[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

should i buy the ps4 ver or am I better off emulating it ? I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: 250px-Odinssphere.png (203KB, 250x354px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Odinssphere.png
203KB, 250x354px
should i buy the ps4 ver or am I better off emulating it ?
I started it on pcsx2 last night and it ran smoothly but now I'm contemplating buying it on the ps4 since it's pretty cheap
>>
>>384600896
PS4 version has new content
>>
PS4 version overhauls the gameplay to be not horrible
>>
this or dragons crown ?
>>
>>384600896
get it on ps4, worth it.
>>
The PS4 literally has the PS2 version in 1080p/60fps with cleaned up text us as an option.
The remake mode is also 10x better to play.

It's the perfect remake. There is literally no reason to touch the original, ever, for any reason.
>>
>>384600896
The new version has a mode that allows you to play the original game with updated graphics and I immediately gave up. It was just so much worse than the newer version.

You should get the new one if you actually want to play it. It's just better all around and fixes some of the other issues in the game aside from general gameplay.
>>
>>384601379
Do you want to play a couple really fucking long stages five times or several small stages 25 times?

OS is 5. DC is 25.
>>
File: odin-sphere-leifthrasir-ps4.jpg (379KB, 760x949px) Image search: [Google]
odin-sphere-leifthrasir-ps4.jpg
379KB, 760x949px
>>384600896
PS4 since you get the best of both worlds: A remastered edition of the original and a remake.
>>
>>384601874
Literally the best remake ever for this reason. Never have I seen a case where not even curiosity warrants playing the original cart/disc.
>>
>>384600896
PS4 no question about it, it literally has the original PS2 gameplay with reworked visuals if anyone liked the original gameplay that much, I didn't and loved the remade gameplay based around Muramasa so I pretty much only focused in the Remake mode, I've had too much of the PS2 version on an actual PS2 already.
>>
>>384602402
They aren't reworked so much as rescanned without the artifacting in a lot of cases.
>>
PS3 has basically the same version of PS4, doesn't it?
>>
>>384602848
More or less yes, but the framerate in the PS4 version is 98% impecable while the PS3 is around 90% impecable. It is not that glaring but the when playing the PS3 you will be able to notice some dips during insane action sequences, like with the dwarf blimb on challenges where there's even more enemies.
>>
>>384603160
Alright, thanks bro.
>>
PS4 and not even a question.

Only remember to play on Hard.
>>
>>384601379
If you have some friends to play with, Dragon's Crown. Leifthrasir is a much better single-player game.
>>
>>384600896
It's not a remaster you know. It's the same difference as playing RE1 on psx or RE1 on NGC.
>>
>>384600896
Gameplay in the remake/update is a step up.

I own the original, and now the remake.

PS4 update > Emulated > Original.

Haven't tried the PS3 update, but if you have a PS4 why bother?

I wish they'd do a similar update to Dragon's Crown, just fixing the menu/respeccing system in that would be worthwhile for me. Dragon's Crown gets so much right, but little annoyances make it more fun to just play Aliens vs. Predator, Dungeons & Dragons: Shadow Over Mystara etc.

I'm still sad Muramasa didn't get a PS4 version, not interesting in getting a Vita.
>>
>>384600896
not only does the ps4 version have a remake and original version bundled with it, they added a shitload of extra options for the original version.
its like a big debug menu.
>>
How does it run on rpcs3?
>>
>>384600896
PS4 version is unironically one of my favorite PS4 games. I never played the PS2 version but I've heard its just less good in general due to the various things like improved planting systems, more varied level designs, and the top tier voice acting.
>>
>>384605908
The legit complaints about the PS2 version where the loading times and framerate dips, on an actual PS2 system you really could feel it. Arguable complaints were about the original gameplay style, a stamina based system that really get annoying for those looking for action, you couldn't swing more than 4 times before the bar depleted completely, mixing potions and stuff was definitely the goal back then; the much more action oriented remake is a more welcome style for many.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.