[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Moogy-denka right about Persona 5? http://www.twitlonger

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 523
Thread images: 94

File: x.jpg (150KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
x.jpg
150KB, 1280x720px
Is Moogy-denka right about Persona 5?

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1spsblb

>4/10:
> Persona 5 - Sure, it's a fun game, but that's all it is. I am very, very tired of everything the P5 narrative has to offer me. I'm tired of protagonists being rewarded, even celebrated for enforcing their will on the world through violent means, I'm tired of half-assed social links that exist in a state of subservience to the overarching plot, and I'm tired of fucking fighting god at the end. I sunk 110 hours into this game, and I can't say it was worth it. Look elsewhere if you want something that actually enriches your soul or brings joy into your life, because all I felt after spending all that time on P5 was a sense of overbearing fatigue. Also, to criticize the actual gameplay a bit... I really think the dungeons could have pushed the player further. I appreciate that they put a lot of effort into the aesthetics and "flow," but there's never really a brain-bending puzzle that stops you in your tracks or a devious trap that sets you back in any meaningful way. This single screen is more *challenging* than anything in Persona 5's dungeons, and it's just one part of the third to last dungeon: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iet-dBT2G7Q So yeah I'd like to see them make more, uh, fiendish dungeons in P6, I suppose.
>>
>>384672309
I agree, but it's a 6/10 for me. 4 is too harsh
>>
>>384672309
No.
>>
>>384672352
Number ultimately matters little, I ask postly about the textual assessment.
>>
File: tumblr_static_38492849ar_284021.png (117KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_static_38492849ar_284021.png
117KB, 640x360px
>>384672309
>I'm tired of the protagonists being rewarded, even celebrated for enforcing their will on the world through violent means

I completely agree. It needs to be more like the best game ever made. A game where your actions have consequences. A game where violence isn't rewarded.
>>
Why can't OP's on /v/ talk about their own goddamn opinions anymore?
What the fuck do you think this website is for?
>>
PERSONAFAGS ON SUICIDE WATCH PLAY A REAL CHEN MEGUMMY GAME
>>
>>384672494
>Could stop and redeem the worst of the worst people
>WOAH THIS IS EVIL, THIS IS WORSE THAN MURDER.
>>
>>384672532
For discussing games. Like Persona 5 in this thread, you retarded Dark Souls 2 fan..
>>
>>384672309
>>384672352
I'd go with 5, it's still a well put together game, it just drags on to long and has a bland story along with bland characters, but yeah he is right
>>
File: 8393955.gif (1MB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
8393955.gif
1MB, 300x300px
>>384672309
>Sure, it's a fun game, but that's all it is
>4/10
That's some strong bait my friend
>>
>Moogy is still harping on P5 almost a year later
Did a human girl deny him sex because he said he didn't like it or something
>>
>>384672309
What's wrong with enforcing your will on the world? Why's that not okay?
And it's not like Joker was rewarded beyond getting friends and removing a criminal record that he shouldn't have gotten in the first place.

They just need to make the Main party's social links actually be a non-optional part of the story, and move away from the same story set up it's had for 3 games.
>>
>>384672309
Not completely, but
> I'm tired of half-assed social links that exist in a state of subservience to the overarching plot
This part is spot on. Social links should slightly adapt to what's going on.
>>
>>384672953
>What's wrong with enforcing your will on the world? Why's that not okay?

I think he's referring to changing people's personality's by force instead of by dialogue.
>>
>not docking 5 points for not being able to cajole Ryuji OR Yusuke into gay sex, the true crime against art this game commits
Shit review.
>>
>>384672309
>It's a link to a twitter post
Off yourself
>>
>>384672309
>9/10:
>NieR Automata - Thank you for making me believe in video games again.
huh? huh? huh?
>>
>>384672309
>2/10:
>Bloodborne - More of the same shit as any other Souls game. Repetitive levels with no music and repulsively bland aesthetics, terribly designed bosses that don't seem to take the game's camera into account at all, and purposely obscured narrative underpinnings. Nothing about any game in this series is good, and their popularity in recent years is one of the most distressing trends in modern gaming, if you ask me.
>Hollow Knight - Boring and monotonous, with oversized screens that offer no meaningful challenge on a micro level. Blindly copies Souls games in all the most annoying ways. Confused, oversaturated visual design that draws the player's eyes everywhere except where they should be looking. This has nothing to offer over any other ~indievania~, so set your sights elsewhere.

I find these opinions even worse.
>>
>>384673010
Technically they're not really getting violent, and the actual change is brought about by talking to them after you beat them into submission not because of it.
Kind of a meaningless distinction though.
>>
File: Excalibait.jpg (25KB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
Excalibait.jpg
25KB, 720x404px
http://www.japanesenintendo.com/post/163177666774

Japan disagrees
>>
>>384672309
I really cannot understand the argument that they are "violently" "enforcing" their will. First of all, its invasive but non-violent. Second of all, it is simply making people admit to crimes, and the game even addresses that it wasn't truly the best option they had.

I think the problem is that Joker, due in part to his silence, is the only character who really appears to have any capability of being rational and not strung along by emotions or lacking the knowledge to act most of the time. Most of the side characters have too many flaws. They are likeable, but not really people who should have power.

People often call Joker Anarchic which I dont understand. He SLs with a good politician who would give a shit about the people, the reason joker is against the current government as it is run by a man who has committed many crimes and in almost unbelievably unlikable because we see him ruin a kids life because he is a bit pissed off at the start of the game.

Basically, its not as deep as anyone seems to think it is, but there is nothing wrong with what Joker and co are doing.

This person is right though the dungeons could stand to be more challenging and fighting God feels half-assed at this point.
>>
>>384673203
I guarantee he hates those games because they don't have anime art styles and for no other reason.
>>
>>384672309
Who the fuck is that and why should we care ?

Also :

>7/10:
Tales of Berseria

c'mon bruh
>>
>>384672309
S U B J E C T I V E O P I N I O N
>>
Persona 5 is Persona 4 rehash and Persona 4 was largely based on Persona 3. So at this point all the flaws with the Persona series are evident in P5. P5 is like playing a 10 year old game today.
>>
>>384672697
Some of my favorite games are Advent Rising, Sonic Shuffle, and Bubsy 1

I think these games are fun, but one is a buggy unfinished mess, the other is a poor clones with frustrating minigames, and the last one is infamously counterintuitive.

I legit love these games, but I would never give any of these games higher than a 5/10 even if I enjoy some of the design choices others hate.
>>
>>384673225
no it's not, you never talk to the actual person, their shadow forces their personality to change against their will.
>>
>>384673462
https://tlwiki.org/?title=User:Moogy

He translated these games. He's also an editor.
>>
>>384673334
>First of all, its invasive but non-violent.

Brainwashing is brainwashing, doesn't really matter if the person experiences pain.
>>
>>384673536
No, P5 is a mix of things from all persona games with also it's own new things.
If you really believe what you are saying, you never played a game from 10years ago
>>
>>384673317
all you need to do is take one look at anime to know that means very little
>>384673692
did he actually do official translation work on ToB?
>>
File: Moogy_votes.jpg (177KB, 719x877px) Image search: [Google]
Moogy_votes.jpg
177KB, 719x877px
Review is spot on, but I think he is too harsh in terms of scores. Should be a 7/10 at worst.

Pic related are other visual novels he rated.
>>
File: AOTS.png (1MB, 1586x898px) Image search: [Google]
AOTS.png
1MB, 1586x898px
Yeah, I agree with this.

P5 just really feels juvenile in the worst sense.
>>
sounds like dude just has a philosophical disagreement with the protag so thinks the game sux
>>
File: 1499690974729.jpg (145KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1499690974729.jpg
145KB, 1280x720px
>>384672309
>I'm tired of the protagonists being rewarded, even celebrated for enforcing their will on the world through violent means

It's not like Akechi said the same thing
It's not like every boss said the same thing
It's not like they made you think about it.
>and I'm tired of fucking fighting god at the end.
You were fighting gods all along, even in dungeons.
That's the beauty of persona and SMT games the enemies are from myths and legends
>I really think the dungeons could have pushed the player further.
They did.
If you played on Merciless you had to research what certain enemy is weak to. You had to guess it from their appearance (flying enemy is were most of the time weak to guns, why would u use fire on burning enemy ? etc.)
>fiendish dungeons in P6
What does he mean by this ?
Harder ? just turn on merciless
and also remember how would you make game like this harder ? You would just grind more.

The problem is the one who did this review haven't explained anything "I am tired of..." ok why ?
what does "fiendish" dungeon mean ?
>because all I felt after spending all that time on P5 was a sense of overbearing fatigue
This is broad as well.

The guy want's hard puzzle but doesn't want fatigue.

I think he is just trying to get attention
>>
>>384673775
Sakura no Uta is a life-changing masterpiece, in my case even directly on the physical level. I rate it 11/10.

(Just to me sure I want to point out that I'm serious.)
>>
>>384673821
>Anime picture
>Is a dumbfuck
Like pottery.
>>
>>384673596
Their shadow is their will though, as well as the fact that beating their shadow isn't what changes them. It's stealing their distorted "desire".
They don't actually have to fight the bosses, they're just always in the way.
Pointless distinction again though.
>>
File: 1495105917512.png (121KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1495105917512.png
121KB, 512x512px
It is a limited narrative for a game about taking on more realistic versions of The Man which does get tiring, but I thought it was still good enough for what it is. I can appreciate it for encapsulating that sense of teenagerdom from top to bottom.
>>
>>384672309

>Reforms evil people and criminals
>WAAHHH STOP ENFORCING YOUR WILL EVIL TEENS THIS GAME IS VIOLENT!!!
What the fuck. The game and it's plot has problems yeah, but I don't seem how anyone can side against them. What the fuck does he want, Kamoshida raping Anne? The fat lame gangster selling worst girl and Sae into prostitution?
>>
File: 1500570401505.jpg (150KB, 750x740px) Image search: [Google]
1500570401505.jpg
150KB, 750x740px
>>384673872
This is 4chan sumemrfriend
>>384673141
That explain a lot.
>>
>>384672309
My biggest problem with P5 is how safe it is. It does absolutely nothing new, which makes it extremely boring for me. Same reason why I find Dark Souls 3 the worst
>>
>>384673821
You can be fatigued by easy, boring monotony.

'Hard puzzles' does not mean the same thing as fatigue. You can fatigue someone with a million easy, boring puzzles too.
>>
>>384673596
wrong their shadow doesn't effect their personality. it is entirely the distorted desires. they aren't stealing people's hearts, they're actually exorcising them of actual demons
>>
>>384673901
you beat their shadow into submission, steal what they care about and program it with your own values and commands, then send it back to the person to mindfuck them.

You're not convincing villains of the error of their ways, you reprogram humans to suit your own ideals.
>>
>>384673334

I see that you are debating the credibility of the characters and plot. You must not have the nuance to be above it all because you don't immediately think the characters are and their dialogue is unrealistic.

The first boss is a pervey teacher and instead of just calling the police when he (if he) rapes students. The Protagonist has to go white knight and save Ann from a relationship with peavey teacher despite her being perfectly able to leave and call the police if he was sexually assulting her. The writing is hella immature and doesn't make any sense to someone over the age of 21.
>>
>and I'm tired of fucking fighting god at the end
The Demiurge isn't God. He's just an asshole who wants to be worshiped as God.

This fits perfectly with the game's narrative too. In the end, Yaldy is just another shitty adult thinking he can tell everyone else what to do. He is no God.
>>
>>384674017
Indeed, but it's same with hard puzzles as well.
You can get tired from hard mental work as well.
>>
File: 1344210384941.jpg (36KB, 552x532px) Image search: [Google]
1344210384941.jpg
36KB, 552x532px
>>384672309
>Sure, it's a fun game, but that's all it is

Remember when this was enough?
>>
>>384672309
Every review by this person is garbage, what a miserable fucking gremlin shit. You can basically sum all of them up as "if you remove the good stuff you'll see its actually not good".
>>
File: 473456934234.jpg (26KB, 384x384px) Image search: [Google]
473456934234.jpg
26KB, 384x384px
>>384672309
I don't agree with them at all, I really love the game.
I think they should just avoid these kinds of games completely instead of sinking 100 hours in one just to reaffirm to themselves they don't like it.
>>
>>384674036
quoted for truth.

Ryuji - 'we're gonna force you to repent'
>>
File: mishimod.png (446KB, 850x484px) Image search: [Google]
mishimod.png
446KB, 850x484px
>>384674130
Haha, nailed it.
>>
>>384674098
Arguing semantics about whether the final boss is truly god is pure idiocy.

The point he tries to make about "AN ANCIENT ENTITY HAS AWAKEN" being the True obstacle and mastermind behind it all being overdone is correct. It has been done to dead in the series and the only times it has been done correctly were in 2 and 3.
>>
>>384673775
Where the fuck is YU-NO on that list? Does he not have taste?
>>
>>384674187
Maybe you should stop having autism and assuming that everyone pre-hates your golden calf.

