[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Be honest, is this a good game? I heard it wasn't that good...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 5

File: The_Evil_Within_boxart.jpg (21KB, 295x336px) Image search: [Google]
The_Evil_Within_boxart.jpg
21KB, 295x336px
Be honest, is this a good game?
I heard it wasn't that good...
Is it worth 5 burger bucks?
I'd need to get the Season Pass which is also ~5 dollarydoos

Evil Within Thread
>>
It's a very good game shat on by RE oldfags and /v/ kiddies who see "Bethesda" and blow a gasket.
Get it.
>>
>>384731717
Do you know if they fixed the PC port? I heard it was rough on launch
>>
File: 1467906711186.jpg (50KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1467906711186.jpg
50KB, 640x480px
>>384731635
its a great successor to re4. but you HAVE TO play it on pc. it is fucking atrocious on console. and make sure you have a decent pc.

superb atmosphere and really fun game. and im an RE oldfag. sick game.
>>
Best RE game since RE4
>>
>>384731635
It has its moments and I really like the premise, but I feel it's a bit, unfocused in terms of gameplay and story?

I think it's worth a playthrough at least if you're a fan of the genre, but it does devolve a bit into drawn out shooting galleries nearing the end.
>>
>>384731635
Definitely worth the money. If you like Resident Evil 4 you should absolutely play it.
>>
>>384731859
the only thing wrong with it is the memory leak problem. that is, when you exit the game, it keeps drawing memory from your system as if it's still running. so you'll need to restart after each session.

not sure if they fixed this. i played through the game about a year ago, and this problem was still there.
>>
It's like RE4 but not as good and if it ran like shit on everything.
The base game is alright for five bucks.
The DLC is almost entirely stealth based when the stealth is so basic mechanically that it can barely even be called a stealth "system". I wouldn't recommend it
>>
>>384732149
>I wouldn't recommend it
I heard it fixes the plot-holes / fixes the story of the base-game.
Is that that case?
>>
>>384731873
whats wrong with the console version?
>>
>>384731859
>>384732109
I wanted to buy this game during the sale but I'm glad I didn't. I pirated it first to see how the latest build runs and it's the weirdest as shit ever. There's no way to turn off Vsync in-game and the game doesn't scale to my monitor when I set it to fullscreen and my native resolution (4k). Image just blows up and becomes huge. I had to switch it to windowed mode in order to get it to scale properly which was bullshit. Uninstalled it and never looked back. Only got as far as the main menu and options screen.
>>
File: 1465011197514.gif (2MB, 236x367px) Image search: [Google]
1465011197514.gif
2MB, 236x367px
>>384731635
I had fun, but I had my problems with it. Melee just wasn't fun at all for me, it really turned into, smack twice and run away from the counter attack at the beginning. I think I'd be a lot more into it if it had something along the lines of RE4 and RE5's melee system.

I also broke it by going full in on Harpoons from the get go since I didn't bother with the other weapons, trivialized the game but in an entertaining way. I would not have bought it full price, but for 5 bucks sure why not.
>>
>>384731717
Complete opposite. RE oldfags love TEW. The RE4+ kiddies are the ones that hate it.
>>
>>384732261
I don't know if I'd say that, just finished it and raises more questions.
For anyone more clued in I got a few questions.
What is Mobius and why do they have magic powers?
Why the hell is Sebastian's wife working for them?/spoiler]
>>
>>384732586
Is that a fact?
>>
>>384732750
Maybe they'll address any additional questions in the sequel?
>>
>>384732472
wow life is so hard isnt it
>>
>>384732298
dismal framerate and horrible borders on top and bottom of the screen that cutt off a lot of screen space, presumably because consoles arent capable of running it full screen. basically the same case as re4 on gamecube. it is fucking terrible.

>>384732472
i ran it in 1080p60 no problem. the problems you mentioned can be changed in the ini file.
>>
>>384732983
Nah, it's just my experience with the game that I wanted to rant about. Damned shame too, game looked pretty fun.

>>384733038
>the problems you mentioned can be changed in the ini file.
Is that right? Maybe I'll dive down and give it another go in the future. Admittedly, I didn't bother to even try looking for a fix, my bad. I just wasn't in the mood to troubleshoot and fix some bullshit at the time, I guess. Thanks for the heads up anon.
>>
File: IMG_20170611_162903963.jpg (3MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170611_162903963.jpg
3MB, 4160x2340px
its a great game
>>
>>384733728
Seems like a pretty game, visually speaking
>>
>>384731635
most people that hate the game is because of the story and characters
I understand the characters complain tho, they are bland and stereotype af but they dont really make the game bad per se neither does the story
I really don't understand the story complains tho is not even the main focus in any game thats really a new thing now that games are trying to be more like movies (which i think is wrong)
The most important things in a game usually are gameplay challenge and atmosphere(setting, ambient) which evil within did pretty well
my only complain is the ending
Also, people tend to forget that some games aren't trying to be the best game ever
>>
>>384731635
I didn't really like TEW but for $5 I'd say go for it, there are enough good bits sprinkled throughout to make it worthwhile.
>>
I like it but it took a few chapters to really hook me.
>>
I thought it was pretty good when I played it, but looking back it was pretty fucking great.

