[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>want to replay MGS4 every day for the last year >know

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 10

File: maxresdefault.jpg (179KB, 1400x788px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
179KB, 1400x788px
>want to replay MGS4 every day for the last year
>know Sony is going to release a PS4 version since they own it
>don't know when

How much longer?
>>
>>384633783
Fuck you faggot i thought this was legit.

Kill yourself.
>>
The game is legitimately bad though. People say mgsv was bad but at least it was fun
>>
>>384633783
Eh, I'm not entirely sure how likely this is. They already released that huge collection on PS3. On the other hand, they certainly didn't release every MG game in that collection. Maybe they could do another collection that includes Metal Gear Ac!d 1&2 and the Game Boy Color game. Maybe even Snake's Revenge, but that's a hell of a long shot.
>>
>>384634863
The first half of MGS4 was great, but it falls apart after that. I wouldn't call it bad but it's definitely one of the weaker entries in the series. It definitely had some of the most memorable moments though.
>>
There's no game I want to play again more than MGS4. I don't have my PS3 with me anymore
>>
>>384635162
This, also I'd say it has an underappreciated soundtrack and I will still defend the microwave tunnel as an amazing hallway
>>
I don't think they can remake this for the PS4.
It's just not the sort of game you remake.
>>
>>384633783
Why the hell would anyone want to replay the worst Metal Gear game?
>>
>>384635259
Microwave hallway is one of the best moments in the series.
>>
>>384633783
how much longer will I be watching old snake enjoy a smoke in the remaster?
>>
File: 4925.gif (3MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
4925.gif
3MB, 320x240px
>>384635778
He said MGS4, not MGS1.
>>
>>384635685
OP wants them to release it on ps4. Not remake it. Use your brain a little sometimes.
>>
>>384635827
Until you realize that there was absolutely no reason for him to go in since all the Scarabs focus attacking the MKII instead of Snake who does nothing.
One of the stupidest moments from a series that is chock full of stupid moments.
>>
>>384635162

the part where he talks to Meryl when he arrives on Outer Haven is pretty good

>makes you feel alive doesn't it?

So good.
>>
File: doing it wrong.jpg (37KB, 350x523px) Image search: [Google]
doing it wrong.jpg
37KB, 350x523px
>>384635941
Let me stop you right there
>>
>>384635941
As many design flaws as MGS4 has, it is still miles ahead of MGS1's overall gameplay, fuck MGS4's bosses though they were all shit except for liquids fights
>>
>>384633783
>since they own it
when did this happen? i though MGS was still in konami's hand
>>
>>384635941
You shut your fucking cock holster you flaming faggot
>>
My dream is for them to release a remastered collection of 1-4 for current consoles and PC. We never got MGS1 in the PS3 collection. I'd like them to remaster it like they did with Parappa the Rapper and FF9.
>>
File: liquid.png (614KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
liquid.png
614KB, 1280x720px
>>384636193
Was it kino?
>>
>>384633783
What happened to MGS4 on Vita?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zysm-Oytb-Q
>>
>>384635941
Look at these British faggots you used as a reaction image.
>>
>>384635070
>On the other hand, they certainly didn't release every MG game in that collection
They released all the main games and Peace Walker. Anything else is an unimportant spinoff or not canon.
>>
>>384636193
>A game from 2008 plays better than a game from 1998.

