[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've been wanting to get into GG for a while but I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6

File: Guilty Gear 1.png (242KB, 955x643px) Image search: [Google]
Guilty Gear 1.png
242KB, 955x643px
I've been wanting to get into GG for a while but I'm not sure how. Should I just get Rev 2? I've heard there's comprehensive tutorials that'll help you get up to speed. I'm not great at fighting games so I was hoping this might be the one. I like the way Slayer looks. What do /v/? Also, should I get it on Steam or PS4? I'm more concerned about community activity.
>>
Just buy rev 2, its the easiest to get into it teaches matchups and also advanced mechanics like RCs and tick throws
>>
File: 1500486180785.gif (3MB, 629x338px) Image search: [Google]
1500486180785.gif
3MB, 629x338px
>>384635839
Get Rev 2. On pc you need to purchase both rev1 and the rev2 upgrade, but for ps4 you can buy just rev2.
Slayer isn't a bad choice for starters. It'll be a little challenging, but it can get a lot worse.
Community is solid enough. A lot of people say there are no players, but only because nobody plays Ranked. If you look in the player lobbies, there's always activity.
>>
File: Thumbs Up.png (132KB, 280x314px) Image search: [Google]
Thumbs Up.png
132KB, 280x314px
>>384636902
>>384637281
Thanks Famlethal Valentine and Senpai Kuradoberi.
>>
>>384635839
Rev 2 is always suggested as the best way to get started in Guilty Gear and modern fighting games in general. it has one of the most user friendly tutorials out there right now; and has an additional separate tutorial (mission mode) for matchup strategies; like if youre having problems dealing with a particular character.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNKMCOU9_Po&list=PLj34EySs1IeZ8GpjKW8R2T6dzI6B3GSuH
Here's a video series to ease you in GG. If you're more comfortable with Street Fighter; it gives you a very good insight of how Guilty Gear translates from it

The online for GG is a bit more subdued than SF or Tekken mainly because no one plays Ranked Matches in GG or BB and prefer lobbies for more efficient matchmaking and rematches. There are times that the lobbies might appear empty but only because people schedule their lobbies. You can ask for games and schedules from the discord.

https://discordapp.com/invite/0XHAUY5AppITX2Yo

As for your character of choice, Slayer hits fucking hard and his specialization is ducking and punishing people's mistakes for a full counterhit combo. He's strong but requires patience so you can get in into people's defences.
>>
>>384637418
99% of the time you'll search for Player lobbies and see 10 lobbies with SHIT connection

If you make your own, they fill up in minutes with people with decent connections to you

at least from my experiences
>>
>>384635839
Just pick a character you like and stick with them. Slayer's not that bad for a beginner. If it's your very first fighting game though, you might want to take it slow and spend some time getting all the fundamental shit down before getting into more advanced and character specific stuff.
>>
>>384637510
My only noteworthy fighting game experience is with UMvC3 and Smash 4. I'm not super intrigued by SFV, I have Tekken 7 but I feel like I need a foundation in another fighter first in order to really get into it, and I'm planning on getting DBFZ and Dissidia. Outside of that, I don't play them very often.
>>
>>384637713
if you've dealt with mid-high level UMVC3 (Character synergies, advanced movement like Plink dashing and Tridashing, Option selects etc) then you'll be a lot more oriented with Guilty Gear and its anime fighter ilk. Either ay, the video series is very informative and gives insight thats easy to absorb
>>
File: tumblr_oait1wGR9j1r0l45no2_500.gif (2MB, 500x185px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oait1wGR9j1r0l45no2_500.gif
2MB, 500x185px
>>384637556
This. Don't get discouraged when you struggle with inputs or get your ass kicked for a while. The first few hours are tough, but then you'll start learning very quickly and it's immensely satisfying. Fighting games saved me from getting jaded with video games
>>
>>384637536
This. Best way to get a bunch of good matches
>>
>>384635839
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQpLNCRIxWA
>>
Learing Baiken from viable for a beginner?
Does PS4 or PC have the larger pool of players? I can only afford one version at the moment.
>>
>>384640979
Viable, but difficult. Her playstyle is very reactive, so she's a good fit for people that have played a lot of Guilty Gear and can anticipate opponents' moves. Slayer is kinda like that too.
But it's always best to stick with the character you feel drawn to. I started with a very challenging character, and ended up loving it
>>
>>384635839
wow ok
i literally just got this game for the first time yesterday after getting bored of skullgirls and blazblue, so i can give you some advice

it's WAY easier for beginners to get into than most other fighting games, but has all the depth of high level games as well. The online play is shit because nobody plays lobby, but it's easy to find friends if you just join the discord. definitely reccomend to new players.
>>
>>384640979

I would say don't learn Baiken as a first character, she requires a lot of match up knowledge the get the most out of her.

I would start with someone like Sol or Sin, they're pretty straight forward but really fun.

I play Raven and Jam and have showed multiple new players the game using them and they tend to pick them up pretty quickly so you might wanna try those two as well.
>>
Decide for me right fucking now /v/

Do i get the PC version or the PS4 version? I may play this with some friends if i can get them into it but there is a much higher chance that it wont happen.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.