[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How the fuck did Sega, a company that was on the verge of bankruptcy,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: dreamcast_12.jpg (165KB, 1700x1000px) Image search: [Google]
dreamcast_12.jpg
165KB, 1700x1000px
How the fuck did Sega, a company that was on the verge of bankruptcy, make the greatest console of all time?
>>
Sega is a god tier company
>>
>>384737165
Was is though..?
I've heard this a few time before but never with explanation. Is it too late to sell me on it?
>>
Honestly I love sega so much. They're the best!
>>
Why do you think they were on the verge of bankruptcy
greatness doesn't come cheap
>>
>>384737165
The Dreamcast was trash:

1) Small library
2) Internet not used by most games
3) Terrible controller
4) VMU not used by most games
5) Hardly any games supported four player
6) Cost of controller + VMU was too high

The only reason people like it was a handful of original IPs, which were franchised terribly and for the most part, died on this console.
>>
>>384737309
It had a lot of good arcade ports but was buried by PS2 hype, plus pirating games was ridiculously easy
You could get some blank cds and spend maybe 20 bucks renting stuff and be set with almost all the great games
>>
File: dreamcast.webm (2MB, 2048x1102px) Image search: [Google]
dreamcast.webm
2MB, 2048x1102px
>>384737309
Saw this on /vr/
>>
File: 1500483343811.jpg (37KB, 270x276px) Image search: [Google]
1500483343811.jpg
37KB, 270x276px
>>384737740
>RUSH 2049
>those tracks
>that stunt mode
>them wings
>the gauntlet
wew, I know what I'm playing tonight
>>
>>384738845
You only truly realize how great the Dreamcast was when you revisit all the games you played and they're all fucking great besides Sonic Adventure.
>>
>>384737740
pretty image
>>
>>384737740
That's a fucking cool WebM not gonna lie.
>>
>>384739843
SA was great, just didn't age well, actually, it aged terribly, better play SA2
>>
The d-pad is garbage.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.