[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How did you post-rationalize your decision to buy and play Mass

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 7

File: an.jpg (121KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
an.jpg
121KB, 1024x576px
How did you post-rationalize your decision to buy and play Mass Effect: Andromeda?
>>
I don't
>>
I just try to forget
>>
>>384689938
I pirated it and it's fun. Better than 1, 2 and 3 at least.
>>
I didn't buy it, just played it.
If it wasn't as glitchy and if Bioware hadn't outsourced their animation to that Romanian or whatever studio, it would have been my favorite out of the franchise.
>>
i can find good things in this game
>>
>>384691657
Basically this.
Also I got my ~300h playtime out of it, so the money wasn't completely wasted
>>
>>384689938
I don't have to because I didn't buy this dumpster fire.
>>
>Buy
>>
>>384689938
I saw the hardcore fanboys saying the facial animations were the only issue and the gameplay was fine, which is kind of was, I beat the game twice and got the platinum.

Also it seemed to be a similar situation as AC Unity, because both Ubisoft and EA are hated by reddit and both Andrometa and Unity had bugs emphasized on release, but I thought Unity was one of the better Assassins Creed games.
>>
>>384689938
cute turian girl
>>
>>384689938
Bought it for the online. Played it for a week. Went back to Warframe.
/blog
>>
>>384689938
I'm a huge ME fan, I remember when I first got immersed in the series and fell in love. As such, it was really difficult for me to slide it aside.

The way I looked at it, the animation issue wouldnt bother me much cause I still played games like Fallout, as long as the writing was there.

But oh god did I make a mistake, I kept trying to convince myself that this wasnt cringey dialogue or my character wasnt a total idiot but I coudlnt. I gave up in Kadara, felt like a chore to play and I ended up getting Persona 5 instead.
>>
>>384692578
yeah i don't blame you
also sam is basically a god and makes you one
i wish the main character didn't have any family at all either
they went wrong with the main character which is the most important part
>>
Worth getting once it'll be 5-10 bucks and I'm not hungry on that day?
>>
File: 1482182344319.jpg (67KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1482182344319.jpg
67KB, 633x758px
>>384689938
I had buyers regret. Combat is competent outside of all the fights in the overworld. I should have known, /v/. I should have known.
>>
>>384693071
They should've stuck with the paragon/renegade system. Now we may have more ways to answer, but they forgot to add any asshole options for us to use. Hell, it's not even about being an evil bastard, but simply being able to tell someone to shut up would've been a good start
>>
>>384689938
I pirated it and still felt robbed.
>>
I only played it because a friend bought it and we do the Xbone game share thingymabob. Got bored almost instantly after landing on the snowy planet, don't actually remember the names of any of the planets, the game was just so soulless.
>>
File: masseffect.jpg (9KB, 215x73px) Image search: [Google]
masseffect.jpg
9KB, 215x73px
>>384689938
ended up getting the deluxe edition, even then, I enjoyed it
>>
I couldn't. I wasted not only sixty dollars but also forty hours of my life

The only good thing about it was the sex scene with the blonde who had dyke hair
>>
>>384694037
The combat did get better incrementally
Me3>2>1, never experienced MEA combat but everyone says its great.
Shame about the ending. It could've been the best game series of them all.
>>
File: 1492542689306.jpg (105KB, 398x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1492542689306.jpg
105KB, 398x1024px
>>384694051
The writing for the PC is fucking terrible, almost every unexpected siuation has the PC second guessing themselves. 'Gee what do we do now guys?' 'Oh golly hope I'm good enough to be the leader' Christ they literally looked at everything that made shepard good and flushed it down the toilet.
>>
>>384691796
>300 hours of Mass Effect Andromeda in 4 months
Maybe not your money, but I can assure you that your time was wasted.
>>
>>384694517
sam help help
>>
>>384693225

Definitely, the combat alone is fairly decent. Fun for enough time to justify that kind of price anyway.

My main issue is knowing that my money is going to Bioware. One of the few games i would pirate and really not give a fuck but i just never do it.
>>
File: effect.webm (985KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
effect.webm
985KB, 1920x1080px
>>384691598
This and quadrant 3 or related webm. No regrets.
>>
>>384694257
You mean Voeld. It's the planet where I finally started hating the Angara. They act all grown up with their little resistence, but the only reason they're still alive is that the Kett have to capture them alive and somehow don't realize how easy it would be to boycott the planet's orbit with their huge fucking fleet and starve them out
>>
>>384694234
I was considering pirating it but i don't think it's worth the hard drive space.
>>
>>384694429