Denka was actually pretty hyped for P5, he didn't pre-hate it. And I guarantee that if he stopped playing partway and gave a negative review, you'd cry how he didn't even finish it.
>>
>>384673462
What? You gonna pretend the characters in the game were any better? The same ones who did nothing after their intro? The same story stricture as the last 2 games with every villain one note evil? Even the side mission mementos bosses were ridiculously over the top evil and then you have some shitty attempt to copy adachi with akechi who manages to be a far worse character because they half assed his integration in the game. Shit trash don't even delude yourself.
>>
>>384672532
>What the fuck do you think this website is for?
For ironically mimicing arrogant leftist game journalist opinions to mock them. Also bonus points if you trigger /pol/ xD
>>
>>384674027
>wrong their shadow doesn't effect their personality.
>What is Mishima
>>
>>384674262
I'm not sure how to take this post, I'm gonna go.
>>
>>384674293
If you weren't a fucking EOP you'd play enough games to rate above YU-NO too.

You subhumans EOPs are the fucking worst. You play only the scraps you're thrown and yet at like you know shit.
>>
>>384673821
>If you played on Merciless you had to research what certain enemy is weak to. You had to guess it from their appearance (flying enemy is were most of the time weak to guns, why would u use fire on burning enemy ? etc.)

Breh, this argument could be said for every persona and smt, nothing to do with the actual dungeon itself, merciless is trash anyways and only hardest in the base game should be played, you just abuse criticals in merciless
>>
>>384674036
But it's also revealed later on that all they're actually doing is aligning the criminals thoughts with Yaldy's worshippers and returning them to Mementos. Which is never properly explained so I guess, anything goes.

They're also not celebrated because of how they're supposedly brainwashing people either, unless he's talking about how the game amps up the "PT hype".
>>
>>384674278
Well, from that angle, I think Yaldabaoth fits into the story of 5 perfectly. He ties loose ends together, the story doesn't work as well without him, and there's some foreshadowing there.

He's certainly better implemented than Izanami. Izanami is just one step above Necron, if you ask me.
>>
>The first not paid review to appear on /v/
>Everyone hates him
>>
>>384672309

>Is Moogy-denka right?

It's his/her/its opinion, I for example loved it, because it was typical Persona game with really interesting mechanics from older games and fresh new party with not amazing, but very polished story. It has its issues here and there, but mostly it's JRPG with history. They've made this story in a specific way to showcase their own issues with the Japan. Social links weren't that fantastic, but still had some values to be learned from. Overall Persona 5 for me was really fantastic game and if there is someone who feels it's 4/10 game, it's that persons own thought, not mine. I don't care for that person anyway.
>>
>>384672309
Who gives a fuck?

Why do you think some random nobody's review is worthy of a thread?

Fuck off, sage.
>>
>>384674435
The fuck's an EOP, and what does that have to do with YU-NO score? While we're at it, 桜の唄 looks like utter dogshit purely on artstyle alone, I would never rate it higher than a seven because of that.

Before you throw the newfaggot on me, I've been browsing on an off since 2007.
>>
Style over Substance sums up the majority of Persona 5.
However, it has a lot of fucking style.
>>
>>384674505
Nah, he's obviously a last minute addition for the super evil bad guy behind it all cliche. I wish they don't do this again for P6 desu.
>>
>>384672309
PILLAGE THEM!
>>
File: 1492245386977.jpg (18KB, 500x479px) Image search: [Google]
1492245386977.jpg
18KB, 500x479px
>>384674337
No idea who they are but you can tell by the way they write the review they forced them self through the game.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with dropping a game you don't like and it is what they should have done, I've done it plenty of times.
>>
>>384674262
>Mishimaboi best boi don't awoke his Persona
>He don't even have a Palace indirectly created by you
>You can't even fight his shadow in Mementos
>You can't even fuck him in his best boipussie
Why even live.
>>
File: Persona5.jpg (71KB, 599x392px) Image search: [Google]
Persona5.jpg
71KB, 599x392px
>>384672309
Why did you even make this thread you fucking autist?
He rated Tales of Berseria 7/10 (which would pretty much be a 10/10 relative to other scores), why would his ranking matter at all when THAT happens?
How can a person be so blind to rate a completely generic middle-of-the-road Tales Of game (whose best games are only average, meaning that Berseria is below average on the general Jrpg scale) above any other Jrpg?

I'm not even going to defend Persona5 in any way, just saying that his review scores are completely out of whack and his priorities for what to look for in a game must be fucked up if he ever puts a mediocre Tales Of game that high up.
>>
File: 150059231555023.png (1MB, 1280x873px) Image search: [Google]
150059231555023.png
1MB, 1280x873px
>>384674337
But that guy was undeniably absurd when he criticized the gameplay, saying for example, that the dungeons we're lacking challenges.

Some dungeons, like Burger King, we're pretty difficult by itself in means of both puzzling and enemies (since it mixed both). Is just something that most people who played the game can't aggree with him because they aren't fucking retards.
>>
>>384674589
You, you subhuman.
>>
File: 1491004723973.webm (270KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1491004723973.webm
270KB, 1280x720px
>>384674435
>"Shit, Japanese games and anime aren't niche anymore. How am I supposed to feel superior now?"
>"I got it! I'll just shit on people who didn't waste weeks of their life learning a dying language and have the patience to wait for translations."
>>
>>384674658
>calls me a subhumans
>thinks something that looks like a parody of anime deserves high praise
I'm glad you know Japanese well, too bad you have other problems.
>>
>>384674662
>weeks
>>
>>384674505
>Well, from that angle, I think Yaldabaoth fits into the story of 5 perfectly.

He's just another generic deus ex machina boss.
>>
who
the FUCK
is Moogy-denka
>>
Reminder that the guy lowered the score of Dies Irae because it got translated.

He's a hack.
>>
File: 1499531726719.gif (375KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1499531726719.gif
375KB, 480x480px
>>384674497
>you just abuse criticals in merciless
So do your enemies
>only hardest in the base game should be played
It's F R E E

I think it's actually good, if you want enemy to have + 50% dmg and +50% HP
then you will just grind more.
This way you are sure to die if you wont guard and you can't guard if you don't know the spells of a enemy.

And the bosses have 2 or more phases which will give them more spells, and now you have to rotate your entire team which isn't so easy.

I think it's good.
But I knew all the spells before, so I fucked it for myself
>>
THis bitch faggot played any of the previous games?
>>
File: 1492038075044.jpg (259KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1492038075044.jpg
259KB, 900x900px
>>384672309
Seems like a contrarian asshole whose opinions are based around how others will react to them.

By the way, I work in translation too, so don't act like that's some kind of meaningful credential.
>>
>>384675019
Japanese translation?
>>
File: 1486324515691.jpg (160KB, 1034x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1486324515691.jpg
160KB, 1034x1024px
Speaking of learning Japanese, any good ideas on how to improve from a beginner level to intermediate? I don't know many kanji, unfortunately, and when it comes to grammar I'm honestly only so-so.

But I do know plenty of words and am improving to the point where I can see it. How do I maximize learning efficiency?
>>
>>384672309
>some literally who faggot posts his own review
>82 posts and 15 image replies omitted.
kill yourselves gen z niggers
>>
File: best part.jpg (57KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
best part.jpg
57KB, 960x540px
The side story and characters carried the game.

As for being tired of a protagonist fighting and enforcing his will, this kind of pacifism if hopelessly naive. The guys you fight in Persona 5 are trash and irredeemable scums who need a forceful awakening, to say non-violence could (or should) be an answer means you have no idea about the world and situation P5 cast find itself it.
>>
>>384672494
Undertale is mega shit
>>
>>384675116
Study more. Read easy texts (Graded Readers, NHK Easy News). Then study more and read less easy texts.

There's no magical trick to it, so stop obsessing over shit like "maximizing efficiency".

You're gonna use Japanese for porn games and LNs for 14 year olds, so it hardly matters if you're not 100% maximized.
>>
>>384674337
If this person was excited for Persona 5, why are his reasons for being so disappointed by it in total opposition to what you would expect the game to be like? I even agree with some of his complaints, but he blows them up. This person was hyped for the game but the crux of their dissatisfaction appears to be "this is all familiar, I am thoroughly, intensely sick of it", yet the only reason somebody would be excited for 5 is if they liked 3 and 4 which do exactly the things he's so sick of.

How do you play through two games and upwards of 200 hours of this shit, get excited for more of it, and then end up so disillusioned about the game giving you more of that? He doesn't even seem to think any of it is badly done, he just didn't want it to be the way it was fundamentally. Not saying there aren't a million ways you can expect P5 to be like its predecessors and still come out disappointed in it despite it delivering on that, but it's all "I'm tired of this, I'm tired of that", rather than any real complaint, besides the dungeons being too easy.
>>
>>384675184
>characters in P5
>good
ALL OF THEM except 2 are underdeveloped
>>
This is it, gamers. I'm gonna learn Japanese along with my college studies and when I have my degree I'm emigrating to the superior land of Nihon.
Wish me luck.
>>
File: kyoukai_mitsuki_swimsuit_10.png (962KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
kyoukai_mitsuki_swimsuit_10.png
962KB, 1280x720px
Persona 5 is the same garbage as 4.

When Persona 6 comes out 5 will have nothing redeeming anymore since the only good things in the game were mechanical changes
>>
>>384675387
6 will most likely have a new director, so that will probably (or rather, hopefully) bring a different style and structure along with it, like what happened with P3.
>>
>>384675364
This. Except really. Already set to move next year.
>>
>>384675175
Anon, posting a short bit of the lyrics to one song and a cropped porn face is enough for a Persona thread to reach bump and image limit.
>>
>>384675387
>Year 2025
>Persona 6 is the same garbage as 5.
>When Persona 7 comes out 6 will have nothing redeeming anymore since the only good things in the game were mechanical changes
>>
>>384675436
You got a job and place to stay there or are you just going to improvise?
>>
>>384675256
>You're gonna use Japanese for porn games and LNs for 14 year olds, so it hardly matters if you're not 100% maximized.
I just have an exam I'm retaking in September, and I wanted a good way to familiarize myself with the language in addition to the book[s] I'm revising.
>>
>>384675364
Hope you'll enjoy you 40h/week + 100h added in the month with only a weak of holidays per year
Also, be ready to never be really seen as nothing else but a "gaijin"
>>
File: best.jpg (79KB, 720x774px) Image search: [Google]
best.jpg
79KB, 720x774px
>>384675351
Not really, they have satisfying arcs in their social links.

The party members are the weakest link.
>>
>>384672309
I agree, I'm at the last Palace and I can't find the strength to finish it after 65 hours. The pacing is all over the place too. Persona 3 is still the best Persona.
>>
What's the point of confident for main characters if they're basically filler that isn't consistent with how they are in the main story?

That shit should be available for side people
>>
NO WORLD OF STRENGTH = SHIT GAME

Persona games would be much better without all the sims bullshit, just let me and my friends do shit without all the time management bullshit.
>>
>>384675597
Ryuji, Haru and Yusuke had great Confidants.
>>
>>384675528
>you just going to improvise
The most foolish idea you could have.

I have a place secured at one university - research with plan to move into post-grad.
>>
File: 1499058788233.jpg (36KB, 419x430px) Image search: [Google]
1499058788233.jpg
36KB, 419x430px
>>384675524
>People still arguing about best girls, only with more to argue over each new installment.
Do think we'll reach the end? Do you think there is one?
>>
>>384675541
Hmm, what kind of exam?
>>
>>384675597
Not really. They're pretty fucking terrible most of the time.
>>
>>384675876
Difficult to explain, it consists of a few parts which concentrate on kanji, reading, grammar, etc.

I have this shit locked down, honestly, but I know from experience that the more familiarized with the language you are, the less mistakes you're prone to make.
>>
>>384672309
>Moogy-denka
had to google what it is and first result is this exact thread. how is this relevant to anything?
>>
>>384672309
>buy it when it came out
>play around 6-7 hours
>only been to dungeons 2 or 3 times
>fuck that i have finals
have finished 5 games since finals ended but havent even put the p5 disk back in lul
>>
>>384675907
Nah.
>>
>>384675116
What is up with pictures like that? Is it depicting someone doing pushups on a girl's tits?
>>
>>384675907
Compared to slinks from previous games they have Oscar winning writing.
>>
>>384674037

You're retarded. Anne has no proof whatsoever that Kamoshida has been sexually assaulting her and they address already that Kamoshida's status and fear tactics in the school make students and even parents afraid to speak out against him.

