[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articl es/2017-07-17-the-fanboy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

File: Mario Rabbids.jpg (455KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Mario Rabbids.jpg
455KB, 1280x720px
http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2017-07-17-the-fanboys-making-the-next-mario-game

>"When the game leaks, no one is happy," Soliani says. "Also, let's be honest, the reaction at the beginning was not 'sceptical' - it was a little bit worse than that. It was quite hard on the team morale to read some of those comments. I asked for Grant's opinion, [since he] has way more experience than me. 'Do you think they will love it? Do you think they will hate us? Do you think that we've done everything wrong?' I was very, very worried. Because, you know, people on the internet can be very, very, very harsh."

>Grant continues: "Davide was completely panicking. I kept saying to him not to worry and that everyone was going to love it."

>That's why Soliani had warned his team to prepare for the worst at E3. His best hope, he tells us, was that someone would think, "It's OK for a strategy game". A good result would be to come away with one E3 Award nomination.

>Yet from the moment Miyamoto took to the stage, it became clear that Soliani need not have feared. The reception was strong, and when the Nintendo legend called out Soliani's name on stage, the camera panned towards the tearful Ubisoft creator. People liked the game after all, and Soliani's emotional reaction turned him into a meme.

Say sorry to this man!
>>
>>384707161
I feel bad for making fun of this now
>>
we had a few threads about this

davide is an awesome guy and the game will be great
>>
>>384707161
What the fuck were they thinking with fucking RABBIDS bullshit
>>
Sounds touching, but who? What?
>>
File: unbelievable.png (4MB, 2176x1224px) Image search: [Google]
unbelievable.png
4MB, 2176x1224px
>>384707348
>>
>>384707332
>I'm 12yo and I must hate a vidya charater!!!!111111
>>
It's still Ubisoft and it's still gonna be a mediocre game at best.
Fuck that nu male crying at E3, only goes to show how much of a baby he is.
>>
>>384707653
you're wasting your life posting awful baits on an image board
>>
>>384707161
Yeah but fuck this shitty game right in it's unnecessary cross-over ass.

Literally. I'd buy it if it wasn't cancered the fuck up with the WORST part of Ubisoft [actually that's unfair. Assassin's Creed is their biggest tumor]. Why couldn't we just have a Mario strategy game with Ubisoft co-developing? Why fucking DESTROY it's appeal with Rabbids?
>>
>>384707762
nothing wrong with rabbids
>>
>>384707348
Some retard from Ubisoft who made it a personal mission to get Nintendo to let him put Mario in a Rabbids game.

He cried when the theatre full of shills and retards applauded his game. I almost guarantee nobody would have applauded without Miyamoto making an appearance onstage to help push it.
>>
>>384708104
Everything wrong with Rabbids actually. They're a who gives a fuck spinoff series from the only Ubisoft IP that actually matters. they've had maybe 1 or 2 good games out of more than half a dozen appearances.

Nobody likes them and to put them next to Mario in a game is like putting Mickey Mouse next to Jimmy Neutron
>>
>>384708253
many people like them. I like them. nothing wrong with mario-rabbids crossover. game looks phenomenal. anything else? how old are you? 10?
>>
File: noke.jpg (4KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
noke.jpg
4KB, 225x225px
>>384707161
Reminder that Ubisoft makes shit games on Nintendo consoles, Rabbids have been in arguably 2 good games out of a sea of shovelware, and Ubisoft holds the crown for Post-E3 downgrades.

This game was destined to be shit and we'll be lucky if it's on par with the Mario and Sonic at the Olympics games.
>>
rabbids were what caused all the negative reaction.

They were proto-minions but failed to get mass appeal and just crowded out any fun in the games they forced themselves into. They're unfunny heaps of shit that take over whatever they're in.
>>
>>384708421
Good for you.

> game looks phenomenal
Actually it looks distinctly underwhelming. Kirkhope's music is somewhat unsurprisingly generic trash and the gameplay doesn't strike me as superior to any other similar strategy games.

Not only that but the Rabbids don't seem to have actually ADDED anything to the game at all in any way whatsoever. Replace Rabbids with some sort of new original race of Mario enemies and it's the same fucking game.

Miyamoto got bamboozled by Frenchmen. That's all it is.
>>
>>384708253
are you implying that Jimmy Neutron is a literally who character? Fuck you you underage faggot
>>
>>384708789
I'm implying he's had like ONE movie and a little TV series. I like Jimmy. Don't get me wrong. He TV series was excellent. Loved it.

But be serious for a minute. He's NOTHING compared to MICKEY- FUCKING-MOUSE.
>>
File: THREE RABBIDS.png (352KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
THREE RABBIDS.png
352KB, 640x360px
Reminder that this fucking happened.
>>
>>384707161
I wouldn't have hated on the people who made this game-- just the game itself. I reserve that for people who make errors like Sakamoto's handling of Samus in Other M or Inafune fucking up Mighty No.9
>>
File: Capture.png (1MB, 751x844px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
1MB, 751x844px
Haven't had any interest in Nintendo for decades now but when I saw this face during the presentation, I could tell he was anxious as fuck to know how people would react to the game. Rabbids is some horrid shit but I'm glad that the game is well-received and things worked out for him.
>>
I hate the rabbids, but not enough that I hate the people for making this game. Maybe the people who greenlit it, but not the people who worked on it.
>>
>>384707161
I hate the Rabbids but the game does look good. Plus it sounds like the developers really care about the fans' opinions, which is better than a lot of teams.
>>
File: 3296.png (161KB, 950x450px) Image search: [Google]
3296.png
161KB, 950x450px
>>384707161

Ubisoft is a shitty company that releases buggy unfinished mess and whose employee are perpetually engaged in twitter drama, i honestly don't think there is any actual human working for that shitshow of a company

Rabbids and mario are two things that are completely different in tone that just shouldn't mix, the whole way the game is trying to market itself as "hip" by having jokes like "ahah princess peach rabbids takes selfie of herself" is pathetic and just tell me they think their audience is stupid (it is)

If mario wasn't involved no one would give a fuck proving once again that nintendo fanboys will eat anything up as long as the nintendo logo is there
>>
>>384707161
The real culprit is Emily Rogers.
>>
>>384711285
>Mario and Servbots

I would actually play this
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.