[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you use a screen protector /v/? If not, do you have any

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6

File: maxresdefault.jpg (98KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
98KB, 1280x720px
Do you use a screen protector /v/? If not, do you have any scratches yet?
>>
>>384656730
yes
>>
For Switch yes, for 3DS no.
>>
>>384656730
No, 1 scratch from my son messing with it. Need a screen protector.
>>
>tfw perfectly applied screen protector without a single spec of dust between screen and protector
feels good, only took 7 tries and 5000 gallons of hot water
>>
I tried but I guess it was too thick, the switch wouldnt fit in the dock well anymore so I just ripped it off.

not scratches yet, not sure how the dock can cause scratches, the only parts that touch the screen are flat/soft
>>
>>384657010
>tfw 23 years old and can't put them for shit
>had to go to my parents house so my dad could do it for me

not my proudest moment
>>
>>384657003

Your wife's son sounds like a little prick.
>>
>>384657060
>the switch wouldnt fit in the dock well anymore
Jesus how big was it? There is a good couple mms between the switch screen and the dock due to the pads inside. Most glass screenprotectors are about a quarter of a millimeter
>>
Nah, after buying the switch, Zelda, and the season pass I was completely broke. Now I just don't feel like getting one. Kinda hate them anyways. No scratches though
>>
>>384657242
Not him but the docks are really poorly made. Some of them are very tight with nothing at all extra there and some are loose as fuck. Some are straight and some are warped. Some you can't even fit the Switch in there without stretching it out with a book or something
>>
Since the console has now a scratch and I don't know why I need one asap. I will have the case+protector (the official splatoon one) and I was waiting for it, but maybe I'm wondering if a tempered glass protector is better. I would then need to order it on amazon since no decent shops are around, and that means another week without protection. What do you think it's better? Glass or plastic film? Priority is protection and most important transparency
>>
>>384657329
I usually hate how screen protectors feel on phones but I rarely ever touch the Switch screen + the glass protector feels so much better than the Switches plastic
>>
>>384657141
Hes also my son. And hes also 3. He just wants to mess with everything.
>>
>>384657540

Sounds like a black kid.
>>
>>384657481
The case alone is worth it I reckon, maybe buy the case, I'd put the cheap plastic one on until the tempered glass one arrives
>>
>>384657003
same here
>>
File: 1395658012065.jpg (38KB, 601x601px) Image search: [Google]
1395658012065.jpg
38KB, 601x601px
>>384657074
>buy that 2 pack of fiberglass screen protectors
>fuck up the first one in less than 30 seconds
>walk my switch to my mother in pure defeat
>>
>>384657074
>had to go to my parents house so my dad could do it for me

>not my proudest moment
Anon, why are you asking to be bullied online
>>
>>384656730
I used to use screen protectors all the time, but then I realised how useless they were on 3DS's as long as you clean it with a good microfibre cloth
That, and the one I had on my Wii U made the screen look like shit, so I took it off
When I get a Switch, i'll either get a tempered glass one or none at all
>>
>>384657060
>not sure how the dock can cause scratches, the only parts that touch the screen are flat/soft

Nothing is truly flat anon. Any time two surfaces meet there's abrasion, and with a cheap plastic screen like the switch has, its going to show pretty fast.
>>
>>384657731
The 3DS is different because you fold it over so the screen is mostly protected if you chuck it in a bag or whatever. The switch you could buy a case I suppose but it will always get dirty inside and the slightest thing can scratch a plastic screen
>>
File: 1424719573056.gif (104KB, 320x471px) Image search: [Google]
1424719573056.gif
104KB, 320x471px
Yes. Can't live without them.

>Tempered glass protector on my Vita
>Hori screen protector iirc on my 3DS
>Hori on my WiiU as well
>Hardshell case for my 3DS
>Carrying Case for my Vita and 3DS
Thinking about getting a hardshell for my Vita and WiiU too. Maybe a case to put my WiiU tablet in when I'm transporting it.

I love taking care of my shit.
>>
>>384656730
No. I recently discovered my Switch had fallen out of its carrying case and been lying in my backpack for weeks. Not a single scratch.
>>
>>384656730
They're cheap as fuck so I see no reason not to
>>
>>384656730
Had my Switch since launch day. Doesn't have a single blemish on it. Why can't you kids look after anything.
>>
>>384657596
Fuck no
>>
>>384657624
The case was already preordered. Anyway, don't the plastic film is sticky? You think I can remove it safely? Anyway, I don't mind in case doing the 1 day delivery with amazon;?: it's expensive, but considering how Uchida money I've thrown away for the console, is better than have it scratched
>>
File: 1500102411259.gif (2MB, 470x378px) Image search: [Google]
1500102411259.gif
2MB, 470x378px
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N3ASPNV/

Just gonna leave this here.
>>
>>384657727
>Anon, why are you asking to be bullied online
Oh gosh, you anonymous strangers aren't going to type mean words at me, are you?
>>
File: miiverse_thread.png (66KB, 515x567px) Image search: [Google]
miiverse_thread.png
66KB, 515x567px
I only have with my New 3DS because I'm sure if I want to sell it down the line I'm going to get a shit ton of money.

Pretty sure that the dock scratching the Switch screen was a huge meme, so I didn't buy one.
>>
>>384656730
No? Never used a """screen protector""" for any of my devices and never had a single one of them scratched.

Really not sure why people even use that shit, they are the biggest fucking meme, just take care of your devices. Maybe part of the reason you are getting scratches is because you glue all sorts of dust and dirt onto your screen by using those protectors that you then quite literally drill into the display by applying force when you use the touch screen.
>>
I used to use Screen protectors
Then I realised that they were useless and the games look a million times better without a screen protector potentially fucking up the visuals
>>
>>384659379
I accidentally ordered a plastic screen protector thinking it was a glass one and took it off as soon as my glass one arrived. It didn't leave anything at all but it was by some company called Orzly, not Nintendos one.
>>384659703
try living near the beach where a single grain of sand can scratch even gorilla glass 5 displays, no fucking way am I trusting nintendos shitty plastic one
>>
File: switch dock.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
switch dock.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
i do not. i indiana jones that shit with my ms paint skills.
>>
>>384656730
Press the button anon
>>
>>384656730
Yes, I use a screen protector and its scratched. I barely take my Switch out of the dock and I'm careful with everything I own.
>>
Does anyone elses joycons slightly wiggle and creak? I'm not sure if it's worth sending into Nintendo for
>>
Got one coming from eBay, in the meantime I've straight up got an old sock covering the screen-facing part of the dock to add cushioning. No scratches so it's working it seems.
>>
>>384660363
All joycons will start doing that after they get a little worn in, how long it takes just varies a lot with production and usage.
That's simply how it is with modular hardware at consumer grade, lots of people saw it coming a mile away and either decided it didn't matter to them or just didn't buy a Switch.
>>
>>384660710
Hm I've only had my Switch a week. It's not really a big deal
>>
no screen protector not scratches, i don't really take any measures against scratches. i throw it in the dock into a backpack and carry it like that
>>
>>384660860
You take the dock in your bag?
>>
>>384656730
>do you have any scratches yet?
Nope.
>>
>>384661278
yeah,i take it to peoples houses all the time. just throw the dock, switch and extra controllers in a bag and play some Mario cart with the bros
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.