Cora? Dyke hair is a bit OTT it's just short. She's no Miranda but i'd still love to bang her.
Didn't make it far enough for any romance unfortunately
>>
>>384694517
So much this. Shepard could be a badass leader if you chose the right dialogue.
I just cringed out every time Ryder made any speeches in what i played of andromeda
>>
>>384694517
I think it could've been a nice development how our hero is pretty useless without Sam and realizes it over time, but other than that it was horrible character design. Especially those moments after the team meetings when nobody gives a shit about Riders authority and the writers thought it necessary to add those sitcom like moments where Rider awkwardly talk to him-/herself afterwards
>>
>>384694530
Oh yes...4 months... I didn't touch the game since May
>>
>>384689938
I pirated it, but never installed it. I don't even know if I still have the .iso or if I deleted it already.
>>
>>384689938
Single player is garbage. I don't know if I'll ever beat it considering they're taking ME out back and shooting it, but I am still playing the multiplayer at least once a week. At least they didn't fuck that part up too bad.
>>
>>384689938
for this cutie https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtwJ1GBgY3U
>>
>>384689938
I'm a huge Mass Effect fan.
Purchased Andromeda day one. Played over 78 hours of it.......and it indeed wasn't very good. I decided to trust Bioware, and got burned. Lesson learned.
While the game isn't good, it is nowhere near as bad as /v/ makes it out to be.

Pros
>combat is best of the series
>good variety in powers and weapons
>jetpack is nice new addition
>some of the environments look great

Cons
>pretty much everything else
Story is shit.
Animations are indeed janky as Fuck, probably the worst of any Bioware game ever. The cast is completely forgettable. Exploration is boring and tedious. Way too many fetch quests (90% of the game are fetch quests).

Overall it deserved the Metacritic score it got, because it is a 6/10 game. Not horrible, just painfully mediocre in every way. Last time I buy a Bioware game at launch if not ever.
>>
>>384695581
I would buy it for the multiplayer but by the time it'll be less than 20 bucks i don't think there will be any playerbase left.
>>
>>384696039
>good variety in powers and weapons
u wot m8
>>
>>384696039
stop now, bioware will only hurt you more and more. you're young, you havent seen what they've done.

or you're just blind, but i hope you're just young.
>>
>>384696275
I know man.
Been a fan since KOTOR, and loved pretty much all of their games until DA2. It all kinda started to turn there. But I keep going back and trusting them.
>>
>>384696262
You can make some nice builds when it comes to biotic/tech powers. However the combat skill tree is useless. There's only 2 powers that don't use a consumable and of it can be "upgraded" to use them instead of a cooldown.
>>
>>384696039
>Combat is best in the series
>Good variety in powers and weapons

Nigger you better be trolling. Combat is barely ME1 tier, and not being able to control your teammates powers removes a lot of tactical decision making in firefights. All the equipment sucks because all the bonuses are so small as to be statistically insignificant. You can literally do the entire game with the starting equipment and have the same experience.
>>
>>384696783
There is a total of 1 good shotgun and 2 good sniper rifles (technically 1 if you want to actually headshot)
>>
>>384691302
fpbp
>>
>>384696908
Never tried to defend weapons. Yeah, I never really bothered with shotguns after a few missions with my Vanguard build, but I remember at least 2 good sniper rifles for headshots from my Infiltrator playthrough
>>
>>384696198
Don't be so sure, anon. ME3's multiplayer still had some people playing months before Andromeda came out. The game has leaderboards, so there will always be autists who cling to it, and that also means that whenever you get around to playing it, a majority of the players will be 10k+ APEX rank and can carry you through gold straight away. Also, some anon yesterday was saying that at the FUCKING GAMESTOP he works at, a used copy of Andromeda is like 12 dollarydoos, so you could probably find itnfor less than 20 bucks right now. I say the game is worth 30 bucks for the multiplayer alone.
>>
>>384697331
I got a million weakpoint/damage boosts on my Black Widow and it still can't fucking headshot. Enemy scaling is retarded
>>
>>384696558
kill yourself
>>
>>384689938
I pirated it because I wanted a Tommy Wiseau space adventure
>>
>>384697450
Tactical cloak + Infiltrator profile gives you enough damage bonus to one shot normal enemies (at least in your first playthrough, never tested it with a game+)
>>
>>384691598
There's a crack for this?

How is it compared to DAI?
>>
>>384698018
Andromeda doesn't have denuvo anymore. It's been cracked for months now
>>
>>384698018
Other than its not worth playing either, it runs ok.
>>
>>384698018
>How is it compared to DAI?
It's in space and you have guns
>>
I played the free version for 7 hours before giving up. I was actually planning on buying it first since it was 50% off, but I was just bored most of the time. It wasn't straight terrible tho...just boring
>>
File: Mass Effect 4.jpg (2MB, 886x6129px) Image search: [Google]
Mass Effect 4.jpg
2MB, 886x6129px
>>384689938
I open my picture gallery and search for this image.
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.