[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that redditors hate them can /v/ finally admit that the Halo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: cod&halo.jpg (51KB, 667x230px) Image search: [Google]
cod&halo.jpg
51KB, 667x230px
Now that redditors hate them can /v/ finally admit that the Halo and Call of Duty games were great?

>Halo
>Treated as dudebro incarnate, people went apeshit for halo 3 and it was a cultural phenomenon for years

>Has an epic sci-fi narrative struggling with themes like the origin of species, religion in a world wherein god may not matter anymore, the true power of the individual and the dangerous of hivemind thinking
>has a sweeping orchestral score soundtrack
>Spawned RvB, Spriggs and dozens of other Machinima
>polished, fast, almost arena-like gameplay that's easy to pick up but hard to master. Minimal downtime and great variety

>CoD
>Treated as the butt of every joke about gaming culture (i.e oh you love COD huh wow what a normie get off this board)

>CoD4's story is about how terrorism is culturally defined and that the true aim of terrorists is not to get back at who wronged them but to convince the people they are dominating that "the enemy" is the source of all of their woes, something no right-winged patriotic nutjob will ever understand
>Gameplay is tight and defined and the single players are usually fairly stellar experiences that combine cinematic gameplay with good setpieces, especially MW2
>>
yeah halo 1-3 were great, the rest were nonsensical trash

cod was never great, but cod 1 and 2 were okay. cod4 was the nadir of gaming sempai
>>
>>384653107
>the rest were nonsensical trash

3babies need to leave, ODST is better then 3 in every way, and Reach is better in most ways. 5's got great MP and the best forge in the series too.
>>
Didn't really play the series much, but the sci-fi CoD games at least seemed to put some emphasis on extra mobility options.
>>
>>384653780
Hello guy who trashes 3 then praises 5 in every halo thread

Every halo without flood is trash, flood make the game
>>
>>384651851
I liked Halo up to 3. I played CoD1 and CoD2 then skipped to BO1 and 2.

I tried MW3, Ghosts, AW and they just didn't fell the same.
>>
>>384654440
There are ton's of people who think the halo3fags are obnoxious and think 5's MP and forge are decent, because it's true. I don't typically post about it though.

>Every halo without flood is trash, flood make the game

From a gameplay perspective, the flood are tedious and frustrating. From a narrative/lore perspective, the flood are really cool, but hardly obligatory. You can make cool halo based fiction that's only just about a single branch of the UNSC easily.
>>
File: Cod.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Cod.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>384651851
>polished, fast, almost arena-like gameplay that's easy to pick up but hard to master. Minimal downtime and great variety

Halo has always been painfully slow, but it does have its roots in games like Quake and UT due to the weapon and power up spawns on maps.

Personally I always disliked Halo 2 and 3 multiplayer. My friends all went balls deep as fuck into Halo 2 when it came out, and I was getting into CSS at the exact same time. The fact that the SMG in Halo 2 had to be spammed at enemies and followed up with a melee attack kinda made me hate the game, and the fact that most of the guns in Halo 2 and 3 really lacked killing potential at medium to long range made fighting people just not a ton of fun. The game was also arguably poorly balanced, with the BR and sniper just being unbeatable at medium to long range. It did have cool game modes and I enjoyed SWAT, but the core gameplay never impressed me.

CoD4 came out and even most of /v/ was hype for it. I played it on friends consoles and I actually enjoyed it a lot. The automatics could easily kill at range, and the ADS system they used made aiming on a controller much easier. I eventually got it on PC and played it with some older CSS buddies, but as we put hours in we all started to realize how goddamn shallow the game was. All you really had to do was take an AK with stopping power (or that 3 round burst gun on consoles) and spam someone in the middle of their body and there was very little they could do to counter you if you shot first. The no recoil meant that you had 0 real risk in going fully automatic and the minimal damage for headshots meant that going for them was more of a liability than a benefit. The series started to violently rehash itself and make killstreaks stronger and stronger, so people started to hate it.

Overall Halo has more depth, but CoD's easier to control on a controller. Both are painfully overrated in the mainstream but neither are truly horrible.
>>
>>384653780
>ODST is better then 3 in every way,
Literally how, the campaign was pretty fun only for atmosphere, and Firefight was cool but 3's multi was leagues above it. ODST had 3's multi with some new maps anyway, so how the fuck is ODST supposed to be better when it was hitching a ride on Halo 3 just to be worth buying.

Only objective thing you could say is that ODST has better music than 3, because it probably does.
>>
>>384651851
These games destroyed the fps genre fuck you
>>
Halo singleplayer is actually pretty good and has a lot of nice story beats. I think MW1 and 2 also had good stories for what they were. It's a shame that people don't care about these any more, and most people seem to label Master Chief as a silent protagonist a la Gordon Freeman.
>>
File: Choices_in_Black_Ops_II.png (99KB, 1494x6464px) Image search: [Google]
Choices_in_Black_Ops_II.png
99KB, 1494x6464px
Reminder that this is a thing.
>>
>>384657209
Why did they feel the need to make this many branching paths in a Call of Duty game? Never understood it, I'm so impressed but mostly confused.
>>
>>384657209
I remember talking to some people about this and they were dumbfounded, they thought there was only one.
>>
>>384655506
However your posting style is predictable, and we know its you. Alot of people shit on 3, mostly halo 2 fans. There is about 3 people who actually care about halo 5
>>
>>384656736
>Literally how,

Because ODST included 3's MP. So, logically, ODST's MP is just as good as 3's, except better, since it also had firefight.
>>
>>384657840
That's a fucking stupid argument because you yourself said it's just 3's multiplayer so all ODST can take credit for is some new maps. All ODST had was its campaign and Firefight.

It's not like we'r talking which one is better to actually buy, but which one is a better game, and 3 is better than ODST if you look at their parts.

That's like saying Master Chief Collection is the best Halo game because it has the stuff from the first 4 games in it.
>>
I agree with OP.
Played Halo trilogy for the first time ~half of year ago (MCC). I approached them without hype nor expectations - just trying to kill some time.
Well, I got hooked in and ended up loving them. I know that series fans will disagree but my fav one was Halo 2. It removed clunky parts (corridors...) of H1, added significant gameplay improvements while still delivering what made Halo great - constsnt mix of environment/weapon/enemy trifecta.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.