[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ignoring gameplay, which Final Fantasy has the best (in your

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: cc.jpg (147KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
cc.jpg
147KB, 1920x1080px
Ignoring gameplay, which Final Fantasy has the best (in your opinion) setting/lore?
>>
XIV for me, but that's because its my favorite FF
>>
XII
>>
XI, Tactics
>>384600315
It's a shame how fucking tedious the MSQs are.
>>
>>384600315
Isn't it just a bunch of homages to other Final Fantasy games? Granted, my knowledge about this title comes exclusively from news headlines about its updates which I never even read.
>>
>>384602249
Not him, but while it does have tons of references to the other games, XIV still has a cohesive world and a great soundtrack. Don't play the game if you value your social life/free time, though.
>>
>>384602249
>Isn't it just a bunch of homages to other Final Fantasy games

Welcome to every FF after VI.
>>
>>384602471
Or if you value good games.
>>
XI
Then IX
Then Tactics
>>
>>384602503
Samefag here, should amend this to include 5 and 6.

The series has been heavily fuckin' self-referential for ages. It helps fill in the gaps for shitty Square writing. Shit, the only good parts of 15's plot were when summons from the old games showed up.
>>
>>384600028
>Ignoring gameplay
Why?
Crystal Chronicles is the best FF.
>>
File: smackity smack.gif (129KB, 300x232px) Image search: [Google]
smackity smack.gif
129KB, 300x232px
>>384602503
English localization team takes it even further to take every opportunity to remind you that you're playing a Final Fantasy game.
Here's oneoff the top of my head:
A simple Cindy's line which would directly translate to
>What? That's funny.
became
>That sounds funnier'n a moogle in a chocobo race.
It gets old very fast. Especially when you're aware it's forced by the translators.
>>
>>384600028
>setting
Tactics series and 12. I love Ivalice.
>>
>>384600028
Tictacs. XII for main games.

XIII 1 for worst lore. Hearing the characters constantly ramble on about Fal'cie/Cie'th/L'cie shit that's impossible to give a fuck about was awful. Thank fuck they put that garbage on the back burner in XIII-2.
>>
Definitely FFX. Spira and Sin are so fucking great .
>>
>>384603741
wtf i love hick girls now
>>
>>384603741
I'm of two minds about it, because there's a very direct cause: the FF writers are fucking shit. They are incompetent, hamhanded, simple-minded boobs.

There's a few cases where it's just been mediocre instead, but almost every person they've ever handed writing duties off to has been absolutely incompetent when it comes to dialogue. It's not even because they're a Japanese company; the dialogue is almost always boring, character-free, plodding, generic garbage.

The overdone translations are a symptom of the writing being shit; the translators realize it's shit but can't rewrite it. So they occasionally add nuance, express things more directly, add references and generally just fiddle with it. Sometimes it works (V and XIV are pretty good examples) and other times it doesn't. As shit as it can get, I generally prefer the English scripts being like this, because the JP scripts are shit either way while the English localizations are occasionally more tolerable despite their shortcomings.
>>
>>384602471
>>384601985
>>384600315
I actually really like the setting and world of FF14 but the way in which the story is presented and the quest lines are structured Is god-awful. Along with the gameplay
>>
>>384602471
>Don't play the game if you value your social life/free time, though.
The game is casual as fuck. I did all the content in a span of 2 months.
>>
Ivalice no contest.
Thats why there haven't been any new games with the setting, the other designers are buttmad its such a great setting with lots of lore.
>>
Any good lewds to come out of the FF XII remaster?
>>
>>384600028
ffxiv has miqo'te so ffxiv
>>
>>384609068
FFXI's Mithra are superior in every conceivable way
>>
Hands down it's tactics.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.