[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some games with actually good first person melee combat?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

File: 1446225705453.webm (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1446225705453.webm
2MB, 640x360px
What are some games with actually good first person melee combat?

>webm most definitely not related
>>
Dark Messiah of Might & Magic
>>
Mount & Blade
>>
Shadow Warrior
And it's free : https://www.humblebundle.com/store/shadow-warrior-special-edition
>>
>>384636108
Wanna start this again? Ok, let's go.
>retard who cannot comprehend stats and skills in an rpg
>>
Modded skyrim actually makes first person combat a lot better than most
>>
>>384636108
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zX9iMAzGUbY

>actual sword fighting techniques
I can't wait for KCD.
>>
>>384636108
Why are there so few games with good first person melee combat like pic related?
>>
>>384636669

>smashing a weapon onto an enemy has to be a skill

haha get out
>>
>>384636669
>retard defending retarded game mechanics.
How Ironical
>>
>>384636917
>>384636925
>thinking morrowind is supposed to be a pure action game because you played shitrim first
>>
>>384636350
>>384636518
>>384636652

All of fucking these desu

Maybe I add maybe dishonored.
>>
>>384636669
>actually defending Morrowind's bland shit combat
>>
Zeno Clash, I promise - go in blind and don't read anything about the game, it's best experienced like that.
>>
>>384636843
That looked shit desu. I'd rather take fantasy combat if that is what realistic looks like.
>>
>>384637008

I've played neither, but if i swing a weapon that actually makes contact, i imagine it would do something.

Keep defending.
>>
>>384636108
Breakdown.
Chronicles of riddic.
>>
Condemned: Criminal Origins
>>
>>384636851

bait aside, that's some cool looking alt cover art. if i had a good printer i'd definitely do that with my physical PS4 copies.
>>
chivalry whenever people play normally
>>
>>384637419
It's not making contact though, retard.

Morrowind may be 3d, but the 3d world you're witnessing is merely an interface for the dice. The dice are the reality of the combat in Morrowind. You could say that there's dissonance between the visuals and the gameplay, which would be true, but saying that you are hitting the crab is just fucking wrong.

If you miss at low stamina, it means that your character is tired as shit and can't control the hammer with any real force, and therefore the Mudcrab can easily avoid harm, that or it simply doesn't do anything to its shell. The animation not changing to reflect your characters weakness does not mean that the weakness is not there.

Use your brain.
>>
Zeno clash 1 and 2
Condemned 1 and 2, expecially 2 cause HOBI FIGHT
Vermintide is basically fantasy l4d, but its still satisfying as hell
Cronicles of riddick was pretty gud, better than all the movies after the first ihmo
Dark messiah of might and magic(memory's a bit fuzzy on this one)
red steel 2 was really good also
>>
War of the Roses has the best melee-combat ever invented and will most likely never be surpassed.
The accuracy is phenomenal, you could stab a person's eye out.
>>
>>384636669
>>384637008
>Can't hit a big stationary crab
My real world Blunt Skill and Agility Attribute must be at 100 each because I never missed hitting a trash can with a baseball bat.
>>
Killing Floor 2
>>
>>384637385
>>384636843
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbzYC70X0lc

Devs are shit at their own game. Also the combat would be amazing if the AI weren't completely retarded.
>>
Let me guess, low level character not trained in the weapon he's using expecting to smash everything?
>>
>>384637419
>it should hit and do zero damage instead of missing!
autism
>>
No stamina again. Wonder why all these webms have this in common....
>>
>>384636108

Oh look another "underage faggot complains about Morrowind's combat" episode.
>>
>>384636669
Defend daggerfall next, do it faggot.
>Everything is dice rolls
>Have to do shitty attack mechanics anyway
RPG's with action elements were a mistake, Action games with RPG elements is how it should be done.

Even then those still suck because it comes down to numbers>skill
>>
There are only two games that have good melee combat in first person, for different reasons.

>breakdown because its the best first person melee ever
>that might and magic game where the kick is literally god mode

Honorable mention to Butcher Bay. Nothing else handles melee well at all in fps.
>>
>>384636843
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zX9iMAzGUbY [Embed]
>>actual sword fighting techniques
>I can't wait for KCD.

I've never been more hyped for a game.
>>
Morrowind
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.