What an achievement.
>>
>>384636268
That and the Metal Gear fight, surprisingly good bosses for a game that has every other boss suck
although the I think I'd like if the other bosses succed
>>
>>384636040
Why the fuck would you port it to PS4 without actually enhancing it?
>>
>>384636430
The sad part is: it doesn't.
Act 3 is an absolute abomination and the worst part from any Metal Gear game to date, it also has two (2) on rails sections which are always bad.
>>
>>384636193

MGS4 has better mechanics and more systems to interact with but MGS is the better planned game with a consistent pacing and a continuous gauntlet of entertaining scenarios. What good are more advanced stealth mechanics if they only have half a (very short) game to be utilized in before the game loses all consistency?
>>
>>384636570
They're called remaster
>>
>>384633783
Why do you want to replay absolute garbage? Are you really telling me that you think a dumbass like Hideo Kodumbassma makes fun vidya?

http://www.rollingstone.com/glixel/reviews/hideo-kojima-reviews-wonder-woman-w492779
>>
>>384636310
Remote play
>>
>>384636063
nigga, they had no idea what kind of shit might be waiting for them in the server room, and sending the Mk.II (actually it was the Mk. III but don't worry about it) alone could have potentially sabotaged the whole situation if something would have happened to it.

Of course, they probably didn't exactly think about how fucked Snake was at the time and probably expected him to just dash forward to the end of the corridor instead of limping his way through what was basically an oven.

Basically, if you have a problem with the scene, you should complain about Raiden not doing it for Snake, not that Snake was there to begin with. That said, even then, it was pretty emotionally-charged and, if Solid Snake told me that he wanted to go do the cool thing that I knew I was better-equipped to do, I'd let him do it.
>>
>>384636615
I understand your argument, but that doesn't change the fact that MGS4 has superior gameplay.
>>
>>384636615
You are correct with MGS1 being a much better planned game with stuff you actually consistently use, I never used 90% of the shit MGS4 gave, especially the weapons, only half of MGS4 is amazing.
MGS1 is overall a better game but gameplay wise MGS4 was more fun for ME, I blame a little bit of nostalgia for act 4 being fun, because it was really just a copy paste job with easy to avoid enemies
>>
>>384636253
The Legacy Collection had MGS1
>>
>>384636253
ahah fuck you white piggu, no gamu for you only parhinko
>>
>>384636893

What is gameplay if not a phrase for the sum interactive experience the game actually offers? Can MGS4 really have superior gameplay if 3/5's of the game is total shit and the other 2/5's are so brief they basically qualify as a demo for the mechanics?
>>
File: MGS4NaomiPP.png (269KB, 505x480px) Image search: [Google]
MGS4NaomiPP.png
269KB, 505x480px
>>384636826
>you should complain about Raiden not doing it for Snake
He should've, honestly MGS4 is the worst written game I've ever played. Quick recap of MGS4 autism:

-Snake Eater CODEC team is the Illuminati
-Big Boss was reconstructed from Solidus and Liquid
-Dr. Madnar is alive despite being killed on screen definitely in Metal Gear 2
-Patriots experimented on Raiden despite already having the technology to make cyborgs
-Anything to do with Johnny
-Rose married Colonel Campbell
-Vamp was just nanomachines
-Liquid Ocelot's plot hinges on Snake being able to disarm GW yet throughout the game he is constantly trying to stop him

There's probably more but the only genuine good thing to come from that game was that Naomi was hot as fuck.
>>
If MGS4 was 80% gameplay and 20% cutscene, the opposite of what it is now, it would have easily been the best in the series.
>>
>>384637159
and then she FUCKING DIED
anyone have that image that abridges bb's conversation and critiques the entire plot with snake at the end of mgs4
>>
>>384637359
>Act 3
>Best in the series
Nope.
>>
>>384637159

MGS4 was shit on so many levels that I find it incredible that there is anybody yearning to play it again at all. I wonder if this is a soft PTSD for MGS fans who want to go back to play MGS4 after so many years imagining its the game they probably wanted it to be before it came out.

Unfortunately, I am one of those people. I just played it a couple of weeks ago, and I have to say nobody is missing anything. If you have any positive memories of MGS4 hold on to those tight and never play it again.
>>
>>384636959
Yes the original version, not remastered and it wasn't even on the disc.
>>
>>384637428
act 1 is the peak of mgs4 besides the ending of act 4 and ending of act 5, I don't even remember what happened in act 3
>>
>>384637504
I replayed it yesterday, it's stupid as fuck and felt like someone from /v/ wrote it, but it's funny and an enjoyable ride.