The first chapter is horrendous shite that appeals to on-rails scripted horror fans...but unlike RE7 it doesn't stay a trainwreck after the handholdy parts.
>>
>>384731635
For five bucks? Yeah, I'd say so. It has its flaws and it's pretty unfocused but it has plenty of good moments too. If you're interested, I did a review on it:

https://youtu.be/ggMPpv7eRvo
>>
>>384733728
why havent you taken the black bars off?
>>
>>384731635
You'll either love it or hate it.

It's very polarizing. It has some cool setpeices and encounters, but it's all over the place in terms of consistent quality.

Narrative is "good" but the way it's presented in game is fucking retarded. Characters are boring. Mechanically, it's very interesting, but it can feel like garbage if you don't know what you're doing.
>>
You either hate it or you love it. Most normies couldn't get past the first few chapters and it has a steep learning curve.
>>
>>384732026
Oh hell yeah it's unfocused. It jumps from stealth to open combat to fucking turrets and back again. It's a really odd game in this sense but the pros outweigh the cons.
>>
>>384733728
I think that's something everyone can agree on. It looks pretty damn good.
>>
Given the consensus I'm getting from this thread, I can certainly see why people are excited for a sequel. If they fix the issues people had with the first game, Evil Within 2 could be GOAT
>>
>>384731635
it's pretty good game.
Even though you play as... not Leon.
>>
>>384735138
It's odd that the intro was basically a stealth tutorial and then the game decides that it doesn't actually want to do stealth all that much. I wouldn't be surprised if Tango pitched the game to Bethesda and they responded: "Sounds great. Throw in some stealth and a turret and you've got yourself a deal."
>>
Where are you getting it for 5 bucks? Can't find a sale anywhere online.
>>
>>384735751
That what I was thinking while I played it. There's a lot of potential but none of it is quite realized. Hopefully they don't fuck up the sequel.
>>
>>384736102
GreenManGaming
>>
>Kidman was recast

Yayyy

>Sebastian was recast too

Oh...You know, Anson Mount is a shitty voice actor, but I got a kick out of his performance, more than I could say about Jennifer Carpenter.

Also, fuck Chapter 2 on AKUMU. I'm sure I know exactly what to do, but it's being precise that's the issue. I'm glad AKUMU does more than just raise HP/lower damage however.
>>
>>384736001
>"Sounds great. Throw in some stealth and a turret and you've got yourself a deal."

This is exactly what it feels like
>>
>>384736857
Chapter 12 hurts to play. I'm just glad it lasts all of 10 minutes.
>>
>>384736185
Slick. Thanks anon. Got a bunch of my other steam wishlist games for under 10bux too.
>>
>>384731635
Playing through right now OP, Chapter 7

>Im the biggest pussy there is but so far the game doesn't seem too scary. Chapter 6 got me with that chase from that Spider-Girl
>Great graphics, however performance isn't great. Dips quite a lot, thankfully I'm not a sperg about it
>gameplay is the typical TPS nothing new
>very samey current AAA game mechanics if you know what I mean (stealth, X to One-Kill, Crafting)
>Boss range from spongey tier to good
>Perhaps the most unfocused game you'll ever play. Changes location so much (hospitals, catacombs, castles, facilities, basically a checklist of every horror setting), not a very coherent explanation to whats going on.
>Game goes from a cool stealth "'horror"" game where you search around houses for supplies to a shooting gallery
>character interaction is very awkward. Game is written as if you already know them and their chemistry already

Very odd game. Seems like they didn't know what kind of game they wanted to make (cater to the RE or RE4 fans) and they tried to do both. But not a bad result in the end. Good so far and gonna play it right now.
>>
>>384737368
They DIDN'T know what game they wanted to make, considering TEW was the third version of their horror title.

1. Noah, a sci-fi shooter
2. Zwei, a vampire hunting game where you played as two hunters chained together
3. The Evil Within

And you can probably guess that the crossbow didn't originate from TEW, but the earlier rendition.
>>
>>384737205
No problem anon
Seems like they've got some decent deals going on right now

Still don't have the niche shit that I have on my steam wishlist

>>384737713
>Zwei, a vampire hunting game where you played as two hunters chained together
This sounds awesome
>>
>>384732472
>There's no way to turn off Vsync in-game
there is
>>
>>384737862
They went away from vampires because Mikami was told they weren't very cool anymore.

I'm not going to link to it because it's Polygon, but Mikami did a really good interview with them for TEW that's worth checking out.
>>
File: 354762.jpg (39KB, 391x386px) Image search: [Google]
354762.jpg
39KB, 391x386px
>7 hours into game
>find out burning corpses isnt there to make sure they stay dead
>>
>>384737713
>And you can probably guess that the crossbow didn't originate from TEW, but the earlier rendition
That actually explains a lot.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.