Also, Kamoshida is based off a real life incident that happened in a school in Japan. You should try to actually understand the cycle of emotional abuse before ranting about it. It's the same reason why people often don't report domestic abuse and spouses stay with abusive partners and why abuse against males is so almost never reported. Saying, "just call the police bro lol," is insulting to every victim who's ever been in a similar situation.
>>
>>384674658
calm down moogy, like, holy shit, get laid or something
>>
File: 1480804854756.png (1MB, 1240x1754px) Image search: [Google]
1480804854756.png
1MB, 1240x1754px
>>384675998
No, it's about grabbing huge tits. Having done that in real life I can tell you it feels good, hence - people like such images.
>>
literally who
>>
>>384675597
Nah all the women have the exact same S.Link
>>
Literally who?
>>
File: 1466022294420.png (364KB, 800x711px) Image search: [Google]
1466022294420.png
364KB, 800x711px
>>384672309
>taking moogy's opinions seriously

How long has it been customary for /v/ to worship manchildren? This is honestly getting pathetic.
>>
>>384676134
That's not how you grab titties though. POV guy in the other picture is putting his whole weight on the poor girl and just mashing the shit out of them titties like buttons in a fighting game.
>>
>>384673775
So apparently moogy is a retard with shit taste. Anything else I need to know about him?
>>
>>384676234
Moogy eternally BTFO.
>>
>>384676279
Her tits are unrealistically big so we can allow a degree of lack of realism, he can put his weight on her. And besides, you only see his hands, maybe he's supporting his weight using his legs, not in the frame.
>>
File: stocking.png (153KB, 305x332px) Image search: [Google]
stocking.png
153KB, 305x332px
>I'm tired of half-assed social links that exist in a state of subservience to the overarching plot
>I am very, very tired of everything the P5 narrative has to offer me

Spot on. This shit got boring three games ago and even though 3 tried to work around it, that hack Hashino completely gave up on 4 and 5.
They seriously need to ditch the social link/time management garbage for the next game in the 2028 after they're done milking P5.
>>
>>384676363
That's absurd. Look at the tension in his arms; there's even a vein bulging on the right. He's clearly leaning hard on dem titties. I mean, maybe if the girl is a masochist I could see her enjoying that, but I've seen an increasing number of pictures in the "titty pushup" subgenre, and I'm not sure I approve.
>>
They need to get rid of social stats.
The activities themselves are shallow and not fun at all.
Most of the game feels like padding and you're just going down a checklist for the sake of tradition at this point.
>>
>>384675935
I mean for what purpose. Some entrance exam? A test you previously failed and are now taking for the second time? Cause September strikes me as a weird time for some exam.
>>
>>384676831
>>384677015
Why not just play SMT instead
>>
File: 1500214367681.png (689KB, 1000x767px) Image search: [Google]
1500214367681.png
689KB, 1000x767px
>>384674605
>>384674767
I bet you skip all the dialogue from Akechi and Shido you dumbfucks
>>
>>384677025
A test I failed. I haven't studied for it whatsoever and would've passed had I managed to gather a few more points, so I thought it would be a good opportunity to study up and get on a new level.
>>
File: CognitionSON.png (2MB, 1396x752px) Image search: [Google]
CognitionSON.png
2MB, 1396x752px
>>384672309
>I'm tired of protagonists being rewarded, even celebrated for enforcing their will on the world through violent means
What a fucking cuck
>>
I only trust Moogy's opinion on visual novel.

And just barely.
>>
File: 1500585756094m.jpg (57KB, 303x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1500585756094m.jpg
57KB, 303x1024px
SEES is the only cast I'd call "developed", and even then they're carried hard by the male side of things.

The only females in these games to have actual, competent arcs are Yuka-tan, who unfortunately ends up as a bitch because of it, and moscel SLs throughout the series.

Note that I'm not counting pre-P3 because they're mostly irrelevant at this point.
>>
>>384677220
SMT is not a story/character focused series.
>>
>>384677220
I like Persona's setting because I love both the concept of Stands/Persona, and Urban Fantasy.

The rest of MegaTen goes off the rails too quickly for my taste.
>>
>>384677220
Because they're not on consoles.
>>
>>384677394
>>384677446
>>384677501
Why not just play Pokemon instead
>>
>>384676831
This autism never ends.
>>
>>384672309

>"Chrono trigger is shit!"
>Proceed to praise modern tales

There is being wrong and then there is that
>>
>>384677350
You're irrelevant.
>>
>>384672309
>Moogy
>The guy who took the Subahibi fanTL and instead of releasing it made a pitch to a publisher
>All while telling the fanbase its just "QC"
>This happened over 2 years ago
>Subahibi still isn't out to this day
Moogy's opinion isn't worth shit and he deserves to get the shit beaten out of him for what he pulled with Subahibi
>>
>>384677706

Chrono Trigger and Tales games are overrated.
>>
>>384676041

>You're retarded. Anne has no proof whatsoever that Kamoshida has been sexually assaulting her and they address already that Kamoshida's status and fear tactics in the school make students and even parents afraid to speak out against him.

Then those people are part to blame for the situation. For a game that Is about taking responsibly for "all your actions" and punishing the wicked, it's one hell of an oversight to not go after the enablers too.

>Also, Kamoshida is based off a real life incident that happened in a school in Japan. You should try to actually understand the cycle of emotional abuse before ranting about it. It's the same reason why people often don't report domestic abuse and spouses stay with abusive partners and why abuse against males is so almost never reported. Saying, "just call the police bro lol," is insulting to every victim who's ever been in a similar situation.

Same as above.
>>
>>384677807
If you cared you'd learn Japanese.
>>
File: 1500112317653.jpg (70KB, 868x671px) Image search: [Google]
1500112317653.jpg
70KB, 868x671px
>>384677805
I enjoy them I'm just not silly enough to talk about them when we're talking about the mechanics of nu-Persona.
>>
>>384672309
He's just growing up and found out the honeymoon idolization phase of japanese media in their original language is over.
>>
I agree with this review mostly, but more puzzles would be stupid. Puzzles were the worst part of dungeons and along with the "stealth" should have been scrapped completely.
>>
>>384672309
>I'm tired of half-assed social links that exist in a state of subservience to the overarching plot
I agree, I hate that Ryuji in his SL is completely different from how he acts in the main plot
>I appreciate that they put a lot of effort into the aesthetics and "flow," but there's never really a brain-bending puzzle that stops you in your tracks or a devious trap that sets you back in any meaningful way.
100% agreed
>>
>>384678367
I just wanted P3-4 style, but with more improvements in the gameplay and Slinks that connect to the story.
Literally that's all I was hoping for.

Just give us random dungeons like P4 had, only give them unique looks this time and maybe few unique gimmicks.
>>
File: 1493422076586.png (309KB, 504x398px) Image search: [Google]
1493422076586.png
309KB, 504x398px
>>384672309
>Sure, it's a fun game, but that's all it is.

>4/10

This guy sounds like he expected the game to be some kind of life-changing revelation and then he got sad becouse his live wasn't fixed the moment he finished the game.
>>
>>384673821
>If you played on Merciless you had to research what certain enemy is weak to.
By your logic a hallway with strong enemies is more engaging than a maze with average enemies
>>
File: 1498082321179.png (147KB, 405x405px) Image search: [Google]
1498082321179.png
147KB, 405x405px
>>384678596
I was hoping for all that as well, but also a return to persona 3 levels of story. Instead we got a rip off of 4 and no villain like adachi to make it a little interesting. At least the waifus were good in 5
>>
File: 1499062890025.jpg (17KB, 500x389px) Image search: [Google]
1499062890025.jpg
17KB, 500x389px
>>384678437
>Ryuji learns to do shit for others in SL
>Ryuji realized that he was doing it for the fame, not for helping others in main plot
>>
What should I play after P5? Already finished Nier Automata, need something else to fill the void.
>>
>>384679165
Witcher 3
>>
No.
>>
>>384679107
I don't think there's anything that wrong with 4, aside from the main cast's loose connection to the story and the final boss that feels tacked on.

>>384679165
Take your pick of SMT or Persona, and any spin offs related to those two,
>>
>>384672309
I agree that the game turned out painfully mediocre and at times unenjoyable, but 4/10 is total contrarianism. I'd give it a 6/10 or something
>>
>>384679251
We need more of these radical thinkers in Europe.
>>
>>384679437
Caring to much about numbers is autism.
>>
>>384679503
Caring in general is autism, and the fact that you even bothered replying makes you the head honcho of autism
>>
>>384672309
Moogy is probably more full of himself than anyone else on the internet and that's saying a lot. He's right sometimes though.
>>
File: 1488586752195.jpg (25KB, 474x414px) Image search: [Google]
1488586752195.jpg
25KB, 474x414px
>>384674120
I feel you. You just can't please people.

Not sure why people expect to be reading a literary masterpiece. For what it is- a video game- it's pretty damn good.
>>
>>384679251
Oh, so thats the cultural enrichment we're waiting for in europe
>>
Moogy, Mr. When It Gets Translated It Turns To Shit?
No, he is not right about anything.
>>
>>384672309
Ahem. Use his proper full name, Moogy-heika-dona-sama-senpai-san
Jokes aside, he's right on the entire list.
>>
>>384679009
Yeah it kind of is honestly, mazes aren't very fun
>>
Why is this guy so autistic about music?
>>
>>384672309
I agree with the "fatigue" part.
>>
Moogy getting assblasted by a musou game is great
>>
>>384679009
>>384680026
Honestly the dungeon in P5 were essentially corridors, with shit to get caught on thrown about in front of you.
>>
>>384680173
So like SMT but less pretentious?
Picked up.
>>
>>384675843
Capping this for future shitposting potential
>>
>>384672309
Who?
>>
>>384678972
I hope the Phantom Thieves bring him to justice
>>
>>384680080
>why is an insufferable turbo autist being autistic about something
Wow, really makes me think more than Moogy's favorite DEEP meme games.
>>
>>384680279
I'd argue P5 is more pretentious
>>
>>384680810
most pretentious rpg. "I'm gonna steal your heart and make you repent your sins hahaha"
>>
>>384680908
Very Reddit-y type of wish fulfillment.
>>
>>384674037
Are you saying japan has a fucked up justice system and those kids know that better than you do? Woah.
>>
File: a90[1].png (141KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
a90[1].png
141KB, 600x600px
>>384681172
you even steal the heart of a controversial politician/country leader
>>
>>384672309
it sounds like he's up his own ass, everyone should know what to expect when playing a fucking persona game.
I went in expecting a half-hollow anime storyline where I train and fuse demons, date random chicks, and then fight god at the end and that's what I got. In it's best form when compared to 3 or 4 (couldn't even get through 4 all the way).
but I also don't know who this person in OP is, so their opinion isnt hanging on some fame Im already supposed to know about
when you go into a game that you know is going to have a formula, and then bitch anyway, you're fucking dumb.
>>
>>384677234
>I bet you skip all the dialogue from Akechi
Damn right I ignored that butthurt meme cakeboy
>>
The puzzles should have been harder and more interesting

Characters shouldn't act like flanderized versions of themselves in the main story when they're pretty cool in their SL

Should've gone into more detail about Wakaba, her research, and the government's involvement with that

The main characters should have talked more about the forceful change of hearts, maybe the hypocrisy of them rebelling against the constraints of society while forcing others to fit their own rules. It touched on it, but never really confronted the thieves with it.

But am I the only one who really liked the stealth? I mean, aside from going with the phantom thief vibe, I thought it was fun
>>
>>384681272
someone said that persona 5 is about antifa SJWs fighting right-wing populism.
>>
>>384681418
>harder and more varied

Why do brainlets like puzzles in video games, straight up they are never engaging and are worthless filler
>>
>>384681464
>antifa SJWs
man i'm sick of these fucking shitty buzz word labels BUT i can see why persona 5 could be that
>>
Boo hoo. All JRPG are linear.

If you want challenge, go play Dungeon Travelers 2
>>
>>384677824

So you're saying they should've brainwashed the whole fucking school?

The parents who ignored it because volleyball? The staff? The students who knew and didn't say shit?

Where do you draw the line?
>>
File: 1422995981028.gif (495KB, 500x390px) Image search: [Google]
1422995981028.gif
495KB, 500x390px
are vidfeo games art

ludo narrative dissonance

tfw too smart to enjoy bad jap pedo games for pedos
>>
File: 1463887728815.png (43KB, 341x267px) Image search: [Google]
1463887728815.png
43KB, 341x267px
>>384681172
>>384681272
>Basing the game on the tricker archetype makes it pretentious
Wew lad. If anything I am somewhat surprised they didn't do it earlier
>>
>>384681529
Fow is antifa a buzzword label?

It's was the thughs destroying the streets in Western cities call themselves.
>>
>>384681496
I think the complaint is that the puzzles never evolve past the tutorial stage. As in rather than them not being hard enough, it's more like there is literally nothing to them.
Could be wrong though.
>>
>>384681496
>brainlets
>arguing against puzzles
oh anon...

I actually like puzzles alot and enjoy them p5's however were way to simple and because of that they felt more like a chore than anything
>>
>>384681620
>tricker archetype
Trickster archetype
>>
>people don't take the story seriously, even though any given subplot (say, Eleanor's character arc about her learning to question the system she's a part of) in Berseria is far more nuanced, and, dare I say, relevant, than anything that Persona 5 has to offer. But since Persona is the darling of the media and gaming fanbase, it's the one that gets time in the limelight
> If Berseria can do this much with just two writers, why can't Kiseki do it with three times that? Why can't Persona do it with literally dozens?
>Berseria is actually fucking fully voiced, unvoiced fucking Per-
how can personafags ever recover?
>>
>>384681564
It's not there place to do that. that's the entire point about them "enforcing their will on world."

