[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why aren't you playing this year's best city-builder,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: Kingdoms-and-Castles.jpg (237KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Kingdoms-and-Castles.jpg
237KB, 1280x720px
Why aren't you playing this year's best city-builder, /v/?

and why is this game more stress on my GPU than The Witcher 3?
>>
>>384676864
It's a cute game, but it has zero depth or challenge. You can see literally everything the game has to offer in 2-3 hours. After that you just keep repeating the same pattern to expand your city, but nothing interesting ever happens. The only "challenge" is that the viking invasions keep getting bigger, but they're not that dangerous to begin with and as you get more and more prepared for them they basically solve themselves.

The only real difficulty is in trying to guess what the effective range of a stockpile is, so they're close enough to the production buildings while also able to offer their content to the consumer buildings.

It's a nice game if you don't mind spending 10bux on a few hours of entertainment, but it lacks the depth a good city builder needs to stay interesting.
>>
I accept your shilling, OP and will buy this game it looks cute.
>>
File: 1497108813416.jpg (147KB, 504x647px) Image search: [Google]
1497108813416.jpg
147KB, 504x647px
>proudly boasts about being the first game funded by Tim Schafer's fig scam
>>
>>384677393
It's not really a scam if it actually got released, is it?

If nothing else, that already puts it ahead of a lot of Kickstarter games.
>>
>>384677162
This post is accurate.

In 3 hours I had surrounded my entire island in a 3 high wall with towers on top, viking raids are just huge swarms of ineffective attackers and the only real danger is your fucking army dudes not engaging them,

Maps need to be much, much larger and threats more consistent, going 20 years without a viking attack while I built up dozens of towers just meant that when they finally arrived it was utterly trivial.

Happiness is also dysfunctional, you get so much gold from taxes even at very low tax that you can just spam endless festivals to mitigate any issues.

Supplylines are a mess, there's no good way to troubleshoot or allocate resources to stockpiles, for example I have a bunch of bakers and a bunch of smiths and I want my charcoal to be split between them, but if I build a stockpile near each and assign charcoal to them it doesn't split my production and it just dumps it all in the nearest stockpile.
>>
>>384677270

It's comfy
>>
I'm right on the fence. I love the look and it's only $10 but it's tough for me to rationalize paying for a single player game that probably has 10 hours absolute tops of content.
>>
>>384679768

>>384677162 Here.

The devs are promising a lot of free updates, so if you're on the fence I'd just wishlist it and check back in a few months. Chances are it'll have more content by then, or at least it'll go on sale at some point.

It's not a bad game, but if you're worried that there's not enough content, your worries are entirely justified.
>>
>>384676864
Because it's baby's first unity game.
>>
File: 1452977713773.jpg (50KB, 273x240px) Image search: [Google]
1452977713773.jpg
50KB, 273x240px
To me this looks exactly like Banished just skinned to appeal to the mobile gamer crowd
>>
>>384676864
GOG mega when?
>>
Nah, already got burned backing stonehearth.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.