[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the fuck is wrong with Kojima? The second entry in the Solid

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

What the fuck is wrong with Kojima? The second entry in the Solid series and on a brand new console and the main character you play isn't even Solid Snake? Being a troll is fine, but making a whole game just to troll is taking it too far
>>
Yea I remember playing this and being like "wtf when am I Snake?! I guess in a little bit..." And the game just kept going and going and going and going and finally I was like "Hmm this is far too much game play without Snake. I guess you're just not Snake in this MGS."

DESU I didn't like it either ... but Raiden is the man now imo
>>
t. didn't understand it
also, Tomokazu Fukushima was the one who made MGS great, not Kojima
>>
File: bro.jpg (43KB, 492x471px) Image search: [Google]
bro.jpg
43KB, 492x471px
>Metal Gear Solid series
>you only play as Solid in two of the games, with the 4th entry being more fan-service than substance
>>
Only faggots are disappointed they weren't snake. Raiden is meant to be a caricature of the player that doesn't like it, like you, a faggot. He eventually gets over it and becomes a cool ass ninja, hope you can follow the storyline OP because if you play videogames and can't separate yourself from the main character you are the person kojima is making fun of, faggot.
>>
File: Brendan.jpg (74KB, 558x680px) Image search: [Google]
Brendan.jpg
74KB, 558x680px
tfw always liked playing as Raiden
>>
it's postmodern you dip

>>384662643
this
>>
>>384661265
And then he made him the coolest character in the canon that you couldn't play.

Kojima is a master level troll.
>>
File: 1497402121064.png (481KB, 611x508px) Image search: [Google]
1497402121064.png
481KB, 611x508px
>>384662643

Jokes on Kojima then, I WANTED to play as Raiden
>>
That's the joke, whole point was to troll those who wanted MGS1 again.
>>
>>384662907
What is Metal Gear Rising - Lightning Bolt Action
>>384662938
Nope, the joke is still on main character fags that don't get it. Like you, I didn't care who I was in the world because it was absolutely mindblowing at the time and still is. Raiden is made an absolute badass in 4 but he didn't even need that.
>>
>>384662965
That's extremely dumb, you spend millions of bucks and hours of work just to troll?
>>
>>384663130
>What is Metal Gear Rising - Lightning Bolt Action
Not made by Kojima
>>
File: Super_Smash_Solid_Snake.jpg (112KB, 755x1619px) Image search: [Google]
Super_Smash_Solid_Snake.jpg
112KB, 755x1619px
>>384662574
First game you play as Snake all the time, on the second game only like 2 hours, in MGS4 you are a old fart. What did Kojima mean by this? Seriously i like Solid Snake much more than Big Boss, but Big Boss has much more games
>>
>>384663130
>it was absolutely mindblowing at the time

I bought it the day it released because I loved MGS so much. Never again picked up another games in the series after playing this turd. MGS2 is one of the worst games that I've ever spent money on.
>>
>>384661265
How is he trolling? Was it ever stated that you will be playing as Solid Snake the entire game?
>>
File: 1444652850898.jpg (723KB, 1225x1712px) Image search: [Google]
1444652850898.jpg
723KB, 1225x1712px
>>384661265
>you play as Big Boss more than Snake in the series

This annoys me the most. Big Boss was worse than Snake and anything interesting about his history was fucked by Kojima's obsession with him.
>>
>>384665536
All pre-release footage lead people to believe so, yes.
>>
>>384665536
>>384665606
Depends on your country apparently. In the UK we had previews of Raiden in magazines before the game came out.
>>
>>384665606
It's your dumb ass' fault then for basing that opinion on some random footage. The part they showed was still in the game so you can't say you were cheated by Kojima, only by yourself.

>>384665726
This, in my country even the game cover had Raiden.
>>
>>384665591
Eh, I find Big Boss more interesting than Snake even though Old Snake is my favorite in the whole series. PP is really what fucked it up honestly.
>>
>>384662643
shut up. raiden is there because the badass kind of hero isn't bankable in japan
>>
>>384665275
>What did Kojima mean by this?
Pretty straight forward when it comes to MGS4: "Stop asking for more games."
The franchise was supposed to end multiple times already and he thought that with Snake Eater he finally made a fitting final entry to a trilogy. With the MGS2 ending, the future was up to the player and meant to be left ambiguous just as the matter wether or not most of those events even transpired. However, despite all of his love for Hollywood, he forgot that Hollywood doesn't do anything non-straightforward and that people hate loose ends. So he gave them Hollywood and they expected a Hollywood ending. Old Snake and the whole "he is tired, let him rest" was all Kojima telling the fans, that they are beating a tired horse to death.
>>
>>384665591
he really looks like Venom in this pic
>>
>>384665275
Solid Snake
>Metal Gear
>Metal Gear 2
>Metal Gear Solid
>Metal Gear Solid Ghost Babel
>Metal Gear Solid 2 I guess
>Metal Gear Solid 4

Big Boss
>Metal Gear Solid 3
>Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops
>Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker
>Metal Gear Solid 5 I guess
>>
>>384665103
Hey it worked
>>
>>384666015
I don't see it.
>>
>>384661265
Snake died on the tanker two years ago dumbass
>>
>>384661265
There is no contract that says "Metal Gear Solid games allow you to play as Solid Snake every time without fail". Why would you even assume that? Hell, there are games titled MEGA MAN X and you literally have to unlock the titular character before you can play as him.

I'm sure you know this already but MGS2 was not only making a statement, but attempting to get its audience to think about certain things, including their preconceptions about video games.
>>
>>384666270
You do know Raiden was only put into the game to attract Japanese female gamers who didn't like Snake's rough features right? there's no big fucking plot twist or deep narrative behind him anon.
>>
>>384666679
Wasn't that Kojima being a memester?
>>
>>384666903
Considering how he was with MGSV? nah he was probably being 100% Legit.
>>
>>384666015
Why don't you go ahead and include Acid on there as well you shithead
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.