[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>he hasn't modded GTA IV beyond recognition with realism

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 10

>he hasn't modded GTA IV beyond recognition with realism mods

Seriously I just got into this shit 2 days ago and I'm having a fucking blast. Basically I have turned the game from a boring and ridiculously easy steaming pile of shit into a modern Mafia 1 with a modern setting except it's quite a bit more unforgiving than Mafia 1 gameplay-wise. My heart rate is jacked and my palms are actually sweating during missions because the realistic weapon damage mods I installed only let me take a few hits before I die which leaves very little room for mistakes. I can put an assault rifle round through the torso of a police officer and he dies instantly. It only takes 2 well aimed body shots to incapacitate someone with the 9mm pistol if they're not wearing body armor. I've got realistic arsenal mods that only let me carry 2 firearms. A heavy one and a smaller sidearm. If I carry any firearm that can't be easily concealed (only handguns are easily concealable) they will be stored in a duffel bag that automatically appears on Niko. If it's a lighter firearm like an MP5 it will be stored in a backpack. Heavier weapons make Niko run a bit slower so there is now a reason to use lighter firearms. I also need to store large amounts of cash in the bank or the same duffel bag will appear and the weight of the money will slow me down. If I die with cash on me I will lose it. I've got a mod that makes the cops pissed off if they see me break traffic rules or brandish a weapon and they will try to get my ID. If I refuse to stop I will get a 1 star wanted level. If I lose a large wanted level there is a chance a cop will identify me if he sees me doing suspicious shit like climbing and sprinting or having a banged up car. If this happens I will regain the same wanted level that I previously lost. This effect goes away after a while. The duration of this effect depends on the wanted level I just lost.

tl;dr this shit is fucking DOPE. If you liked Mafia 1 you're gonna love this shit.
>>
Can#t be bothered installing all of that shit.

Just upload it to mega or something.
>>
>>384683028
You're missing out. But that's actually a good idea. I might compile all of the good realism mods in the future and upload them for easy access.
>>
>>384682935

Sounds awesome anon, especially all the duffel bag stuff.

Could you make a quick list of the mods you're using?
>>
>realism

yeah nah
>>
>>384682935
>It only takes 2 well aimed body shots to incapacitate someone with the 9mm pistol if they're not wearing body armor.

lol 9mm
"realism"
>>
Does it stop people from calling you?
>>
>>384684147

That's only your reality anon.
>>
File: 1473140659912.gif (760KB, 600x313px) Image search: [Google]
1473140659912.gif
760KB, 600x313px
>tfw not compatible with patch 8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1o-ojTM6tCE
>>
Coincidentally, I'm reinstalling GTAIV right now and was thinking about what mods to install. What's your mod list OP? I might check them out.
>>
What mods let me enter more buildings and reaccess the Majestic rooftop
>>
>>384683135
Would be cool if you did. I'm about to restart gta 4. Or could you at least drop a list of the names?
>>
>>384684712
http://www.gtainside.com/en/gta4/mods/54644-cutscene-interiors

You can get to the Majestic rooftop either with a regular trainer with teleportation scripts or by landing a chopper up there.
>>
>>384683289
>>384684492
>>384684927
Here's the list of all the script mods that I'm running. They run great together. I haven't had any problems with them.

"ArrestWarrant" for the stuff I mentioned about the cops and wanted levels.
"BankAccount" for the money related stuff.
"WeaponWeight" for the duffel bag stuff.
"WeaponStorage" for storing weapons in your safehouse for later.
"Pickups" for the reworked inventory system.
"DeadlyWrecks" for making car crashes fatal so that you can't just drive like an asshole all of the time.
"RealReload" This script stops you from constantly reloading your weapons because any ammunition in the discarded magazine will be lost. Your weapons won't automatically reload when you cycle through weapons like they used to. Makes the shootouts a lot more fun.