If Ann believes she is getting sexually assaulted then she needs to A) stop seeing professor and B) press charges. Again it's a game about people being responsible for the consequences of all their actions yet the phantom knives aren't holding people responsible for their bad decisions.
>>
Is it me or is there some track straight outta Catherine in this game?
>>
>>384681713
Brainlets are ok with stupid puzzles breaking game cohesion because they find them enjoyable when they are one-off gameplay elements separate from everything else, and furthermore puzzles in games are often low difficulty making them an even larger waste of time

Me like puzzle make my brain think
>alot
>>
>>384681780
What was the point of posting that picture anyway?
>>
File: 1472809420148.jpg (41KB, 376x337px) Image search: [Google]
1472809420148.jpg
41KB, 376x337px
I'm in Okumura's Palace and honestly, all my will to play and finish this game has completely dried up. This was my first Persona game and I really enjoyed the first 30 hours or so, but now the characters really feel flat, they didn't progress at all, the Palaces are always the same thing repeated all over again and it's extremely easy to see where the plot is going and who the main baddies are. I really can't bring myself to finish it and I'm kind of sad about it, but it's really too boring for me at this point.
>>
>Moogy is a casual
I guess that should have been obvious, but damn.
>>
>>384681950
DDS1 had some good puzzle like dungeons. Like that coordinate 136 castle dungeon.
>>
>>384681950
>braking game cohesion
The puzzles in p5 make sense though, you're literally raiding dungeons to steal treasure, of course their would be traps to disarm and ways to block your progress
>>
>>384682013
>Quitting before the ruse cruise
>>
>>384681625
people can call themselves buzzword things

>>384682013
i want to say that you're missing out on something special by not finishing it and it's a shame that i can't
>>
>>384682013
spoiler
>>
File: 1496328213746.jpg (14KB, 260x307px) Image search: [Google]
1496328213746.jpg
14KB, 260x307px
>>384682254
forgot pic
>>
>>384681713
Puzzles were easy, but they were thematically consistent at least, and you never stay in the same area for too long. I understand that it can get a little tiring, but it means getting to the end feels more rewarding, as a dungeon crawler should.

In P3, you'd just reach a blocked off staircase and tackle the boss some other day. P4 was more of the same in that regard, with minor variations.
>>
>>384672309
What would you rate the other personas OP
>>
>>384682013
Sweatshop didn't revive your hype?
>>
Why haven't you played Nier: Automata yet? It's Kastel approved.

https://tanoshimi.xyz/2017/03/21/violet-evergarden-spoilers/#more-7016
>>
>>384682013
power through, that dungeon is utter shit
>>
>>384682013
Sadly the game stays that way all the way through. It's a shame because the concept is interesting as fuck but nothing interesting is done with it. P3 had good characters and all the gameplay changes supported the plot. P4 had fun character interactions and slice of life stuff. P5 doesn't seem to excel at anything, style can only do so much.
>>
>>384682013
I dont blame you the space station is without a doubt the worst palace on the game for me both thematically and gameplay wise but just power through that one and you be able to "probably" enjoy the game again
>>
File: 1500425129703.png (516KB, 853x720px) Image search: [Google]
1500425129703.png
516KB, 853x720px
Still don't know how they half assed the last 2 dungeons so much after casino. Literally every other smt with proper dungeons goes out with a bang on the final one.
>>
>Persona is a novel for uncultured teens
#wow #whoa
>>
File: 1496546548439.jpg (50KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1496546548439.jpg
50KB, 1280x720px
>That feel when no one likes Sweatshop.
>That feel when everyone thinks it's the worst dungeon.
>>
>>384672309
It did have a shitty ending and plot compared to the rest of the series, Persona 5 was an excellent disappointment
>>
>>384682759
can you tell me what you liked about it anon not trying to be an asshole I just wanna get the perspective if someone who actually enjoyed it
>>
>>384682505
non party confidants were great in P5
>>
>>384672309
>I'm tired of fucking fighting god at the end

I can get on board with this, but then again it wouldn't be an SMT spin-off if you didn't punch a god in the face at least once.
>>
>>384672309
>Unless you have some particular love for the original, the GBA version is actually better. Yes, I went there.
>Mana GBA version is better
Whatever opinion he has is void and null. You can't pull the nostalgia card on me. Because I played the GBA version first.

>Shitting on Dragon's trap
Yeah okay. I'm just going ignore this guy. Why are Import reviewers so fucking stupid?
>>
File: hm.jpg (50KB, 273x240px) Image search: [Google]
hm.jpg
50KB, 273x240px
2017 and atlus still can't program flags that check your social link status and alter character conversations in the main plot to reflect their growth and development
>>
File: 1472849535163.jpg (60KB, 501x759px) Image search: [Google]
1472849535163.jpg
60KB, 501x759px
Here is a picture of a handsome young man.
He did a lot of bad things. Kind of sad he died so young.
>>
>>384672309
>. I'm tired of protagonists being rewarded, even celebrated for enforcing their will on the world through violent means
But this doesn't happen in person 5, only like 10 people total in the game actually get hurt.

I like to rag on P5 as well but moogy-denka's criticisms are all fucking awful. And reeks of some one trying to get on the "let's call a popular game bad to get views / clicks" bandwagon rather than genuine analysis.
>>
>>384682559
Like the Izanami one?
>>
>>384682863
Not that guy but the theme behind the dungeon probably hit too close to home for me to actual working conditions nowadays
>>
>>384682386
Perhaps because they realized they'd never be able to comprehend it on so many intellectual layers as Kastel-sama.
>>
I'd take a game half the length if it meant we got more unique, bespoke events. I'd love to be able to walk around the park, a more detailed city center, etc.
Hell. I'd love to be able to go out dancing/karaoke (improved via stats).
Maybe I've just been playing too much Yakuza recently, but I'd love to see the group's dynamic in these more organic scenarios.
>>
File: 1471034224634.gif (1MB, 533x300px) Image search: [Google]
1471034224634.gif
1MB, 533x300px
>>384674617
>You fight his distorted self in his Palace.
>Thinks of himself as the foundation of the Phantom Thieves
>Final Boss of the Palace is Mishima looking like Joker, but a knock off version.
>Has 3 teammates that look like knock offs of your current party.
>>
>>384682863
>That theme is literally in the top 6 best songs in P5.
>That same theme enters the top 3 with the robot voices added in.
>Just as _bad as the rest of the Palaces in quality.
>Nice visuals.
>Puzzles were actually pretty good (Getting keys and verifications) until the shitty floating puzzle at least.
>Unique enemies that aren't just Personas. Seriously what was wrong with shadows? Now it's just shitty SMT.
>>
>>384682559
I don't know anon I thought mementos was a pretty alright palace even if it was a bit short
>>
>>384682013
You're at the worst part of the game. It gets better immediately after.
>>
>>384683002
Even then, I feel like that was kinda the point the game was making. The Phantom Theives thought they were doing the right thing, but were they really? Why should it be their call to forcefully change the perspective of others, what if that's not what people want, people like/want to be controlled, etc.
>>
File: 1471521930467.png (105KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1471521930467.png
105KB, 512x512px
>>384677824

Putting aside the fact that you're literally victim blaming, I actually understand where you're coming from to an extent in that there was never a moment where the Phantom Thieves weren't necessary. Mishima and the entire team cowered while Kamoshida fucked around, and even cowered behind you when Ryuji ran to confront him. Yosuke never gives Madarame a piece of his mind. It was never "I've done all I can do and this asshole will literally never change unless you force him to. Call in the Phantom Thieves." It was just "Call in the Phantom Thieves."

But more than anything, the game feels like a revenge fantasy. Assholes don't stop being assholes because you call them out on it or you tell them how you've hurt them. They know and they don't give a shit. People like Kamoshida would NEVER change under normal means, and even if someone called the cops nobody would testify against him because of the stigma of being a sexual assault victim (This IS Japan after all) and not wanting the police around the school.
>>
>>384682882
Here's all the female S.Links
>Hi Potter-kun I'm interested in you
>Potter-kun I have I problem, but I'm dealing with it so don't worry about it
>This asshole is oppressing me super hard like he's pure evil, what's that Potter-kun? A name? S/he's called arse hole
>Wow Potter-kun arse hole apologised and left me alone, this is fantastic.
>Don't worry Phantom thief-kun, I won't reveal your secret.
>>
A good chunk of the party members didn't need to exist
>>
>>384683537
pretty much just Makoto and Haru and maybe Futaba if her role was given to Mishima.
But hey, waifus amirite?
>>
>>384683420
desu almost all Slinks follow that formula. I don't see that formula being a flaw since it fits the theme of MC being a trickster and there was enough variation to keep it interesting
>>
>>384683537
Only two people should be there
>>
>>384683420
>Hi Potter-kun I'm interested in you
This is wrong tho
>>
>>384672309
> I'm tired of protagonists being rewarded, even celebrated for enforcing their will on the world through violent means

It should be noted that the people you "force your will upon" are known criminals, and pretty serious ones at that. You know for a fact that they did the crime, and they are always so blatantly evil that I struggle to accept the idea that it's wrong to make them regret their crimes. And it's hardly brainwashing, more just making them realize they are shitbags.

I get the whole philosophical debate, but those ideas are based around the fact that you can never be sure of a persons crime or motive. Joker can be sure, because it is impossible to hide it from him.
>>
>>384683720
I found it got old real quick, since it was the exact same formula as all of the main targets. Even down to the " I was treated like shit too" moments for the main targets and side requests.
>>
>>384673821
>The guy want's hard puzzle but doesn't want fatigue.

Ok i kinda agreed with you but then you said this
>>
File: 1499892093797.png (222KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1499892093797.png
222KB, 500x500px
>>384683204
I feel like that would be taking it too far. Undoubtedly he would be an absolute whiny annoying bitch, everyone would hate him, and any sympathy garnered from the Kamoshida incident would vanish. Every post that mentioned him would have replies along the lines of "the little stuck up bitch had it coming, he should get more beatings from Kamoshida and shut the hell up."

He would likely have become the most disliked character in the game.
>>
>>384683709
If you give Futaba's role to Mishima then you entirely break the plot.
>>
>>384681801
>Berseria
>nuanced

Berseria actually has a better story than P5, and it's one of the very few Tales games to have a story that isn't just trash let alone good, but it was in no way "nuanced". The biggest problem with the story is how fucking on-the-nose everything is.
>>
>>384683767
Potter-kun is just what I used to generalise the main character anon. I know you may have called him something different.
>>
>>384683940
I wanted to like the dude but he's the same tier as unlikable as Akechi.
>>
>>384684000
Not the potter part. They never interested in him.
>>
>>384683865
>since it was the exact same formula as all of the main targets
Wow it is almost as if PT was created to specifically deal with a certain group of people
>" I was treated like shit too" moments
Wow it is almost if most people are dicks coz people were dicks to them before.
Plus like Kamoshida and maybe Okumura had that exact rationale

Really makes me think
>>
>>384683832
>. And it's hardly brainwashing

It is brainwashing, you change their perception on their actions forcefully without them knowing and in a way that can't be done by normal means
>>
File: 1489161584679.jpg (402KB, 1280x1238px) Image search: [Google]
1489161584679.jpg
402KB, 1280x1238px
>>384683751
I agree.
Only kidding. Haru should've been a side character and Makoto should've been more than Mitsuru v2.0 Model 9500, but I like all of the thieves otherwise.
>>
>>384672309
running is also fun... but doing that for 5 hours straight it gets tiring

i dont think this bloke even played the game. theres much to love on the game aside from dungeon crawling.

puzzles arent there for a challenge, its to set the tempo of the game because it gets too monotonous to "ambush x" all the time.

the fans love persona not just for the gameplay but for the story, the highschool simulation and the getting friends that they never had

its a loser's dream game to immerse themselves, its not for everyone
>>
File: 309253.jpg (38KB, 225x350px) Image search: [Google]
309253.jpg
38KB, 225x350px
Persona 5 is a very good game, but to say it's anywhere even close to perfect is straight up lying.

There is one particularly huge flaw, and that's the whole fucking premise of the goddamn game. On paper the concept of Phantom Thieves trying to change the world by stealing people's twisted hearts is great, problem is that the game has a seriously hard time keeping this interesting. People often joke about Persona 4 being japanese Scooby Doo, but this is actually P4's biggest strength; the fact that 95% of the entire game is built around finding a serial killer. It's simple, it's solid, it's like that one anime that only was made to have one season and then it actually ends. By comparison P5 is like a typical shounen anime with multiple arcs with no real good idea of where it wants to ultimately go. It's messy and uneven. It makes a game that should've been the definitive Persona game come off as something lesser than the sum of it's parts.

I think that "Take Your Time" loading screen was made to be taken quite literally, because burning through P5 is exhausting.
>>
>>384684024
He almost got faggot tier for me with his shadow and all, but it was kinda expected and he more or less cleared up afterwords until the Hawaii trip jesus. Was that more or less why you didn't like him or something else?
>>
I HUMBLY REQUEST THAT YOU VOTE FOR ME, MASAYOSHI SHIDO
>>
>>384672309
>Is Moogy-denka right about Persona 5?
Who?
Literally, who?
Why is his opinion important? Is he an industry leader? a reviwer known for his in depth analysis and strong observations? As far a i can tell this is not the case, hes just some rando with a soap box.

As to his review it boils down too "Durrrr the narratives not deep enough HERRRP", he doesn't adress any of the nuance of the mechanics, the level design or anything pertinent to, you know a game?

