[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>play """""survival"""""

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1409314940195.jpg (137KB, 1182x642px) Image search: [Google]
1409314940195.jpg
137KB, 1182x642px
>play """""survival""""" game
>reach sustainable 2 hours in
>nothing left to do besides go out and explore the poorly built generic proceduraly generated world for minor upgrades.

>play city builder game
>build cool city
>nothing left to do but destroy it yourself

Why can't we have a building game, where the world is actively trying to destroy what you build?
The only two games that ever came close are Mount & Blade, and Dwarf fort.
No other game gives you that fun experience of defending what you built.
>>
Rust. Though the game has admittedly gone to shit recently with how the devs are catering to new players.
>>
>>384656542
I dislike the components system, and despise the "lmao building cupboards mean nothing" patch. Everything caters towards clans wiping the server out.

It's too hard for a solo player to build cool bases and make guns in relative peace.
>Not OP btw.
>>
>>384656542
>run around an empty world collecting garbage for an hour to get instantly killed by someone you diden't see who was camping for an hour
Not a fan of the DayZ clones. Never found them engaging.
>>
>>384656846
Like I said, the game has been gone to shit. With how you described the gameplay I can tell you haven't played the blueprints system which, was the golden age of rust. When you got a blueprint of a gun or other item, it was yours to keep. No running around the map playing a collectathon just to make one gun. All you needed was the metal and wood, no springs or rifle bodies or anything.
>>
OP have you tried 7dtd?
>>
>>384656059
I came up with a concept a long time ago for a city building game in a high fantasy setting where you build a fantasy frontier village which you then have to expand into a bustling city all while defending your settlement from monsters, natural disasters and undead armies.

Playing the game would basically go something like this:
>Select your home nation/race
>Start with a small number of colonists and a contingent of your nation's military to defend your starting colonists while you build something up
>First task is to get your colony to be able to defend itself within X amount of time before the military leaves
>You must build facilities to train soldiers, mages, archers, etc to defend your settlement
>You can also build an adventurer's guild hall to hire mercenary adventurers who can go out and nip certain threats in the bud (such as eliminating a Lich before he can raise an army of undead that you would then have to fight in an all out war)
>You can level up your adventurers and keep them happy with gifts and equipment or they'll move away from your settlement
>As your village expands you begin to have options about the laws of the settlement such as whether other races are allowed in or not, your choices here would impact how your patron nation perceived you
>Once your city is truly massive and has a big enough standing army you can choose to secede from your patron nation and declare independence, which will trigger an endgame style war of independence with your patron nation

So yeah, I would like a game kind of like that. Where you can pick to play as a human village then you eventually have to decide whether you'll let the elves and the dwarves come in to trade or not, then you have to decide whether you'll let them actually live in your village and if your patron nation doesn't like elves they might not like you letting elves hang out in your village/city. All the while Goblin armies are attacking your walls and you have to command your armies.
>>
>>384657370
always wrote it off as another dayz clone, might get it if it goes on sale now.
>>
>>384658551
Try it. I thought so to. Nek min I have 900 hours. If you are new, you wont get sustainable in under 20 hours. Probs much longer.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.