These are all by the same guy called AngryAmoeba. I think you can find them all on gtagaming but they are also hosted on other sites. I've got more realism mods installed but they don't have as much impact on gameplay as these so I won't go into them.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoZ5S5Uowio
This is the damage mod I'm using. You can easily tweak it to your liking with notepad. I actually changed the max ammo carrying capacity to make it more realistic. I basically thought about how many magazines you would realistically carry in a duffel bag among with a bunch of other shit before it gets impractical.
>>384683380
You try returning fire after you've had 2 9mm rounds slice up your inner organs.
>>384684147
Unfortunately not. Just hang up on the fuckers. They don't give you any real benefits anyway.
>>384684712
There are mods for that. I don't have them installed though.
>>384684485
Other ENBs for patch 8 can look just as good. The reason everything looks good in that video is the modded high res cars and the road textures.
>>
>>384685084
t. AngryAmoeba
>>
>>384683380
>I don't live in reality

You're either a crackhead or fucking retarded if you don't think being shot two times even with a 9mm is gonna down somebody.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfQZeAIHg3s
Also, this is the weapon sound mod that I'm using. Some of the weapons sound pretty mediocre but I really like the pistol sounds and the Micro UZI sound. The pump action shotgun is my favorite.
>>
>>384685084
Good shit anon, perfect timing with this. I was literally starting my download right as I saw this thread. Thanks
>>
>>384682935
Even with mods it still has horrible pop-in and shitty handling. They also don't make the missions any better.
>>
>>384685280
Lol I knew people were going to accuse me of shilling but if you try this shit out you'll realize that his mods are fucking solid and there aren't really any alternatives to them AFAIK.
>>
>tfw no amount of mods would add friends that've reached a certain threshold calling you to tag along on a mission they think was a bad idea
The thing with Jacob was great but it didnt happen again
>>
>>384685280

>t. AngryAmoeba

Yes, some random modder is going to come along and shill his shit 6 years after making it for literally no reason whatsoever.

kys
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKBgfN6be8Q
This is the car handling mod that I'm using. This crazy bastard has modified every car in the game to handle just like it's real life counterpart or at least as close as possible.
>>
>>384685438
>>384685628
All me
t. AngryAmoeba
>>
>>384682935
How much redoing missions have you been doing from taking a stray shot frm somebody you didn't see, or taking stray shot when you're outrunning the cops or something? That's the only place I could see this getting frustrating.
>>
>>384682935
That sounds extremely awesome. I always play GTA 4 in a more realistic way (I always use only my pistol or a shotgun) and have perfected the shooting that much that I can clear levels without getting hit once, I probably download it, thank you for the recommendation.
>>
>>384682935
Sounds boring. But if you enjoy it ,then more power to you.

I still enjoy the vanilla experience.
>>
>>384682935
Post screens or GTFO
>>
>>384683380
You're a fucking moron, do you know that?
>>
>>384686897
Oh wait they're not graphics mod sorry nevermind
>>
>>384682935
You should upload some gameplay on youtube. I'd like to see it all in action before I attempt this.
>>
I only played GTA4 on console.

But, modding it does sound pretty juicy.

Is there a good car shop mod? For like, nitrous, and paint jobs, and tire/wheel changes?

I'd love to see what could be done to those Sultan's.
>>
>>384687546
Probably not that would require a shitload of work to implement
>>
>>384682935
nice pasta
>>
>>384686109
About 4 times and I'm about a quarter through the story now. If you're careful as fuck and use cover to your full advantage you can survive massive firefights and walk off with some pretty damaged body armor but full health. You need to be defensive when dealing with the cops. Never stay in one place and don't let them flank you. You've got a massive intelligence advantage over them so use it. You will still massacre cops like crazy except you're mostly firing at them with single shots instead of full auto. It looks cool as hell when they drop after 1 shot to the body with the assault rifles. Stay the fuck away from police roadblocks. Try to get as much cover from the air as possible because police helicopters are now a real threat to you especially if you're not carrying an assault rifle. You really have to plan ahead when moving on foot during a police chase. You should try getting into a 6 star police chase on foot in the Manhattan inspired part of the city. It's a VERY unique gaming experience. The only thing I hate about weapon damage mods is the fact that cars start burning really quickly when they get hit. I need to check if there are any mods that make bullets kill the engine instead of setting the piece of shit on fire. If it's too difficult there are mods that let you adjust Niko's max health and body armor. I think it's 4 times the amount of pedestrians by default. 4 times is hard enough with the damage mods installed.

