[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How did they manage to put out SIX fucking SMT games on the 3DS?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 2

File: smt6.png (369KB, 333x463px) Image search: [Google]
smt6.png
369KB, 333x463px
How did they manage to put out SIX fucking SMT games on the 3DS? Which one do I start with?
>>
>>384666913
SMT IV
Then apocalypse

Then soul hackers

Skip the rest
>>
>>384666913
Strange Journey on the DS first, though I guess you could also wait until the remake.
DeSu isn't SMT, just a spinoff like Persona. I dunno about Soul Hackers.

>>384667172
Probably follow this guys advice, but ignore the "skip the rest" part.
>>
>>384667407
DeSur a shit buddy
>>
>>384667438
Nah, DeSu not a shit buddy.
>>
>>384666913
DeSu and SH aren't mainline.

DeSu is more tactical than others and is good, especially if you like more strategy oriented rpgs.

Strange Journey should be played first since it might be harder to go back to it after playing IV and Final/Apoc
>>
>>384667473
DeSur definitely a shit, buddy
>>
>>384667618
>>384667473
>>384667407
Just for future reference guys, you're using the terminology wrong

>DeSu
Devil SUMMONER which refers to Raidou and Soul Hackers
>DeSur
Devil SURVIVOR which refers to the DS series remade on 3DS.

Okay I'll leave now
>>
>>384667750
Care to explain what makes it shit, buddy? Without comparing it to other SMT/Persona/Spinoff games.
>>
>>384667834
>>384667834
It's an incredibly slow SRPG game with unsatisfying gameplay that requires actual grinding, going against what makes SRPG games fun in the first place
>>
>>384667407
Isn't Strange Journey really fucking hard and a poor starting point for SMT's first person dungeon crawling stuff?
>>
>>384667931
Yes, the remake will fix a lot of those issues. SJ is the outlier among SMT games for a lot of reasons.
>>
>>384666913
>3/4ths are ports of games
Hue
>>
>>384667931
Not really, it was just a lot of people's first more old school MT that isn't main character focused like Nocturne ontop of being most likely the first dungeon crawler they played.
It's really not all that difficult, it has a few points where it checks if you actually know what the fuck you are doing, but for the most part the difficulty isn't something you should have to worry about.
>>
>>384668138
Judging by that nice SMT games guide, Soul Hackers is the easier FP Dungeon crawler game to get into
I'll probably end up trying both, and the SJ remake tho
>>
>>384667828
Don't think it matters when no one mentioned the other games.
I've never seen DeSur in any of the Devil Survivor threads though, it's always been DeSu1 or DeSu2.

>>384667889
Even if you grind to max level, you're still likely to lose the endgame battles without a strategy though.
I can see why you'd like it a lot less than the rest of the series, even though the rest usually involves a great deal more grinding.

>>384667931
Aren't most of the First Person Dungeon Crawling SMT games hard though? It's like every SMT game with it's bosses that punish you for not playing their way.
>>
>>384668286
>Don't think it matters when no one mentioned the other games.
Soul Hackers is right there
>>
>>384668347
But that's referred to as SH, like Raidou's games aren't called DeSu games either.
>>
>>384668286
The grinding in DeSur games come from grinding for money. At some point, you're going to bottom out and have to grind for money for more demons. This is a huge problem.
>>
>>384668286
People talk about Devil Summoner a lot though. The Raidou games are pretty popular and people still constantly bitch about not having a DeSu1 translation. Soul Hackers obviously as well
>>
>>384668286
>Aren't most of the First Person Dungeon Crawling SMT games hard though?
Certainly not SMT 1/2.
Havent played Megami Tensei or Devil Summoner 1.
>>384667931
Only for shitters who can't handle teleporters. Does have the occasional hard boss but nothing outside of RPG expectations. Mainly Oroborous and Mem Aleph (final boss)
>>
>>384668234
Soul Hackers is one of those games where it's actually become more relevant with age. It was made in 97 but has a lot of ties to the VR meme and it has a general lost in time atmosphere to it
>>
>>384668286
>Aren't most of the First Person Dungeon Crawling SMT games hard though?
SMT1 and 2 are some of the easiest games in the franchise, even Persona 5 is more difficult than them at some points. Soul Hackers is pretty trivial for most of it and then ramps the difficulty way the fuck up for the side content and postgame dungeon. KMT1 gets pretty fucking dumb though, so does KMT2 if you don't carry over a savefile.
>>
>>384667931
Is it? I never played a SMT game before and I did just fine playing it two months ago, give or take a few bosses. Especiallly the last one I fucking love hearing the main theme as the boss theme
>>
>>384667889
So, you have a hard time using strategy in a game with the genre being strategy rpg?
>>
>>384666913
Atlus make great games but they are lazy as fuck let's look at the 3ds catalogue from them:
soul hackers (remake ok at least semi enhanced)
strange deep (remaster)
devil survivor 1 OC (remaster)
devil surviveo 2 RB (remaster)
smtiv (original)
smtiva (original)

so 2 out of 6 games for smt are new

etrian odyessy
EOIV (new)
EOUI (remake)
EOUII (remake)
EOV (new)

2 out of 4 new and EOIII remake almost certainly coming also

persona q (new)
historia (remake)

so 5 new games out of 12, now don't get me wrong i'm glad to have all these games but when you break it down you're almost punished for actually buying atlus games on the ds as they have all been "enhanced" on the 3ds lol
>>
>>384667889
DeSu1 isn't grindy at all though, infact you can't even fucking grind for like 70% of the game since none of the repeatable fights give you any exp.
>>
>>384668645
>KMT1 gets pretty fucking dumb though, so does KMT2 if you don't carry over a savefile.
Haven't got round to those two yet, How bullshit? I need a challenge.
>>
>>384668453
Ah, I get your point now. Though other games have way worse grinding than those two.
If you've got no other SMT games left to play though, there's no reason to skip them entirely.

