[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

can I get some tips? I recently picked this up and it's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: Enter-the-Gungeon.jpg (56KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Enter-the-Gungeon.jpg
56KB, 1280x720px
can I get some tips?

I recently picked this up and it's pretty cool, kinda having a hardish time though

I mastered Isaac so I know I can do it but it's kicking my ass a bit past the 3rd boss
>>
>>384603228
Play a good game instead
>>
Welcome to the game that, unlike issac, has terrible pacing and synergies
>>
Welcome to the game that, unlike Isaac, focuses on skill and doesn't rely on becoming as OP as possible.
>>
>>384603749
>bullet hell
>skill
>not memorization
lmao
>>
>>384603307
What would you consider a good game
>>
>>384604420
Confirmed for never making to the level named Bullet Hell.
>>
>>384603228
Gungeon focuses on your ability to play the game more than Isaac does. Luck and items influence it but you have to be able to shoot and dodge and can't just get carried by items.

Anyway, protips. Don't pick up any keys until you find the shop on a floor. If you find the shop before picking up a key, the shop is guaranteed to have a key for sale which is almost always worth buying. Rat won't steal keys if you leave them on the floor so just pick them up later.
Save blanks for bosses. If you can kill a boss without taking damage (That includes taking armor damage) you get a life up item. Using blanks to get clean boss kills for more life is almost always better than opening up secrets.
Don't use keys on brown chests and only use them on blue chests if you're reasonably well stocked on keys.
>>
File: 1443784881189.webm (3MB, 212x284px) Image search: [Google]
1443784881189.webm
3MB, 212x284px
>>384603307
This.

>>384604420
>enter the gungeon
>nuclear throne
>isaac
>undertale
>furi
>"""""bullet hell"""""
Nah, fuck off.
>>
File: 1479507346577.png (2MB, 1125x2001px) Image search: [Google]
1479507346577.png
2MB, 1125x2001px
>>384603228
Roguelites are a meme genre because more often than not, the removal of rpg mechanics means that you rely almost completely on RNG to make a run viable. My tip for you is to play a different game.
>>
>>384605005
Exactly. Bullet hells are all about memorization with little to no skill while most of those games have more than just move and shoot being your only option.
>>
>>384605330
>Bullet hells are all about memorization with little to no skill
Which is bullshit as well, there's a huge difference between routing and execution. You can watch superplay DVDs for hours on end and memorize every single thing the players in them do, but that's not going to automatically make you a good player once you have a go at the game.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.