[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is fucking insane They took the DaS is supposed to be hard

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 8

This is fucking insane
They took the DaS is supposed to be hard meme to seriously
>>
>>384649418
>This is fucking insane
It's not SO bad, even on the first playthrough.
I beat all the bosses first try with a decently min-maxed (but not overlevelled) PvP build. The actual levels were pretty tough to be sure though and I died a few times learning how to best work my through them. Once you know how they're not so bad however. As for bosses, Midir is the only mildly tough one since he has a really large HP pool and can one-shot you if you didn't properly invest in Vigor and defense. Gael is actually a pushover once you learn his pattern and how to punish his attacks and Halflight is always easy (unless you get a turbohacker or PvP god as a summon).
>>
Nothing is insane in a game with instant iframes.
>>
>>384650030

Im talking about that tar part in ringed city full of ringed knights and a dragonslayer armor. Its a hell for cleric builds like mine
>>
>>384650515
Just pick them off one at a time. Whatever your build is you can just throw on a light crossbow and inch your way across the area.
>>
>>384649418
What? I best the shit on ng+8 and yeah it was difficult but it wasn't anything mind breaking. What's hard about it? The beginning is literally just run past the angels, kill the angel summoner things. The first boss is difficult at first due to being a double with a second phase but once you learn the moveset you should be done with the first phase in a minute or two tops each time. The second boss is a joke. The third and optional boss an re just genuinely good, well designed bosses. Well Midir less so, but attack his head and he's not so bad. The summoner at the beginning of the ringed City is intimidating until you figure out the exact route they want you to take. It's not hard, it's just like a puzzle instead of normal combat.

I really don't see the difficulty meme of ringed City is
>>
>>384650515
Don't let them gang up on you, then?

The Dragonslayer Armor is so far away from any other enemy that you either ran from other enemies towards him or you ran from him towards enemies. I've completed Ringed City several times and have never fought him with another enemy.

And the Ringed Knights are easy to lure two at a time, usually one at a time.

Nothing about Ringed City is particularly difficult, you just can't run around like an idiot.
>>
>>384650968

no its fucking stupid, everything does to much damage
>>
>>384649418
des is the easiest in the series and also the most fun
>>
>>384649418
>easiest DaS
>this fucking guy

fuck, guy
>>
>>384651552

I´ve played all souls game and this is by far the hardes part of all of them
>>
>i-its easy

i bet you scrubs have a higher than 20 vigor
>>
>>384651941
keep posting
>>
>>384649418
Lothric and Cathedral Knights are the only enemies in the series I just run by
>>
>>384649418
Are you complaining about the full game or just the dlc?

Either way, if you think this shit was hard then obviously you never went through Frigid Outskirts.
>>
>>384652093
2H Greatsword Cathedral Knights are the fucking bane of my existence. The ones with shields are easy enough to stagger but those assholes without shields just never stop swinging long enough for me to get a clean hit.
>>
>>384650030
>I beat all the bosses first try
why would you lie on the internet, anon?
>>
>>384649418
All DaS3 problems can be solved like this:

ROLL ROLL ROLL ROLL ROLL ROLL ROLL
>>
This is casual shit compared to the bloodborne chalice dungeons.
>>
>>384653087
bloodborne is the easiest game in the series, though.
>>
>>384653131
When is this meme going to die?

All souls games apart from 2 allow you to frequently spam roll and avoid nearly every attack as well as having almost every all enemies and boss are so slow you can just back up and heal all of your HP.

I fucking dare you to name a souls boss more difficult then hotdog
>>
>>384653490
hotdog wasn't even that hard the only bad thing about it was if you were too greedy you would get one shot by him other than that just staying away and punishing his attacks is the best albeit slow way to go
>>
>>384651710
It's absolutely fucking not. Hell I'm replaying DS2 right now since I never played SotFS and I just got to Shrine of Amana and had straight PTSD. That area, before it was patched 50,000 times, was so much harder than The Ringed City that it's a fucking joke.

