[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some games where it actually feels like the enemy is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

File: FEAR_DVD_box_art.jpg (75KB, 256x361px) Image search: [Google]
FEAR_DVD_box_art.jpg
75KB, 256x361px
What are some games where it actually feels like the enemy is afraid of you?

>"Did you hear that?"
>"FLASHLIGHT"
>"HOSTILE"
>"GET TO COVER"
>"I'M PINNED DOWN"
>"MAN DOWN"
>"GRENADE"
>"GET DOWN"
>"FUCK"
>"HE'S TOO FAST"
>"RETREAT"
>"WE NEED BACK-UP, NOW"
>"AAAAAAAAUUUUUGHHHHHHHH"
>>
My favorite FPS. Shooting in this game feels so god damn incredible.
>>
>>384659918
If I recall Killzone has the Helghast have chatter talking about their families out of combat and say a lot of the things you greentexted while fighting you.
>>
File: Far_Cry_2_cover_art.jpg (68KB, 256x325px) Image search: [Google]
Far_Cry_2_cover_art.jpg
68KB, 256x325px
>>384659918
>"Fuck, I didn't see them. How many of them are there?"
>"I think there's only one."
>"OH FUCK ITS HIM"
>>
>>384659918
The "HE'S TOO FAST" line is fucking amazing.

It's like, they've just given up. What the fuck are you supposed to do against a super powered time slowing superhuman with a gun?

Fear wasn't called fear because it was scary for the player, it was called fear because that's what the replica soldier felt the entire time, fighting against YOU.
>>
>>384659918
Shadow or Mordor was great
>>
>>384659918
Nu-DooM
>>
>>384660815
>wasn't scary
speak for yourself, chad
>>
It's so satisfy to wipe out a group of guys and one straggler in the back yells out
>"HE JUST WIPED OUT THE WHOLE SQUAD"
>>
>>384661447
>"BOO! STARTLING LOUD NOISE AND CANS FALLING DOWN: THE GAME"
>>
>>384661232
This here. Yes. Only game where I really "felt" this since playing FEAR, which I'm not sure will ever be topped for me. Arkham Batman games tried it but it always felt to me that the enemies were there more for story purposes- hearing them talk about something you just did to a Rogue Gallery crime boss- than their actually being afraid of you.
>>
One of the few things i love about the Halo franchise is when the grunts go into panic mode.
>>
Tomb Raider (reboot) also had spots of this, with enemy chatter in lategame. Not as much in combat, but when you overhear enemies.
>>
>>384659918
I know it's kinda cartoony while you're going for the more serious stuff, but I really like in P5 when the shadows run away from you in Mementos due to level difference.

It fits the tone of the game and it's always a bit fun to watch.
>>
File: 66569_front.jpg (96KB, 640x742px) Image search: [Google]
66569_front.jpg
96KB, 640x742px
>>384659918
>What are some games where it actually feels like the enemy is afraid of you?
>>
>>384659918
I feel like they just added the horror theme to make the game stand out more, the good shit is in the shooting and AI
>>
>>384660167
I think early in the game the enemies say more of the "how many of them are" line since they think it's a squad of mercenaries, while near the endgame they just know it's that one fucking killing machine coming down to fuck shit up
>>
>>384662794
Might have been. I don't quite recall exactly how it was.

Still cool as fuck though.
>>
>>384659918
In AC1 some dudes would either run away from you or beg for mercy.
>>
>>384659918
>"do you need backup?"
>"negative"
>drop down on lone enemy
>WE NEED BACKUP
Love this game
>>
>>384661232
It had some cool ideas but was boring as hell to play. So fucking dull.
>>
HE'S

T
O
O

F
A
S
T
>>
>>384663428
N-NANI?!
>>
Prototype 1 & 2.
>>
>>384662383
>this will NEVER get ported to PC

All these fucking re-releases and remakes and the one game that should get one doesn't. I hate this fucking industry.
>>
>>384664541
Your only hope is the PS3 emulator. Its actually doing alright, the hope is slim but its present.
>>
>>384664541
Well, at least we got Darkness 2.

Say what you want about atmosphere, but the gunplay in that game was fucking 10/10. Weapons just felt good. If it wasn't for the constant sanity interruptions it would be one of my favorite games ever.
>>
>>384659918

Mass Effect 2: Arrival DLC.
>>
>>384664672
Nah I already have a copy on 360 but I want a port on PC just so it can look it's absolute best.

>>384664736
Don't need to sell it to me anon, while the tone wasn't as good it's still a great game that really makes you feel like how the first game described you. Sucks that we'll never get a third game.
>>
>>384659918
I hate that I'm a scaredy cat because I can't play good games with horror in them.
>>
File: 1496383760343.jpg (94KB, 359x409px) Image search: [Google]
1496383760343.jpg
94KB, 359x409px
>playing FEAR
>shooting up hallway
>lob a grenade
>think I killed everybody
>suddenly one of the guys lying on the ground gets up and kills me
FUCK! THAT SCARED THE PISS OUT OF ME! I DIDN'T KNOW THESE FUCKERS COULD PLAY DEAD!
>>
PitFall: The Lost Expedition.

The natives would shake and cower if you pointed a sling at them when they were on their last piece of health. Sometimes they'd try to run away while shouting in a different language.

Man I wish I had my Ps2 with me, or could get the game to work on my PC. Fuck.
>>
>>384659918
Reminder that FEAR clones are genetically made to have zero emotion. All their lines are canned they don't even have free will, they're just fleshy robots.
>>
>>384659918
Bamham stealth sections
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.