[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>five days until pic related gets released on PC and Xbox

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 4

File: wehappyfewbanner2.jpg (269KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
wehappyfewbanner2.jpg
269KB, 1920x1080px
>five days until pic related gets released on PC and Xbox One

Anyone here will get this?
i will
>>
>>384681636
not anymore since I just realized you know about it
>>
>>384681636
How much have they added in terms of content? I'm trying to find a comprehensive list, but no luck. Is there actual purpose for me to play in the world now? I really want to like this game, but why would I buy it over dont starve subnautica or the forest?
>>
released(released) or released(early access)
>>
File: 1451784783418.png (53KB, 298x415px) Image search: [Google]
1451784783418.png
53KB, 298x415px
One of the most recent examples of why you should ALWAYS stay skeptical until gameplay footage comes out.

>trailer paints it as some neat 1984-esque adventure shooter in the same vein as Bioshock
>it's actually ANOTHER fucking open world survival game with crafting
>>
Isn't it out already? I remember people talking about it for like three days and the interest dying off almost immediately.
>>
>>384681636
That is a terribly charismatic duck, hmmm that gives me an idea
>>
>>384682043
If this game was $5, it would be fine, but $30? No way.
It's a basic survival game and can get pretty bland after an hour or so.
>>
They made it look so good from the trailers but I lost all interest at OPEN WORLD SURVIVAL CRAFTING.

This game is going to be played by eCelebs for a week thinking its a horror game then fade away.
>>
>>384681908

QFT
>>
>>384681908
>open world survival game with crafting
What the fuck is wrong with everyone.
Why is this shit so popular?
It just seems like there are hundreds of these games and people still want more.
>>
>>384681908
God this. I was actually interested in 1984 the game until I saw that it was a britbong crafting sim
>>
>>384681636
>>five days until pic related gets released on PC and Xbox One
You mean 1.0?
>>
>>384681750
>the forest
just get off v
>>
>>384681819
It's been in Early Access for over a year I think. I assume it's actually getting released.
>>
Who said about 5 days? I see no info.
>>
>>384681908
I was really interested in it by the trailer, but then this shit. open word survival crafting is such a massive tumor on video games.
>>
>>384681908
I remember people straight up telling me it was gonna be like Bioshock. My friend bought the game and I still feel like just playing it was a waste.
>>
File: 1378580228137.jpg (35KB, 467x434px) Image search: [Google]
1378580228137.jpg
35KB, 467x434px
>>384681908
this fucking this
and to top it all of the map is barren and uninteresting completely lacking the 60s aesthetic they showed in the trailer.
Apparently rural Wales is some sort of post apocalyptic flat grey plain now is it
>>
It literally fell off the face of the Earth.
>>
>>384681636
>five days until pic related gets released
No it won't?
There's still one larger update comming before 1.0 version and it's planned in 2017 Q4 - 2018 Q1.
>>
It will be released at least in a few months. Op is a huge faggot and loser.
>>
I'm seeing no info about a 1.0 coming soon. OP are you BSing to get us to talk about the game?
>>
>>384681636
it's

shite
>>
>devs butthurt that people ran through their first game in six hours so they decide proc-gen is the answer
nah
>>
>>384683392

It just boggles my mind that anybody would tout procedural generation as a feature. It's basically devs being lazy and not bothering looking at the mountains of material out there in favor of how good stage, consistent stage design can make your game better.

"Different game every time!" is the dumbest shit.
>>
>>384683756
nu-devs were a mistake, desu.
No one wants to design things anymore because "its too hard ):"
>>
>30$ early access
"the game is still in development"
but at the drop of a hat, it could ~not~ be in development, and the game dies in early access
>>
>>384682754
You get me off first then I'll think about it you lady boi
>>
Considering how eh Contrast turned out, I am not surprised it turned out so generic. What sucks is I liked the look of it in the trailers, but it really has not sold me at all ever since they revealed it was a crafting/randomly generated world.
>>
>>384683756
Try playing any real roguelike, and you'll see how wrong you are.

It's not the fact that they use proc gen that makes them lazy, but rather, it's their interpretation and implementation of it. So many devs think porc gen is "let's glue together randomly chosen, pre-set rooms in a grid, and call it a day." Fuck that shit.
>>
>>384685410

Sorry, I'm not talking actual roguelikes, I'm more talking about indie jumbles of random bullshit.

That and "Uh, if you die you have to start over!" like that didn't use to be the standard.
>>
>>384681689
I hope you fall down and no one helps you back up you big poop
>>
Wait, it came out on PS4? Guess Ill check it ou-
>open world survival with crafting
Oh for fuck sake. Its amazing how they all manage to feel like the exact same game. Speaking of which was there plans to release Conan on consoles? Whats the deal with that, the Conan game actually looked interesting but it seems to have just vanished as quick as it came.
>>
>presented as a tense stealth shooter with a dark retro atmosphere like Bioshock
>turns out to be an incredibly buggy and generic open world survivalcraft

Every goddamn time.
>>
I think this game was the literal definition of 15 minutes of fame.
>First trailer peaks interest, no one expected something like this
>Gameplay is shown and almost everyone instantly drops it.
>>
>>384681908
You forgot to mention it's early access too
>>
>>384681908
Yup. The gameplay looks like fucking shit.
>>
>>384681636
How much it cost.

I may get it if it's the same price of recent indie releases, like Monster Boy.
Not unreasonable prices like snake pass.
I've got ~95 bucks in my live account
>>
>>384687689
>How much it cost.
Nothing, go pirate it
>>
>>384688208
no pcbro
pirates use steam

I'm talking about xbox and windows is certainly windows store
kys
>>
>>384681908
I haven't gotten this rused since the fucking Dead Island 1 trailer back in the day. What a waste too, since you're right, that shit looked neat as hell, trying to escape a nightmare like that would be rad as shit. Instead it's ANOTHER fucking randomly generated pile of shite.
>>
I recommend no.
The game is legit just crafting.
Absolute waste of quid.
Played the game and forgot about it in about a week or two.
>>
>>384688361
You can try demo on xbox if i recal correctly, it is long like two hours and you can try it without spending money.
>>
>>384681636
>procedurally generated
>>
What a mistake to make this early access
>>
>>384681636
I was under the impression it was already released
>>
I bought it first day of early access wityhout realising it was an early access release and never played it cos I ain't no early access fool.
Will play when it comes out officially.
>>
>>384681908
100% agreed
I saw the original trailer and loved the idea of a "Brave New World" themed game

then I went to youtube, looked up gameplay and was nearly sick in my mouth
>>
>>384681908
>it's actually ANOTHER fucking open world survival game with crafting
Hah no fucking way, the E3 trailer made it look like either a walking simulator or a bioshock knockoff.
>its real
Fucking burn this industry
>>
File: 1497716522949.png (765KB, 1278x720px) Image search: [Google]
1497716522949.png
765KB, 1278x720px
>>384688361
>>
>>384683070
To be fair Wales is literally that shit
>>
>>384681636
i already have the early access but haven't really touched it beyond playing the alpha when it first launched, looking forward to playing the finished version.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.