The Ringed Knights aren't even as hard as Darkwraiths in DS1 for Christ's sake.
>>
>>384653131
Orphan of Kos on NG+2 or higher is harder than anything, on any cycle, in DS3.
>>
File: 1490046480061.jpg (24KB, 577x382px) Image search: [Google]
1490046480061.jpg
24KB, 577x382px
>>384650030
>I beat Midir on the first try
Fuck off.
>>
How do I pass the bridge with the dragon?
>>
>>384653490

OP here, I cant remember a single difficult part in BB. Maybe Nightmare of Mensis but thats it
>>
>>384649418

Git immortal
>>
File: 18646.gif (776KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
18646.gif
776KB, 500x281px
>>384650030
>Midir on first try
>>
>>384654153
>>384654153
You run or attack the fucking dragon.

No wonder you're having such a hard time, you've apparently went straight retarded and can't use logic anymore since you've played one of the others. Jesus Christ. Attack his hand, bait his close fire, hide behind the rock that BLOCKS HIS FIRE, when he tries to do far fire, rinse and repeat

It's literally impossible to even get hit at all
>>
>>384652568 >>384653935 >>384654598
It's actually feasible if you watch it on youtube first or something.
>>
>>384654286
Pretty much the entire game if you aren't aggressive at all times
>>
File: 1497680112409.png (193KB, 448x595px) Image search: [Google]
1497680112409.png
193KB, 448x595px
>>384650030
>>
>there are people who couldn't kill midir on the first try
Fags, he wasn't hard, he just had a lot of hp.
>>
>make bad game
>try your hardest to make up for it in the dlc

should be punishable
>>
It is pretty goddamn stupid, with enemies all over the place trying to rape you, literally no point in clearing
>finally get past angel lazers
>have to get past archer wall
>>
dark souls isnt actually a hard or well designed game at all. when you play the game as it was meant with the DarkSaves mod that lets you save anywhere you realize how shitty easy this game is.

Oh I'm sorry, I'm not spending 10 minutes running back just to try again? That's not " dark souls " ?
>>
>all this samefagging
>>
>put bonfire before elevator so you have to spend 1 minute wasting time on the elevator everytime you die

uninstalled
>>
>>384651423
DaS1 is way easier.
>>
>>384654598
Is Midir the hardest boss in the entire franchise or what? I keep hearing how hard he supposedly is. I haven't bought the Ringed City yet, because Bamco jews didn't put it on sale yet.
I beat Friede first try on NG++ with a greataxe.
>>
>>384659024
Midir is very literally artificial difficulty. He's really not that different from any of the other giant monster bosses, but the amount of damage and his health are both fucking obscene. If it were a good boss fight and he had that much health, ok sure, but he's not. He doesn't do anything different than Amygdala except breath fire.
>>
>>384649418
I'm finding Dark Souls III harder than BB. I'm unsure if it's because I'm just used to BB's speed and shit, but I don't use a shield, despite having learned how to parry, and I'm wondering if my build is actually good.

If I remember correctly, my build looks like this:
VIG-23
ATN-15
END-28
STR-28
DEX-50
INT-16
FTH-12
LCK-15
>>
>>384649418
>ds3
>hard
>with unlimited rolling and insta sippy
>>
>>384659024
I've played all 5 games multiple times and I don't think Midir is the hardest boss in the franchise. He does have one of the steepest learning curves and he has a one-shot attack that is pretty much impossible to dodge the first time you see it. Another reason why so many people think Midir is the the hardest is because he is pretty much designed to get harder with summons rather than easier. Of course this isn't a problem if you just don't summon.
Some bosses who I think are harder than Midir are the final boss of Ringed City, Twin Princes, NK from DS3 alone. If you include the other games Midir isn't even top 10, but like I said earlier his learning curve is one of the highest. He's similar to Sir Alonne in that way. Until you figure him out he's hard, then all you need to do is roll at the right time for the incredibly telegraphed attacks and get some free hits during the very long recovery period.
>>
>>384652928
that's for every game really
>>
>>384659418
>Twin Princes
You've gotta be kidding me. How does anyone find the Twin Princes even remotely hard? All they do is very simple 2-3 swing combos, that are very telegraphed and easy to dodge through. Or even block if you have a fire shield.
>>
>>384659954
Its because they are STR shitters.
>>
uh why does this game runlike shit, i can play skyrim fine yet ds1 blight town i get 15 fps
>>
File: Demon Prince.jpg (1MB, 2709x1917px) Image search: [Google]
Demon Prince.jpg
1MB, 2709x1917px
>>384649418
The demon boss feels insane at the start, because you initially think it's some kind of amped up DS2 style copy paste.