I've been roleplaying as a Serbian terrorist getting revenge on burgers for the bombings for a couple of times now and I'm still having fun.
>>
>>384687546
>Sultan
>Not best car Voodoo
>>
>>384682935
I can confirm that realistic weapon damage mod greatly improve the base game. It was the first thing I put into it and now I just can't play the original.

Too bad there's nothing to do with money and little to none character customisation.
>>
>>384682935
I would but it runs like shit with too many mods.
>>
File: 17348285885480697856.jpg (129KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
17348285885480697856.jpg
129KB, 1366x768px
>>384682935
Played with basically the same mods you have in 2015, really the best gta if you mod it this way in my opinion, the realistic vibes in story also hepls with this.
How is the modding situation right now? Can you install 1.0.4.0 mods on the newest version?
>>
>>384682935
>no reddit spacing

stopped reading there
>>
>>384689049
I've got a i5-4670k and a gtx770 and it's runs really well with max settings and CryENB V3 installed. My game version is 1.0.7.0 which has the worst performance out of them all.
>>384689476
Not really sure. AFAIK most compatibility issues are ENB related.
>>384689654
How dare I make my OP look more attractive to the eye so that it gets as many reads as possible? I only separated the greentext and the tl;dr anyway. It would have looked like shit if I kept it all in one block of text.
>>
>>384685084
>not having Realistic Driving and Flying
y though, it makes the game 2x better. You drive half the time in the game and default handling is really fucking bad. Since you're going for realism, installing the realistic deformation one is a must, two bad crashes and your car is fucked. The best thing is that it also doesn't break the game, you can still complete the story without any issues, i did atleast.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYs2zTGqRPA
>>
How many shots does it take to take down your armor?
>>
>>384690247
I do have it. I should have mentioned it in the OP. It makes the driving so much better. I love how easily the cars get deformed but I would like the engines to be more sensitive. Right now I can keep driving even though the front of the car looks like a metal cauliflower.
>>384690506
I would say about 3 with the assault rifle. Most deaths are from letting the AI get close enough to unload a whole magazine on full auto. They can't shoot for shit for the most part so it's all good. Most deaths are from not being aware of your surroundings and letting the enemy flank you. I recommend playing with headphones.
>>
>>384686676
None of you in this thread probably have a blind shooting fix that adds weapon spread when shooting blind from cover, there is huge spread if you play with gamepad but when you're on k/m your shots are laser accurate.
>>
whats the best graphics mods? how good can you get it to look and smoothly run?
>>
>realism mods

But I like having fun
>>
>>384690820
Is it the one where you just put 1 asi file into the GTA4 directory? I have it.
>>384690835
I think the best graphics mods are the ones that you yourself configure to suit your preferences. I like modding but I'm simply not enthusiastic enough to get into doing that stuff.
>>
Why not just running it 144fps instead of 30 with dips for 5% visual quality gain?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jb0AZphQcQs