>>384668483
I'm wrong about the terminology then, but DeSu is definitely what we've been calling Devil Survivor on /v/.
Sorry for being misinformed then, I'll do it right in the future.

>>384668529
>>384668645
Only just started SMT1 recently and haven't gone into very much due to life, but it seems pretty stupidly hard. Unless that's only until you start properly building your team and getting some more skills under your belt.
I hardly doubt it's easier than P5 though.
>>
>>384668667
Have you played it?
>>
>>384667889
>requires actual grinding

I feel like you don't understand how fusion etc works because grinding is discouraged and unnecessary. hell you can even brute force it by abusing the ingame save function if you are that incompetent
>>
>>384668768
>>384668453
>>
>>384666913
Gotta give Atlus props for saving the RPG library for 3DS.
What the fuck happened really, GBA had lots of cool RPGs and DS had them flowing like no tomorrow! Then 3DS came and its library was pure disappointment compared to its predecessors. Granted, it's still better than Vita's and even home consoles' but it's still weak as fuck, especially after GBA and DS.
>>
>>384669003
Again
>>384668453
>>
>>384668961
>what we've been calling Devil Survivor on /v/.
No, you haven't. I assure you. You're remembering wrong.
>>
Are any of these games better than Nocturne?
>>
>>384669134
SMT IV and Apocalypse
>>
>>384668961
Zio breaks SMT1s bosses.
Once you get Nerve bullets (earliest from Heroine and swapping out her gear or Shinjuku after an important event early into game) or charm bullets (earliest Ikebukuro) random encounters become more bearable.
Once you get a good weapon (sword fusion) or level up your str stat + Tarujaka, the MC doles out damage like nothing.
it's easy to break.
>>
>>384669023
>>384669070
>>384668453
I didn't grind for money a single time before getting ready for the optional bosses and I've palyed both the original DeSu and OC, so I really have no idea what you are on about. Maybe if you blindly fuse your shit together even if it doesn't look useful and end up with only a handful of demons that are all incredibly bad for where you are in the game or something, but if you pay even the smallest amount of attention it's not even remotely a thing.
>>
>>384669134
apocalypse, strange journey, and devil survivor
>>
>>384669191
>>384669246
which one is the most occult?
>>
>>384668453
while I agree you're more likely to have trouble with exp than money I played the game for the first time 3-4 months ago and never had to grind for money. I appreciate if you're not very good at shin megami tensei or don't erally understand how the whole fusion ething works then you might end up boning yourself a bit
>>
>>384669417
apocalypse
>>
>>384669104
Pretty sure we have mate. I'll admit my knowledge of the SMT games beyond the "casual" games is very low, but I'm sure about this point. In fact, this is the first time I've ever seen DeSur being used for anything.

I'll take your word that DeSu was used for Devil Summoner first because you guys clearly know more about those games and the discussions about them than me, but I'm not wrong about it being used for Devil Survivor. That is, unless I've slipped into an alternate universe with very minimal differences.

>>384669214
So it's just the start that's a pain then. That's good to know.
>>
>been playing Apocalypse
>pretty easy aside from some bosses I'd wipe once or twice on
>final part, about to fight Krishna
>go for Dagda's route
>suddenly Vishnu bossfight is balls to the walls tier
>had over 15 wipes
>finally beat it
>the dungeon after it
Holy fucking shit, how the hell did the game become a torture in a single moment?
>>
>>384669623
I agree is slight difficulty spike not really sure why it was so hard for you though, the final dungeon is easy as well but YHVH again requires a bit of thought to beat
>>
>>384669697
His Antichton + 1 attack was enough to kill of a demon and if I didn't replace him fast it'd be a downhill from there. Granted I had rather shitty team with 500 average HP on all demons, once I grinded a bit a got Doping it became much more manageable. I'm also playing on "War" difficulty.
>>
>>384669623
No friends boyo
>>
>>384666913
None. Just play Pokemon R/B/Y instead.
>>
>>384669984
It was not about not having friends but rather having the opportunity to rewrite the whole existence. Since the initial Expanse breach humanity's been living a miserable life with no end to it in sight. So might as well scratch the whole thing and do shit right for once. Especially if souls are going to be carried over with little to no repercussions.
>>
>>384666913
by making 4 ports 1 game and one stand alone expansion
>>
>>384670353
As in you had no partners for the fight
>>
>>384666913
>How did they manage to put out SIX fucking SMT games on the 3DS?

Because 4 of them are ports and IV an IV;A aren't all that different

This is easy to understand.
>>
A lot of the art is reused also, mainly the demon art. I just got a 3DS last month because of all of the SMT games I saw. SMT might hate this but Persona 5 revived my interest with the series since playing but never finishing Nocturne 10 years ago.
>>
File: toki.png (57KB, 391x232px) Image search: [Google]
toki.png
57KB, 391x232px
>>384676327
also I'm at the jar sealing part of apocalypse. Having really fun with this game but can't help some while not Persona, maybe shonen anime personality.

Is this the best girl if that is even possible for mainline SMT?
>>
>>384668453
I've never done that in either DeSu
>>
>>384669104
Don't spout bullshit. Devil Summoner has always been DS, Devil Survivor DeSu. The only reason DeSu has not been made shorter is because DS was already used.
>>
>>384669104
First of all you are really going off on a tangent about some seriously autistic shit.
Second of all, yes we have been referring to devil survivor as DeSu.
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.