[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

help. im super depressed and I need a new game to keep my mind

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: when bones paint.png (112KB, 819x460px) Image search: [Google]
when bones paint.png
112KB, 819x460px
help. im super depressed and I need a new game to keep my mind off of everything. I like rpg's, and I only have a computer. I got half way though smt nocturne and last renmant but they're so slow-paced. Is there a good rpg / srpg that's fairly deep but not over encumbering? Preferably something with different Jobs to pick from.
>>
>>384660296
Do you want a grindy srpg or one where you win with tacitcs?
>>
>>384660404
tactics. Nocturne is grindy enough with the random power spikes. I'm playing on hard and haven't beaten it yet, so I need to completely refuse my team in between sections to keep up.
>>
Tactics Ogre is for men
>>
>>384660525
Any fire emblem before Awakening, 7, both Radiants are the best.

Any front mission. 4 is the best in terms of tactics, for some reason 1 is held in high regard as well.

They are all emulatable.

Valkyria Chronicle 1 had a pc release

If you want something really mindless play shining force 1-2. They are very primitive in terms of tactics but arguable have the best aestetics and music in the genre

Avoid everything nippon ichi or square ever made. Those are the grind srpgs.
>>
File: smteam.png (583KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
smteam.png
583KB, 1366x768px
>>384660774
looking into valkyria chronicles. Looks neat. Anything like this, but in a fantasy setting?
>>
>>384661358
Anything like what? Valkyria? No it's mechanics are one of a kind, which is why it's a must-play srpg.

If you mean demon themed srpg. There's eternal poisen, that also meets the criteria of not being a grind-game. The nippon ichi/square stuff tends to go in the high fantasy direction but those are games were tactics get thrown out the window in favor of bloated class/item selection and grinding.
>>
Legend of grimrock 2. Fuck that weeb shit, play a godly game instead.
>>
>>384661729
What's it like?

>>384661650
Thanks for the help, anon. I'll look into Eternal.

I feel the bloated class / item thing is true with nocturne even though nobody wants to talk about it. All I hear is ' hurr grinding is wrong in this game " and then each area is a difficulty spike that completely stat-checks you
>>
>>384661901
Well SMT is what you call a dungeon crawler. The genre is defined by grinding, so saying "that's what's wrong with it" is like saying the problem with racing games is you need to go fast. If you don't like grinding you won't like anything from the genre. The only question is what type of grinding is interesting and what type isn't.

Now something like Fire Emblem, eternal poisen, or front mission (the good ones) you cannot grind. Once a zone is cleared you cannot return. You have to win with the limited resources you got. It is theortically possible to develop your team so badly that you cannot win but you would have to try extra hard to fuck that up since you get new units like crazy.

They also have the opposite of bloat. There isn't as many unit types or equipment but 90% have a purpose and a distinct role. That's also what makes them "Faster" you don't have to spend forever scrolling through menus filled with crap you weren't going to use anyway.
>>
>>384660296
chex quest
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.