[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why didn't Kojima just go into the film industry instead

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_1155.jpg (424KB, 1240x700px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1155.jpg
424KB, 1240x700px
Why didn't Kojima just go into the film industry instead of the gaming industry? He's pretty obviously more into movies than games.
>>
>>384605829
He's too much of a pussy. He's too lazy to try to do the same shit a normal director does. So he sticks to videogames inside a building just talking to programmers and shit.
>>
File: 1461191882287.jpg (51KB, 530x649px) Image search: [Google]
1461191882287.jpg
51KB, 530x649px
>>384605829
>>
>>384605829
Reality is ugly and you can't have full control
>>
>>384605829
Because it wasn't in God's plan. Besides, even though he's clearly more into movies, games make more sense for the tens of hours of plot, the interactivity, and some of the fourth wall breaks. His work wouldn't have the same charm in film.
>>
He doesn't know how to write and without game-play propping up his work it would become obvious how dumb it is. It's a lot easier to think something being over the top is cool instead of stupid when you get to interact with it. He also would have been more likely to get panned for how much stuff he blatantly lifts from movies if he was being reviewed by film critics instead of game critics.
>>
>>384608593
So he's a pussy essentially?
>>
>>384606425
>Venom sex mod when
>>
>>384608694
Personally I don't think he realizes any of this himself, the way he talks and the way people talk about him when he works he probably thinks his ideas are legitimately awesome. In fairness some of them are, but he gets carried away easily and needs to be reigned in, and his continuity is less than great. We will see what his work actually looks like when he doesn't have anyone above him to tell him 'no' when Death Stranding comes out, I'm banking on it being a disaster.
>>
File: Snake Man.png (412KB, 564x734px) Image search: [Google]
Snake Man.png
412KB, 564x734px
>>384605829
Last night's thread with the supposed ""insider"" was pretty fun to read.
>>384544902
>>
>>384606316
When he started out it was way cheaper to do the things he wanted to do in a video game than in a movie. The budgeting for the amount of CGI or animatronics it would take to have made Metal Gear Solid as a movie would be several multitudes larger than the budget for the game, and that's before you include the rest of the costs.
>>
Now that he's made a name for himself, I guess there's a chance for him to produce/ direct a film or mini series. There's always netflix
>>
You don't just "go" from one industry to the other, there's an immense amount of subjective and objective factors at play with stuff like that.

Life isn't a video game where you just pick a mode from a menu OP.
>>
>>384607815
Yes. Good post I came to post this
>>
>>384608694
The opposite desu. Most game devs remain hidden on purpose. He puts himself out there like no other vidya person does. He interacts with elites, demands huge money, pulls of risky moves constantly. Generally doesn't give a fuck and caters to his own taste.

Yes the opposite of you, the actual pussy
>>
>>384605829
The story and cut scenes are the worst part of his games. People look past it in games but in a movie his cheesy weebshit , nonsense conspiracy backstories with more holes than swiss cheese and paper thin plot lines would be completely ridiculed. He might be able to get a job with The Asylum.
>>
>>384605829

Games was his opening, so he went there. Now he's stuck. I don't think Hollywood would give him 100 million budget or anything.

I do think he should have branched out into animation and such.
>>
>>384605829
He is a hack.
MGS4 was his take as a movie director and guess what happened.
>>
File: 000000000000000000000000.png (1001KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
000000000000000000000000.png
1001KB, 1280x720px
>>384608787
>>
>>384608593
This.
>>
>>384605829
The japanese film industry is fucking garbage
>>
>>384605829
because you actually need some talent to make it as a movie director
>>
Because you can't just "get into" the film industry. Hollywood is the biggest circlejerk in existence and it's nearly only pure nepotism.
>>
>>384610429
>Hey buddy, I think you got the wrong platform.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.