[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It's time to admit that that Dark Souls (ONE) is the worst

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 7

File: 1500667458072.jpg (381KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1500667458072.jpg
381KB, 2000x2000px
It's time to admit that that Dark Souls (ONE) is the worst game in the series. You need stop having nostalgia over a mediocre game that came out only 6 years ago and come to your senses. Yes, I realize that it cured your "gamer's depression", but every entry since it has been better. It's time to end your delusions.

The objective ranking of Dark Souls games (DLC included) is:

DaS2 > DeS > Bloodborne > DaS3 > DaS

If you're going to give your subjective rankings, please don't include meme games like "the Surge" (kek) or GayLords of the fallen.
>>
>>384747065
>bitches about reddit
>uses the word "kino"

kek
>>
BB>DaS>DeS>DaS3>Das2
>>
File: objectivefromsoft.png (804KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
objectivefromsoft.png
804KB, 2000x2000px
>>384747065
Please.
>>
>>384748576
The only answer.
>>
if you think dark souls 1 is worse than 2 or 3 then you are playing these games for the wrong reasons, you are entitled to your opinion though
>>
>>384748576
>if they disagree with me they must be contrarian
miyazakifags everyone
>>
>>384747065
>it's time to admit...
What are you a fucking tech blogger? Fuck off. No one gives a shit about what you think "it's time for".
>>
>>384747065
Swap DaS and BB and you have it right.
>>
God Tier
Nioh

Great Tier
Dark Souls 1
Demon's Souls
Bloodborne

P O W E R G A P

Okay Tier
Dark Souls 3

P O W E R G A P

Bad Tier
Dark Souls 2
>>
>>384748576
This is it.
DaS2 fags need to stop.
>>
>>384748576
yeah, this one is okay with me
>>
>>384748576
Bloodborne is not ludo, as it fails to intelligently marry its gameplay and narrative. Dark Souls links the narrative concept of hollowing with the player giving up their playthrough, which matches the in universe fact that motivation keeps one from losing their sanity. Bloodborne's in universe discription of beasthood is contradictory to the player's experience, as supposedly the more you fight, the closer you come to losing your sanity. The only ludo element of Bloodborne is insight, which lazily measures the PC's mental state numerically and applies changes to environmental details and damage resistance; nowhere near the cleverness of the hollowing/motivation meta narrative in Dark Souls.
>>
>>384747065
This has been debated to death now. >>384748576 is the correct answer, and always will be.
>>
>>384747065
>sucking Dark Souls II's dick

Typical /v/ contrarianism and its dick sucking for the dark horse of a series.

/v/'s list of definitive games would be something like this:

Bioshock 2
Sonic CD
Twilight Princess

etc...
>>
>>384747065
>ds2 is best

this is factual
>>
File: 1499008726911_0.jpg (154KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1499008726911_0.jpg
154KB, 1280x720px
Pure Kino:
Crash 2: Cortex Strikes Back
Crash Team Racing

Timeless Classic:
Crash Bandicoot
Crash Warped

Underrated Masterpiece:
Twinsanity

Rehashed Meme:
Wrath of Cortex

Reddit Core:
Crash of the Titans
Mind over Mutant
Skylanders
>>
>>384747065
could you be any more of an obvious troll? i don't think it's possible, with that post and that image
>>
>>384751954
Crash 2 sucks shit cause of the fucking ice levels fuck off
>>
>>384748576
I would never understand why people praise Dark Souls so much. It always felt like a downgrade to me.
>slow ass combat
>unfinished/rushed more so than a missing arch stone
>muh lore nonsense
>most bosses are not that memorable
>>
>>384747065

I unironically agree with the 3 first tiers.

But dark souls 3 is a good game and dark souls 3 is not trash at all.
>>
Demon's is overrated, DaS2 is underrated, DaS3 is worst but has its moments, DaS1 is classic, Bloodborne is best.
>>
>>384751793
wat? the /v/ contrarianism is shitting on dks2 over the smallest things.
>>
>>384752114
You're welcome to make a better list
>>
>>384752468
Crash 3>
>>
>>384749272
It's a shit title in the franchise that takes the shittiest apsects of the franchise (posion/dark levels, gangbang boss fights, shit boss fights, an obscure story that's somehow more nonsensical than anything else).

