[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

okay /v/, I want to get into STALKER, should i start with the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: images.duckduckgo.com.jpg (3MB, 3840x2400px) Image search: [Google]
images.duckduckgo.com.jpg
3MB, 3840x2400px
okay /v/, I want to get into STALKER, should i start with the first, or is it not important which i play first, also, any tips for a newfag to rpgs in this sytle, closest thing i've played is new vegas
>>
>>384608427
Play shadow of chernobyl first, and make sure you play on master difficulty unless you like damage sponge mutants. Personally I used the AMK mod when I played though on my first time.
>>
play the first one, shadow of chernobyl

play on master difficulty for the best experience

pick your battles carefully in the beginning, early guns are atrocious

don't be a packrat like you would in bethesda rpgs, take only what you need. a few food items, some medical supplies, a fair amount of ammo for just a couple guns, artifacts you intend to use. picking up guns to sell is a bad idea since merchants who will take them are few and far between, you'll either be doing a lot of backtracking or trying to push forward for a long time on an unnecessarily heavy load.

explore thoroughly, there's plenty of hidden items to find besides the secret stashes. you can't access secret stashes until you've been tipped off to their location, but hidden items are always available.
>>
Like the others said play on the hardest difficulty and stick with it until you get out of the hobo part of the game. Once you have your hands on a decent weapon and you feel confident going toe to toe with groups of enemies the true stalkan begins.
>>
>>384608427
Technically it doesn't matter at which game you start, but it's still best to play in chronological order.
>>
>>384608427
just make sure you don't play clear sky first
it has a cheaper base price for a reason, believe me.

call of prypiat spoils almost all of shadow of chernobyl's plot near the very end when you meet an important character

so i'd suggest shadow of chernobyl-> call of prypiat -> clear sky (if you feel like wanting more)

or, if you acknowledge that clear sky is gonna suck ass till you get used to it (like 40% into the game) then play it first.
the games only get better and more playable past that point
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.