It genuinely looks like the typical browser-based f2p mmo.
>>
>>384760048
Yes. It's a $30 minimum entry-fee Mobile game with a P2W (Well, pay to compete with everyone else and a chance to "Win") Subscription that applies per-character, not per-account. The developers also don't listen to their community and outright ignore criticisms or suggestions that don't fit what they want.
>>
>>384758440
>>384758632
>>384758627
>Grow 9 ox's and sold on market for 50k and bought 2 months of membership all in 2 days
>Bought 5k gold for 28 silver and sold at 92 silver

L2Market and make money. Literally paid for muh year of premium in 3 days with silver.
>>
>>384760724
That doesn't change the fact someone had to pay for it, Anon. If someone has to pay for it, there's a problem.
>>
>>384760912
That has nothing to do with me though. DESU I'd get a better deal from gold farmers than buying gold. Like 1m silver for $10. And if you wanna spend $10k on a game to even get near T8 good luck.
>>
>>384759910
Normally I would argue with you. But the fact that it is a subscription based game changes the dynamic and its not at all unreasonable to expect premium graphics from a subscription based game. Its not like this game is Torchlight and being sold for $5.
>>
>>384755301
Like Gothic, huh?
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.