The only good thing we're like 2-3 bosses (the one that could eat your gear off gets honorary mention for actually having an original concept) and having some waifu Baits strewn in.
>>
>>384752274
Demon's is WAYY underrated and 2 is way overrated
>>
>>384752234
Metroidvania is objectively the best world design, and because Dark Souls is a Metroidvania, it is a good game.
>>
>>384753365
Eh. I liked the Nexus better.
It reminded me of Megaman.
>>
>kino
>reddit tier
looks the same to me, also
>kino
stop kinofagging threads faggot
>>
>>384747065

I genuinely agree.

I find it easy to go back and play DeS and DaS2 again but for some reason whenever I try to go back and play DaS1 again I just find the game really boring and usually drop it around the Blighttown. When it was novel it was great but it's no longer novel and now it's just kind of meh compared to the others.
>>
>>384751142
Hollowing literally does nothing mechanically.
DaS dropped the ball when it comes to diegetic stuff compared to DeS.
>>
>>384753823
>DaS dropped the ball when it comes to diegetic stuff compared to DeS.

But this is the thing people praise about DaS1 with their "HURR DURR IT DOESN'T SPOONFEED YOU THE STORY, YOU HAVE TO READ ITEM DESCRIPTIONS AND INFER WHAT THEY MEAN!"

On the other hand, DeS is nothing but exposition dumps so fuck that shit too.
>>
>>384754282
>But this is the thing people praise about DaS1 with their "HURR DURR IT DOESN'T SPOONFEED YOU THE STORY, YOU HAVE TO READ ITEM DESCRIPTIONS AND INFER WHAT THEY MEAN!"

No, it's what retards who haven't played DeS or just general low standard plebs say. Almost everything in DaS is a holdover from DeS.

>On the other hand, DeS is nothing but exposition dumps so fuck that shit too.

It has about maybe 2 dumps told from the perspective of an NPC. Dark Souls literally begins with an exposition dump explaining the origins of the game's world.
>>
File: 1489726339116.jpg (59KB, 500x456px) Image search: [Google]
1489726339116.jpg
59KB, 500x456px
>>384747065
>DaS2
>better than BB
Heres your (you)
>>
I love all 6 enemy types in Bloodborne that I get to fight across 50 hours of grey, puke orange and grey-green environments
>>
>>384755023
>>
>>384754815
>Dark Souls literally begins with an exposition dump explaining the origins of the game's world.

So does DeS. Actually it starts with two, the intro and then the one after the tutorial. Half the NPC conversations are also little more than exposition dumps, the other half are characters that From recycles in every fucking game.
>>
>>384755059

why who could forget man with pitchfork, man with torch, or bird?
>>
>>384755269
haha its funny because bloodborne is a bad game

i love dark soils 2 lol
>>
File: 1500667458072.jpg (460KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1500667458072.jpg
460KB, 2000x2000px
>>384747065
Here we go again
>>
>>384755247
>info dump

The CG cutscene at the start has about 2 lines of text telling you nothing beyond man being given a soul and a demon being created.

DaS's intro straight up introduces you to all the big players and the importance of the flame.

>the other half are characters that From recycles in every fucking game.

How can you retroactively criticize DeS for this when this is where the NPCs originate? DaS straight up copy/pasted half of them.

>b-but AC has a generic mercenary called Patch!!

Fuck off.
>>
>>384748576
This. DS2 is the only dark souls game that had two tries to be the best game and still ended up mediocre.
>>
>>384755536

I didn't say anything about bloodborne being bad or even mention dark souls 2

u ok bud
>>
>>384747065
Only lost izalith is unfinished. Is lost izalith half of ds1 now?
>>
>>384755952
They straight up admitted that Ash Lake was nowhere near finished.
>>
>>384756080
Nobody complains about Ash Lake. It's always post-lordvessel that takes the heat.
>>
>>384755727
>The CG cutscene at the start has about 2 lines of text telling you nothing beyond man being given a soul and a demon being created.
>DaS's intro straight up introduces you to all the big players and the importance of the flame.
These are actually equivalent. Both are about what it is that makes man man and who the antagonists are. It's not the fault of DaS that DeS is has less. And you are completely ignoring the monumental's cutscene which, at the least, you should admit has far more exposition than the DaS1 intro and no equivalent exists in DaS1.