My most important question is why would you even bother posting this.
>>
File: 1473834749934.png (138KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1473834749934.png
138KB, 512x512px
>>384684523
> the highschool simulation and the getting friends that they never had
>its a loser's dream game to immerse themselves, its not for everyone
hey!
you!
please!
no need!
to remind us
>>
>>384684545
>By comparison P5 is like a typical shounen anime with multiple arcs with no real good idea of where it wants to ultimately go. It's messy and uneven.
I felt this for P3 and P4. P5 to me felt more structured like the devs actually know what it tried to bring without it being dull.

And I play P4 first, and I like P3 the best out of all of them. It's just that P5 hands down the better game.
>>
>>384684572
I was expecting to redeem himself after his involvement with Kamoshida. Turned out to be a crazy fan and a whiny bitch. Your summary was accurate though
>>
>>384684545
WOAH.. BURNING THROUGH A 100HR GAME IS EXHAUSTING?!?!?!
WHO WOULD'VE THUNK IT, ANON, YOU'RE A GENIUS!
>>
File: moogy.jpg (87KB, 320x794px) Image search: [Google]
moogy.jpg
87KB, 320x794px
>>384684758
He's some pretentious shit who's sorta well known in the VN community.
>>
>>384681804
>Call the police.
>They either get paid off or just look the other way.

Looks like we're breaking your leg again....
>>
File: CwwH6SQUoAAYy3Z.jpg orig.jpg (140KB, 700x1000px) Image search: [Google]
CwwH6SQUoAAYy3Z.jpg orig.jpg
140KB, 700x1000px
>>384684545
>because burning through P5 is exhausting.
>Trying to rush a 100 plus hour game
I mean of course you're gonna get burned out. It's like trying plow though FC and SC back to back.
>>
>>384683865
>all the s-links
>when sun and hierophant exist

I can start to see what you mean except Haru's father and Shido were simply consumed by their ambition, though most bosses were formulaic. They blew their load too early with Kamoshida, he was fucking fantastic, and they tried to copy that format.
That being said, its better written than in 3 and 4 which somehow were worse. 4 was nothing but self insert cliche and 3 was them fucking around till the abrupt exposition overload to the last last boss.

My complaint was that they didn't take enough gameplay from SMT. The bossfights were underwhelming, especially as the game ramped up in the end. More of the Akechi boss rush with unique mechanics please.
>>
File: 1495367078587.jpg (11KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1495367078587.jpg
11KB, 480x360px
>>384684896
Woah there kid, no need to go full autistic to express your opinion
>>
>>384685065
lmao'ing @ ur life
just calling out his idiocy
>>
>>384684873
>P5 to me felt more structured like the devs actually know what it tried to bring

Yeah that's why Haru integration in the gane was so well placed right and totally wasn't another Naoto situation? That's why Akechi's arc was so well done right?

Fuck outta here, literally the same shit gathering members each boss before the game ends right after.
>>
>>384684996
>100 plus
I beat the game and ran through NG+ for the platinum and it took me 100 hours overall. What the fuck takes you people so long
>>
>>384685065
technically he's right.
>>
File: YHVH.jpg (31KB, 300x348px) Image search: [Google]
YHVH.jpg
31KB, 300x348px
>>384672309
>not siding with YHVH
>>
I dont understand how all these people took more than 50 hours to beat it, 100+ seems rediculous.
>>
>>384673821
Even on Merciless the game is still brain-dead easy compare to 3/4 and other mainline games.
>>
>>384684996
I can burn through a great hundred hour JRPG easily. P5 required breaks of up to half a month to not feel stale for me.
>>
>>384685191
Took me about 80 hours with my normal playthrough. Then again, I did every dungeon in 1 day, which becomes a slog near the end of each dungeon.
>>
File: 1498099507871.png (11KB, 496x543px) Image search: [Google]
1498099507871.png
11KB, 496x543px
>>384685189
>Have YHVH but no Sophia
Gonna be so mad is she is not in P5:Crimson
>>
File: latest[1].png (732KB, 523x1745px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
732KB, 523x1745px
>>384685162
i like to find the date routes with sensei!

I FUCKING LOVE SENSEI!!!! STOP FUCKING JUDGING ME!!!!
>>
>>384673692
Why should we care at all about his opinion on video games?
>>
>>384685150
>Yeah that's why Haru integration in the gane was so well placed right and totally wasn't another Naoto situation? That's why Akechi's arc was so well done right?
Yes. I don't see the problem with it.

>literally the same shit gathering members each boss before the game ends right after.
If you're familiar with rpg this shouldn't bother you.

Why do you sound so mad?
>>
>>384684758
Moogy has a tendency to get replies all the time. The guy has never been right about a single thing in his life.
>>
>>384685162
I'm just saying in general mate. Personally I am a rather a slow player so there you go. And because I leave the game on sometime which can fuck with the actual in-game timer.

>>384685238
Well then. I can't argue that really. If you can do that then great job. But not many can.
>>
>>384685238
Opposite for me. I either dropped midway jrpg or lost interest in certain parts and never picking it up again, yet with P5, I just want to play it whenever I'm not at home.
>>
>>384685150
Everything after the Okumura arc just has pacing issues since it's the part of the Lupin III season where the main story suddenly kicks in after being teased over the course of the 20 generally unrelated eps that preceded it.
>>
>I'm tired of fighting god at the end
I guess it's semantics but you're not fighting god in the traditional sense, just "a" god, which feels different to me than just fighting an omniscient being. It's the difference between somehow beating an all powerful being and godhood just being your personal strength and force of will, and that plays into the theme of rebellion by reinforcing the idea that anyone can rise up and become powerful by embracing who they are.

Am I off base here? If it was just lolkillgod I'd agree with him but I think that distinction is important and considering how much the idea of rebellion and one's personality is woven into the game over 60-100 hours, I don't think what I said is a stretch.

It's also my first and only persona game so maybe I'm reading too much into it?
>>
File: 1489250419829.png (276KB, 546x361px) Image search: [Google]
1489250419829.png
276KB, 546x361px
>>384685468
>I just want to play it whenever I'm not at home.
thats me with every game I play and when i get home I dont feel like playing anymore
>>
>>384685357
I'M NOT MAD YOU FAT FUCK, FUCK OFF WITH THIS 'PERSONA 5 IS AMAZEBALLZ 10/10 TOO MANY WAIFUS' BULLSHIT ALREADY
got i hate this board sometimes
>>
>>384685165
Length has little to do with feeling burned out, it's all a matter of keeping things interesting.
>>
File: 1473617788528.png (586KB, 952x1008px) Image search: [Google]
1473617788528.png
586KB, 952x1008px
>>384685142
>>384685165
his shitposting game could use some work
I was pretty enraptured all the way through
but
it's an opinion
>>
File: 1468520473958.gif (2MB, 360x270px) Image search: [Google]
1468520473958.gif
2MB, 360x270px
>>384673576
>Favorite game
>Bubsy 1
Hilariously bad taste as usual, never change /v/.
>>
File: ok kid.jpg (68KB, 431x450px) Image search: [Google]
ok kid.jpg
68KB, 431x450px
>>384672309
>Sure it's a fun game
>lists some nitpicks
>4/10
>>
>>384685642
the art/character portraits in P3/4 are complete dogshit and make it really hard to go back to.
definitely the reason why most people will only touch 5, and for good reason.
>>
>>384685770
Back to Bloodborne.
>>
>>384685597
Dude, like I said earlier P3 are my personal favorite. It's just that P5 just done it better, like you really can feel the urgency in each day. In P3, it felt nothing, each day just feel normal. And for P4, it was also feel normal until there's sudden fog and you lose the game.
>>
>>384685567
You can probably read into it more than this, but basically Yaldy's exactly the same as the other cognitions.
He's given power by the people to fulfill their desires, so yeah he's not an actual god. Just an entity created from humanity's subconscious.

There's also some implications that they're all a part of P3's big bad too, but I haven't seen concrete proof of this.
>>
>>384685238
And I ate the game up at the same hungry pace as I went through EO4 and Chrono Cross. But I had to take breaks for Strange Journey and FFT:O. Does that mean SJ, Disgeia and Tactics Ogre are objectively objectively for everyone?

What are you trying to prove with that arguement, anon?
>>
>>384685810
I thought 3's were fine/good for the most part, but I agree with you on most of 4's. The side characters especially got the shaft.
>>
File: 1490586663681.png (506KB, 599x510px) Image search: [Google]
1490586663681.png
506KB, 599x510px
>>384685810
>watch clips of the persona 4 anime
>characters and side characters look attractive
>play persona 4 golden
>character potraits are ugly as sin especially the side characters
were they going for a more realistic approach?
>>
>>384685873
Nothing, I voiced my reasons for why I thought P5 was an uneven experience in a thread about discussing the issues of P5.
>>
>>384685567
You aren't fighting any kind of god, you're fighting a treasure that people turned into a god and have the power to cast it aside at any moment. Him being that weak is reflecting how the sentiments that created him are shallow. And they are, because you don't win in the end because everyone suddenly understood the main cast, you win because despite how many people cry about wanting it, to quote a show written by Lindelof everyone is too chicken shit to die.
>>
File: 1482442926327.jpg (43KB, 275x480px) Image search: [Google]
1482442926327.jpg
43KB, 275x480px
P3FES and the Portable version (for replays) are the only good nu-Persona games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48eRqm7S4jY

This is objective.
>>
>>384685357
>Yes. I don't see the problem with it.

Oh look anothet retarded drone. Having characters like Haru who do nothing for the plot is a huge waste of time. Literally has zero reason to be a major character when all she did was open the gate. The others may have been similar with this but she truly did jack shit.

Having a rival character like Akechi who was prominent through the game only for him to reveal everything in a single confrontation and right after that fucks off for good in the rest of the game is terrible, the same guy who was the killer through the whole game gets put in to the background immediately when found out. They put all that effort on his loki redesign just for some short segment and never to see again.
>>
>>384672309
If you admit that a game is fun and has enjoyable combat, music, and art design but still rate it a 4/10 because you didn't find it intellectually stimulating, you're a piece of shit that blames the fucking rock after you fail to get blood from a stone.

>>This album was enjoyable to listen to with tight pacing and solid production, but it didn't reinvent the genre and instead only refined and polished what we'd already heard before from the artist. 4/10

>>This movie kept me engaged from the opening scene to the final credits, the lead actors gave great performances and the director did a wonderful job presenting it all. But I knew where the plot was going halfway in and wasn't fooled by the twist, 4/10.

>>I finished all 300 pages of this book in one sitting, it kept me so engrossed in the characters and narrative. The dialogue was well written, the author didn't drag his feet through the action and it ended with a satisfying resolution. But it's just another piece of genre fiction rather than the next great American novel, and despite enjoying it I know it won't revolutionize literature as we know it. 4/10.

It's a game. Games are supposed to be fun. If you had fun for over a hundred hours, it's not a fucking 4/10.

Mass Effect Andromeda was a 4/10 game (being generous), 4/10 as a rating means you regret buying it and feel you wasted your time trying to see if it ever got good.

What a pretentious faggot.
>>
File: 084.png (298KB, 600x512px) Image search: [Google]
084.png
298KB, 600x512px
>I'm tired of protagonists being rewarded, even celebrated for enforcing their will on the world through violent means.

its an rpg you faggot do you expect them to solve problems by talking it out?
>>
>>384672309
>Sure, it's a fun game
So it's already above a 5/10. He's tired of things he admit is fun so obviously he's being disingenuous.
>>
>>384672309
>I'm tired of protagonists being rewarded, even celebrated for enforcing their will on the world through violent means
I'm glad they put that at the top so I don't have to read the rest of it.
>>
File: Naoto-P4-The-Animation.png (340KB, 1091x1461px) Image search: [Google]
Naoto-P4-The-Animation.png
340KB, 1091x1461px
>>384672612
hahaha oof gottem XD
>>
>>384686315
You sound like you'll kill yourself one day because someone threats an arbitrary number scale differently than you.

>>384686347
You too.
>>
I understand having a rating system that isn't inflated as shit, but this guy doesn't seem interested in grading games based on their, well, gameplay.
Instead of telling us not to take his scores too seriously, he shouldn't have made his personal circlejerk of a list public to begin with.
>>
File: OBJECTIVED FACT.jpg (91KB, 795x347px) Image search: [Google]
OBJECTIVED FACT.jpg
91KB, 795x347px
>>384686242
You got any further evidence?
Like survey or something?
>>
>>384686321
He expects them to solve their problems all sitting in a circle of armchairs, smoking pipes and discussing morality at length until they arrive at the end of the game without a single interesting thing happening.
Which is the exact opposite of what P5 is. In fact we found out a few months ago that refusing to address the morality of the cast's actions in th game was something that was done deliberately.
>>
>>384686484
Persona 5 is new.
>>
>>384686185
>you're fighting a treasure that people turned into a god
He's the same as those "desires/treasures" in the palaces, from what I gathered.
>>
>>384686484
What the fuck is this list. Why is DQ3 so high
>>
>>384686542
Doesn't change that people objectively loved it.
>>
File: 1451826709999.gif (38KB, 608x545px) Image search: [Google]
1451826709999.gif
38KB, 608x545px
>>384684896
I had fun with Dragon Quest 7 all the way.
>>
>>384686584
>Japan not loving DQ
Anon please.
>>
>>384686626
That list is going to change with time, Persona 3 is that fucking high despite that fact that it's been more than ten years after it released.

