[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>there are """people""" browsing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 18

File: 1497598789684.jpg (167KB, 690x460px) Image search: [Google]
1497598789684.jpg
167KB, 690x460px
>there are """people""" browsing this board right now who have beaten Dark Souls using sorcery/summoning on their first playthrough
>you're supposed to discuss video games with their kind
>>
Never done it myself, but doesn't that buff the boss and if killed make the bass a lot harder?
>>
>>384740342
>not wearing only the calamity ring and soling the entire game using your bare fists without rolling or blocking once
fucking casuals I swear
>>
>>384741176
It only gives them a little bit more HP.
>>
I like playing as a wizard, fuck you. Summoning on the first run is truly filth though.
>>
>>384740342
I've never used magic in Dark Souls. Is it actually good?
>>
File: 1402458859670.jpg (18KB, 1018x518px) Image search: [Google]
1402458859670.jpg
18KB, 1018x518px
>there are (((((people))))) browsing this board right now who have beaten Dark Souls using rolls on their first playthrough
>>
There are people one this board RIGHT NOW who took damage on their first play through of dark souls.
How do these scrubs live with themselves.
>>
>>384742448
No, you have to spend even more stats for damage that isn't even as good, the only good thing is weapon buffs.
>>
>>384742448
Only time I've stuck through with one in any of the games is Pyromancy. Faith and Int builds just feel like too much of a slog, and are boring as fuck to use.
>>
>>384742448
Once you get to the point you can use the soul spear you shit on everything pretty quickly.
Str+Fai is the build of champions.
>>
There are people in this thread RIGHT NOW who have not beaten the game blind on their first playthrough. Disgraceful.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmmqarQRSSE
>>
File: S T A B I L I T Y.webm (3MB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
S T A B I L I T Y.webm
3MB, 1024x576px
>>384740342
>Muh MLGkid benchmark
People like you ruined Souls.
>>
>>384742448
Its the most op shit but its hard to do the required stats and normally I dont even bother.
>>
>>384740342
>hurr durr muh summons/invasions
Play with champion covenant and intensity 5 you fucking homosexuals
>>
>>384740342
>waaaaah he didn't play the game the way I think he should..... waaaah
>implying the shit sorcery of DaS3 is OP and not Dex Melee...
It's not DaS1 anymore, anon.
>>
File: very shit.png (440KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
very shit.png
440KB, 640x480px
>there are people who replay games that don't have a mission select option
>>
>there are """people""" browsing this board that looked up starter guides prior to their first playthrough
>>
To this day I have never used sorcery/faith in any Souls game. Is it fun in any of the games?
>>
File: (You).jpg (62KB, 435x427px) Image search: [Google]
(You).jpg
62KB, 435x427px
>Playing Dark Souls
>Not playing it how you desire

Fun wasn't ever allowed I don't know why I'm so surprised.

Strength builds are best by the way, for both a healthy challenge and roleplaying purposes.
>>
File: washing pole.png (756KB, 1439x1734px) Image search: [Google]
washing pole.png
756KB, 1439x1734px
>>384740342
>tfw learned basic sorcery to kill capra demon
i feel bad for the swordcucks who were to dumb to learn how to cast magic arrows at that guy
Although I did get him melee-only in the second playthrough after I wrecked my way through Demon Ruins
>>
>There are people who use features in a game
IMAGINE
>>
>>384742683
>there are ((((((((((Jews))))))))))) on here who've beaten dark souls using items on their first playthrough
t. Beat capra demon on first DS1 playthrough by lobbing fire bombs over the fog gate
>>
>people struggled with the capra demon

jesus christ just use the stairs
>>
>>384740342
sorcery has a much more difficult start than any other build, tens of thousands of souls in investment early on makes you really underleveled with a setup that already lacks damage

it doesn't even start to shine until after O&S
>>
>>384750320
obviously, the real issue with the fight is the first 10 seconds which decides whether or not you killed the dogs in time
>>
>>384740342
>there are """people""" browsing this board right now who have beaten Dark Souls
you coulda stopped there bruddah
why would i slog through a poorly made game where every criticism of the game's sometimes rough trial by fire approach is met with "git gud"
>>
>>384749045
>STR builds
>challenge

You can cheese it by spamming rolls and stunning everything you see with ultra greatswords.
>>
>>384750851
You're right, you shouldn't slog through it.

