[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So when will this pick up pace? I'm about 15 hours in and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

File: p3fes.jpg (77KB, 500x263px) Image search: [Google]
p3fes.jpg
77KB, 500x263px
So when will this pick up pace? I'm about 15 hours in and not much has really happened. That isn't to say I'm not liking it though, the atmosphere is really comfy.
>>
It doesn't really "pick up" it just adds a bit more characters and arcs that it will resolve later.

It's better to just lose yourself in the game and go with the flow.

How are you liking it so far?
>>
>>384619373
P4 is better.
>>
>>384619229
The pacing is extremely sedate until the final few months
>>
>>384619462
Nope.
>>
>>384619373
It's pretty nice, I really like the flow of the game. It feels like you have to manage your time doing things that are important instead of being in tartarus 24/7 grinding. The characters are pretty good, although most of the side characters are better than the main cast except Junpei. Mitsuru does nothing except scan on top of being boring, and Akihiko is boring but amazing in combat, so I really want to like him. So far only one girl I can romance and she's ok. Overall it's just a sort of comfy high school sim so far which isn't bad.
>>
October I guess. Since the bosses are monthly it takes some time to get anywhere, but I kind of appreciate that you have so much time to enjoy social links.
>>
>>384619229
Most of P3's story is all loaded into the last bit of the game. The pacing is nonexistent for most of it.
>>
>>384619815
I see.
I agree, it's pretty nice to be able to go at your own pace and spend your time how you want, I like that kind of freedom in games.

>only one girl I can romance.
Fair warning anon, once you go past a certain rank with a girl she will be your romantic partner, you can't just be friends with them so pick the girl you want to max carefully.
>>
Do the courage and charm stats do anything? It makes sense what academics does, but charm and courage are seemingly useless.
>>
>>384620119
You will require charm or courage to unlock certain S.Links and some quests from elizabeth
>>
I kind of preferred the laid back pacing of 3 over 4 and 5 which had just as little going on but felt like they were always trying to just rush you towards the next big story event.
>>
P3's mid game is notoriously barren. Everything really does happen right towards the end.
>>
Game doesn't pick up until right before the climax, really. Everything leading up to there is still fun though.
Better than P4, worse than P5
>>
>>384620279
>P3's mid game is notoriously barren
It's better than Stellaris.
>>
>>384619229
Yeah, it's really dull in multiple spots, but the pay-off by the end of the game is huge.
>>
>>384619815
Don't worry about your main party, I can guarantee you that their character's will develop one way or another over the course of the game. If you like Junpei now he'll probably end up your favorite character by the time it's all over.
>>
>>384619229
I started getting into the game around the time you recruit Fuuka. That's probably where the story starts to "pick up"
>>
>>384620651
If he's 15 hours in he's probably well past that part
>>
>>384620719
no, I'm not using a guide. I'm almost to the second full moon.
>>
>>384620823
In that case make sure you have some good personas.
How's your roster?
>>
File: personas.png (75KB, 462x402px) Image search: [Google]
personas.png
75KB, 462x402px
>>384620909
I've mostly been using Omoikane because of all the lightning weakness on block 2. I've only fused a few Personas because I'm not too sure what I should be using so I've mostly stuck to personas with social links I have. My whole party is full, not sure if it'as good or not though.
>>
>>384620119
They are required for a couple quests and atleast 1 social link per stat
>>
File: Fusion Skills.webm (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Fusion Skills.webm
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>384622124
Your party is mostly fine.
The personas you should be fusing are those who fill in the gaps of your current party, see what elements your party uses and get personas with elements they don't have.

Let me give you a brief explanation on how fusing works

The skills passed in fusion are random and change every time you select the personas you want to fuse as shown in the the webm I'm posting, but certain personas have some affinities to different types of elements, which means they're more likely to learn a certain type of skill.
A persona that has fire as its main theme is more likely to learn a fire skill over any other one.

With this in mind, you should look carefully at the results of your fusions and see what skills you want to keep with you.

If you have any questions feel free to ask
>>
>>384622124
Just keep doing what you're doing right now, fuse your current persona's into stronger ones when you can and then keep those persona's to fuse those into even stronger persona's even later.
>>
>>384622124
Also remember to always register your personas before fusing unless the version you have is weaker than the one already registered
>>
>>384622632
is there any way to check what skills do outside of battle? it's pretty hard to remember what all these nip names are
>>
>>384622836
There isn't any practical way, best I can think of is when you learn a new skill and your persona can't learn any more it tells you a description of each one, but other than that you pretty much have to guess or try them out.

Most of the names are pretty easy to remember tho, like Agi>Agilao>Agidyne

Also, if you ever find yourself with a persona that you can't fuse into anything good and don'w want to use anymore, you can go to the antiques shop and turn them into a weapon, these have special potentials and effects depending on the persona, so it's worth keeping in mind
>>
>>384623189
Thanks anon, I can't really think of anything else I would need to know except maybe recomendend boss levels. I will probably be good from now on.
And you're the ace
>>
File: 52.png (200KB, 332x520px) Image search: [Google]
52.png
200KB, 332x520px
>>384623574
No problem anon, I'm glad I could help.
Enjoy your game
>spoiler

Y-You too
>>
>>384619229
>So when will this pick up pace?
The end of November, I wish I was kidding.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.