Will P5 stay in that number one spot? Come on faggot.

>>384686584
Japs are retarded for DQ for some reason.
>>
File: 1500428989048.png (42KB, 374x490px) Image search: [Google]
1500428989048.png
42KB, 374x490px
>>384686242
Was gonna complain that the whole song was pretty underwhelming compared to the first 30 seconds of the song but then I realized all nu-Persona opening has the exact same flaw
>>
>>384686447
If your rating is not a reflection of entertainment value it's useless in a review.
>>
Hollow Knight - Boring and monotonous, with oversized screens that offer no meaningful challenge on a micro level. Blindly copies Souls games in all the most annoying ways. Confused, oversaturated visual design that draws the player's eyes everywhere except where they should be looking. This has nothing to offer over any other ~indievania~, so set your sights elsewhere.

shills btfo
>>
>>384672309
PILLAGE THEM!
>>
>>384686708
>>384686706
I get they love DQ, why 3 of all the series
>>
>>384686447
I'm tired of people unable to enjoy something on its own merits and who instead act like every work in a given medium HAS to be a lofty work of art in order to be worth your time or good.

Die Hard is not Twelve Angry Men. That does not mean Die Hard is a bad movie, and it also doesn't mean that you can't enjoy both for what they are.

This cocksucker is holding a game he himself admits he enjoyed to a standard that he knows it can't pass just so he can shit on it and make some pseudo intellectual comments about games glorifying "imposing your will through violence" as if that's somehow bad. Yeah buddy I sure imposed my will all over those fucking demons with a shotgun, I guess Doom was a bad game because carmack didn't give you the option to blow the enemies instead of shoot them.
>>
>>384686348
This.
What kind of videogames does he play then? Domination through violence is the core of everything except Ace Attorney and indieshitvwalking simulators. Can you even "play" VNs?
>>
>>384686727
Yeah.

But denka posted reviews ranging from 1/10 to 10/10, so at least you can see how he rates games relatively to each other.

Will you kys when you see he gave 2/10 to Hollow Knight and Bloodbrony?

>>384686893
Seek help.
>>
>>384673692
>Dies irae ~Amantes amentes~ (light/Regista) - Editing (about 1.5 chapters' worth)
He quite literally proof read a small section and pointed out like two small typos. He literally said so himself. That does not qualify as editing, holy fuck.
>>
>>384686569
that's exactly what he was. Society's desires can be overcome on their own just like the distortions in anyone else, though Sae, Yuki ad Goro are the only ones that do this on their own in the entire game.
>>
>>384686305
>Literally has zero reason to be a major character when all she did was open the gate.
Not really, if you can actually remember what happened during Okumura arc, you'll know she isn't just opening the gate.

And Akechi just a red herring for the real twist anyway. Which surprised a lot of people.
What you're doing is just shrugging everything you don't like and ignored it. Of course you don't like it.
Being triggered over people actually paid attention to the game is just a sign that you really really hate the game no matter what.
>>
>>384672309
>I want them to stuff faggot puzzles in the middle of the dungeon
did a woman write this
>>
>>384686807
ITS SCARY HOW GOOD I AM
>>
>>384686867
Because 3 is the most popular one. As in it sold the most of all DQ games.
>>
>>384686986
If you think reviews that aren't based on whether or not someone found the product enjoyable are good, then you're the one that needs help
>>
>>384686469
You should also know that Moogy pretty much start disliking something just because it's popular and translated.
>>
>>384686708
>Will P5 stay in that number one spot? Come on faggot.
I didn't say that my opinion are objectively correct, unlike you>>384686242
>>
>>384687178
examples?
>>
File: 1499956278040.jpg (309KB, 849x565px) Image search: [Google]
1499956278040.jpg
309KB, 849x565px
Too handholdy for me and they kept restricting me to do shit in the game in the dungeons. I gave up after the 4th palace and went back to bloodborne. This the type of shit VNfags play.
>>
>>384687131
Haru is also there to be a complete opposite of her father, including how much stronger she is physically despite being subservient to him for so long. Like Haru's dad wouldn't have even gotten the fertilizer onto that cart in the first place
>>
>>384687165
I didn't react to the point of your post, just the autism and rage you expressed yourself with. Seek help.
>>
>>384686986
I didn't read 20 reviews to figure out his arbitrary form of rating because that's stupid and defeats the point of a rating.
>>
>>384672309
He likes NieR Automata, Dungeon Travelers 2(-2), and Distorted Travesty 3, sounds alright in my book.
>>
>>384687243
You sound like the kind of person that doesn't deserve BB tbqh
>>
>>384687121
>Sae
Did they not steal her treasure? Didn't they take it out while setting up their little trick?

>Goro
He overcame his desires? Wasn't he an unrepentant dick right up until the moment he shot himself, and even then he still stayed true to wanting to screw over Shido.

I remember Mishima, but I don't recall those two doing it.
>>
>>384687542
No, they didn't take Sae's treasure in the end.
>>
>>384687165
>Everyone drags personal politics and their belief systems into their game reviews so its subjective and random as possible
>Everyone except ironically the fucking Christ Centered Game site where gameplay and fun is scored separately from morality and message

JUST FUCK MY SHIT UP SENPAI
>>
>>384687542
>Didn't they take it out while setting up their little trick?
The whole point of the trick was to pretend to take the treasure like what Akechi wanted, ie no they did not.
>>
>>384672309
You can't deny that the gameplay at least for P5 is leaps and bounds ahead of everything that came before it. At the same time though is is easy to see that Persona has become formulaic. If you played P3 and P4 than unless you're a moron you knew exactly what you were going to get with P5. Does that stop in from being a bad game? No, but it does stop if from truly standing out against its predecessors like P3 did with P1 and 2.
>>
>>384687390
Meh, bloodborne just let's me play the game immediately.

Persona 5 was too much like sun and moon for me the way they kept treating it's players as if they're retarded
>>
>>384687309
I'm not autistic or enraged. I think the nobody in the OP is wrong and people that think like him are disingenous with themselves over what they want from games. This isn't something I agonize over, I spent five minutes writing shitposts about it on a north korean underwater basketweaving imageboard, and now I move on because he's a literal-who with poor opinions and nothing will come of this whole exercise
>>
>>384687621
>>384687741
Then why'd she change? There's no reason for her to if that's the case. You can't tell me it's 'cause Joker told a good story, because that's just stupid.
She was clearly ready to ignore the truth entirely to succeed in the workplace, that's the whole point of her palace.
>>
>>384672309
>Sure, it's a fun game
>4/10
literally what did he mean by this?
Also literally who?
>>
>>384687897
>>384687542
It's time to replay the game anon, clearly you did not pay even the tiniest bit of attention and missed a lot of parts that are incredibly vital to the theme and message P5 tries to bring across.
>>
>>384684179
>Wow it is almost as if PT was created to specifically deal with a certain group of people
Yeah and these people seem to be everywhere suffering with extremely similar problems, almost like they're from the same mold.

>Wow it is almost if most people are dicks coz people were dicks to them before.
Yeah all we need now is to complain about it with the same sad piano music over it.

P5 tries to take multiple issues then force them all into an easy to follow template, so they all feel forced, off, and under-utilised.

>>384685049
P3's S.Links are pretty shit, they're short and half of them are arse holes that you're forced to be nice to. Which is still a problem in the later games, as it's still about picking the answers that they want to hear, not what you want to say.

I barely remember 4's S.Links and 5's are starting to blur too now. They're all badly written, just 5's are longer.
>>
>>384687542
They didn't, that was the whole point. They left her Palace as is so they could pull off the ruse. If they took her treasure that would've been impossible.

Goro was not unrepentant, that is the entire point of his death dialogue. Wanting to screw over Shido was never what was compelling him to do what he was doing, it was being desired by him, and he desecrated his own justice to do this, hence "make Shido answer for his crimes, please". And on a more symbolic note, they had him say that as part of a deal with Joker.
>>
>>384687897
Because Joker convinced her through his testimony that he was telling the truth and by appealing to her sense of justice.
>>
>>384687897
What's the point of playing an text based rpg if you just gonna skipped it?
Is it even worth wasting time playing game you don't even paid attention to JUST to shitpost on /v/?

Like, you won't even get any fun, what's the point?
>>
>review scores
Literally the most stupid shit in this day and age.
If you can't give your impression towards the game throughout your description or review or during the summary, then you're a twat.
>>
>>384672494
If you honestly believe that was the point of Undertale then you're not looking very hard.
>>
File: 1488760921678.png (266KB, 665x574px) Image search: [Google]
1488760921678.png
266KB, 665x574px
>>384672309
>rated Rabi-Ribi 3/10 because the cutscenes were "poorly translated"
what the actual fuck?
So this guy is being as shallow and openly contrarian as possible to get (you)s, right?
>>
>>384688379
>responding to obvious bait
>>
>>384672309
>I DONT LIKE <popular new game> PLEASE GIVE ME CLICKS
Fuck off shill
>>
>>384688026
>>384688160
>>384688234
Fair enough. I wasn't really paying as much attention at that point, clearly.

>>384688245
>Like, you won't even get any fun, what's the point?
I thoroughly enjoyed the gameplay anon, I don't really care for the social or story side though.
I was just trying to understand. I wasn't trying to say the game was bad, because I honestly loved playing through it.
>>
>>384688396
this is literally what Moogy is, yes
he's famous with fans of Umineko for completely embarrassing himself in a big hate post he made for that series
>>
>neet weeb high schooler with superpowers fantasy isnt all its cracked up to be

who could have guessed
>>
>>384688396
The only thing Moogy is ever right about is J-E translation and he's not even a major expert in that field.
>>
The entire "stealing hearts" thing seems designed to make them not actual thieves, which causes more problems than it solves. Lupin and co. are actual thieves and they're still likable, so why shy away from it? What probably would have workes batter is having them accomplish goals that would be impossible in the real world by going into Palaces and stealing secrets or otherwise impossible-to-obtain evidence, and having that evidence affect the real world. That would probably support the underlying metaphor better too.
>>
>>384688434
You're nothing compared to Moogy-denka.
>>
>>384688434
But he loved Nier Automata and that's one of the most wanked over games in quite a while.
Sounds like you just can't see past the shiny surface of a lot of these games and love them despite their flaws, which is totally okay by the way, I wish I could eat literal shit up if it happened to have some choco sprinkles on it.
>>
>>384688048
>Yeah and these people seem to be everywhere suffering with extremely similar problems
Extremely similar is pretty overreacting. The problem are varied but happens to a lot of people in japan. Based on what you said, you're judging it as the same because people have problems.

Which is pretty fucking stupid.
>>
File: neuters.png (75KB, 196x254px) Image search: [Google]
neuters.png
75KB, 196x254px
>>384685189
>can only side with YHVH in Megami Tensei 2
>it's the best ending
>>
>>384688458
He is right about Umineko though, game literally shits itself in the second part. R07 is just known as a hack and laughed at by japan now, he ruined his reputation.
>>
>>384672309
>Sure, it's a fun game, but that's all it is. I am very

stopped reading there.

if you didn't also, you're literally retarded.
>>
>>384688774
Don't reply to braindead Umineko shitters.
>>
>>384686893
/thread
>>
>>384688458
>>384688774
I don't know what series this is but if the guy in the OP is against it that pretty much has to be the contrarian viewpoint
>>
>>384688620
Not that guy, but you can only said that if the guy actually brought up legit point, which in this case is not.
And sound like he doesn't like the game for the sake of being contrarian.
>>
>>384688423
You're right. But I think I see it too often as not obvious bait or in fact complete sincerity.
>>
>>384688458
to be fair Umineko pretty much does shit itself in the second half but this retard is still retarded
>>
>>384688884
He literally wrote a 5k+ words long essay on Automata.
>>
>>384683961
Elaborate.
>>
>>384688961
I said in this case, do you even read OP's post?
>>
>>384672309
>Is Moogy-denka right
No. Pretty much any prominent Japanese translator involved with the weeb community is an insufferable raging faggot. I'm starting to believe too many moonrunes cause brain cancer.
>>

He's not doing that though. It's the downtrodden and disenfranchised lashing out at the corrupt establishment.