Go play Demon's Souls instead. Slog through a shorter, less infuriating version with arguably more interesting design.
>>
File: ysorigin.png (17KB, 934x70px) Image search: [Google]
ysorigin.png
17KB, 934x70px
>dark souls is hard!!!!

tell me when you can do this soulskid
>>
>""""people"""" who """"play"""" """""""video games""""""
>>
File: 1443830731706.gif (1MB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
1443830731706.gif
1MB, 300x225px
>>384750980
Only tryhards use strength builds that fast roll, medium and fat rolling make any playthrough more interesting and difficult. That's also why I mentioned roleplay, being a realistic knight with less than optimal gear and a set of limitations is the most fun I've had with the souls games, PvE and PvP.

My first playthrough was a fat rolling Golem Ax user who was fully clad in heavy armor and used the greatshields as I found them, and I rolled very infrequently as you could guess.
>>
>>384742448
faith is good, i put my summon sign down a lot and i can crank healing spells and have really op weapons with lightning damage
>>
File: IMG_0415.png (61KB, 264x375px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0415.png
61KB, 264x375px
>panicking the first time the Taurus demon drops in front of you
>figuring out what the fuck humanity does
>beating O&S for the first time and getting the warp ability
>escaping seaths dungeon
>discoverig the painted world
I wish I could forget and do it again
>>
>>384742448
in dark souls 1, 44 int with the proper gear will allow you to <4 shot just about ang boss in ng with dark bead/crystal soul spear
>>
>>384745767
>playing dark souls 2
>>
>WAAH YOU'RE PLAYING DARK SOULS WRONG! PLAY IT MY WAY OR DON'T PLAY AT ALL!
And this is why the Souls fanbase is cancer.
>>
>>384752237
>Not playing every game in the series
I'm only guilty of being near completely ignorant about 3, but all of the series, yes, even Bloodborne, are enjoyable.

I will say 2 ruined fashion souls by making too many ugly similar colored sets instead of sticking to complimentary color pallets.
>>
File: 1415129686167.gif (814KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
1415129686167.gif
814KB, 300x225px
>>384740342
I did this shit, motherfucker. And I regret nothing.
>>
>>384752347
every fanbase is cancer. every fan base in existence be it games, tv shows, films or music since the dawn of time, is absolutely cancer. get that through your thick fucking head.
>ugh this fanbase is cancer
every fucking thread about anything on this fucking website.
>>
>>384740342
>s-stop having fun wrong!!
>this is a hard game only for real gamers like myself
>>
>>384740342
>somebody played a game differently than I would
> H-how d-dare they have their own opinions, fucking f-filth
>>
>>384752436
2 ruined everything by not being a serviceable souls game

everyone would be better off to never suffer the misfortune of playing that abortion
>>
File: 88891.gif (2MB, 400x285px) Image search: [Google]
88891.gif
2MB, 400x285px
>>384740342
>there are """"people"""" who think Dark Souls is hard
>>
File: 1486731832375.jpg (29KB, 430x350px) Image search: [Google]
1486731832375.jpg
29KB, 430x350px
Why do DaS2's Vitality and Adaptability exist?
Why did DaS3 keep DaS2's Vitality?
>>
>>384751313
believe it or not, midrolling is its own meta because of the sheer AR, defenses and poise you can stack with it

tryhards definitely midroll as well, they're just more difficult to find
>>
>>384750042
That's still legit. Demons Souls and Dark Souls are the only ones anybody should have had a hard time with, people who think they're good because they played the games out of order should an hero
>>
>>384750713
Wrong. You can immediately rush to blighttown to get the red armor and spear catalyst that one shots hollows.
>>
>>384753069
Demon's was my first and I've always thought it was the easiest

most fun as well
>>
>>384753337
that catalyst is one of the worst in the game

you might one shot hollows in burg with it but your damage is going to immediately fall off afterwards
>>
>>384753489
By then you've already saved the vendor and are on the path to just soul arrow everything. Magic is easy mode and bumping int doesn't take long since it's all you need.
>>
File: 1458737408742.gif (1MB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1458737408742.gif
1MB, 400x400px
>>384752628
>2 ruined everything by not being a serviceable souls game

