[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So did it live up to the games, or should I spend tonight starting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: castlevania_netflix.jpg (45KB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
castlevania_netflix.jpg
45KB, 854x480px
So did it live up to the games, or should I spend tonight starting Harmony of Dissonance instead?
>>
Not to be an annoying memester, but the show is actually better than HoD.
>>
When it actually followed Castlevania lore, it was quite good. They seem to care more about Castlevania than IGA did. But half the show is pointless cussing and filler.
>>
>>384642054
People fucking loved the 4 episodes.
They loved them so fucking much they immediately started working on season 2 and 3.
It's about Castlevania 3. And to tell you quite honestly Until Castlevania got to Rondo of blood the games only had premises to work with.
The show captures Castlevania 3 pretty nicely. Still waiting on the Grant reveal.
>>384643793
How 95% of Castlevania 3 was whipping shit until you found the companions. Then it was more storyless whipping until the boss.

Got to fill dead air with more than just whipping shit.
>>
>season is only 4 episodes
>English dub is pretty cheesy
>I USED TO FIGHT FUCKING VAMPIRES
>some segments are literally RPG-tier dialogue, complete with directions to objective
>action segments are way too short
They've got an entire year to make 4 non-shitty episodes, but I'm not optimistic
>>
File: 1419456383448.jpg (173KB, 960x717px) Image search: [Google]
1419456383448.jpg
173KB, 960x717px
Seemed to me to be more of a 4-episode prequel to the actual show. I imagine it was just a redressed proof of concept to show Netflix execs that original English animation in an anime style can draw in customers for their budding anime category.

It's refreshing to see original English work and all, but the pacing was sloppy. You can tell that the studio doesn't have much experience with it yet.
>>
>>384644075
It's not a dub you fucking weeb
>>
>>384642054

not videogames
>>
>>384644075
>season is only 4 episodes
Was supposed to be a movie. They cut it up for profit.
>English dub is pretty cheesy
Japanese ain't much better.
>I USED TO FIGHT FUCKING VAMPIRES
You keep your composure while shitface and hated by damn near everybody.
>some segments are literally RPG-tier dialogue, complete with directions to objective
which is more dialogue than Castlevania 3 ever had.
>action segments are way too short
Can't blow their load on action in every other scene. Got to save that shit for stuff that matters.
>>
>>384644038

No one is saying the show needed to be all fighting. The first episode with the backstory to Dracula and his wife were well done. The next two episodes on the other hand are full of a lot of story filler. Lots of cussing and 'the church is evil' that didn't really have any character development for Trevor. It just set up a fight in the last half of the last episode.

They also kind of ruined Trevor. In the original game manual, Trevor is suppose to be a noble guy who comes back to save the land despite his family being excommunicated and told to leave. In this show, he's just randomly wandering the land drunk, despite not wanting to help anyone. Then stumbles into the problem. They managed to both ruin his noble purpose for returning and make him out to be a worthless drunk.
>>
File: 1500530070810.gif (129KB, 530x420px) Image search: [Google]
1500530070810.gif
129KB, 530x420px
>>384644075
>english dub
>>
>>384644669
Well it makes more sense to start fighting for yourself and drink yourself silly because you're entire family was deemed heretical and no one wants your help anymore.
He was once a hero but now he's all washed up
>>
>>384645287

>Well it makes more sense to start fighting for yourself and drink yourself silly because you're entire family was deemed heretical and no one wants your help anymore.
Not really. Especially not in the context of this story. He was penniless and gave up on the world. And his family was forced out of Wallachia generations ago. There's no reason for him to be wandering around in a land where people hated him so much, they were ready to kill him on site. He could have gone to Venice or something if he wanted to drink all day.

>He was once a hero but now he's all washed up
He wasn't a hero. His ancestor was. He's a guy who was taught to use the whip out of family tradition, but hadn't fought vampires himself. Which is why even he is surprised when he encounters the cyclops and Alucard.
>>
>>384645647
He was just passing by :^)
>>
>>384642054
Terrible adaptation. Completely missed the vibe of the series.
>>
>>384645647
He was trying to pass through Wallachia on to the next country until the whole speaker thing happened.
His family was known for killing vampires and other worldly monsters. He was trained as such. then the church forsake his family. The rest of his family died. Literal Last Belmont at the time Just trying to get the fuck out of that hell hole.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=no6x0KCOAU4

pretty much feel the same
>>
>>384642054
It's decent, but English Trevor is trash both in his writing and acting and the show suffers from being rushed and thus not developing certain elements and a questionable fight in the last episode.

I recommend the Italian dub.
>>
It's quality entertainment for 2 hours. A great watch and any fan of the series will geek plenty
>>
>>384644367
>which is more dialogue than Castlevania 3 ever had.
Comparing it to a 28 year old game with no story focus doesn't really make it look any better.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.