You quickly realize one of the demons just becomes a turret for most of the fight and is basically an environmental hazard.

Gael isn't very hard, it's just about learning the moves and using a fast weapon.

Midir is a challenge boss that is quite manageable if you've fought Amagydala from Bloodborne.

I think Old Hunters might have been just as hard or harder due to Lawrence and Ludwig.
>>
>>384649418
a crown of shit for the shit king of a game.
how they thought it was acceptable to rush out dark souls 3 and phone it in entirely and put in zero effort is beyond me, and how people mindlessly ate it up is even further beyond
>>
>>384659024
It's a different fight than Friede, so depends if you are comfortable fighting massive camera bosses.

If you go in fighting him blind, you'll die at least once figuring out the 'trick'.

Once you know it, it's pretty straight forward.
>>
>>384660031
I AM an STR master race, and I'm telling you they're easy.
>>
the sheer magnitude of shittery in this thread is honestly reddit tier.
Can't wait for summer to be over
>>
>>384660484
ds seems really shitty already, not sure how the sequels could be worse
>>
>>384649418
What are you stuck into?
If it's enemy, you can just run through them.
If it's boss, you can summon white.
>>
>>384659024
Midir isn't hard. He is just a damage sponge and is a huge slog to kill.
>>
>>384661562
Is he an actual damage sponge or the Storm King "how was I supposed to know I have to hit the head?!" damage sponge?
>>
>>384649418
>you didn't get to visit that tower
FUCKEH YOU SAKI-MAN
>>
>>384661806
Head receives more damage, but its still a 20 minute slog anyway, although somewhere at ~25%HP he does a huge frenzy laser attack that (almost always) instakills on hit, but leaves him open for a huge crit.
>>
>>384659418
Twin cripples is easy as hell though

What'd you do, play a sorcerer?
>>
>>384662603
I never said they were hard. Just harder than Midir, which they are. Less window to dodge attacks, less downtime in the fight and a boss gimmick that restricts where you can attack the boss in a meaningful way, unlike Midir whose entire moveset is designed to let you hit his head. I'll admit I wasn't clear in my first post, but I don't think Twin Princes are hard at all, just harder than Midir.
>>
Ringed City is full of artificial difficulty and bullshit bosses. Unless you're like, level 150+ and on NG, but most rational people stopped leveling around 100 and are on NG+++ or further.
>>
File: put your grasses on.png (85KB, 203x293px) Image search: [Google]
put your grasses on.png
85KB, 203x293px
>DaS3
>Being anywhere near as hard as the first
You have to be fucking joking. On my first playthrough of the game, I never changed my weapon or any armor and barely upgraded my character yet burned through the game in a fucking week. The only relatively 'hard' parts were the cathedral and catacombs but that's because they overwhelm you with enemies if you're not careful. Regardless of how easy it is compared to the other games, I still love it because I can roleplay as Guts.
>>
>>384662996

Artificial difficulty is a meme buzzword that actually does not exist
>>
>samefag keeps bumping his shit thread with same format bitchery
>>
>>384663000
>DS1
>even remotely hard compared to DS2/BB/DS3
Do you have brain problems? It's by far the easiest of the three in the series, and only slightly harder than DeS
>>
>>384663112
meme buzzword is a meme buzzword and does not actually exist.
>>
File: header.jpg (79KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
79KB, 460x215px
>>384649418