What a bunch of senseless rhetoric, Dark Souls 2 tried to do its own thing and some of it worked.

It felt more floaty, it had worse hitboxes for certain spells and animations than Dark Souls, it didn't fix wall clipping issues, and it ruined poise.

It also added more variety in combat, interesting lore that wasn't directly tied to throwbacks, really cool armors and weapons, arguably the best DLC, and covenants that for the most part didn't die out in the first year of release due to in-game limitations.

Every game in the series is fun, and 3 is the only game that I can't say that for sure about.

People who act like 2 is terrible never really liked the series for what it was, just a few polishing touches that Dark Souls implemented. That's my opinion anyway.

Go whine about how bad it is to people who actually ignored good aspects of it, because I and many others noticed that it was a mixed bag, just as the rest of the series is.
>>
>>384740342
Literally me. Magic is fun, fag. Besides, it's hardly different from playing a knight that has some pyromancy or a bow. I ended up using an enchanted longsword and shield for the vast majority of battles. Sorcery is really just there so you never have to spend five minutes waiting for enemies to get in melee range, like the butterfly boss.
>>
>>384753041
I can believe that, but its more difficult than being able to completely nullify damage in the first place with invincibility.

Also I mentioned that midrolling due to self implemented restrictions is why I found mid-fat rolling so enjoyable, I could easily min-max any build to mid roll in full giants with a lighting rapier, but wearing hardened leather with knight armor and solair helm whilst using a non-elemental Zwei with evenly spread out stats was far more fun because of the challenge.
>>
>>384753354
All those unique bosses and mechanics. Now everything is a shitty DPS/roll race and obscure lorr crap.
>>
Wince this is a dark souls thread
Gael was a fitting final boss to the souls series.
>>
on my first playthrough i didn't summon
i also didnt kindle bonfires or upgrade my flask... granted, it was because i didnt know u can. but i dont still, based on principle. its more challenging not doing that. but summoning in general can go suck dick.
>>
>>384742448
if you use a guide and know what spells to buy, when and where and where to invest points, it makes you OP beyond reason, but it kills the fun of hte game cause instead of rolling and dodging, you're just walking and spamming spells
>>
>>384753337
in the same amount of distance from the start you could grab gravelord sword or astraea short sword

ass is easily the worst straight sword in the entire game but it would still be able to rape hollows in burg better than a +0 longsword or broadsword, and easily one shot them

does that make it a good or lasting weapon? of course not

magic requires you to pick up a bunch of spells that range from 1000 - 6000 souls a piece and a 20k ring, not including other gear

if you go sorcerer, you have the lowest base vit, end and str in the game, and you're going to be under leveled compared to any other start

it's a harder start for an easier endgame
>>
>>384753764
>people who liked every other title but hated 2 never really liked souls for what it was

that's a nice opinion, but i'm going to completely discard it now
>>
>>384740342
I played pure sorcerer on my first run of 3 and it was tons of fun though. Lots of extremely close and exciting kills.
>>
File: 1461946486361.jpg (378KB, 1000x709px) Image search: [Google]
1461946486361.jpg
378KB, 1000x709px
>>384753023

>Why do DaS2's Vitality and Adaptability exist?

Vitality exists because endurance was a stupidly overpowered stat. Breaking its components (Stamina and Equip Load) into two separate stats was a good idea.

Adaptability was a misguided attempt to rework Resistance into something useful, but tying invincibility frames to a stat is a bad idea.