here is the comparison, the mod looks like shit anyway
>>
>>384691019
Fun is subjective, anon. Realism may not be fun for you, but other anons like them.
>>
File: 1478419118426.jpg (6KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1478419118426.jpg
6KB, 250x250px
>>384691019
>GTA without realism mods
>fun
>>
>>384682935
any mods that fix the traffic spawn patterns? i always see cars spawn in clusters instead of dispersed naturally. its awful on highways to see clusters clearly loading in between gaps of nothing. it even happens with density at 100 for me. i havent even mentioned how the same cars spawn way too frequently. if i find 1 infurnus i can find 10 parked around the next corner
>>
>>384682935
>>reddit
>>
>>384691548
>i havent even mentioned how the same cars spawn way too frequently
also there's a taxi bug where the traffic becomes nothing but taxis if you install one too many car mods. Post what graphics mods you are using OP
>>
>>384691064
I don't remember, maybe. I can't find console/pc comparison but here's the one with the fix i think:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXQ6mfN-8s8
>>
>>384685084
>can't drive like an asshole in Liberty City
what's the point?
>>
>>384682935
Did that 5years ago had fps mod ice enhancer texture mods it was mazing
>>
File: sa.jpg (620KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
sa.jpg
620KB, 2048x1152px
>>384691161
Because it's not always 5% gain.
That said, anyone knows anything new on vosswar's enb? He haven't announced anything new for like a few months now.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uN71W_Ke9M
>>
>>384691197
>GTA can't be fun without realism
you obviously haven't played VC or SA
>>
>>384692672
>VC
>SA
>Realistic
>>
>>384692573
Yeah he said on twitter that he finished a couple of weathers but still has a bunch more left. Overhauling every weather in the game takes time I guess.
>>
Anyone tried LCPDFR? I installed a bunch of mods and it became super clunky
>>
>>384693517
>you
>reading comprehension
>>
File: 1500209966109.gif (565KB, 147x154px) Image search: [Google]
1500209966109.gif
565KB, 147x154px
>>384685314
>You're either a crackhead or fucking retarded if you don't think being shot two times even with a 9mm is gonna down somebody.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArDRg5SkuT0

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1986_FBI_Miami_shootout

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkWgp2abM2w

https://www.liveleak.com/view?i=9fd_1499286996&comments=1
>>
What is the best patch performance wise? 1.0.4.0 or patch 8?
>>
>>384695776
1.0.4.0. It has worse looking shadows than the newer patches though.
>>
>>384695501
>1986 FBI Miami shootout
that name alone sounds cool as fuck
>>
File: msk.png (448KB, 354x672px) Image search: [Google]
msk.png
448KB, 354x672px
>>384695501
>a very rare and exceptional examples of a police officer with a body armor and a retired USMC veteran high on adrenaline taken out of thousands similar cases.
Wow, you sure showed him pal.
>>
>>384684217
Kek'd
>>
Can you even run all the realism mods at 60fps without owning a render farm level of ram on a 1080? Remember that one taxi drift that was a silky 20.
>>
>>384697453
They aren't changing anything graphically, i have no idea why you think it would lower your frames anyway.
>>
File: shittygoogleimage.jpg (50KB, 441x653px) Image search: [Google]
shittygoogleimage.jpg
50KB, 441x653px
>>384695501
How about you shoot yourself with a 9mm?
>>
>>384695997
Do you happen to know a torrent for gta4 1.0.4.0?
>>
>>384697786
I searched for one myself and couldn't find one. I heard that there are downgraders out there. Maybe you can try your luck with those.
>>
anyone got a link to the pickups mod? I'm pretty sure the archiving of gtagaming.com has it lost.
>>
>not just installing the carmageddon mod
>>
>>384697786
Search for Grand Theft Auto IV-Razor1911
>>
>>384695501
I laughed posting what I did because I knew you'd come back with some super hyperbolic rare exception examples as a retort.
>>
Also can we use this thread to talk about gta v mods too? Are there any must have mods for V? I want to play them back to back.
>>
>>384682935
Realistic damage mods only work well if there is another mod that drastically reduces the accuracy of enemy AI. They should not hit you if you are a football field away running in a zig zag line. Accuracy should also be determined by the characters. ie. cops more accurate than thugs, SWAT more accurate than cops, etc.
>>
>>384701005
I wouldn't doubt there is a mod like that, I'm looking for it but no luck.
>>
friendly reminder that the most important GTA game to mod is GTA SA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XESrzw62rlQ
>>
>>384698785
https://www.gtagaming.com/pickups2-0-f23960.html
Here you go. Sorry, I fucked up earlier when I wrote that mod list. Didn't notice that this mod isn't made by AngryAmoeba.
>>
File: 1490667281113.jpg (72KB, 600x992px) Image search: [Google]
1490667281113.jpg
72KB, 600x992px
>>384703250
ay man, thanks for giving a loner like me something to do on a Friday
Thread posts: 84
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.