You seem to have posted the wrong image.
>>
>>384663112

I used to believe this until I played DaS 2.
>>
>>384656442
>make people pay for a shittier version of the painted world that you can teleport in and out of as you please

Interesting plan
>>
>>384662603
Never played sorcerer, but seems like it'd be tougher in DaS3 than in previous games. The enemies are much more aggressive and spell start up animations take forever.
>>
>>384663265
I can't adjust back to DaS1 and 2's slower pace.
>>
>>384663265
>he died to a boss in BB

Quit video games my guy
>>
>>384663802
>projecting
I don't know man. If you died to anything in DS1 other than the scripted death (Seath) and missing the jump against Bed of Chaos, you might be functionally retarded.
>>
>>384663265
>Finding BB hard
Holy fuck,I should have mentioned before that BB was even easier than DS3. The fact that you could basically carry 20 health restores and restore health just from spamming R1 made everything too easy. I never changed armor nor weapons in BB either. Only boss I had trouble with was Micolash because his bitch ass spells. DS1 was difficult because the control system wasn't as refined as it was later on and tank movement but it wasn't fucking impossible to beat.
>>
OP here pls stop bumping this thread
I already passed the are I was stuck
Much thanks
>>
>>384659185
i think i have the same, and friedes scythe, it works pretty good. Is there any other good DEX weapon or a weapon that does more bleed damage than 30-35?
>>
Difficulty?

DeS: Obtuse at the time but pretty tame these days with a few tricky bits. 4-2 and 5-2 are pretty mean and the maneaters are one of the toughest boss fights in the series.

DaS: Easiest game in the franchise by a long shot. Again, there's tricky bits mixed in there, but it's the least frustrating by far. I've beaten this game drunk.

DaS2: Tougher than the previous 2 because of some wacky enemy placement. Too many ambushes cause frustration. Enemies are still very exploitable though, so it's never all THAT tough.

BB: Hard, but fair. Enemies are aggressive as fuck, but you can be just as aggressive and you're rewarded for it.

DaS3: Cheap bullshit. Enemies attack non-stop taking up huge swathes of space, attack in enormous groups, and ambush you every two seconds. Moreover, the controls aren't half as responsive as BB's so you constantly feel like you're fighting to make your character do anything you want.

Dark Souls 3 sucks.
>>
>>384664449
In DaS3 you can stunlock every single enemy and even a majority of bosses by spamming r1. Enemies have no way of stopping you
>>
>>384663558
No.
How are you gonna stop us?
>>
>>384653665
DS 2 can fuck off
>>
>>384650135
Go play Ninja Gaiden 2 not that Sigma shit though on Master Ninja and say that again my dude.
>>
>>384655452

...that doesn't really fucking count
>>
File: 1495498291079.png (795KB, 938x1010px) Image search: [Google]
1495498291079.png
795KB, 938x1010px
>>384663000
>I can roleplay as Guts.
>>
>>384663441
Why the fuck there are an army of Dark Souls 2 apologists? Who the fuck would do that just because people dislike and hatespeech about it?
>>
>>384663112
Yes it does. Putting bonfire before an elevator instead of after them so you have to waste 1 minute on the elevator every time you die is artificial difficulty.
>>
>>384665349

How is that different from being forced to mow through a bunch of respawning trash enemies on every attempt?
>>
>>384665465
cause one can argue thats actually a video game and you can get better and more efficient at doing that over and over, while an elevator an inexcusable waste of time bullshit that made me install DarkSaves mod
>>
>>384649418
DS2 was harder
>>
>"okay we have conditioned our players to dodge roll on reflex to any animation start up from enemies because they hit pretty much instantly"
>"good good... now lets intentionally delay the animation start up even more so they will get hit still even if they roll on reflex"
>"haha lets make pontiff too"
>>
https://youtu.be/Np5PdpsfINA?t=954
Thread posts: 92
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.