>Why did DaS3 keep DaS2's Vitality?

A thoughtless holdover. It was a good idea to split them up in DaS2, where poise was still a powerful tool, and vitality was essentially the only way to get lots of poise without becoming overencumbered. In DaS3, poise sucks, so reintroducing Endurance as a stamina/equip load stat probably would've worked. They wanted to keep it because they thought the change in DaS2 was a smart one (it was,) but didn't realize that it didn't mesh as well with the new way that armor worked in DaS3.
>>
File: 1447381302167.gif (78KB, 300x182px) Image search: [Google]
1447381302167.gif
78KB, 300x182px
>384754706
I noticed how you had no actual counter argument.

that's sad, considering you seem so adamant about your opinion.

Its like saying that you like water, but HATE flavored water, even though its nearly the same thing.

I'm not saying you can't have that opinion, but I will say that you offer no reasons to think your opinion is anything other than "My feelings trump actual dissection and analysis of this topic".

Dark Souls 2 is my second favorite souls game and I played them in chronological order, only a willfully ignorant person would think dark Souls is good and Dark Souls 2 is bad, they are practically the same in most ways that matter other than what I already laid out for your lazy ass.
>>
>>384753023
I miss poise. Even fucking Nioh does poise correctly.
>>
>>384755827
you mean just pure hyper armor based off of an armor stat?

i've always thought the best implementation of poise would be gradually increased attack frame hyper armor based off of an armor stat, but no souls game ever implemented it like that
>>
>>384753354
Honestly I see your point but I had zero clue how stats even worked and I was always able to summon some asian
>>
>>384753354
Demon's was my first as well and I can agree its the easiest, but that's due to its simplicity compared to later installments if you ask me.
>>
>>384756092
>you mean just pure hyper armor based off of an armor stat?
At the cost of a decent roll? Hell yeah.
>>
>>384756408
i just think you can get significantly more powerful compared to the other games

e.g 52 hp/sec regeneration
>>
>>384756757
Magic especially is so useful in Demon's, or even movesets when you break it down.

Greatsword moveset is literally "I swing my sword anything withing visual range gets knocked down".
>>
File: Quit.jpg (22KB, 512x448px) Image search: [Google]
Quit.jpg
22KB, 512x448px
>>384740342
Fuck off, the NPC summons add a desperately needed sense of plot to the game and no boss is hard enough for it to be an accomplishment to refuse to summon for them. You got swept up in the SO HARD marketing when Dark Souls came out.
>kids who think they're too good for Ostrava of Boletaria and Solaire of Astora expect to be taken seriously
>>
Ive never once used magic in my playthroughs (2-3 each) of ds1/2/3
is it fun?
>>
>>384756092
If I'm wearing full plate armor, I shouldn't be staggered mid attack because someone tickled me with a feather.
>>
>>384740342
Summoning is really the worst, it doesn't even count as playing the game as you can just walk around as the phantoms kill everything for you.
>>
>>384740342
I haven't even played Dark Souls. What do I win?
>>
>>384755138
>Adaptability was a misguided attempt to rework Resistance into something useful
It's more like just an extra stat to match a caster's attunement.
One of the biggest balance issues in 3 is how they handled attunement and magic in general, melee builds are just ridiculously efficient in comparison. It's part of the reason why the meta level is still so high, play as a sorcerer in low level PVP and you'll see how unfair it is when STR builds only need some VIT, END and 26 STR to function as a late-game build.
At least if they had to invest in ADP to get decent rolls it would be more balanced.
>>
I didn't like Dark Souls at all the first few times I tried to play it. The furthest I ever got was to the depths before I got bored of it and uninstalled.

Then my friend co-opped with me through the entire game, and I had much more fun, even though he was a veteran, but he kept himself under-leveled so as to not ruin my experience totally.

I played through Dark Souls 2/3 and Bloodborne without summoning or cheesing tho, am I still cool?
>>
>>384740342
I pirated dark souls and didnt know you could summon until after i beat it
Thread posts: 78
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.