Stupid socialist fucks used to love that kinda stuff.
>>
>>384688961
That was Kastel-sama, not Moogy-denka.
>>
>>384688989
The entire reason Shido was able to set up the Phantom Thieves is because they manipulated the Phansite. If you merge Futaba into Mishima, then there's no way that tampering would slip by someone that competent (Futaba herself is able to discover it even without being the site admin when she investigates it later if I remember correctly), so the entire setup for the Phantom Thieves falls apart. That isn't to say the story would be impossible, it would just have to change drastically to accompany such a change.
>>
>>384688880
Almost everyone agrees that the second half is either awful, or that there are interesting ideas extremely poorly executed. A personal tragedy happened to the author during the writing of the later episodes and that bled into the work, so some people are more understanding given the circumstances than others. However, the first half is pretty well regarded, so his dismissal of it completely is contrarian.
>>
>>384688627
The crux of nearly all of the S.Links is some guy being an irredeemable asshole to the person you are trying to level. The rest of the S.Link is legit just fluff that has no point in being there because you don't interact with it. There's nothing wrong with fluff if it's written well and interesting, but in P5's case it's not, and after a while everyone's problems blend together because they're all presented and solved in the exact same way. Only a few actually try and break the mold and they are the interesting ones.
>>
>>384689148
The chink has his own blog, it's also full of misinformation and made up bullshit about the game. Moogy has his own.
>>
>>384672309
>enforcing their will on the world through violent means
I never got how people could think this
Even in game when they got all depressed and asked if they were really doing the right thing

Hey fuckers - they spelled it out right from the get go. Every palace is the result of distorted desires. They are suffering some megalomania and this is not who they really are. You are morally righteous to be stealing their treasures by default. Doesn't matter if it is the burger shop guy or literally anyone else with a palace - you are in the right.
>>
>>384689292
>misinformation and made up bullshit about the game
Like?
>>
>>384689098
You know it's true when they all jumped on the ESL hate train for P5's localization without ever actually seeing a single part of the game that was actually hurt by the 8 editor rush job. Some of those idiots thought a localized joke referencing Fate was an error with the script. It's absolutely ridiculous, even when they're right they're still wrong.
>>
File: 1499815336563.jpg (25KB, 680x383px) Image search: [Google]
1499815336563.jpg
25KB, 680x383px
>shit on Persona 5 since release
>was considered shitposting
>now everyone is shitting on P5

Well atleast everyone is aware of this overrated turs
>>
>>384689434
>ESL hate train
Most of the people who opposed them were ESL though.
>>
>>384689434
>You know it's true when they all jumped on the ESL hate train for P5's localization without ever actually seeing a single part of the game that was actually hurt by the 8 editor rush job
Are you talking about that red and black website? I hoped they were just out of context and that in the actual game they'd be fine, but there really are a lot of very awkwardly translated lines that are even voice acted.
>>
>>384689098
The best thing you can do after learning Japanese is remove yourself from the EOP sphere. Let those shit-eaters eat shit in peace. Being the one who provides or criticizes the shit is a shitty job.
>>
>>384688048
>Yeah all we need now is to complain about it with the same sad piano music over it.
What the game gonna do? Give you a "Press X to fix econ-sociological issues in society"? Shedding light on it is good enough desu.

>force them all into an easy to follow template
Wow it is almost as if the changing heart shit is the core reason for why P5 even exist. And as some anon already said, the problems and motivations are vastly different from one another
>>
>>384673203
>Bloodborne
>repusively bland aesthetics
Holy shit how can anyone, not only have shit taste but being objectively blind?
>>
>>384689563
what kind of pathetic human are you?

i know for a fact you just haven't played it, i hate this place so much.
>>
>>384673949
He loves VNs and shit so probably.
>>
File: 1497120180516.gif (3MB, 700x285px) Image search: [Google]
1497120180516.gif
3MB, 700x285px
>>384675813
>Haru
>great Confidant
>>
>>384677824
You realize the cult of personality is a thing? There are plenty of real world examples that show what you are saying is incorrect, if someone is popular/powerful enough most people will look away.

Jerry Sandusky was raping kids for 15 fucking year, and people still see him as a hero.
>>
>>384689721
It really is, though. Did you even do it or are you just meme-ing, anon-kun.
>>
>>384677824
>what is Penn State
>>
>>384689721
yeah believe it or not the elephant tea was not the focus of the entire thing
Instead she spent her storyline overwhelmed with having inherited her father's company, distrusting everyone around her, while still trying to steer it in the direction she wanted it to go. Was a much better story than Mitsuru's.
>>
>>384685867
All gods in the persona universe are born of the collective unconscious though.
>>
File: deku-costume.png.jpg (45KB, 500x353px) Image search: [Google]
deku-costume.png.jpg
45KB, 500x353px
>>384689702
>already damage controlling with the "you haven't played it" argument

Lmfao kill yourself. P5 was trash.
>>
File: 1481758133910.gif (4MB, 605x600px) Image search: [Google]
1481758133910.gif
4MB, 605x600px
>>384672309
Howling
>>
>>384689224
>The crux of nearly all of the S.Links is some guy being an irredeemable asshole to the person you are trying to level.
Exactly what I said before, this is common even irl so I don't see anything wrong with it.

>The rest of the S.Link is legit just fluff that has no point in being there because you don't interact with it.
Which is exactly the point, you're not the center of the story, you're just there watching. And only move when things getting out of hand.
Which is actually the point of being PT, saving the victim when there's no other way.

>There's nothing wrong with fluff if it's written well and interesting, but in P5's case it's not
Very, very subjective opinion.
>>
File: ss (2017-07-21 at 05.32.10).png (23KB, 627x260px) Image search: [Google]
ss (2017-07-21 at 05.32.10).png
23KB, 627x260px
https://twitter.com/moogy0/status/888419585371885569
Notice me Moogy-sama~~
>>
>>384690036
OP here.

Kyaaaaaaaaaaaaa, Moogy-denka noticed my thread!
>>
>>384688458
Wait, is he the guy who had that giant reddit shitpost about feeling that he is leaving the visual novel community behind because they keep playing the popular ones and he doesn't have anyone to discuss obscure untranslated ones with?
That was a riot to read. Talk about a superiority complex.
>>
>>384689224
No dumbass. The arc of most SLinks
>Meet SLinks
>Find out SLinks' problems
>Convince/encourage SLink to confront or change themselves
>Faced a obstacle that SLinks can't fix alone
>Mementos
etc etc. You can bitch about SLink to be uninteresting and shit coz that is just your shit opinion and taste but get the details right first
>>
>>384672309
>Stops rapist from raping underage girls
>Enforcing your will

I wonder if people understand that arguably the only villain that was batshit crazy evil was madarame.
>>
>>384674037

>Calls the police
>No proof
>Nobody testifies because "muh parents" "muh school" "muh voleyball championship"

Good idea.
>>
File: 1306809563764.png (201KB, 576x432px) Image search: [Google]
1306809563764.png
201KB, 576x432px
>that guy who complains about souls games having no music
>>
THE BEST THREE SOCIAL LINKS OBJECTIVELY

1. Yoshida
2. Iwai
3. Mifune
>>
>>384689930
I disagree.
>>
>>384673576
Sonic shuffle has absolutely no redeeming qualities, and I challenge you to name 3
>>
>>384689673
>What the game gonna do? Give you a "Press X to fix econ-sociological issues in society"?
How about giving moral choices to the player in how to handle these different situations, rather than make them a mini boss to check off. Also how about adding a varied cast of characters so the problem are not just dealt by naive teenagers going "WOO Phantom thieves rule, we're right you're wrong".

>Wow it is almost as if the changing heart shit is the core reason for why P5 even exist.
Yeah and it's handled badly.

>And as some anon already said, the problems and motivations are vastly different from one another
Which are all handled in the exact same way, beat a mini-boss in mementos.
>>
>>384690189
No it was because the majority of them were ironic Steam weebs who only played garbage games "ironically", not because of popularity. Still a superiority complex sperg-out, but a more justified one.
>>
>>384690284
But that's its greatest flaw. Not having any music in the background makes every chunk of the game a lifeless slog making it to the boss I can't even say this shit ironically, how can someone say it seriously
>>
>>384689894
>Izanami.
>Yaldybaoth.
>Chronos.
>Hino-kagutsutchi.
>Mikuratana-no-Kami.
All of them for sure. I think the only 3 exceptions are Philemon, Nyarly and Nyx.(Not P1 Nyx.) I don't know if the first two are gods though, or even if Nyx would count.

Nyx is implied to be the reason for the collective unconsciousness, though again no confirmation.
>>
>>384690403
>gets upset that reddit is filled with secondaries who play shitty games
wow who could have guessed
>>
>>384690608

Isn't Philemon the the representation of the collective unconsciousness goodness with Nyarly being the opposite?
>>
>>384690392
>should I stop this rape from happening yes/no
>w-well both choices are equally moral who needs gameplay?
>>
>>384690608
everyone is from the collective unconscious except for Nyx, which is a harmless thing called to earth by the collective unconscious. The real problem in 3 was added into the story with FES and that was also from the collective unconscious as well
>>
>>384690392
So you wanted more talking options in Confidants instead of letting P5 integrate game play and story together? Again that is just like your fucking opinion man. But pretending that every problem in SLinks and motivation behind each miniboss is the same is just fucking retarded
>>
>>384689887
>she has it hard cus she is rich and cant trust nobody caus they are evil

really

>>384689773
i am not "meme-ing"

she is the worst character in persona
>>
File: 1496585756131.jpg (52KB, 336x370px) Image search: [Google]
1496585756131.jpg
52KB, 336x370px
>if you want something that actually enriches your soul or brings joy into your life,
>playing fucking
>VIDEO GAMES

kys nigger
>>
>>384690392
No it's handled perfectly fine, all of the shadows in mementos attack you when you try to reason with them, because guess what, they are not human, they are literally a supernatural behavior of extremely negative behavior.

AND THE SHADOW WILL EVENTUALLY KILL THE HOST AS THE BEHAVIOR CONTINUES. Stupid fuck, not to mention there are several shadows that are handled differently Mishima's shadow basically fixes itself. the hackers shadow needs you activate the tower social link.

And a bunch of other shit.

As for your argument about people's reaction to the phantom thieves it's shown that not everyone agrees with them, and the game goes out of its way to show the phantom thieves being PUNISHED for going after Okumura.

And how would you have handled the shadows? make them arbitrary catherine esq puzzle games? fuck no, P5 is at it's best when it doesn't throw in dumbshit like that, the stupid timed obstacle in okumura's palace is an example.

The battle system is fun, the U.I. is fast intuitive and exciting to look at, just let a good game be a simple good game with good gameplay. Idiots like you are the reason why we get werehog levels in sonic games. Stop fucking up a formula that works unless it's an ACTUAL good idea.
>>
>384690934
>cookie cutter reductionist post desperate for (You)s that it will not receive
>>
>>384689626
But some of them were taken out of context, like Futaba's. The awkward lines were truly few and far between, there was enough good dialogue to make up for such trivial shortcomings.
>>
>384691081
>>
>>384672309
yes but for the wrong reasons
>>
>>384690720
I'm currently playing through P2, so I don't know for sure.
Wouldn't that imply that they both stem from Nyx as well? So P3MC is canonically the most powerful MC then?

>>384690831
If that translation is correct, then it's Nyx coming to earth that granted consciousness to everything. Albeit indirectly, something about everything creating the collective unconscious to resist Nyx.
FES tells us that the actual threat is humanity's subconscious wish to revive Nyx in the form of Erebus, not the entity itself.

Does that make it a god though? Isn't it still just some weird alien thing?
>>
>>384691443
Those have been hella retconned already.
>>
Why should anyone care about some MAL review tier virgin who thought Berseria was a passable game?
>>
>>384690392
If the game was about anything other than teenagers behaving how teenagers actually would and not as though they were some vague anime cutout it wouldn't be persona anymore.

The single good thing about P4's story was how it portrayed the IT reacting to Morooka dying. That was the single point in that entire game where they actually behaved believably. None of that nonsense where they had them conveniently vital plot points they covered with bad excuses for the sake of dragging out the mystery.
>>
TL;DR, but if he thinks it's a 4/10 then he's clearly retarded.
>>
>>384691128
I'm only partway through the game, so I admit I might be being unfair. Maybe the latter half were just taken out of context. But in the first half, every once in a while I come across a line that I can't believe was allowed into the finished game, even voiced ones.
>>
>>384691443
You're talking about that first P3 vanilla databook which was pre-FES. That was all retconned out of existence forever ago because none of it made any sense.
>>
>>384687390
>deserve
you faggots fellate yet another souls clone that gets shat out every other year pretty fucking hard
>>
>>384691443
>P3MC

I would assume so, hes the only protag able to channel two persona's for fusion skills and had the "universe" instead of world arcana. (doubt that really matters though)
>>
>>384691531
>>384691647
So what the hell's the canon?
Is Philemon even involved anymore?
What's Nyx then?
What the hell does Erebus even exist for?
Are the Shadows no longer parts of Nyx?
How does the Plume of Dusk work if it's not related to Nyx's special properties?
I'm even more confused than how confused I was reading that book.
>>
File: 34.png (1MB, 1275x715px) Image search: [Google]
34.png
1MB, 1275x715px
>>384691443
Nyx was only spark for creation of collective unconscious which is now strongest power in Personaverse. It can create new worlds, gods, basically anything humanity wish for.
>>
>>384692012
the butterflies are Philemon
>>
>>384690284
only game that gets away with having no music is minesweeper
>>
>>384672309
>Moogy-denka
How can you take someone who refers to themselves with this gay weebshit seriously?
>>
>>384672309
How can you knock Bloodborne for aesthetics then praise Berseria, a game featuring hours upon hours of copy pasted hallways and empty, flat fields.

Other than that, it seems like your typical anime obsessed weeb opinions about vidya.
>>
>>384691560
Yeah I don't get the love of Berseria. Is it only because it's better than the previous games?
>>
>>384692529
I thought it was ok
>>
>>384692112
So Nyx is some otherwordly entity that started the whole collective unconscious? That seems to fit with the book from what I hear.
It explained the Shadows, The Dark Hour Erebus, Ryoji Avatar, Future Persona Gods and even robot girls. Everything was mostly wrapped up, I don't see what was retconned.

Not trying to argue the canon, just curious what is now.