>>b-but AC has a generic mercenary called Patch!!
Patches isn't the only recycled character. And they also recycled weapons and items too. And they don't just recycle, some of it is just plain plagiarism. From really should not be praised for this sort of shit.
>>
>>384756225
Ash Lake is shit, plebs just give it a free pass because le atmosphere.
>>
>>384756287
>It's not the fault of DaS that DeS is has less.

You literally said that DeS is full of exposition and now you're saying "it's fine when DaS does it!".
>>
>>384756296
Why is it shit?
>>
>>384756508
It's literally a tiny corridor with some shite items in it, an NPC with no dialogue because they never finished him and zero unique enemies.
>>
>>384756446

No, what I said is that initial establishment of the world of DeS involved less than it does for DaS because it's world is "smaller". What there isn't less of in DeS in total though is exposition.
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (74KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
74KB, 1280x720px
>>384753365

open world games are overrated by modern players. the only thing dark souls has going for it is the lore and that it is open world, and history will not remember the game well.

demon's souls and bloodborne will be remembered as the definitive members of the pentilogy
>>
>>384756704
Nope, what you said was "DeS is nothing but exposition dumps".
>>
>>384750173
Nioh has easier bosses than souls game but gives the player 100x as much power. I one shot everything except frog man and frost lady in the game.
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (1MB, 2000x800px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
1MB, 2000x800px
>>384756296

dark souls as a whole is shit, the game was completely unfinished, and because it was being published by bamco, they weren't given the time or resources to polish the scraps.

both demon's souls and bloodborne were partly developed by japan studios, which is sony's A-list development studio, and you can tell. both games had cut content just like dark souls did, but they actually had the time and resources to polish them so much that it's almost impossible to tell.
>>
>>384747065
>how to spot a rearblasted sonygro
>>
>>384756835

It is nothing but exposition dumps. The fact that the first of many is two sentences long doesn't change that.
>>
>>384747065
>Best level design and enemy placement.
>Best designed boss battles with a handful of exceptions (Bed of Chaos, why you gotta drag everyone else down by association?)
>Bosses don't rely on gank mechanics to be threatening or challenging.
>Most memorable characters and bosses.
>Best lore and plot.
OP confirmed for shit taste.
>>
>>384757538
>The fact that the first of many is two sentences long doesn't change that.

Two sentences don't make a dump.
>>
>>384747065
DaS>BB>DaS3>DeS>>>>>DaS2
dark souls has the most shit to do in it, combat is worse than bloodborne but the build variety, lore and characters, covenants, non-linearity, environment variety, and everything else make it near perfect. i've literally never seen the 2nd half is bad meme outside of /v/ and saying that it's bad because you suck shit at BoC is retarded
BB has the best gameplay but little variety in environments and no build variety, but its well designed all around except for chalice dungeons
DaS3 has great gameplay and great build variety but the environments are all the same as DaS1, the game is too linear, and you get objectively the best armor for most of the game really early on. some things like equip load were also dumbed down
DeS has great atmosphere and music but its really lacking in build variety because you get a lot of weapons and armor but a lot of it is shit. the ability to do 4 different areas after boletaria is pretty interesting but the swamp gave me AIDS. a lot of cool and unique bosses but i just don't enjoy it as much as DaS1. i'd probably like it more if i didn't play it on my dying ps3
DaS2 is dogshit, it plays like trash and every level is >that< level. but it has the best build variety in the series, has the best NG+, and tried to do something new with the story. its a shame the core gameplay sucks dick
>>
>>384756287
> And they don't just recycle, some of it is just plain plagiarism. From really should not be praised for this sort of shit.
Did you mean to suggest that FROM plagiarized themselves?
>>
>>384757752

how idiotic do you have to be to believe most of what you listed is even remotely true?
>>
>>384759568

Are you suggesting they don't plagiarize Berserk? Or DnD? They don't even try to hide it.
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.