[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am i the only one who gets bored about halfway through playing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: divinity.jpg (276KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
divinity.jpg
276KB, 1920x1080px
Am i the only one who gets bored about halfway through playing games?

I Played Dragons Dogma for about 30-40 hours before i started getting bored and dropped it. I beat the dragon and was doing the content that opened up in capital as well as some bitterblack isle stuff.

I then stated Divinity Original Sin and immediately fell in love with it. About 30 hours later i just got to Luccia Forest and i'm starting to get jaded.
>>
>>384665370

Before Dragons Dogma, i played Salt and Sanctuary i actually played that one enough to get all the achievements at around 30 hours or so. Maybe i just don't have the drive to play games longer than 40 hours anymore. I get burned out
>>
>>384665370
I'm also getting a bit tired of this game in luculla, I've basically finished the zone and about to move on but act 2 was a big mess pacing wise compared to cyseal and around level 15 even the fights, the best part of the game by far, are getting a bit boring

doesn't help that the plot and your MCs are dull as all hell
>>
>>384665370
>halfway through
>Played Dragons Dogma for about 30-40 hours
In all seriousness, you could've finished that game a dozen times by that point.
>>
>>384665370
You are starting to feel your mortality.
>>
>>384665479

I was expecting to be farther in the game by the time i finished the Cyseal area because i explored EVERYTHING. I thought i was getting close to the end but i looked up the walkthroughs and NOPE. MAybe i just play too slow.

>>384665624
Perhaps. I like to spend a lot of time wandering around exploring stuff on my own.
>>
Its pretty normal to burn out. No new mechanics being introduced, no new enemies, content feels the same, many reasons. I usually get 60-70% of the way through a game going at a slower pace, doing literally everything possible outside of collectathon bullshit, but at that point I just rush the main story to finish the game and move on.
>>
>>384665760
braccuus rex being the first main boss seems a wasted opportunity, I thought the conduit plot to raise him as the source king would be the thrust of the plot
>>
>>384665370
That's because you're a completionist. It's a curse, as most of side content is shit and you'd be better of just doing the main story, but you can't because autism.
>>
>>384666218
YUP seems about right. I put over 80 hours into Baldurs Gate:EE earlier this year and got bored when i finally got into Baldur's Gate (city) at around chapter 5. It didn't help that i explored every location and completed most sidequests up to that point.
>>
File: 1497163162670.jpg (50KB, 380x380px) Image search: [Google]
1497163162670.jpg
50KB, 380x380px
>>384665370
Lucky you.
I get bored by games not even 30 minutes in.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.