>>384692124
You mean the butterflies that never really do anything at all anymore? And the other butterfly that's just an attendant? That's cause he wasted all his power fixing Tatsuya's mistakes, isn't it?
>>
>>384692616
It was "ok" but going by his score range, his 7/10 puts it in like the top 95th percentile of games.

Dungeons were long and awful and I had to force myself to keep playing after the first half. Battle system got pretty boring to slog through so I just put everyone on Auto and let them play themselves out (even on higher difficulty)
>>
>>384692736
Basically the nyx being from space thing doesn't exist, philemon and nyarly are still the same. Nyx is just a collective unconsciousness thing again. Philemon literally can't show his face or it would destroy the world so he leaves the velvet room to igor.

Which seems like a bad idea considering the fucker couldn't even stop a cup.
>>
>>384692529
You have to understand, the last game we got was zestiria. Literally ANYTHING would look godlike compared to that water'd down dogshit.
>>
I only enjoyed the cast not so much the battle system and such
>>
>>384691560
Moogy doesn't really give a shit about the actual gameplay unless it's a low budget platformer with simple visuals, lots of spikes to die on, and a map you will get lost in for hours every time you want to go somewhere specific.
When you read through those "reviews" it's incredibly obvious he is mostly judging them by their writing and narrative, not by how the game actually plays. So shit like Berseria might be a better game than Persona 5 since it honestly actually does have halfway decent writing while P5 is the epitome of generic on basically all fronts.
>>
>>384693560
shit meant to reply to >>384692841
>>
>>384693639
I liked Xillia (probably since it was my first Tales) and Graces f (good battle system). The other ones were kind of just button mashing or in Berseria's case, so tedious I didn't even want to fight the random encounters but had to for grinding's sake.

Now that I'm playing FF12's remake I can appreciate having the game play itself out at 4x speed, although that makes grinding too simple (good or bad thing?)
>>
>>384693259
So let me see if I get it then.
Philemon and Nyarly are considered the two big fellas again, not counting the seemingly loose connection to the SMT universe and it's OP guys. (Something like an even bigger multi-dimensional Great Will/unconsciousness connecting all the games.)

While Nyx is the actual unconsciousness itself, with Erebus being humanity's wish for death?
What's Nyx Avatar's role then? And why would the Shadows gather in Tartarus to revive Nyx if Erebus is shown to be in the Abyss of Time(?) by The Answer.
>>
Oh shit! [literally who] doesn't like [popular game]!!!1!!1
>>
>>384693617
I won't say good or bad but jumping at casino, getting caught and got interrogated in the first few minutes in the game aren't exactly what I call "generic on basically ALL FRONTS"
>>
>>384679632
>Not sure why people expect to be reading a literary masterpiece.
Nobody's expecting that. The game decided to be a staunch criticism of Japan's modern politics, and he's judging it based on that.
>>
>>384693987
Nyx's avatar's role is just to be the herald of nyx, essentially the avatar already did their job by connecting nyx to the physical world, essentially waking up nyx, while erebus is supposed to activate nyx. Erebus is seperate from nyx, nyx is like a god created by the ancient will for death, erebus is born by humanity's current desire for death, that and the kirijo group fucking shit up.

>>384695157
Except it wasn't, the game was meant to highlight certain societal faults in japan, it's why you see up and coming idols being sexually abused by their manager and haru's dad basically exchanging her as a sex slave for what is essentially business connections.

Never did they state it was going to be a 2deep4u story about the intricacies of modern politics. Essentially what they're showing is how japanese politics look and how they're portrayed because not a lot of games show that.

It'd be like if call of duty had a trump parody character.
>>
My biggest fear is that whatever the new plot is it'll be just as formulaic as this one, considering how popular it is.

At the very least, base it off of a short story again, like P3 was based off of Masque of The Red Death. (which P5 references, for whatever reason.)
>>
Why didn't they just make Morgana female?
>>
>>384696308
I bet P6 would be referencing Faust (perferably Goethe's) since P5 almost walked down that road
>>
>>384692229
I don't think he calls himself that.
I remember calling him that years ago on /jp/ because of how much of a self absorbed faggot he is.
>>
>>384696591
Because all of the other MegaTen cat sidekicks are dudes. It's tradition.
>>
>>384682013
>I'm in Okumura's Palace
You're almost there
Everyone knows that palace is shit and then the good thing comes back
>>
>>384672309

Sounds like the type of faggot who's contrarian for the sake of being contrarian
Next
>>
File: 1494100513782.png (258KB, 872x632px) Image search: [Google]
1494100513782.png
258KB, 872x632px
>>384697326
but also worse shit too
>>
File: 1500499981319.png (53KB, 247x416px) Image search: [Google]
1500499981319.png
53KB, 247x416px
>>384682013
Okumura basically embodies everything wrong with the game. It's filler, Haru herself is a boring rehash of other, better characters, and the entire time you just feel "bleh".

The game refuses to develop it's characters outside of their SLs, so the people you're stuck with are the worst versions of their characters. (except for Anne, but that's because her SL is fucking abhorrent.) Okumura himself hardly has anything to do with the plot except for a late game plot twist that could've been done with almost any of the other palaces.

Okumura himself is boring as hell, but so is literally all of the other villains, 2D caricatures that just exist to fuel "Man I want to stop the evil adults!"
>>
File: 1500604838450.png (74KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1500604838450.png
74KB, 500x500px
His criticisms aren't wrong (they're actually right on the nose) but he's an ass, so I don't know what to feel.
>>
>>384672309

t. shitty adult
>>
>>384697809
Okumura is the biggest wasted potential in the game.
>Oh no! The Phantom Thieves were goaded by public opinion and manipulation into stealing the heart of someone who... used his workers like slaves and was unapologetically trying to slut out his daughter for connections? How awful?
>>
File: 1498655644196.gif (2MB, 580x433px) Image search: [Google]
1498655644196.gif
2MB, 580x433px
>>384697983
>opinion
>pic of disgusting toaster
>>
>>384698130
I'd say Shido was, but Okumura is not far behind.

Especially because we fucking know it wasn't us. There's no suspense, no nothing.
>>
File: 1444945149897.jpg (89KB, 1022x577px) Image search: [Google]
1444945149897.jpg
89KB, 1022x577px
>>384682991
>Implying he's dead
I didn't see a body
>>
>>384672309
I can't believe 4chan has been sucking Moogy's ちんちん for the past 7 years. /jp/, /v/, /vg/, everywhere. I agree that his opinions are gr8 b8 but why do we keep taking it?
>>
>>384698231
>Especially because we fucking know it wasn't us. There's no suspense, no nothing.

>Here's a scene of Goro killing Shadow Okumura, even though no one was actually there to witness that
>Oh, but let's skip those keikaku planning scenes, that would ruin the twist
Jesus Christ game, make up your mind.
>>
>>384673203
Not even that big of a fan of Souls style games but at least I can appreciate BB's aesthetic and music. Who the fuck is this faggot?
>>
>>384697326
Okumura's Palace was fun though
>>
>>384698554
>implying he didn't make this thread himself so he could point it out on twitter
>>
>>384698554
Because /v/ is desperately contrarian
>>
>>384672309
It's as if Akechi himself is reviewing the game kek
>>
>>384697809
The only reason people don't like Okumura is because he's the cause of the demise of the Phantom Thieves, and the average weeb basement dweller who posts on this site cannot accept anything that goes against his power fantasy

This is why people here love P4 so much, in that game absolutely nothing goes against the MC, even the most dramatic event (Nanako's death) is invalidated seconds later

This is why /v/ opinion on Persona should not be trusted, people here think they know everything about videogame writing but they are just contrarians unable to form their own opinions
>>
>>384698954
>Okumura is because he's the cause of the demise of the Phantom Thieves

have you actually played the game
>>
>>384698954
/v/'s actually one of the few places in which P3 is considered better than P4.

And people Okumura because he's filler and is really only there to set muh ruse up, while also serving as a vehicle to develop Mona in the laziest way possible and introduce Haru.

Tbh, Makoto and Haru should've remained as non-party characters. They both crushed the party's dynamic.
>>
>>384698765
Moogy's shitposting squad was the true IRC mafia all along.
>>
File: 1500509271623.png (100KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1500509271623.png
100KB, 225x225px
>>384698954
Except I just gave you plenty of reasons to dislike Okumura and you can come up with a single rebuttal. Instead you claim I'm a P4fag, which couldn't be further from the truth. You're attacking a straw man that doesn't exist.

Okumura is boring. He's cliche, he's formulaic, and I've seen a million characters like him. Haru is just as boring; a character made up entirely of other characters.

Of course, you'll be unable to rebutt any of this, too.
>>
>>384699239
But P3 is garbage, P4 easily beats it gameplay-wise and its story isn't even better than P4's
>>
>>384699348
That's a lot of words to not have an argument
>>
>>384672494
It's ironic because the Genocide route made for the best story.
>>
File: 1500498745016.png (34KB, 280x255px) Image search: [Google]
1500498745016.png
34KB, 280x255px
>>384699429
>Not an argument

Oh. I see you're memeing. My argument is right here:>>384697809

Let me know when you've finished actually reading it and maybe we can have a discussion.
>>
>>384698954
Now this is bait. Okumura is filler and like a lot of the other villains or characters if you took then out of the plot nothing would change.
>>
>>384699560
>X is boring
>why?
>because X is boring
literally not an argument
>>
>>384699484
I would argue that Undertale isn't a good story at all if you don't consider all three routes.
>>
>>384699353
>P4 easily beats it gameplay-wise
Because that's such a hard thing to do. I actually kind of prefer P3's gameplay simply because it's not as braindead as P4's. And besides, Liz > Margaret
>its story isn't even better than P4's
Lmao
>>
>>384699652
well how its she not boring then?
>>
>>384699716
>Liz > Margaret
I agree but that doesn't affect the gameplay at all. Not that guy though
>>
>>384699652
I said why Okumura is boring. He's a cliche that we've seen before, he's depressingly predictable, and his only purpose is to introduce Haru and to set up a """twist""* that could've been set up by literally any other boss.

Haru is just as bad: she's Yukiko and Mitsuru fused into some sort of amalgamation, complete with both of their issues with their family businesses and Yukiko's hidden sadism.
>>
File: 1497721898162.png (176KB, 300x401px) Image search: [Google]
1497721898162.png
176KB, 300x401px
>>384699621
>nothing would change
>PT wouldn't face accusations of murder
>no way to up the stakes in the game
>>
>>384699716
>literally 3/4 of your party is AI-controlled
>not braindead
what did he mean by this?
>>
File: OhsaK6X.png (127KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
OhsaK6X.png
127KB, 640x360px
>>384699716
>I actually kind of prefer P3's gameplay simply because it's not as braindead as P4'
>>
>>384672309
I can understand not liking Persona because of the aesthetic and tropes, but 2/10 for Bloodborne? Either contrarian or retarded.
>>
File: 1500348973273.jpg (39KB, 300x100px) Image search: [Google]
1500348973273.jpg
39KB, 300x100px
>>384699716
This is falseflagging to make P3fags look bad and I won't stand for it. P3 might have the best story, soundtrack, and atmosphere, but by god it has atrocious combat.
>>
>>384699954
He's right. P3 is the only difficult Persona game (not that it's great though)
>>
im surprised this thread is still up
>>
>>384700343
I mean, originally it was a bait thread but some actually good discussion has come out of this.

I'm proud of you, /v/.
>>
File: 1484476582522.png (285KB, 476x530px) Image search: [Google]
1484476582522.png
285KB, 476x530px
>>384699954
Point taken. I can't defend that. I do think it made things slightly more difficult, though.
>>384699991
The bosses in P3 are just more interesting than the ones in 4 from a gameplay perspective. Especially if we also count the Tartarus floor gaurdians.
>>384700264
Why are you fags so outraged by what I said? It's not like I said that P3's gameplay is better than the press-turn system, or that fusing in 3 is better than it is in 4. I just prefer 3 gameplay-wise because it's slightly more challenging, ffs.
>>
File: 1498281152847.png (374KB, 853x468px) Image search: [Google]
1498281152847.png
374KB, 853x468px
>>384700437
and here is the antidote
>>
>>384699621
You lose a lot by taking most of the villains out of P5 because it's not a game that's concerned with quickly getting you through the beginning middle and end or drawing much focus to it at all really before the time comes. Much like picaresque stories it got its main inspiration from though everyone knows they went into it wanting to do teenage Lupin first and foremost it's all about disconnected stories that each show something different, and for P5 these things were different social issues.

Okumura is the very last thing that happens before the story kicks in and is a pretty terrible example of what qualifies as "filler" in this case since the main story can't move without the PT riding their popularity high and walking right into Shido's trap.
>>
File: 1489365998761.jpg (326KB, 517x768px) Image search: [Google]
1489365998761.jpg
326KB, 517x768px
>>384700332
>P3
>don't have to manage your party at all
>most difficult anything
>>
>>384699239
>/v/'s actually one of the few places in which P3 is considered better than P4.
its more preference if anything. I'll admit p4 is mechanically superior but i prefer p3 mostly because I cant really stand the p4 cast
>>
>>384700628
>don't have to manage your party at all
Wot? You literally do.
Thread posts: 523
Thread images: 94

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.