I always wish I could be a fly in kojima's offices to see if he basically was laughing to himself as he wrote this or if he took it all super seriously.
>>
>>384637092
I don't agree that it was a demo.
The game was rushed, unfinished, which gives off the impression that it's a demo, but it in no way is.
GTA 4 is the only game I can think of during that era where the demo argument was even applicable, and even then it was hard to argue considering that the game still had many strengths.
>>
>>384633783
>know Sony is going to release a PS4 version since they own it
They don't own dick, retard.
>>
>>384637656
This, the only bad parts of mgs4's writing that seem like he took it 100% seriously to me is the whole rose jack colonel dilemma, how did he write that
>>
File: DeathStranding.png (50KB, 1298x270px) Image search: [Google]
DeathStranding.png
50KB, 1298x270px
>>384637628
It's the one where you tail the Resistance member for 3/4 of the chapter and then do the on rails shooting segment followed by Raging Raven, one of the worst boss fights of all time.

>>384637656
Kojima had a co writer on the first three games, Fukushima, who I would imagine somewhat reigned in Kojima but without someone to keep him in tact it's a mess. No way it's a coincidence that the first three Solid games are genuine masterpieces and then the next three games were complete trash.
I can't wait to see how catastrophic Death Stranding is.
>>
>>384637159
I think honestly all of those points make perfectly-reasonable sense within the context of the MGS universe.
Also, could have been a different Madnar, the name just being a reference. Maybe a relative/descendant.

The only point that really holds any value is:
>anything to do with Johnny
and I didn't personally mind him besides his dumb whacky pants-shitting moments in Act 1.

And let me personally state that your last point makes little sense because Ocelot's goal was not disabling GW but instead destroying all of the Patriots, for which he would need Sunny's genius to create the virus that would do so, so if you're saying that he should have taken an alternate course of action, say that his plan should have been to capture Sunny like they did with Emma in MGS2.

And he certainly couldn't have dropped the charade and just asked her to, because then the Patriots would have shifted focus to thwarting plans for them to meet and create the necessary virus. Ocelot needed to be a villain that the Patriots would see and come to the conclusion that Snake was the one best suited to deal with him.

Dumb, but it makes perfect sense in context.
>>
File: IMG_20161029_230900.jpg (56KB, 750x729px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161029_230900.jpg
56KB, 750x729px
So, i like shit like Hitman, Splinter Cell and Deus Ex.

Before getting in to this shit, are the bosses like bullet sponges?
>>
>>384638008
Metal Gear bosses overall in my opinion have some of the best bosses in games period
MGS4's however are indeed bullet sponges with a tacked on backstory with shit fights
>>
>>384637159

Naomi scenes would be the only time I would play the game again.

>Laughing Octopus with Naomi's face

Never knew I wanted it so badly too.
>>
>>384638008
Sortve, but they have cool little mechanics that make them more enjoyable. But yes, you are gonna be shooting a lifebar where they go into a damage state and have to restart the process again. The only game that has the most egregious bullet sponge bosses is peace walker, which most people just avoid playing anyway.
>>
>>384638008
Only Peace Walker and 4 are like that, honestly you're best off playing the first three Solid games and pretending the rest don't exist. I wish I did that.
>>
>>384636386
Except for Portable Ops
>not canon
It was canon from it's inception to the day Kojima didn't put him on the HD release due to not being a game directed by him. It's like saying the prequels are not canon because Disney says so.
(also, MGS saga has some of their most interesting takes on non-canon games, like Ghost Babel, AC!D or MG Rising)
>spinoff
If you consider Solid a spinoff to Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2, or MGS3 a spinoff to MGS2...you can consider PO or PW spinoffs if you want, but you'll still won't know what a spin off means.
>unimportant
Well, we are in 2017 and the last 3 games of that saga are still an evolution of the Portable Ops formula. You may like the game or not, but it really re-defined the saga, and was the biggest turning point since Solid
>>
>>384635162
The ray vs rex battle was great
>>
>>384636386
Your reading comprehension is interesting, to say the least.
>>
>>384637898
My point is that Ocelot's entire plan is such a ludicrous gamble, he's taking on Liquid's persona which means that he will go out of his way to stop Snake at every point.
I understand that he did it to get the Patriots to send in Solid Snake to defuse the situation like they did in the past but it's such a dumb plan because if anything happens to Snake at all then it's game over.

Another point I'd like to add is that Noami is a world renowned biologist but at the end she's also a genius computer scientist too who wrote most of FOXALIVE, that's just nonsense.
>>
Its up to Konami to release and I doubt they ever will because they fired nearly the entire time that worked on it.

Any work to port the original game from CELL -> x86 would take a lot of knowledge on how the original game works, and I doubt Konami is willing to put the investment for it.
>>
>>384633783
Does Sony own it?
>>
>>384638705
Ocelot's plan is such a retarded keikaku that I cannot fault it for being a series of incredibly lucky happenings. The main problem with it is that it lacks a fitting presentation of it. You learn about a lot of it post-playthrough when you sit back and reconstruct what the fuck exactly happened instead of flipping your shit mid-run like you should be.
>>
>>384638705
That last point is a bit moot in the mgs universe. People are quite regularly supernaturally talented.
>>
>>384639006
that's fair, but they're usually presented as such when they're introduced. The game fellates characters for their super abilities, for her to suddenly be a brilliant rocket scientist out of nowhere would be silly and is bad storytelling even in schlocky terms
>>
>>384639006
It's about the context though, I'm not faulting a Metal Gear game for being unrealistic but in MGS4 it's just too much of a deus ex machina that a world class biologist just happens to be a world class computer scientist too when that was never alluded to in MGS1 in the slightest.
>>
File: 12556788.jpg (37KB, 800x427px) Image search: [Google]
12556788.jpg
37KB, 800x427px
speaking of mgs...

>tfw the only reason you didn't shoot is because you didn't realize you had to push a button
>>
>>384637159
>-Rose married Colonel Campbell
holy shit is this real?
>>
>>384639689
Jack is dead...he is cuck now.
>>
>>384639689
Sort of, it was staged in order to keep her protected from the Patriots but my point still stands that it's beyond stupid.

Good thing is you could jiggle her breasts around with the DualShock.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVy0KoIB0_4
>>
>>384639689
Raiden beat the fuck out of rose multiple times after MGS2, he hit her once before MGS2, apparently, even after everything happened in 2, he turned into a fucking emo faggot just like in the beginning of 2. MGS4 ruined Raiden.
>>
>>384640102
MGS4 ruined a lot of things but I've seen a lot of people genuinely defending it lately which is baffling.
>>
>tfw no MGS3 for PC
I could care less about 4.
>>
>>384633783
I just want it for mgo2. That was so good back in the day. Knife only servers were so funny. I trolled a lot of people too. Savemgo is taking too long and I hate the PS3 controller. Come on Sony.
>>
File: 1476669861435.png (158KB, 437x435px) Image search: [Google]
1476669861435.png
158KB, 437x435px
post yfw Konami re-releases MGS4 for PS4
and it brings back MGO2
>>
File: IMG_2070.jpg (27KB, 434x425px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2070.jpg
27KB, 434x425px
>>384640584
>>
>>384640102
seriously? I guess I missed a lot then.
I thought that the team raiden worked with in 2 were just AI the whole time. they never mentioned anything about raiden being a wife beater
>>
>>384636215
OP probably thinks that since it only came out on PS3, it must be exclusively for Sony. Which isn't true, they just didn't think the 360 could do it.
Thread posts: 78
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.